AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 34
10: Amazing... 19 36.54%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 9 17.31%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 15 28.85%
7 out of 10: Good... 6 11.54%
6 out of 10: Average... 0 0%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 2 3.85%
4 out of 10: Poor... 1 1.92%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-06-03, 13:47   Link #61
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
Was I the only one who saw references from Asemu's arc flying left and right in this episode?

That flying kick performed by the Dark Hound was just like the Zeydra's, and the way how Asemu saved Kio was almost exactly the same that lead to Woolf's death.
You're not the only one
Old 2012-06-03, 15:05   Link #62
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Asemu is a pokemon trainer too?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 15:34   Link #63
monster

I like Asem's re-introduction to the series and the promise of finding out what happened to him. I'm glad they put in a little plot progression too, instead of it just being about Asem. Zeheart has some more characterization, which I'm fine with, although I'm not sure where it will lead. The girl is an alright addition for now; hopefully her story will be more involved with Zeheart and not have Kio interfering so much. And finally, I'm glad they finally addressed the kids' presence. Little thngs like that just makes the show better.

Good episode
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 15:44   Link #64
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Glad to see Asemu's still got it. Even though for most of the ep after he started talking, I though "Ok, not brainwashed. I hope he had a damn good reason to abandon his family." Also, he's the last person who should be talking about "leaving the military", the damn deserter. Still, funny how inmates like Grodek or deserters turned pirates like Asemu get better intelligence about the traitors than, say, commanders in chiefs.

They at last gave a reason for the kids' presence. Too bad it was a really, really stupid reason. (Seriously, why the hell would anyone think evacuating refugees from Earth's plentiful ground, air, and water for the cramped space and limited resources (not to mention the cost of the trip) is a good idea? And why is it so urgent to reunite families they have to use a warship to babysit?)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 15:46   Link #65
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
They at last gave a reason for the kids' presence. Too bad it was a really, really stupid reason. (Seriously, why the hell would anyone think evacuating refugees from Earth's plentiful ground, air, and water for the cramped space and limited resources (not to mention the cost of the trip) is a good idea? And why is it so urgent to reunite families they have to use a warship to babysit?)
At this point, I'm just glad they addressed it.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 15:52   Link #66
Meltyred

Quote:
Glad to see Asemu's still got it. Even though for most of the ep after he started talking, I though "Ok, not brainwashed. I hope he had a damn good reason to abandon his family." Also, he's the last person who should be talking about "leaving the military", the damn deserter. Still, funny how inmates like Grodek or deserters turned pirates like Asemu get better intelligence about the traitors than, say, commanders in chiefs.

Probably cause Veigan future operations are presumed to be on Earth, so they want to keep casualties at a minimum.
And Asemu must have practiced the move woolf used to save him through the years, cause he didn't die doing it.
He screwed up a kill, somehow... (how does that dude get shocked so bad by lightning but still not die?)

And finally we get a decent look at Obright's unit to see that it really is the Genoace 0.
At least he isn't the feeder in the squad.
On that note, Derrick has amazingly funny faces when he feeds.
Abis team needs some action also, don't make them into the Woolf's(Abis) "always has to save the 2 derps" team.

Last edited by Meltyred; 2012-06-03 at 16:12.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 15:52   Link #67
cyberdemon

Quote:

It's actually much more likely for outsiders to find it. They are able to employ the means that are less than legal to find what they want. Means that the military isn't allowed to use. Also because they are separate from the military, they aren't held down by the control that the vegan and vegan supporters have over it to keep others from finding out.
Old 2012-06-03, 16:13   Link #68
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
It's actually much more likely for outsiders to find it. They are able to employ the means that are less than legal to find what they want. Means that the military isn't allowed to use. Also because they are separate from the military, they aren't held down by the control that the vegan and vegan supporters have over it to keep others from finding out.
Meh. Take an obvious question about a ship in the military: "where is it?". A commander only has to ask. A pirate will have to find a well placed leak. It only gets worse from there. (Remember when Flit staged a coup? Due process isn't much of an obstacle in wartime.)

