AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2011-02-26, 07:23   Link #21
PowerManga

Anime Soccer 70's and 80's and nowadays?

Hello!

I know a lot of Anime about soccer of the 70's and 80's... (captain Tsubasa...)

but almost none of nowadays.

could you please suggest some?
thanks.
Old 2011-02-28, 02:12   Link #22
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Giant Killing is the latest football anime. Very good story with an interesting perspective as well.. While most other series runs on a main character as he struggles through out the series, GK takes the perspective of the club itself as it tries to climb the league. The focus was never about one player, rather, we gets to look from the manager (and his staffs to even club secretary), old guards of the club (senior players who stick to club through their dark period), newbie players making their mark in the game, even the fans (good and bad) and the reporters covering the club's stories.

Highly advisable.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 17:55   Link #23
Dorsai

Giant Killing is only good if sb know nothing about football ;p

There are not even one good, realistic football anime ;p Only some mangas, like Area no Kishi...
Whistle nad GK are average, but nothing more... Rest are poor and even worse...
Dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 18:31   Link #24
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

I'm personally a fan of real life football and there hasn't been any football show that tried to keep it realistic that's pleased me. However, if you're simply looking for some fun football show to watch, more along those shounen-ish sports with completely irrealistic plays, I'd recommend Captain Tsubasa J. There have been a lot of diferent versions of Tsubasa, but I still think very fondly of J since it had what I consider the best pacing of all of the Tsubasa series and also looked rather good (for its time and the sort of show it is). Another one you could check out is Hungry Heart, which although lacks the charisma of Tsubasa characters also portrayed some entertaining matches.

Overall though, I think anime still has to be blessed with that football show which 9 out of 10 viewers will agree as being "awesome, must watch". I guess football as sport just doesn't work as well animated as, say, baseball, because the latter was present in some of my favourite shows of all time. And much of that is thanks to Mitsuru Adachi, but that's a whole different story, haha.
Old 2011-04-30, 09:14   Link #25
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I really like the character designs and the more seinen feel of Giant Killing, is it it action packed aswell (which would put it over the top for me)?
Old 2011-04-30, 09:46   Link #26
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I really like the character designs and the more seinen feel of Giant Killing, is it it action packed aswell (which would put it over the top for me)?
Do you mean if there are a lot of football matches or not? Well, there are some interesting matches, but keep in mind that in Giant Killing there's also a lot of psychology. Psychology of a coach, of a player, of a team during a match... when in front of certain situations. We even see the point of view of supporters and reporters. Can't really say much more without being spoilerific.

I enjoyed this anime though, especially in the second half, and overall I would recommend it (by the way, like everyone else I was/am a huge fan of Captain Tsubasa).
Old 2011-04-30, 15:40   Link #27
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^No, in general I'm a fan of psychological anime in whatever form, I'm simply asking is there a good deal of action aswelll? When I say action I obviously mean match-play but I also mean artistic expression like in a DeathNote or Kaiji where the normal actions of a character are over-exaggerated (personified) and made into cool action by virtue of expressionism...The character designs and templates for the show seem to suggest it would make for cool expressed action...Just wondering if it has a nice dose of this....

Oh and hows it hanging Pellissier^^, still in the avy//siggy game I see...I still have tons of stuff you made for me in PM, maybe I can squeeze another drip out of you ...
Old 2011-05-01, 00:01   Link #28
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Over exaggerated action? Not really TBH, GK main selling point is the story's PoV as I stated above. If you expecting super player action.. you would be dissappointed. Determined player, yes.. but within believable limit.

And the author really have a firm grip on what really happening in on and off the field, the tactical aspect, mentality aspect.. I remember when it was airing back then to watch the episode raw and deduced what he actually be doing from everything it shown on the episode and being correct 90% of the time (soemtimes takes about 2 or 3 episodes to see I'm right tho)

If you have a basic understanding of the game, its very enjoyable. If you dont know anything tho, GK will not be able to pull you in, like say, Slam Dunk pulling peoples into basketball or Hikaru no Go pulling people into go. It has a concentrated niche, and not meant for everyone.. a blessing and curse if I may say so.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 01:15   Link #29
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^You had me at Slam Dunk!

Maybe not what i was looking for, but it might be now...
Old 2011-05-01, 02:52   Link #30
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
When I say action I obviously mean match-play but I also mean artistic expression like in a DeathNote or Kaiji where the normal actions of a character are over-exaggerated (personified) and made into cool action by virtue of expressionism...The character designs and templates for the show seem to suggest it would make for cool expressed action...Just wondering if it has a nice dose of this...
KiNA already summed it up well, I can only confirm that Giant Killing is very down to earth in its expression and execution, so don't expect anything exaggerately flashy or standing out from it.

