AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-19, 11:49   Link #61
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
The only reason Luffy needed to train was because he always picks the hardest path toward his destination, always to the most dangerous island. He might have survived the New World, if he chose his routes more carefully...
Yes, especially when you consider his irresponsible personality, as contrasted with practically every other pirate, like when he punched the tenryubitto. Can you imagine any other supernova or any other non Yonkou pirate doing that? Or antagonizing a shichibukai like he did with Croc?

The Straw Hat crew needs to be stronger than the other supernovas, simply because their personality will ensure that their route is a lot harder and tougher than the route that other supernovas take.
Old 2012-04-19, 13:49   Link #62
marvelB

^Yeah, the fact that PH deviated from all other "standard" starting routes through the NW is proof enough that Luffy and co. will go through a tougher path than most of the other supernovas. And really, aside from the Straw-Hats and Law, we haven't heard anything about the other supernovas outside of Kidd so far, anyway (who was causing some ruckus amongst Big Mama's boys, but it's not like it was revealed to have became an emperor himself or anything).

And going back to Kinemon's power:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i rather liked the tanuki zoan concept better though. according to myth, and as also explained by aohige-san, they can shapeshift and morph stuff. that to me is pretty cool!

Yes, but he also said that foxes share those same types of powers, as well (and considering there's already several manga/anime that feature foxes with such supernatural powers, I definitely agree with him). So yeah, it's looking like Kinemon's a fox-man. And frankly, I have full confidence that Oda's version of a Kyuubi would be a million times more interesting than Kishi's.

And finally, on the subject of the mole within the marines:

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Smoking Man and Conspiracy
Why does Ceasar Clown need permission to kill? Is CC still working with the WG or and unknown entity inside the WG? I wonder if the people CC was contacting are the same people who ordered Moria to be killed because of his weakness and failures? They covered Moria attempted assassination has death in the Marineford War. Now someone trying to kill Straw Hats, G-5 marines, and they are going to cover it up has accident in the seas near by. To me it sounds like the same people who tried to kill Moria. If this is true then it would also explain why someone at G-5 is trying to cover up of the missing children with false reports in the News Papers. I know this much the people CC just contacted are linked to the G-5 conspiracy that Smoker and tashigi just talked about. This Arch could be a lot bigger then usual. If Smoker and Straw hats blow the lid off this conspiracy, it will raise a lot of questions among the higher ranks in the Marines and the WG. This would also be bad publicity for the WG, even if they were not responsible for this conspiracy. To me it sounds like someone inside the WG is operating outside the normal channels. I personally do not think the WG or the Marines knows about this or even authorized it. Smoker is right, this could get out of hand fast.

For the most part, I share your views (especially the section in bold). I can't be sure that the same people who ordered Dofla to kill Moria are also CC's informants, but either way, the fact that there's a mole at all is a huge issue. I mean, who knows what kind of classified info "Joker" has been leaking to Caesar? Frankly, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the mad scientist has finished (or is at least in the midst of) building an ultimate doomsday weapon right now. And considering his DF power and the history of PH, it sounds like he specializes in building chemical weaponry (which in many ways, can be a lot more dangerous than nukes alone). So really, as you (and Smoshigi) so rightfully said, it would be an outright calamity if CC were allowed to do as he pleases (to the point that I'm starting to feel that a 300 million bounty isn't enough for him)......

And as I said in past threads, if there's one NW arc where it would be appropriate for the rest of the post-skip crew to get their bounty hikes, it would definitely be THIS one, considering what's at stake here.
Old 2012-04-20, 00:19   Link #63
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Luffy needed the two years because Ace's death and the separation of the crew made him realise how weak he was.

He was hit so hard by it that he wanted to make sure that he will never lose anyone again.
this is the answer i agree with the most. the straw hat's 2-year-training is not useless, far from it! law and kid can be pretty reckless too, but none of them lost what luffy lost. none of them realized how weak they really were. none of them ever participated in the war of the best and saw how monstrously powerful the marines and other pirates are. if they went through what luffy went through, they would think twice. maybe that's why law chose to become a shichibukai, he's no fool and he knows he would have to deal with the government. becoming a shichibukai would help eliminate the barriers that prevent him from reaching his goals.

Last edited by ronin myael; 2012-04-20 at 00:34.
Old 2012-04-20, 05:45   Link #64
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

I might have missed this if it came up, but isn't anyone wondering what happends with Smoker's DF ability? Does it stick to the body or is it part of the 'soul' that Law transferred?

For Haki it seems more clear cut that it carries over. Not so sure about DF ability.
Old 2012-04-20, 06:42   Link #65
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle View Post
I might have missed this if it came up, but isn't anyone wondering what happends with Smoker's DF ability? Does it stick to the body or is it part of the 'soul' that Law transferred?