Sure, pirates have more contact from the other side of the law, but it shouldn't offset their disadvantages as outsiders more than once in a blue moon.

Unless military counter-intelligence is really incompetent. Oh, wait...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Probably cause Veigan future operations are presumed to be on Earth, so they want to keep casualties at a minimum.
Colonies are nothing but big, highly vulnerable targets to the Vagans. As they've proved time and again.

The Earth, OTOH, is huge. As long as they don't put their refugees on top of a military base (or, you know, in a campaigning warship, eh, kids?), chances are they'll never see a Vagan again. Unless they actually win the war, but then, colonies won't be safe either.
Old 2012-06-03, 16:21   Link #69
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Super Pilot in dark hound was great. Though i still have no idea what he's thinking. Wonder what the message he sent was. So now that Flit and Kio know i wonder what they'll do. I don't care what his plan is, but leaving Romary and and a baby Kio to do some pirating is worse than Flit missing the wedding.
Old 2012-06-03, 17:02   Link #70
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Also, he's the last person who should be talking about "leaving the military", the damn deserter.
I don't think that was what they were aiming for. I think Asem was referencing that with Flit no longer in the military he no longer has nearly as much control, so Asem doesn't know how much command Flit has over the ship. He's not mistaken to think that way, either; look at how they treated his demand to get the Diva launched back during the invasion's start.

The skirmish showed Asem that the Diva's crew DOES listen to Flit, which seems to have put his mind at ease.

Quote:
Quote:
Colonies are nothing but big, highly vulnerable targets to the Vagans. As they've proved time and again.

The Earth, OTOH, is huge. As long as they don't put their refugees on top of a military base (or, you know, in a campaigning warship, eh, kids?), chances are they'll never see a Vagan again. Unless they actually win the war, but then, colonies won't be safe either.
Well, as we know right now, the Vagans have control of 40% of the planet's surface, and we saw during the initial battles that they're using colonization tactics; freely attacking civilians. Earth is no longer a safe place for a Federation citizen to be. On top of that, evacuating cities into other cities will cause plenty of logistic problems, putting strain on supplies. And if these cities get attacked by the Vagans, then it's going to ensure an even higher body count among civilians.

It's smarter to get those people up into space. Presumably, with the Vagans now attacking Earth directly, colonies are no longer real targets for the Vagans, especially those that aren't as close to the Earth itself. As such it's presumably safer for Earth citizens to gather there instead.

As for the children's continued presence aboard the Diva, very likely it's that at the time the military was in complete disarray and by then could not safely evacuate the children. Now that the Diva's in space, they can simply drop off the children so they can be evacuated properly when they make a stop at the Luna base. Not ideal but they're kind of stuck with it.

At this point, I'm more worried about someone pulling an Yzak if they do get around to actually evacuating the children from the Diva.
Old 2012-06-03, 17:08   Link #71
Dark Wing

Conspiracy Time!

- EF suddenly researches AGE Device on the Moon

- EF suddenly wants Gundams under control of their ace pilot who is on the Moon

- EF suddenly evacuates people from Kio's city near the Moon

- EF still is partially in Vagan's pocket

We are in some serious stuff here...Now we know how the Vagan Gundam going to come about.
Old 2012-06-03, 17:17   Link #72
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post

Well, as we know right now, the Vagans have control of 40% of the planet's surface, and we saw during the initial battles that they're using colonization tactics; freely attacking civilians. Earth is no longer a safe place for a Federation citizen to be. On top of that, evacuating cities into other cities will cause plenty of logistic problems, putting strain on supplies. And if these cities get attacked by the Vagans, then it's going to ensure an even higher body count among civilians.

It's smarter to get those people up into space. Presumably, with the Vagans now attacking Earth directly, colonies are no longer real targets for the Vagans, especially those that aren't as close to the Earth itself. As such it's presumably safer for Earth citizens to gather there instead.
A colony's a city IN SPACE. Whatever logistic problem you've got on Earth, it is much, much worse. Food and water's an obvious one. Air isn't even one on Earth, but in space, it's a huge one. And transport: instead of a few trucks, you need god knows how many spaceships. Remember when they said they had to "make a diversion" so Diva could take off? So what, Vagans suddenly became nice about civilian transport?

