AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-09, 08:40   Link #121
OutSmart
Comic Relief

same here. Although sometimes I do dislike Oxford.
Old 2008-11-09, 20:45   Link #122
Hisago
The Superchunky from Hell

One thing I was thinking about earlier...

Is Ragnarok that heavy? He was huge before he got all his souls confiscated, but Chrona seemed to have no trouble carrying him around. Maybe it's like Maka with Soul, and only the meister has an easy time carrying the weapon. If pre-confiscation!Ragnarok was sticking out of Chrona's back, and someone tried to pick the two of them up, would they be really heavy? Is Chrona extra heavy by him/herself because they're carrying around that extra metal in their bloodstream?

Last edited by Hisago; 2008-11-09 at 21:03.
Old 2008-11-09, 23:01   Link #123
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisago View Post
One thing I was thinking about earlier...

Is Ragnarok that heavy? He was huge before he got all his souls confiscated, but Chrona seemed to have no trouble carrying him around. Maybe it's like Maka with Soul, and only the meister has an easy time carrying the weapon. If pre-confiscation!Ragnarok was sticking out of Chrona's back, and someone tried to pick the two of them up, would they be really heavy? Is Chrona extra heavy by him/herself because they're carrying around that extra metal in their bloodstream?
Its not about the weight of the weapon. If the Meister and the Weapon's soul resonate well with each other, the Meister can wield the weapon anyway it likes as if it is weightless.

These kids, both Meisters and Weapons have weak control of their own Soul Wavelengths, that's why they can't cooperate well with each other and allow each other to exchange weapons. The Death Scythes and top Meisters like Stein can work in any pair because they have great control of their Soul Wavelengths, allowing each other to work as a team.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-11-10, 03:41   Link #124
lmd_84

Stein was always an exception, however, as he's stated to be capable of altering his wavelength to allow him to wield any Weapon. It's a talent of his rather than the kind of resonance the kids use (or should use) through mutual understanding and cooperation.

For the adults being able to match their wavelengths accordingly, I'd say the best (only?) example we have is Sid, who's used both Nygus (whom I'm thinking is his regular partner) and Yumi.
Old 2008-11-10, 04:25   Link #125
Clarste
Human

I think the "unique talent" part of Stein (or you could say his genius) is his ability to instantly match anyone, including his enemies, as demonstrated when he took no damage from Black Star. Based on the Sid example, it seems reasonable that skilled meisters can tolerably match a variety of weapons rather than being forced to stick to a single partner forever. Keep in mind that Black Star's an example of having extremely low flexibility with his soul wavelength, so him completely failing to pick up Soul is more of an exception than a rule. He can only use Tsuabki because she's particularly flexible and matches herself to him.
Old 2008-11-10, 06:04   Link #126
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

I know my question is sort out of topic here , but I was wondering if Ragnarok was really human. Because we know in Death city , Weapons and Meisters are all human. So what about Ragnarok?

(Because in first episode , Soul said that he's also not human. Or maybe it's just a mistranslation ><")
Old 2008-11-10, 06:16   Link #127
Katocchi
Your Order ?
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Katocchi
Maybe Soul said like That because He is Weapon
and give comment ^^

Old 2008-11-10, 06:54   Link #128
Hisago

I think Ragnarok was made artificially by Medusa or possibly Arachne and was never human.

And before I meant if they weren't resonating... but I guess nobody we've seen so far has had any particular trouble moving Chrona around.
Old 2008-11-10, 11:59   Link #129
NickelXenon

But wasn't Ragnarock a weapon beforehand? Didn't Medusa just add the black blood to it, but it was already a weapon.
Old 2008-11-10, 12:41   Link #130
Clarste
Human

Medusa dissolved him in the black blood. We don't know if he was human beforehand, but he existed before Medusa modified him; she didn't create him from scratch. I'm assuming he was human. Probably an evil weapon like Masamune or Giriko.
Old 2008-11-10, 13:24   Link #131
NickelXenon

How interesting. I wonder what Ragnarok was like before he had black blood in him.
Old 2008-11-10, 14:28   Link #132
lmd_84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Medusa dissolved him in the black blood. We don't know if he was human beforehand, but he existed before Medusa modified him; she didn't create him from scratch. I'm assuming he was human. Probably an evil weapon like Masamune or Giriko.
Not sure about that. To me, his likening for souls in general seems rather childish than evil, ditto his treatment of Chrona; a cruel kid who doesn't know better, even as he sees people only as food. Ragnarok's a bully, sure, but 'evil' I'm not so sure of. Though he does seem to be liking it when Crona loses it in front of Arachne.

