AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-04, 18:12   Link #1
acr429

Action/Romance Anime Suggestions

Well so far I can't find any other Romance/Action series that would get my attention or that I haven't already seen
Here is my list:

Full Metal Panic! : I have seen all 3 season and any OVA's related to it. (favorite anime of all time)

RahXephon : one of my top favorites, almost no comedy, nothing but action and romance. if you watch it watch the series then the movie.

Busou Renkin : The story was great and their was enough romance in it to keep me interested.

Kaze no Stigma : Love it, I can't believe I waited so long to wacth it.

Eureka Seven : at first the main character seemed TOO YOUNG, but it was interesting enough and the story line is pretty good.

Elemental Gelade : I didn't enjoy it too much, but it was still pretty good compare to others out there.

Fate/stay night : Not a big fan of the ending but the story was great.

Inukami! : more comedy then action but the story was ok and it was fun to watch.

Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo! : more comedy then action, but it was still pretty good.

Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen : everyone that likes animation in any form should have watch this already.

Shakugan no Shana : it was an ok series, just the main character comes out as too much of a pussy sometimes, but S2 gets a little better.

Shingetsutan Tsukihime : has a lot of similarities to F/S N, but I enjoyed this series better.

Sumomomo Momomo: Chijou Saikyou no Yome : again more comedy then action but the story and the characters were pretty great.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I think there was romance in like 2 episodes, but the story is too epic to not watch.

Sekirei is there any other shows like this out there, if so please tell me about them.

Voices of a Distant Star short OVA pretty good.

Currently watching

Xam'd: Lost Memories : The story is great more drama then romance or action, but I cant stop watching it.

well I think I'm missing a couple but this pretty much sums up everything that is Action/Romance that I have seen and enjoyed

SO can you guys name a couple that are like the first 5 preferably or any that are like any of the other series is ok too. I cant seem to find any Action/Romance anime series out there

please don't recommend Utawarerumono (saving it for when I really run out of series to watch)

No gundam pls
no yaoi or yuri stuff please or mangas
Old 2009-02-04, 19:28   Link #2
Rawgers
Nyaa~

These are all action romance- (Some may be mainly action with tad bit of romance or the other way around)

The Macross franchise- there are a couple Macross series. The one I recommend (the most)is Macross Zero. You can try the other Macross series such as the original/retelling (old animation), Macross Plus, and Macross Frontier.

Elfen Lied- contains plenty of nudity and blood, so if you can not handle it do not bother watching. Great, but sad story about a "mutated" girl trying to live her life (even with dual personality)

Kara no Kyoukai- Movies (5 out of 7 are released on fansubs)- Parallel universe to Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night (and based on Typemoon's novel. Prepare for awesomeness with a bit of romance (not extreme). I personally think this is better than the two similar ones.

Seikai no Monshou- and the sequels- More of an sci-fi (war) show in space (without all the mechas) The character development between the two main characters is pretty great.
Old 2009-02-04, 19:59   Link #3
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Old 2009-02-06, 17:29   Link #4
acr429

just watched My-Hime
it was ok the romance seemed forced
Old 2009-02-06, 18:00   Link #5
Westlo
Lets be reality

The Macross Franchise
Zegapain
Old 2009-02-09, 12:17   Link #6
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Naruto,Bleach,Fullmetal alchemist-mainly for the action, although there are bits of romance in all of them. Kurokami started airing around a month ago, promising in both ways.
Old 2009-02-09, 12:39   Link #7
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
The Macross Franchise
Zegapain
kinda sounds like eureka 7...but the op has watched that already..

when he says no gundam, does he mean no gundam(series) or no mechas at all/

actually i must thank the op because i was looking for the same kinda a thing and thx to him/her, I've watched kaze no stigma, bosou renkin, and momoru-kun,

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Old 2009-02-09, 12:45   Link #8
Kafriel
Senior Guest

He got some mecha anime on his list, so I guess it's a gundam-only thing.
Old 2009-02-12, 02:03   Link #9
acr429

yeah not very fond of gundam
Old 2012-07-16, 03:13   Link #10
kamehameha455

I recomend you kaichou wa maid ,it is good enough to watch,also,rosario vampire I and II,they are nice going animes,the problem IMHO is, that they are still going on(manga)and the final is not conclusive,also one of my favorites is Steins Gate
Old 2012-07-16, 03:42   Link #11
Ferp

If you do decide to check out the Macross franchise stay away from Macross Seven. I have never met a single person who enjoyed it.

I recently watched Anohana, it's a drama/romance/tragedy. It's only eleven episodes, but it was really well done.
Old 2012-07-16, 07:28   Link #12
kevs926

gosick very nice
Old 2012-07-16, 22:28   Link #13
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I'd suggest:

Ranma 1/2 Slapstick martial arts farce. If you like FMP then you should give Ranma a shot.

Hayate the Combat Butler More focus on the comedy then the romance, but still quite funny.

Crest of the Stars Extremely high quality space opera. Good romantic undertones.

Chrome Shelled Regios Action with a little romance. Ending was a bit mediocre, but Felli Loss makes it worth watching.

Neon Genesis Evangelion since you liked RahXephon

and A Certain Magical Index, the execution of the plot is a little rough in some arcs, but the Sisters Arc is the highest quality, and incidentally has main Love Interest of the Hero in it.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2012-07-17, 13:01   Link #14
NervZero
RAWR!!!

Send a message via AIM to NervZero
Sword Art Online: New show where the anime takes place in a virtual reality, it is listed to have romance and action, but the romance has not fully developed yet as it is still only into its second episode. However, out of all the new shows that I have watched for this season it might be the best, since its not extreme ecchi like all the other are.. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=13858

Oda Nobuna No Yabo: another new show that again is listed to have action and romance. However, this show unlike the first has already started to develop the romance aspect of the show. This show is an alternate reality of the unification of Japan. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=13761

Inu x Boku SS: is another good anime it has romance/action, but its more of a girl is protected by an overpowered bodyguard its still good though.. http://www.animeph.com/inu-x-boku-ss-anime-review

Fate/Zero: since you have Fate Stay Night on your list you might want to check out Fate/Zero it is the prequel to Fate Stay Night.. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=12376

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2012-07-17, 13:56   Link #15
Elegance

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom- http://myanimelist.net/anime/5682/Ph...or_the_Phantom
Valkyria Chronicles- http://myanimelist.net/anime/5507/Se...ian_Chronicles
Katanagatari- http://myanimelist.net/anime/6594/Katanagatari
Old 2012-07-17, 14:28   Link #16
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Give Zegapain a try. For more recent ones, give Campione! a shot and I second Sword Art Online and The Ambition of Oda Nobuna.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-07-18, 22:38   Link #17
kaitanuva

Steins;Gate? It's not really action but it's a thriller (think Death Note). The romance isn't in your face; it's realistic and builds up.
Closed Thread