Quote:
As for the children's continued presence aboard the Diva, very likely it's that at the time the military was in complete disarray and by then could not safely evacuate the children. Now that the Diva's in space, they can simply drop off the children so they can be evacuated properly when they make a stop at the Luna base. Not ideal but they're kind of stuck with it.
There is no way the only refugee camps are in space. There shouldn't be any up there in the first place. Just drop the kids with other war orphans and sort them out later. I'm sure they have clerks for that sort of things, instead of freaking warship crews.
Old 2012-06-03, 19:07   Link #73
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Conspiracy Time!

- EF suddenly researches AGE Device on the Moon

- EF suddenly wants Gundams under control of their ace pilot who is on the Moon

- EF suddenly evacuates people from Kio's city near the Moon

- EF still is partially in Vagan's pocket

We are in some serious stuff here...Now we know how the Vagan Gundam going to come about.
Interesting. If the Vagan Gundam is actually a product of the AGE system, then the Asunos are pretty much screwed.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 19:23   Link #74
Nvis
Where are the good animes

AGE-1 Flat Type was onboard the Diva, but they didn't show it!!!!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 20:01   Link #75
kiak666

I don't know why but I'm actually digging Asemu aka Captain Ash's new hairstyle. And who would've thought that the Dark Hound's chest can act as a flash bang?

And Fram actually has an older brother who gave up his life for Zeheart? The only named character who fits that criteria is Dole Frost, so that would make Fram to be in her late thirties/early forties (assuming that the two are indeed siblings and has a huge age gap similar to Desil and Zeheart).
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 20:20   Link #76
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Great episode, I love that the plot line of EXA-DB and (probably) Sid are going to make their way into the main story. The Dark Hound was fantastic, and I'm glad that Flit told Kio Ash was his father. No beating around the bush, lets get to the drama right away. Next episode is look great as well, Orbital returns, as does the Ghiraga, and another new Vagan MS.

8/10
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 20:43   Link #77
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
I don't know why but I'm actually digging Asemu aka Captain Ash's new hairstyle. And who would've thought that the Dark Hound's chest can act as a flash bang?

And Fram actually has an older brother who gave up his life for Zeheart? The only named character who fits that criteria is Dole Frost, so that would make Fram to be in her late thirties/early forties (assuming that the two are indeed siblings and has a huge age gap similar to Desil and Zeheart).
They could be in their hundreds and we wouldn't know since sleeping stops their aging.
Old 2012-06-03, 20:47   Link #78
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I welcome the Super Pirate to the series . Have to say Asemu did a great job in this episode and the years have been good to him. Able to move past all the angst and just take charge. Learned a lot from his past to able to pull off the move that got Woolf killed without dying.

Besides that Dark Hound is a pretty solid unit. Has plenty of the good features from the AGE-2 along with some nice tricks. The flash is a great idea and probably picked it up from when he was blinded by a flash during his first space battle with Zeheart. The hook that electrocuted even the enemy pilot was kind of funny, but it worked.

Thought they might carry on without Kio knowing that he fought his father, but I guess being such an awesome X-Rounder made it impossible. I do wonder about the reasons. I can't imagine he went dark for all this time just to hunt down some federation traitors, it's got to be deeper than that.

At this point I do want an Asemu and Zeheart rematch since it'd be pretty entertaining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
At this point, I'm just glad they addressed it.
I'm amazed they even did that .
Old 2012-06-03, 20:54   Link #79
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
They could be in their hundreds and we wouldn't know since sleeping stops their aging.
Yeah, but Dole is officially stated to be 30 years old on the official site and that was during the Asemu arc. So if Fram was indeed his younger sister, she would be much older than she looked, but definitely not over a hundred years old.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 21:11   Link #80
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
Yeah, but Dole is officially stated to be 30 years old on the official site and that was during the Asemu arc. So if Fram was indeed his younger sister, she would be much older than she looked, but definitely not over a hundred years old.
the age might not include the years spent in cold sleep. Since they don't age or think during that time, they aren't growing physically or mentally.

Tags
weekly episode discussion