Quote:
Maybe not what i was looking for, but it might be now...
Well, you may start it and see if you like it... keeping in mind that the best of this series is definitely in the second half though.
Old 2011-06-03, 23:31   Link #31
jdragon4

Talking soccer anime i forgot the name of

its set in like a futuristic setting and soccer is big for everyone and when they play they have like special auras depending on where there from the main characters i think uncle played in like thier version of a world cup and there was an avalanche for some unknown reason and i remember he and his friends form a team and their goalkeeper would fall asleep but could still get the ball and when they had the aura around them they could do real cool tricks the main character and his friends had blue aura
jdragon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 23:48   Link #32
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

What? Best Soccer Anime subject and no one mentioning Inazuma Eleven? The Most Rationale Soccer Anime Ever?
Old 2011-08-29, 12:53   Link #33
thefall5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdragon4 View Post
its set in like a futuristic setting and soccer is big for everyone and when they play they have like special auras depending on where there from the main characters i think uncle played in like thier version of a world cup and there was an avalanche for some unknown reason and i remember he and his friends form a team and their goalkeeper would fall asleep but could still get the ball and when they had the aura around them they could do real cool tricks the main character and his friends had blue aura
I'm almost 100% sure that it Galactic Football is.
thefall5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 14:45   Link #34
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtpstl68 View Post
There wont be much info to go by but i figure i would ask here..

when i was real young in 1990s i use to watch this anime in south korea ...

about a kid who had special soccer powers, one thing i could recall was that he had some special kick where he kicks the ball and the power of the kick and the ball becomes a dragon-like entity that nobody could stop..... yeah .....its a long shot
Quote:
Originally Posted by nochgo
There was this one other soccer anime I watched as a kid; I think it was a little before Iron Leaguer.. but can't seem to find it. I know it's not Captain Tsubasa as I looked at its screen shots.. if I remember correctly, it was something about saving a kindgom or the world by playing soccor or something... and I remember there were also non humans playing the soccer too, like lizard man or something... Hmmm can't seem to find it. Maybe it was a korean anime...
I think both of you refer to Dragon League. It's a Japanese anime as far as I can remember. The main character is a boy named Tokyo/Tokio who inherit his father's awesome dragon kick but the boy renamed it to... (you guessed it) Tokyo/Tokio Kick, in his own selfish way . The setting was in a fantastical land with talking animals and dinosaurs (those animals are playing too, btw). There is also a princess in his team who had to hide not only her noble identity but also her sex/gender (being in a male soccer team and all) by wearing a mask, Char style! The final test that they must overcome is that they have to beat a soccer team that consist of holy dragons (yes, those DRAGONS are PLAYING SOCCER, you got to see it to believe it ) to save their land from destruction by seven giant dragons! Thank god Tokio has his 'Rozan Soryuha' (Saint Seiya reference here) Kick which is the only kick that has any chance of defeating the holy-dragon goal-keeper. For those who's curious, check it out!
Old 2011-10-04, 10:10   Link #35
gencbiba

Seems like my thread got a lot of views for some reason...

Truth is, there is no good soccer anime out at the moment. That's why I started reading manga. So if you're looking for soccer related stuff, I'd suggest checking out manga. If you've never read manga, you should start to now.

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 09:52   Link #36
Keane

Hi, speaking of soccer anime/cartoons when i was a kid i think 10 or 15 years ago i saw this cartoon or anime that i cannot remember except for a few things i hope you can help me find it.
First in the intro and the anime had a stadium the manager i think it was a girl or something like that other than that i can't even remember the main character or a match, all i can remember it was that the intro of the anime had that stadium as a 'sign' before the anime began like <intro> <wallpaper with the stadium> <anime/cartoon><ending>.
I also think it had more than 26 eps, it had a strange name, it was aired in my country,Romania, but i can't remember the channel.
I remember liking it a lot. Captain Tsubasa looks too old as an anime compared to the one i'm looking for. I wish i could find it somewhere.

Also i don't remember if it's cartoon or anime but i think it's a cartoon.

this feels so sad i can't remember more ... there used to be nice cartoons like Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table in the future , i believe it was mecha but it was well made. hope someone remembers what i'm lookin for .
Keane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 08:05   Link #37
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

i have watch this on local tv here in the philippines its title is Offside -> http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...anime&aid=2416
its one of my favorite soccer anime
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 10:05   Link #38
thefall5

There is a now a anime of Area no Kishi. I really like it. If you want a bit if realistic anime, go watch it! (A soccer anime is never 100% realistic, but for as far as I have seen, it is close.)
thefall5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 12:42   Link #39
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Since this was topped anyway, I highly recommend Ginga e Kickoff - very underrated. Realistic soccer, very energetic and well made.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 06:52   Link #40
sukurasilence33

aio

have you guys never heard of 'the knight in the area' best soccer anime eva
although if you like basketball then i think you will really like kurokos basketball
this stuff is really cool
sukurasilence33 is offline   Reply With Quote