Notices

Old 2009-08-04, 14:29   Link #3021
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Sorry there, i actually chose it quite randomly xD (a strong and a much weaker country; if i put US and a Middle East country for example, then it will sound too serious ^^)

I actually was thinking about the APEC incidence when that question sparked in my mind. I means there are always human errors now and then, and in an age where weapons are so devastating that a small event can spark WW3, there should be some ways to settle such and such problems where all sides can be happy about...
WW3 puhhh... The great countries won't allow a 3rd world war to happen.
I read this too often and how many contents anime are happening after WW3, it is really scary. As if the manhood would wish for it.
Old 2009-08-04, 19:52   Link #3022
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

hey I got a question
does coffee and tea really affect your height growth?
my dad keeps telling me to stop drinking that and wait till I'm 21 -.-
I'm freakin' 17 already dammit! -.-

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 01:25   Link #3023
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
hey I got a question
does coffee and tea really affect your height growth?
my dad keeps telling me to stop drinking that and wait till I'm 21 -.-
I'm freakin' 17 already dammit! -.-
tea doesn't lol I've been drinking tea daily for breakfast ever since I was what, 5 years old lol and I did grow quite tall ha ha
coffee, it depends if you are fully grown or not, I wouldn't give a 14 year old coffee not because of what you've said but because I wouldn't want them to caffeine rush, which isn't good yet since their brain is still developing and would most likely have more effect on that rather than your grow speed. I was always taught tea is for everyone, coffee is for grownups, though I don't like it anyway so I don't drink it
but a 17 year old enjoying a cup of coffee and not drinking 3-4 a day is not bad IMO, but then again I'm no doctor
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 01:39   Link #3024
Clarste
Human

I'm pretty sure the coffee thing is a myth.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 04:29   Link #3025
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

I knew it! -.-
he lets me drink alcohol but no coffee?
it's weird I hate it, I mean can I at least have the freedom to drink whatever I want
EDIT:
oh yeah thanks for answering

another EDIT:
another question
can anyone name me the title of the manga that's in the jump cover?

Last edited by Frailty; 2009-08-05 at 06:04.
Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 06:32   Link #3026
speck123

Medaka Box, per chance?
speck123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 08:01   Link #3027
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

@Frailty: i don't think coffee will affect height grow, but it's not as healthy so most ppl recommend you not to...
It may indirectly affect height growth through (for example: coffee=>affect your biological clock=> uneasy sleep => affect height growth...)

Also, yeah the manga is Medaka Box

Btw, i have a weird fetish of liking completely overpowered characters (super bonus if it's a girl, a cute or cool one would be extra bonus as well)..... is there any moe type fit that type of fetish? xD
Old 2009-08-05, 13:49   Link #3028
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Btw, i have a weird fetish of liking completely overpowered characters (super bonus if it's a girl, a cute or cool one would be extra bonus as well)..... is there any moe type fit that type of fetish? xD
The "I Am Your Master Rawr!" tsundere? That's the best I can think up.

Komari's question: I've been seeing this little white thing around the Internet a lot. He/It's small, white, and looks a lot like Mashimaro, but he opens his eyes sometimes. There's various GIFs of him; one in particular that I'm looking for is one where he has a face and is giving a big thumbs-up.
It's the guy who's in this pic:

If you know him, please tell me his name!
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 13:58   Link #3029
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

^Not sure what picture you are trying to find, but I think he's called "Onion." Google "Onion Head," "Onion Avatar," or something equivalent.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 16:33   Link #3030
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachopvutru View Post
^Not sure what picture you are trying to find, but I think he's called "Onion." Google "Onion Head," "Onion Avatar," or something equivalent.
Yes! Yes! Thank you very much. I finally know who that guy I see everywhere is.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 16:59   Link #3031
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

He is a powerful figure .... for everyone's sake, use him sparingly
Old 2009-08-06, 03:43   Link #3032
mit7059

In terms of the caffeine thing its a total myth, as is not eating your fruits and vegetables. I've been drinking coffee since I was about 4, never really ate fruits or vegetables, got really hooked on coffee when I was about 14 and I still ended up 6'2".

As for the whole assassination thing, this isn't 1914 and nothing will ever happen like Franz Ferdinand again, it wouldn't cause WWIII because unlike in WWI there are no intertwining alliances like there used to be. Germany as a government would not be held responsible for his death any more than the police in NYC are responsible for a random murder.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 14:07   Link #3033
Le Zeep
lazy cartoonist

I agree the coffee thing is a myth, I drank coffee alot as a kid and I grew to a reasonable height. But I'm not a good source since coffee, energy drinks, and tea all make me sleepy instead of hyper(if I drink to much earl grey I get shakey).

I have a question though, I've been wondering about this for some time but you know when like a dude sees a really cute girl in an anime and he gets a nose bleed? Why does that happen? Never in my entire life have I ever witnessed someone having a nose bleed from arousal.
Le Zeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 14:16   Link #3034
mit7059

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Zeep View Post
I agree the coffee thing is a myth, I drank coffee alot as a kid and I grew to a reasonable height. But I'm not a good source since coffee, energy drinks, and tea all make me sleepy instead of hyper(if I drink to much earl grey I get shakey).

I have a question though, I've been wondering about this for some time but you know when like a dude sees a really cute girl in an anime and he gets a nose bleed? Why does that happen? Never in my entire life have I ever witnessed someone having a nose bleed from arousal.
This doesn't actually happen, the idea is that when you get aroused you get hotheaded and all the blood rushes to your head (this doesn't actually happen, it rushes to other places) but its just a visual way of showing that they're aroused.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 15:14   Link #3035
Le Zeep
lazy cartoonist

Ah thank you for clearing that up, I geuss it's a better portrayl to show tha what actually happens haha.
Old 2009-08-06, 15:43   Link #3036
speck123

People do get nosebleeds from suffering anemia, though.
speck123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 18:42   Link #3037
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

People also don't actually get storm clouds, lightning bolts, or auras of blackness but those are other visual clues anime uses to portray feelings Nosebleeds and sweatdrops are the same sort of visual cues.
Old 2009-08-07, 00:17   Link #3038
Le Zeep
lazy cartoonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by speck123 View Post
People do get nosebleeds from suffering anemia, though.
That is so very true despite how ironic it is. You have low red blood cell count loose some blood now to make it worse!

Quote:
People also don't actually get storm clouds, lightning bolts, or auras of blackness but those are other visual clues anime uses to portray feelings Nosebleeds and sweatdrops are the same sort of visual cues.
what are you talking about I conjure small storm clouds all the time! It's a great way to keep cool in the summer! haha

Last edited by Le Zeep; 2009-08-07 at 10:23. Reason: incorrect medical terms!
Old 2009-08-07, 00:28   Link #3039
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
...and the anger mark on the head.

I have a friend who used to get nosebleeds all the time. It's kinda funny when he told me stories about how he (perhaps coincidentally) gets nosebleed at those moments, like seeing a girl wearing loose clothing. He went to the doctor to get his nose fixed, so that doesn't happen anymore, though.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 01:08   Link #3040
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Zeep View Post
That is so very true despite how ironic it is. You have low blood sugar loose some blood now to make it worse!
Anemia isn't low blood sugar, it's low red blood cell count, generally caused by malnutrition. Because you don't have enough blood cells to carry all the oxygen you need, you get tired easily or faint if you don't have enough for your brain.

Low blood sugar is hypoglycemia, which has similar symptoms for what I assume are different reasons.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious