AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-12, 06:58   Link #681
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

So...Close Quarters makes its grand opening today - well, at least for Premium members, who are granted a two-week headstart.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Will have to read some of the player feedback later and see what new maps they've cooked up. A minute concern, though: I wonder how much more workload does the HD destruction feature impose on the CPU/GPU - especially if your rig isn't fully game-oriented (i5-2500, 4Gb RAM, Gt550Ti 1Gb) and you're not exactly open to the idea of buying tougher hardware for this...

Oh, well, one can still play around with the video settings (AA, etc.)...and I guess having a good Internet connection should be a greater concern.
Old 2012-06-12, 07:21   Link #682
konart

Maps are awesome, though I feel sooo damn lost on Scrapmetal, no matter how long I play

As for the hardware, I had AMD Phenom II x4 925, 8Gb RAM and GTX560 Ti 1Gb - can't see any difference in workload. Anyway - I don't understand all this HD Destruction either. It's the same destruction. The difference is that most object are made of materials that can be penetrated easily.
Old 2012-06-12, 18:42   Link #683
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I really dislike how IN YOUR FACE the premium premise is right now especially for someone like me who has very little interest in buying it.

Do we REALLY need to know that we where killed by a "premium player" in game and does the games main menu REALLY need a new "premium" tap on it in giant orange letters.

On top of that I'm forced to download a 2.8GB update (that undoubtedly includes one of the expansions) weather I like it or not.

Thanks Dice/EA =/
Sorry to burst your bubble but the 2.8GB patch was just that, a patch. 2.8GB worth of hotfixes . We Premium players had to download 2.5GB CQ patch today if we wanted to play the game.

Also even if it didn't say that in game you would know it based on their dogtags (if they chose to use them). And does the Premium text in battlelog bother you THAT much .

I didn't have interest in buying Premium either ; For the hefty 49.99€ cost with EA's '' Every currency is of equal value '' so US players get it for 49.99USD that is hardly 49.99€ -_-. But, I was able to buy it through a proxy for a mere 22€ (28USD-ish). If anyone is planning to buy one or more of the expansion packs later on there's no point to -not- get Premium.

As for Close Quarters .. it sucks. The maps are confusing and random. The Tower map was okay but CQ is not what I expected it to be, at all. Conquest Domination is ridiculously stupid mode where you win almost based on luck considering that you can capture a flag in like 3 seconds .. Well, good way to rack up points that's for sure but meh. It's also not helping that almost every fucking enemy uses a shotgun or otherwise strong weapon, and literally SITS IN A CORNER For almost the whole round .. Which means essentially that when you spawn and run out of the room, chances are you'll die within 5 seconds of spawning because of these camping ***holes.

I like TDM and SQDM a lot, but I still found these maps stupid for them.. Grand Bazaar will be the SQDM map always for me .. Until new DLC's at least.
Old 2012-06-12, 20:11   Link #684
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I'm on an Xbox 360 and it wasn't just a patch I downloaded days back it WAS the CQ pack content since today at whatever time it was simply "unlocked" and the content was instantly available to those who bought premium without having to download anything else.

On the xbox the BF3 main menu is now dominated by a large PREMIUM tab in bright orange text along with the in-game tabs so yes all the in your face premium stuff does "bother" me or rather irritate as I already bought and payed for a product and don't really like the idea of now being constantly reminded that I could get more if I payed extra especially every time I get killed in game.

Yeah dogtags probably would give away if a player is premium but it would be a hell of a lot more subtle than a glaringly obnoxious tab sprawled across the screen.

Anyway after playing the new maps on my brothers account I can at least agree that they are confusing and disjointed especially scrap metal which is quite complex with its multiple levels so you end up taking fire from every conceivable direction.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 10:10   Link #685
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Well, CQ is so dangerously fast-paced it's practically just run-and-gun through endless corridors, stairs and small plazas with papers, plaster and wood chips flying all around you. The thing is, some of the maps (haven't played all of them yet due to restricted timetable) are so narrowly packed together it's practically impossible to safely pause and do the trademark Battlefield teamwork thing (revives, med/ammo packs), because everyone's running around and slowing down -even to a stop- is like painting a bull's-eye on your own head. I once had to huddle in a corner while hugging my own med pack (my health was running dangerously low) and I was practically praying that no enemy would come running like a bat out of hell and give me a titanium-tipped greeting to the frontal lobe (thankfully, no one did and I safely went back into the fray...only to die fifteen seconds later). Yeah, very fast-paced and very different from the wide terrains we previously benefited from (even Metro felt comfortably larger than, say, Donya Fortress).

And, yeah, indeed...campers. -_-
I got killed half a dozen times today by static players who didn't seem like they were busy securing/capturing flags. Very annoying, but then again they were probably too scared to jump into the whirling inferno of lead and gunpowder like a real 'mano.

Oh, is it just me or do the maps load kinda faster than before? Or is that just due to the Premium-only limitation?
Old 2012-06-14, 06:30   Link #686
konart

Old 2012-06-14, 11:37   Link #687
konart

To some funny man who was so kind to put a "-" in my reputation:

Quote:
So what should I be seeing here .. the fact that you're cheating? Or if you're just THAT good, at least you're glitch abusing with an underslung smoke and then showing off with it -_-
This is not my video. Here is the original thread on battlelog: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4348068270605/

And he is not cheating anyway, lol. This is just what CQ 64 looks like. (+ mario sounds, yeah)

Answering your question(sort of): you should be laughing here.
Old 2012-06-14, 13:38   Link #688
Jaden

CQ is cool, it's like I have Call of Duty in my Battlefield. Now gimme the real Battlefield expansions.
Old 2012-06-14, 14:02   Link #689
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
I'm digging the showcase of pew pew.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 15:12   Link #690
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

ROFL.

I've been playing nothing but Close Quarters maps since the DLC came out, so much that I lost my touch with the other maps, like Metro. Seems like I got a lil' too used to those narrow corridors, stairs and small rooms and practically forgot what it was to be sniped by an enemy camping right across the street. Gee, I should alternate a bit...
-_-;

Anyway, CQ is still near-epileptic action with people whirling around like a bunch of gay piranhas (if you don't catch the reference, go look for "Sarah Palin vs Lady Gaga" on YouTube) to the point that teamwork is near-absent, except when people decide to adhere to the "safety in numbers" philosophy (the downside being that those aforementioned narrow corridors are virtual slaughterhouses because the players are too close to each other and get gunned down in one go or commit teamkills). And, yeah, it sort of feels like "Modern Warfare on BF3"...and all those YouTube comments about Gun Master being an offshoot of the Black Ops gun competition don't help at all. Anyway, I finally unlocked the AUG A3 (yeah, I'm a lazy, slow player), so I'll be testing that out the next time I decide to play - will see whether it's better than the F2000 (my weapon of choice for the time being).

Oh, and in case you didn't notice, it's the "Double XP Event" this weekend (or what's left of it, anyway), so if you want to get XP points * 2 and reap more benefits), log on now.
Old 2012-06-16, 16:33   Link #691
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Some of you would know Robbaz from his Skyrim videos, but actually Battlefield is where he is best.

Here he enters halfway through a game and proceeds to win the Gun Master.

You guys should check out his other ridiculously awesome videos where he uses sniper shotguns and smoke grenade launchers.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 22:19   Link #692
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Some of you would know Robbaz from his Skyrim videos, but actually Battlefield is where he is best.

Here he enters halfway through a game and proceeds to win the Gun Master.

You guys should check out his other ridiculously awesome videos where he uses sniper shotguns and smoke grenade launchers.
Love Robbaz, am always watching his newest videos. And I definitely agree, he's a beast at Battlefield; always nice to see a popular YouTuber who can actually play games well.

I built myself a sniper shotgun as well, and with C4 alongside it I can always rack up a nice score. For anyone who's wondering, the one he always uses (and I think works the best overall) is the 870MCS shotgun, with the 6x magnification scope and 12G slug rounds and extended magazines. Just stick that sucker together and you've got a shotgun that doubles as a sniper rifle. "Yenious!"
Old 2012-06-20, 09:43   Link #693
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

It looks like DICE severely NERFed the explosives on Close Quarters - there was this one 48p game on Ziba tower that had droves of engineers flinging RPGs and SMAWs at each other from either building wing (I must nevertheless confess to being part of the lot, as I was trying to unlock the Remington ACR) and no matter how close those warheads landed next to their intended targets, the explosive damage (I'm not talking about the décor, btw, but the effects on targeted players) appeared to be much more subdued. I then switched to a 64p Metro conquest game, where it was absolute RPG/M320/M67 mayhem in the ticket hall and, surprisingly, I started racking kills with the RPG/SMAW. You could feel quite the difference between basic game and CQ.

Also, the latest gameplay trend is becoming quite annoying: dropping C4 packs on objectives and waiting for flag attackers to trundle forward like sheep to the slaughterhouse (though, once again, I must make my mea culpa: until recently, I was part of those filthy sinners, too, because I'm dreadfully unaccustomed to this -I favor a different kind of gameplay- and wanted it out of the way ASAP). Granted, people should not go raging around about it and should instead blame themselves for being too oblivious to their surroundings (not to mention, again, that I can't complain since I did the same thing for two hours at least), but it's happened so frequently lately -to me- that it's becoming seriously aggravating. You can easily tell those are guys like me who were trying to unlock the LSAT (which apparently is the recipient of mixed feelings - it has good precision, can be swung about with little effort...but has a tragically low rate of fire). Anyway, I'm practically reluctant to capture flags in open plazas from which I could be spied on from afar, unless I have companions/squad mates who can revive me in case the C4 scenario plays again.

