AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

View Poll Results: Spice and Wolf - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 93 44.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 68 32.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 11.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 6.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 3.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 208. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-30, 14:37   Link #121
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
I have not read through this thread, so I apologize if I'm being redundant in this post.

Spoiler for rant rant rant:

Welcome to our joy and pain? yeah, its obvious the producers were far too uncertain about the success of the anime.

Yeah, I've already ordered all the novels (I should get them in mid-April if they ship on schedule). The anime covered the first two novels in a very condensed form. There's also a manga adaptation that just released (3/2008) but my order is on a slow boat.

And well.. that's the point of all anime in some respect: adverts for the mechandise.
Gotcha....

There are people working on a translation -- that actually looks pretty readable so far (in case you want to slack on your Japanese skills ).

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-03-30 at 18:36.
Old 2008-03-30, 15:00   Link #122
LKK

Gave the episode an 8. It didn't match the emotional whallop of episode 4 which rated a 9 from me. But was definitely a good show to watch.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-03-30, 15:14   Link #123
MyGoddess
Tessa-sama

Send a message via MSN to MyGoddess
Great episode. The animation could have been better at times but it was good nonetheless. Also loved to see Lawrence mess around with Horo.

Glad to know it ended well and I look forward to a second season.

9/10
Old 2008-03-30, 18:45   Link #124
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Gave the episode an 8. It didn't match the emotional whallop of episode 4 which rated a 9 from me. But was definitely a good show to watch.
Yeah, I have to agree the *emotional* impact of the first adventure -- with Horo's loneliness, Lawrence's standing up for her, Horo's reaction on hearing his speech in the sewer, and so on. The second adventure had a lot of strengthening moments and some hilarity but was more of a straight "D&D bit of high adventure". Anxious to see what the novels have to say...
Old 2008-03-30, 21:03   Link #125
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

Satisfying conclusion. Of course it does beg for S2, but they did do well with the 13 episodes they had to work with. I take back my initial doubts about the voice casting. In the end Jun & Ami worked marvelously as the leads and I can't imagine the characters being voiced by anyone else.
Old 2008-03-31, 02:33   Link #126
ESC

I was happy and sad that the series was over. One thing I felt after watching the last episode was that too much story was trying to be compressed into one episode. Maybe adding one more episode could have made the story feel smooth(?) imo.
Old 2008-04-01, 05:36   Link #127
FateAnomaly

There is a few things i don't get though.
1) How is it that Lawrence who collapsed from the wound, blood loss and cold suddenly become better with the arrival of Horo. Do Horo have some mystical healing abilities?
2)How is the name Horo shorter than Nora?
3)Why are they waiting for Nora near the end of the anime?
Old 2008-04-01, 05:55   Link #128
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
There is a few things i don't get though.
1) How is it that Lawrence who collapsed from the wound, blood loss and cold suddenly become better with the arrival of Horo. Do Horo have some mystical healing abilities?
2)How is the name Horo shorter than Nora?
3)Why are they waiting for Nora near the end of the anime?
1. It just a few hours in the rain which really will not wear down a grown man even in real life.

2. In Japanese it's No-ra(ノーラ) extending the O making it three syllables, while Horo(ホロ) consists of only two.

3. Nora was carrying(smuggling) the gold into the city that is why.
Old 2008-04-01, 06:05   Link #129
FateAnomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
1. It just a few hours in the rain which really will not wear down a grown man even in real life.

2. In Japanese it's No-ra(ノーラ) extending the O making it three syllables, while Horo(ホロ) consists of only two.

3. Nora was carrying(smuggling) the gold into the city that is why.
1)He is wounded and bleeding. I don't think many people can actually survive it.

2)That make more sense now.

3)They have already went into the city already. Do they still need Nora to bring the gold in? Isn't that taking a redundant risk?
Old 2008-04-01, 07:26   Link #130
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
1)He is wounded and bleeding. I don't think many people can actually survive it.

2)That make more sense now.

3)They have already went into the city already. Do they still need Nora to bring the gold in? Isn't that taking a redundant risk?
Come on he wasn't stabed or anything he got pushed around and took some hits but nothing serious.

As for the gold it can only be Nora because any other entering the city would had been interrogated and searched. That is why they asked Nora to join in the first place.
After the little skirmish with Lemerio's men Lawrence took the gold from Liebert and entrusted Nora to carry the gold into the city and seperated with Nora to finish negotiatation with Lemerio before Nora arrives.
Horo questioned Lawrence if he trusted Nora completely in which he replies, No and added that they can catch up with Nora if she decides to run away with the gold.
Old 2008-04-01, 14:15   Link #131
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

A small slice to the cheek is painful but not serious, other than that he was just punched a bit. They just left hime tied for the wolves to eat -- most of his anguish was just that, he was anguished that he couldn't go help either Nora nor Horo.

The gold was still in the sheep gullets. Nora is the only person the gate guards won't search or question.
Old 2008-04-02, 00:22   Link #132
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

You know.. he seriously did not need a fire to untie that.. -.- (At least to hold his hands over it.)

For starters.. he can simply move his hands to the front.. the rope isn't tied up very high, allowing him to twist his arms sideways..
Old 2008-04-02, 01:00   Link #133
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

He wasn't THAT wounded... he got a little cut on the cheek... I'll be damn surprised if someone would die from a tiny cut like that..
Old 2008-04-02, 04:08   Link #134
Xhokhusmak

series was way too short
Old 2008-04-02, 04:11   Link #135
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

HayashiTakara: there's always infection. Though it really doesn't work that fast.
Old 2008-04-02, 04:25   Link #136
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

According to google: "wolf saliva heals his cuts faster"

Technically, it should also kill bacteria.

^.-
Old 2008-04-02, 07:28   Link #137
Godly_senselessness

Awesome,beautiful,wonderful series.It brings an extremely fresh perspective to anime all together.
Old 2008-04-03, 17:35   Link #138
Dralha

A fantastic ending for a truly beautiful series. A perfect 10.
Old 2008-04-04, 04:38   Link #139
Eric10301

Really awesome series I just wish it hadn't felt so condensed. The only other thing that bugs me was if they check you so throughly at the Town entrance that you have to hide gold in sheep to get it in how could they not discover horo's tail or ears?
Old 2008-04-04, 07:43   Link #140
cowteats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric10301 View Post
Really awesome series I just wish it hadn't felt so condensed. The only other thing that bugs me was if they check you so throughly at the Town entrance that you have to hide gold in sheep to get it in how could they not discover horo's tail or ears?
Good question; it's because when Horo wear her cape she look like a sister of the Church. And since this is the church city of Rubinhaigen, they don't check priests and sisters.
Closed Thread