AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-03-25, 06:08   Link #21
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

i hope its not as mediocre as Blood+ although the music of Blood+ are all favorites of mine,
its always good to see CLAMP character designs
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 07:24   Link #22
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

What's stopping this from being a sequel with Diva's daughter(s)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmox View Post
i hope its not as mediocre as Blood+ although the music of Blood+ are all favorites of mine,
its always good to see CLAMP character designs
Mark Mancina's works on Blood+, though repetitive on some tunes, are one of the greater things in Blood+. :3

Though, I'm not hopeful that Mark Mancina will return to be the composer of the Blood-C.Please do please do please do please do please do please do.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 07:26   Link #23
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

It's Aniplex to distribute Blood-C ?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 11:11   Link #24
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'd absolutely love the return of Mark Mancina, though at the same time i'd be fine with someone else working on the score.
Old 2011-03-25, 12:02   Link #25
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://www.blood-c.jp/

The site is up. Not much info.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 21:45   Link #26
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

More Blood is all ways a good thing and it going to be from Clamp its going to be a must watch for me
Old 2011-03-25, 22:44   Link #27
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I guess one could expect this to be a spin-off from Blood+, which the fact that there's no Haji in the first promo piece. Then again he could be added at a later date, though it would be silly to just leave him out now if he is apart of the new project.
Blood+ was a bit of a mixed bag for me.

Nevertheless, I am still quite interested in watching this.
Old 2011-03-25, 23:43   Link #28
Destinyblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
It's Aniplex to distribute Blood-C ?
Aniplex has been involved in all of the previous Blood animated incarnations, including The Last Vampire movie (as SPE Visual Works) and the Blood+ TV Series. And Sony seems to have taken over the anime market; they have their fingerprints on a ton of anime these days. So the chances are very high, if not certain, that they will be in on this one too.

It would be neat to see Mark Mancina return to do anime, but I get the feeling that Aniplex got him and Hans Zimmer because of how popular Blood+'s timeslot was back then. With the craze that Gundam SEED and Fullmetal Alchemist created, I'm sure Aniplex felt like they could take spend a little more money and get some top notch composers for Blood+.

Speaking of Aniplex, it'd be interesting to know what exactly the difference is between Sony Music Entertainment and Aniplex as far as credits go. For instance, on Noitamina, Tatami Galaxy has Sony Music Entertainment listed as part of the Production Committee, but Shiki has Aniplex on its credits instead. What's the difference? DVD distribution rights? Or is there more to it?

Last edited by Destinyblade; 2011-03-26 at 00:04.
Destinyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 02:23   Link #29
brocko

So it's actually confirmed this is related to the Blood series?

Also havn't I.G and Clamp kinda collaborated before on xxxHolic anyway? It was more of an adapter and original creator type thing but still

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 02:54   Link #30
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinyblade View Post
Aniplex has been involved in all of the previous Blood animated incarnations, including The Last Vampire movie (as SPE Visual Works) and the Blood+ TV Series. And Sony seems to have taken over the anime market; they have their fingerprints on a ton of anime these days. So the chances are very high, if not certain, that they will be in on this one too.

It would be neat to see Mark Mancina return to do anime, but I get the feeling that Aniplex got him and Hans Zimmer because of how popular Blood+'s timeslot was back then. With the craze that Gundam SEED and Fullmetal Alchemist created, I'm sure Aniplex felt like they could take spend a little more money and get some top notch composers for Blood+.

Speaking of Aniplex, it'd be interesting to know what exactly the difference is between Sony Music Entertainment and Aniplex as far as credits go. For instance, on Noitamina, Tatami Galaxy has Sony Music Entertainment listed as part of the Production Committee, but Shiki has Aniplex on its credits instead. What's the difference? DVD distribution rights? Or is there more to it?
No, I'm talking that Aniplex has owned Blood C on its official website.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 03:39   Link #31
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
So it's actually confirmed this is related to the Blood series?
Well it hasn't been confirmed that it's apart of the Blood franchise, though connect A) the name B) the character who looks like Saya and C) It's Production IG.

So it's pretty safe to say that this is going to be apart of the Blood franchise.

