AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-13, 15:20   Link #1
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Onidere

Summary:
Tadashi is in his second year of junior high school and is a member of the handicraft club and loves nothing more than knitting. Unfortunately he's in a secret relationship with Saya, the member of a notorious all-girl gang, who says she will kill him and herself if anyone ever finds out about it.

This seires has art that is an acquired taste IMO but if you can look past it, its very cute at times.
My fav character is Saki-chan, she's way too cute!

I can't really think of a word to sum this up cause its different in that we get to see the stuff during a relationship rather than before. It is full of cliche and what not but I still find it a great read.
Theres something about this I just love but not sure what tho
Old 2009-08-13, 15:58   Link #2
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Oh, finally someone made a thread for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun
It is full of cliche and what not but I still find it a great read.
I think it's because of the amateurish charm. Just like, say, Doctor Horrible, it can be as corny and unpolished as it wants to be and you'd still agree it's a really fun ride.

A classic case of "it gets better" IMO. It started out formulaic and really unpolished and now it is...fun and a bit unpolished? lol. Of course, it helps that the mangaka actually *is* good at humour.

The latest chapters has seen the lovely Angelica *cough* being less on the spotlight though.
Old 2009-08-13, 19:44   Link #3
Wargumm1i
Hentai

By the way how many chapters are there currently out in Japan? also chapter 43 is out
Old 2009-08-13, 21:56   Link #4
kramerica

I think it's really cute :P Especially when she goes all mega-dere when her man does something for her, like calling her darling.

Nanael is not amused.
Old 2009-08-13, 22:04   Link #5
Johnny
Working the bags...

Her nosebleeds are also pretty funny. The one study session was hilarious with her bleeding all over the table...
Old 2009-08-13, 22:28   Link #6
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
By the way how many chapters are there currently out in Japan? also chapter 43 is out
I think theres 60+ chapters out so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Her nosebleeds are also pretty funny. The one study session was hilarious with her bleeding all over the table...
haha yea that was funny, what makes it even better is that the blood spells out "LOVE" on the table
Old 2009-08-14, 00:00   Link #7
Cinocard

Lol, when talking about Onidere, number one character must be the president
Old 2009-08-14, 08:03   Link #8
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I find the president pretty unique, and I think he is perhaps 1# most funny character in the manga.
Old 2009-08-14, 09:05   Link #9
passin'gass
Cropduster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Summary:
Tadashi is in his second year of junior high school and is a member of the handicraft club and loves nothing more than knitting. Unfortunately he's in a secret relationship with Saya, the member of a notorious all-girl gang, who says she will kill him and herself if anyone ever finds out about it.
as of chapter 43, they're not even bothering to hide it anymore (i.e. she isn't choking, manhandling or abusing him in front of the gang)

by 'it' I mean their non-romantic closeness
Old 2009-08-14, 11:17   Link #10
Cinocard

Well, Tadashi was upgraded from her weapon to her rival, after all He's the only one able to "defeat" the Demon head.

Damn, I miss Iron man (or whatever his name is)
Old 2009-08-14, 12:54   Link #11
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Damn, I miss Iron man (or whatever his name is)
The King of Ibaraki, Mito of Steel?

I never expected to see a Don Quixote spoof in my manga, lol.
Old 2009-08-16, 18:38   Link #12
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

HOLY MOE BATMAN!!!

ROFL ch 45 is awesome!
Huge serving of Saki-chan moe overload with great topping of Momo-chan service and sweet side dish of Misuki-chan

I love how cute Saki-chan is in 2nd last page, she's just sooooooooooooooooooooooooo adorable!
Old 2009-08-16, 21:44   Link #13
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
This seires has art that is an acquired taste IMO but if you can look past it, its very cute at times.
My fav character is Saki-chan, she's way too cute!

I can't really think of a word to sum this up cause its different in that we get to see the stuff during a relationship rather than before. It is full of cliche and what not but I still find it a great read.
Theres something about this I just love but not sure what tho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I think it's because of the amateurish charm. Just like, say, Doctor Horrible, it can be as corny and unpolished as it wants to be and you'd still agree it's a really fun ride.

A classic case of "it gets better" IMO. It started out formulaic and really unpolished and now it is...fun and a bit unpolished? lol. Of course, it helps that the mangaka actually *is* good at humour.

The latest chapters has seen the lovely Angelica *cough* being less on the spotlight though.
I read this when it first appeared on mangafox and indeed found it cliche as hell(there were only like 2 or 3 chaps then) but i'm going to take your words and try reading it again. And if it sucks I'm throwing a boomerang at one of you, only to not catch it as it hits the other >.>
Old 2009-08-17, 03:14   Link #14
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I read this when it first appeared on mangafox and indeed found it cliche as hell(there were only like 2 or 3 chaps then) but i'm going to take your words and try reading it again. And if it sucks I'm throwing a boomerang at one of you, only to not catch it as it hits the other >.>
Try a grenade, it's more effective

but this series is very funny especially in King of Ibaraki: Mito the Steel chapter ending, Mito talk so friendly with Tadashi and hostile to his girl friend before retreat.

it's just like School Rumble, Guru guru mawaru
Old 2009-08-19, 01:01   Link #15
coren

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I thought so at first as well, but it kind of gets more interesting as it goes on. It gets more surreal as well, it reminds me a bit of manga like Katteni Kaizo.
Old 2009-08-19, 04:38   Link #16
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by passin'gass View Post
as of chapter 43, they're not even bothering to hide it anymore (i.e. she isn't choking, manhandling or abusing him in front of the gang)

by 'it' I mean their non-romantic closeness
IMHO only Yuna (big girl) is unaware that they are couple. Mitsuki (bear girl) likes Tadashi since he given her a teddy bear, she is even using him to force Saya to do what she likes. In chapter 44 (about sketching) she was trying to trick Saya to strip, by saying that Tadashi wanted this. Momo (silent girl) is helping to hide their romance from the shadows.

Old 2009-08-19, 10:44   Link #17
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
Try a grenade, it's more effective

but this series is very funny especially in King of Ibaraki: Mito the Steel
Lol, he recurred in chapter 47, but utterly defeated by Saya's sister.
Cupid pawns all!
Old 2009-08-19, 17:02   Link #18
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Lol, chapter 47 was so random. I was expecting Mito's return from the chapter title but certainly not little Cupid! And what was the President praying about at the end anyway...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam
Do report back on the results! *wields anti-boomerang force shield*
Old 2009-08-19, 22:55   Link #19
Cirrostratucat
絶対領域

Send a message via Yahoo to Cirrostratucat
This manga is really cliche, but I think that's the charm of it. At start I also not really interested in it, but after keeps reading several chapter it starting to get more interesting. And now I'm completely love this series. The jokes is very funny and Saya's relationship with Tadashi is something that I don't see often in a manga.
Old 2009-08-20, 17:01   Link #20
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Ah ha 48 is great, titled "Mother and Father"

first off Mistuki is just so adorable, she's like a little sister to Tadashi

Tadashi's mum is...well quite simply crazy really

No father, think that will be next chapter.