I also wonder what he was like before he was put into Crona.
Old 2008-11-10, 15:35   Link #133
Hisago

If he was human beforehand, he was probably the same age as Chrona was. Though I wonder where Medusa might have found him, since it doesn't seem like he's another child of hers.
Old 2008-11-10, 19:01   Link #134
NickelXenon

I think to a certain extent, Ragnorak does care for Krona. I'm mean, in the end, all they have is each other. I think he might be a little jealous Krona is making new friends.
Old 2008-11-10, 19:36   Link #135
Hisago

We haven't seen him display any explicit jealousy, unless him generally picking on everyone around him counts as jealousy.

Also, SE seems to have a bit of a Norse mythology thing going on. You've got your Ragnarok (self-explanatory) your Fenris wolf (Free) Medusa with all her (Midgar?) serpents... Wonder who Hel could be. Chrona him/herself?

Have they revealed Marie's weapon form yet? I thought I saw somewhere that she was a hammer, referencing Thor's hammer Mjöllnir. Also she has an eye patch, like Odin... Then again, I could just be looking for evidence where there is none.
Old 2008-11-10, 22:05   Link #136
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisago View Post
We haven't seen him display any explicit jealousy, unless him generally picking on everyone around him counts as jealousy.

Also, SE seems to have a bit of a Norse mythology thing going on. You've got your Ragnarok (self-explanatory) your Fenris wolf (Free) Medusa with all her (Midgar?) serpents... Wonder who Hel could be. Chrona him/herself?

Have they revealed Marie's weapon form yet? I thought I saw somewhere that she was a hammer, referencing Thor's hammer Mjöllnir. Also she has an eye patch, like Odin... Then again, I could just be looking for evidence where there is none.
There are various themes in the naming and weapons, but it's not really Norse in particular. Medusa and her sister Arachne are both Greek for example. Ragnarok and Mjollnir are just two of a plethora of mythology or fantasy game weapons being used as names. It's kinda balanced out by Excalibur, Vajra, Masamune (yeah, I knows he's a blacksmith, but it's still legendary), etc.

We can assume Marie's a hammer, since she's described as a crushing weapon and is named Mjollnir, but we haven't seen her yet.

As for Free, well he's just the wolf in a setting where all the witches have animal themes. Not particularly notable. I like to think of him as "the wolf" of various fairy tales (like Red Riding Hood) because he's immortal and might've been around long enough to inspire things like that, but I have no basis for this.

Last edited by Clarste; 2008-11-11 at 09:32.
Old 2008-11-11, 09:01   Link #137
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Interpret the above scene as you will ; I for one found it to be a very endearing show of just how pure-hearted and sweet a person Spirit is. If I were a girl I'd want my Dad to be this nice and cool.
Old 2008-11-11, 10:21   Link #138
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila View Post
Interpret the above scene as you will ; I for one found it to be a very endearing show of just how pure-hearted and sweet a person Spirit is. If I were a girl I'd want my Dad to be this nice and cool.

Except for his playboy thingy. You can say nobody is perfect though. Every dad loves their children , in different ways of course.
Old 2008-11-11, 13:54   Link #139
lmd_84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila View Post
I for one found it to be a very endearing show of just how pure-hearted and sweet a person Spirit is. If I were a girl I'd want my Dad to be this nice and cool.
Oh, I agree. Spirit means well, definitely. Though the above also showed that he has a pretty idealistic image of how he wants his relationship with Maka to go.

I hope he and Maka improve, but I think they need to understand more about one another for that to work: Maka isn't just the sweet young girl Spirit daydreams about (like the clip, like remembering dancing together), and Spirit isn't just the daft pervert she thinks of him as.
Old 2008-11-11, 14:19   Link #140
NickelXenon

I wish they showed Maka's mother. They haven't yet, right? I'd like to see Maka's mother interact with her father.
Closed Thread