Quote:
Also havn't I.G and Clamp kinda collaborated before on xxxHolic anyway? It was more of an adapter and original creator type thing but still
Production IG animated the xxHolic adaptation.
Old 2011-03-26, 09:33   Link #32
duckroll
綺羅星★!

The character depicted is Saya. It says so in the blurb. Not that it really means much when we're talking about the Blood franchise... lol.
Old 2011-03-27, 04:49   Link #33
brocko

I'm aware of all the obvious signs but i still think it's a little premature to say it with utmost confidence yet and doing so would be rumour mongering at best at the moment.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2011-03-27, 04:57   Link #34
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I'm aware of all the obvious signs but i still think it's a little premature to say it with utmost confidence yet and doing so would be rumour mongering at best at the moment.
Are you just ignoring all the obvious signs for the fun of it?

I mean look at it this way.

-New project is titled Blood-C
-Both the female lead look the same
-They're both named Saya
-Both by Production IG

Now do you really think it won't have anything to do with the Blood franchise? Sure it hasn't been announced, though when you have such obvious connections, it's silly to say they won't be.
Old 2011-03-27, 05:16   Link #35
brocko

I'm not ignoring anything nor am i saying it's not gonna be blood related... -_-

I know there's probably a good chance of it being so because a lot things sure as are hell pointing in that general direction (I'm well aware of the all the signs i assure you, you don't need to point it out to me again lol ). All I'm saying is that it's not 100% yet and until it is we shouldn't be treating it as such. Well atleast i won't be anyway.

Last edited by brocko; 2011-03-27 at 05:45.
Old 2011-03-27, 06:59   Link #36
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
I'm not ignoring anything nor am i saying it's not gonna be blood related... -_-

I know there's probably a good chance of it being so because a lot things sure as are hell pointing in that general direction (I'm well aware of the all the signs i assure you, you don't need to point it out to me again lol ). All I'm saying is that it's not 100% yet and until it is we shouldn't be treating it as such. Well atleast i won't be anyway.
What exactly do you mean? The scan from Shounen Ace makes it very clear that this is a new Blood franchise project. There is no indication of whether it's related directly (in terms of story continuity) to Blood+ and Blood the Last Vampire (the anime movie), but it's definitely a CLAMP take on the franchise.

It is a new project in the Blood franchise featuring the vampire hunter Saya. It is produced by Production IG, and CLAMP is handling the story and the original character designs. Aside from the original animation project launching in July this year. Shounen Ace will also be serializing a manga version of this same story, drawn by Kotone Ranmaru.

None of these facts are rumors, they are what has been officially announced. There have been other Blood spinoffs and side stories which also stood alone and had nothing to do with the original movie. There is even a live action movie. These are all part of the Blood franchise, and so is this upcoming project.
Old 2011-03-27, 07:19   Link #37
brocko

Then say so when i asked earlier and all this mess could've been avoided entirely. Why tell me it's not officially confrimed yet when it was all along?

Old 2011-03-27, 07:24   Link #38
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Then say so when i asked earlier and all this mess could've been avoided entirely. Why tell me it's not officially confrimed yet when it was all along?
Oh, I see the confusion. That was actually what I meant, sorry. What I was saying is that when we're talking about the Blood franchise, just because the main character is always Saya, doesn't mean the stories are connected or will have references to previous stories. Most of the franchise is made up of stand alone stories, so each one always features Saya, but they are usually in their own style depending on what the writer and designers want that particular entry to be.

Sorry for the confusion.
Old 2011-03-27, 07:32   Link #39
brocko

lol it's cool. Everything got sorted out in the end, so it's all good.

I'm not really digging Clamp Saya (if it is Saya) too much at the moment though but i think a lot of it is because I've just grown accustomed to the existing Saya design. If the Clamp designs go well with nature and style of Blood-C then i could end up liking it.

Old 2011-03-27, 07:37   Link #40
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

There's a lot of people that usual have problems with CLAMP designs, so i guess that's to be expected. I'm interested in seeing what kind of story they'll come up, and if they'll reuse any past themes from the Blood franchise.

Tags
action, blood, clamp, miko, production i.g.