For Haki it seems more clear cut that it carries over. Not so sure about DF ability.
a devil fruit alters the body of the one who ate it so the ability remains with the body.
Old 2012-04-20, 09:57   Link #66
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle View Post

It was mentioned earlier. Based on how Chopper's body didn't change back into an ordinary deer, it would appear the DF is tied to the body.
Old 2012-04-20, 13:49   Link #67
marvelB

Yeah, so far it looks like everyone's powers are stuck with their original bodies. I mean, it's not like we saw Smoker activating his ability with Tashigi's body or anything so far, so for the moment I think it's best to assume that switching personalities doesn't mean the abilities are switched, as well....
Old 2012-04-20, 20:30   Link #68
bonsobon

Anyone else disappointed that we didn't get to see the conversation (or is it confrontation?) between Law and CC? It was set up nicely on the last panel of the previous chapter, but this week we get no mention of it whatsoever (and Law is mentioned only in passing as having left the building). I was looking forward to seeing what they had to say to each other concerning recent events, but it was not to be.
Old 2012-04-22, 13:55   Link #69
marvelB

Oh yeah, forgot to mention it before, but the volume 66 cover was revealed a couple days back:

Spoiler:

Very..... pink. that's a funny color scheme for Tamago (but I guess it does match well with Big Mom's candy obsession). But hey, we actually got him and Pekoms in color (along with the new Smoker and Tashigi, even!) It's just too bad that Big Mom herself (or the 3-eyed girl) doesn't appear on there, but oh well. The volume should be released by next week, so expect an SBS update by then.
Old 2012-04-22, 21:05   Link #70
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, so far it looks like everyone's powers are stuck with their original bodies. I mean, it's not like we saw Smoker activating his ability with Tashigi's body or anything so far, so for the moment I think it's best to assume that switching personalities doesn't mean the abilities are switched, as well....
I'm also wondering how fighting ability will be affected. Let's take Sanji in Nami's body as an example, I'm guessing the results will be much like Bon Clay when he fought Sanji using Nami's body... His attacks will be slower, weaker and he will be unable to perform some moves, BUT it will still be really entertaining .
Old 2012-04-22, 21:11   Link #71
paradox13
zzz

Having just watched the recent anime episode, what are the chances that Koala will show up in the current timeline?
Old 2012-04-23, 14:26   Link #72
Jouten

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
The power seems to remain to the body. What I wonder is: What about the control over the power?

Is Franky, who is stuck in Choppers body, able to change between the different forms or not? Or is the control still with Chopper and he can transform his body even while his mind is still stuck in Sanjis body.
I think Franky can transform Chopper's body, but he doesn't know how to do it. Maybe he'll figure out during a fight.
Old 2012-04-23, 15:09   Link #73
marvelB

Actually, upon closer consideration, I think it would be really cool if the body switching actually inspired future power-ups for the Straw-Hats (stronger emphasis on the future part since the crew's post-skip arsenal hasn't been fully revealed yet). Like maybe transferring to Chopper's body might inspire Franky to make additional transformations for his original body, and occupying Franky's body might inspire Nami to come up with a new beam-type attack at a later point (contrary to her refusal to use them in her current body). Yes, despite it mainly being used as a gag, the body switching may result in some interesting changes in some characters' fighting styles once they're back to normal.....
Old 2012-04-23, 15:32   Link #74
gazawraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
I'm also wondering how fighting ability will be affected. Let's take Sanji in Nami's body as an example, I'm guessing the results will be much like Bon Clay when he fought Sanji using Nami's body... His attacks will be slower, weaker and he will be unable to perform some moves, BUT it will still be really entertaining .
I want to see Nami use Franky's moves lol
Old 2012-04-23, 18:08   Link #75
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

hmmm...not really related to the chapter but I just watched the fight and thought about it:

I want Captain Kuro back...as a strong arc villain in the New World. That guy was awesome...

That is all...instead of "X for next nakama" I'll start shouting "Y for new arc villain"
Old 2012-04-23, 18:56   Link #76
paradox13
zzz

When will the new chapter be out this week?
Old 2012-04-23, 19:07   Link #77
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
When will the new chapter be out this week?
Spoilers might be released on Saturday or Sunday, but we probably will not get a new spoiler until next week.
Old 2012-04-24, 09:30   Link #78
marvelB

^Yeah, like I mentioned in the thread's first post, there's a break this week. However, since this is the Golden Week holiday there IS a good chance that we'll get spoilers by this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
hmmm...not really related to the chapter but I just watched the fight and thought about it:

I want Captain Kuro back...as a strong arc villain in the New World. That guy was awesome...

That is all...instead of "X for next nakama" I'll start shouting "Y for new arc villain"

Well, if it's about old villains returning and doing bad stuff again, I can already think of a few candidates (Crocodile, Wapol, Spandam (as the leader of the new generation of CP9), etc.).

As far as East Blue villains go, the only guys I can see returning at this point are Don Krieg's crew (since we haven't seen them since they set out for the GL at the end of the Baratie arc). Though to be honest, I don't really expect much from those guys since I never really cared much about the EB bosses outside of Buggy and Arlong. Well, I actually DID like how Kuro's ultimate scheme was to live a life of comfort (since that reminds me somewhat of the Jojo part 4 villain), but I found the character himself to be dull, as well. And since Jango (the only member of his crew that I liked) became a marine, that pretty much gives me zero reason to care about that lame butler pirate now!

Geez, I went a little too far off topic. Well, now to add in something relevant to the thread: BROWNBEARD FOR NAKAMA!
Old 2012-04-24, 11:00   Link #79
paradox13
zzz

Wapol will definitely be back.. which is kinda sad.
Old 2012-04-24, 11:21   Link #80
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

I fail to understand why Oda created a gas based devil fruit now. Smoke devil fruit was almost doing the same thing. But Im sure he will add such great and unthinkable elements to devil fruit that it will look completely different than other two gas like fruits. I can only hope that there wont be another basic fire/lava like ordinary relationship.

Since he is all about weapons of mass destruction, he may as well be a walking nuclear weapon. Still even if he is, what difference there is than a combined doku poison gas combined with moku moku powers? Cant wait to see what will come out of it.