Aside from that, I've suffered from a severe bout of bad luck these past couple of days: I either keep respawning right in front of an enemy party/respawning opponent or I systematically run into campers straddling room corners and other pieces of furniture, waiting for guys like me to fill their crosshairs.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2012-06-20 at 10:19.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 07:54   Link #694
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I quite enjoy CQ.

I'm one of those shotgun whores on Fortress and Ziba Tower but I'm running the AN-94 on Scrapmetal and 925, trying to get my mastery dog tag for it.

The SPAS-12 is ridiculously overpowered with flechette ammunition. I can't count the number of times now that I've outshot blokes with assault rifles with my SPAS over a decent distance.

I find if you get bogged down you're as good as dead in CQ; just keep moving. My tried and tested tactic is that if you don't see any enemy to your front for ten seconds, turn around!!

So far thanks to CQ I've polished off the 1911 (120 kills in one session just using it as a BACKUP!), USAS-12, FAMAS, M4A1 and M27 IAR.

Should finish the M870 CS, AN-94 and AK-74M tomorrow night. Then I'll work on the SPAS and SCAR-L. But I can't find another handgun I like as much as the 1911. I might just keep using it. Nothing else does enough damage per round that fires fast.

I liked the 44 Mag until the enemies are right in my face. The M9 and MP-443 are good but their damage is so piss poor. It takes five to six hits at times to drop someone in desperation whereas the 1911 was good for three rounds in the chest or a good close range headshot.

And don't get me started on the G17, that thing recoils like a mongrel and the G18 does so little damage per hit you need to be point blank for it to kill.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 08:39   Link #695
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

People who bought CQ with premium, is it worth it to buy? Because i've got b2k and really imo, I found the normal guns better. Save the L58A2
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 21:43   Link #696
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I have found CQ to be kind of fun. I got the Premium pack myself, I'm still a little iffy on it but it does grant you access to 5 upcoming DLC (well 4, since most would already have B2K srsly should get a discount for that, stupid EA) which are supposedly $15 each... plus some other extra crap I can't remember. So if you look at it that way it's a reasonably decent deal, you just need to consider it an 'investment'.

Best Premium bonuses eva IMO!
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-06-23, 04:27   Link #697
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Premium is indeed interesting for people who want to buy more than one of the upcoming DLCs, including the already-released Back to Karkand (BTW, I wonder whether Aftermath will be a SP expansion or if there will be an additional MP pack with extended hand-to-hand combat techniques or whatever; End Game reportedly takes place in the jungle but does feature tandem motorcycles for fast action).

It's a buy-it-once-and-receive-the-entire-stuff-progressively offer, with unique privileges such as two-week headstarts (the one for CQ is winding down, I wonder whether there'll be a player surge in the next couple of days) and exclusive stuff such as double XP events (there is another one this weekend, btw - looks like last week's was really popular). Aside from that, you just get new black-and-gold dog tags (unlocked through five new assignments), weapon/player camouflage patterns, developer videos (sneak peeks for the upcoming DLCs, gameplay tips, etc), strategy guides and "bonus content drops" (not sure what this is yet). You are also granted a one-time reset of your Win/Loss or Kill/Deaths counters to...make your stats shine better (thought it's almost cheating to me).

You additionally unlock the (fictional) ACB-90 knife, but it's just a cosmetic replacement for the default Ka-bar bowie knife. AFAIK, it isn't any deadlier than the weapon it's supposed to replace, it's just showier due to the orange handle.

And...you are also granted fast-tracking for server queues. Even if it does sound unfair for non-Premium members, the nickel you doled out secures you a place at the top of the player entry priority list. Just think of it as cutting queues when trying to get into a nightclub - yeah, sounds and looks unfair, but don't complain about it.

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/premium

So, if you want to acquire all five expansion packs (B2K, CQ, Armored Kill, Aftermath and End Game) at, what? $49.99 instead of $74.95 (assuming each pack costs an average of $14.99 and you want to buy all five of them separately), it's a bargain. Heck, even if you already have B2K, four packs amounts to $59.96 (VAT included, I think) total. So, you can save at least ten dollars...and more if you have promo codes/coupons/whatever.

But in the end it's all up to you - if you only want to download one or two of the upcoming packs (CQ included) because you don't like the sound of Aftermath, eschew Armored Kill's tank warfare or dread CQ's don't-stop-running-and-gunning-or-you'll-die mayhem, it might be smarter to buy the packs you're interested in separately instead of ordering the entire Premium pack.
Old 2012-06-23, 19:50   Link #698
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
^Correction. The double EXP weekend last week was for all players. The double EXP this weekend is the scheduled monthly event for Premium users.
Old 2012-07-17, 14:37   Link #699
konart

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4

no comment
Old 2012-07-17, 17:13   Link #700
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Well, it only says that buying MoH: Warfighter would give access to the beta. It doesn't mean the darn thing'll show up next year or so (though EA will probably be pressuring DICE into rolling it out ASAP). BF3 still has three DLCs to deliver to the BF3 player base, so this might be a lil' premature...