AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-04-01, 08:45   Link #121
ellifeedn
Thinker

I wonder who the new girl on the 4th cover is and whether the police woman will make another appearance.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 19:52   Link #122
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
After re-reading some chapter to quench my thirst which is caused not by walking in the desert for many hours but by the lack of any updates, I managed to conclude that this author is seriously brilliant. I don't understand why all these shounen series is getting rapid releases and my favorite series is not but I shall keep the ranting to myself. I also noticed that the later releases of Franken Fran is ending in a softer tone where as in the earlier releases, a morally good character is not guaranteed a good end.
Old 2010-04-03, 00:46   Link #123
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Chapter 2 is still the most messed up IMO. Maybe because it was so early in the series and I wasnt use to it yet, but it seriously made my skin crawl. And that was the very definition of a "bad end".
Old 2010-04-04, 23:22   Link #124
ellifeedn
Thinker

This new chapter; I don't know whether to be (emotionally) touched or creeped out.
Old 2010-04-04, 23:25   Link #125
Sol Falling

27:

lol, christ, that chapter was brutal. Can't believe the girl died, and then they just start it all up again. Also, the opening bits, with Runa sitting knee deep in the guts of her poor 'Pudding', were simply glorious. That sort of defilement calls out the rare guro-appreciater lurking in me.

Glad I understood the 'Hachiko' reference, though I don't really know if that means I'm getting more exposed to Japanese culture or that Japanese artists just like to repeatedly reference the same damn things. (Google it? :P Or play 'The World Ends With You') Anyway, Pudding's 'revived' form was pretty disgusting--but man the girls in this manga are pretty cute. "Macaroni--!" at the end threw in just enough humour to make me feel like a bastard over Runa's death.

edit:

ellifeedn: well, I'm pretty sure the end is supposed to be humourous. The whole dog waiting for its master thing is actually a parody of an actual story with a real dog named 'Hachiko', who even got a statue put up over in Tokyo. The story is basically the same; the dog waited every day at a station for its master to return, and it eventually became a symbol of loyalty for the Japanese people. After it died they put up a statue of it; Franken Fran's version is basically the same except the dog this time is a creepy fat man. Yeah it still manages to be disgusting, but I think what the author was going for this time was humour.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 23:40   Link #126
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

@c27: It's a mixed information of grief, funny and scary in the same time...

"Madness, this is madness!!"
Old 2010-04-05, 00:10   Link #127
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
lol the last couple of chapters have definitely been ingenious. this chapter's more creepy though, I was worried for a moment that her 'dog' would jump her...

emotionally disturbing.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 00:11   Link #128
Wrath88
Kissing...

The moment I saw 'girl ***-ed', my mind automatically connected the dots to Hachiko. Kind of funny in a weird way overall.
Old 2010-04-05, 06:48   Link #129
Soconfused
Old God Member

*reads chapter* Wow....
Old 2010-04-05, 21:01   Link #130
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
Chapter 2 is still the most messed up IMO. Maybe because it was so early in the series and I wasnt use to it yet, but it seriously made my skin crawl. And that was the very definition of a "bad end".
It's one of the most fucked-up end I've ever witnessed in a novel. I don't mind bad ends, but I do mind ending in a bad way.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 21:40   Link #131
Mizuno
Undefined

That's one hard simulation game to beat. The guy picked all the right options (supposedly) and still met his bad end.
Old 2010-04-05, 21:46   Link #132
ellifeedn
Thinker

Which goes to show that when dealing with Fran (if she's the absolute last hope you have), keep at least three things on mind: 1) do not ask her to bring anything back from the dead; 2) do not involve her with any sort of animal; 3) do not borrow organs from her.
Old 2010-04-05, 22:16   Link #133
FateAnomaly

Never approach her even if she is the last hope you have if she says she has insufficient materials. It never went well.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 23:49   Link #134
Soconfused
Old God Member

28 is out. Was an okay chapter. Didn't really lead anywhere though.
Old 2010-04-08, 00:13   Link #135
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I wonder who the new girl on the 4th cover is and whether the police woman will make another appearance.
Well, look who showed up in Chapter 28... our favorite glasses-wearing, surgically-altered policewoman.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 00:24   Link #136
Mizuno
Undefined

Sure wasn't expecting 'luckiest man' to mean that. Fran almost made a big mistake due to her curiosity though.
Old 2010-04-08, 00:57   Link #137
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

ah, " He looks like he's having a good dream...perhaps he's dreaming of killing childrens...?", good ol' franken fran ~
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 01:34   Link #138
FateAnomaly

Heh, the policewoman still havn't gotten over the traumatic experiences with Fran.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 03:52   Link #139
Mizuno
Undefined

I don't think anyone could. She's lucky she's in one piece after being acquainted with her.
Old 2010-04-08, 07:48   Link #140
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
I don't think anyone could. She's lucky she's in one piece after being acquainted with her.
We don't even know if she the original piece though
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, shounen