Others (please list) 96 9.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1044. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-17, 19:55   Link #9881
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Well the sad thing is that she understood what she meant to him a bit too late. But at least, we can understand why she thanked him for his love in his song.
And sure more bittersweetness.

Shadowcatch : denial ? Not with canon material. It's not even a logic bomb case there, just some staff stuff. But you have everyright to stay stuck to you CluClu this doesn't change anything in an opinion matter.
We are just talking about what we heard which is confirming something we thought about Kallen and Lelouch. Nothing bad there hmm ?

Yep Skyless, now things makes finally sense. It was weird until now but there...
I said denial depending on your point of view. Like I'm in denial about KaLulu. And looking at the responses to everything that was posted that isn't supportive of KaLulu, I'd say there is some serious rape going on.
Old 2008-11-17, 20:05   Link #9882
Jaime Kordek

Ok, it is honestly just silly to make assumptions about relationships based off of what is coming out on DVD box covers, etc. Especially when they're coming out only 3 episodes to a DVD, which is just outrageous. Frankly, anything not created by the directors/writers should be considered wholly irrelevant to canon, unless the directors/writers state that they are canon. No exceptions. If things are different in the manga, well, the manga is an alternate universe from the anime. And I don't just mean Suzaku of the counter attack and Nightmare of Nunnaly, the Code Geass manga is an alternate reality from the Code Geass anime, different things happen there, even if the differences are only slight. This is directed at anyone and everyone, I do my best to restrict my commentary solely to what is contained in the anime itself, or in my own deranged mind.

Moving on, I do agree that Milly was a big sister of sorts to Lelouch, seeing as how her family adopted him and Nunnally after the conquest of Japan, but I also think that she was attracted to him, especially after the memory wipe, when all of their previous lives together were re-written. Nevertheless, he clearly preferred Shirley to her, to say nothing of the other girls, and then when Shirley died, well, she's not going to make a move then.

As to KallenxLelouch, I see potential there, just as there is potential in CCxLelouch, but by the point where something could have come of it, he was already devoted to Zero Requiem, which was more important than his hypothetical love for Kallen/CC.

Edit: Or my hypothetical love for KallenxC.C. Heyo!
Old 2008-11-17, 20:07   Link #9883
Cipheric
Ciph

Send a message via MSN to Cipheric
C.C And Lelouch Baby!
Old 2008-11-17, 20:26   Link #9884
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
Personally, I have nothing against a Kallen x Lelouch relationship. But I feel that Kallen and C.C. were used around Lelouch for marketing purposes. Suzaku x Euphemia as well. Since Euphemia had died, they had to use Suzaku x Lelouch for marketing purposes as well because they could not use Cecil x Suzaku or Milly x Lelouch.
You do realise the irony of your statement is that Milly herself, as well as her vaunted Ashford Academy in the end was essentially nothing more then a huge fanservice.
Old 2008-11-17, 23:34   Link #9885
yvj
U Mad?

The slow released yet eyebrow cocking stream of side materiel has reenergized the Kalulu Empire. The once weakened giant arises to once again conqueror the thread.

LOL the shifting overtones and tensions in CG romance thread should be archived for a roller coaster of shipping exuberance.

Spoiler for The Chronicles of the CG Romance thread Shipping War:
Old 2008-11-18, 00:07   Link #9886
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
The slow released yet eyebrow cocking stream of side materiel has reenergized the Kalulu Empire. The once weakened giant arises to once again conqueror the thread.

LOL the shifting overtones and tensions in CG romance thread should be archived for a roller coaster of shipping exuberance.

That is too awesome for words.

I'm rather a pacifist myself, and it seems to me that this war has consisted of nothing but senseless violence, with no attempt at making peace. I think it's about time end this silly quarrel. Face it people! Lelouch is gone! The series is over! We're all fighting for a lost cause!

What we need is some good ol' DNA (Delegation, Negotiation, and Arbitration). Kalulu can have Lelouch's sexual attraction and admiration, CluClu can have Lelouch's partner-like compatability, and Shirlulu can have Lelouch's affectionate concern.

...am I anywhere close to making sense?
Old 2008-11-18, 00:52   Link #9887
Jaime Kordek

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post

After reading that, I find the idea of people having been with this thread for nearly 500 pages to be the most terrifying thought of all. I'm glad I came in post-finale, but now all these side materials... I'd like to call shenanigans on them, but I just don't know enough, or care enough, about them.
Old 2008-11-18, 02:30   Link #9888
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Kordek View Post
Moving on, I do agree that Milly was a big sister of sorts to Lelouch, seeing as how her family adopted him and Nunnally after the conquest of Japan, but I also think that she was attracted to him, especially after the memory wipe, when all of their previous lives together were re-written. Nevertheless, he clearly preferred Shirley to her, to say nothing of the other girls, and then when Shirley died, well, she's not going to make a move then.

At the time, Lelouch never bothered Milly because she was engaged to marry Lloyd. This was why Milly was not able to initiate her feelings to Lelouch. She was more like a "Big Sister" to Rivalz and Shirley than to Lelouch. In the private moments in the first season, Milly never acted like a sister to Lelouch at all. Remember that Milly first met Lelouch at Ashford Academy when she was 14 years old, while he was 13(he had lived with the Ashfords for over three years in hiding). So he was living with the Ashfords before she showed up to attend. Lelouch has never considered Milly as a sister at all. He might have seen her as nothing more than a very good friend around that time.

And, from the looks of it, he didn't prefer Shirley over Milly. Those things just happened. The same could be said about Cecil x Suzaku. Some would consider her as nothing more than a sister type person in Suzaku's life. Most folks prefer the following:

Euphemia x Suzaku

Shirley x Lelouch

Both women died tragically. Cecil and Milly were the wildcards that was never used in Code Geass R2. We have only seen a small glipse of Cecil's fighting skills within her KMF and Milly's ability to see through peoples' masks. This was never explored again in the second season. The only real relationship that came true were as follows:

Lelouch x Death

Suzaku x Alone

Cecil and Milly might have acted like sister type figures towards Suzaku and Lelouch respectively in public. But not privately. The protential for real romance was there for both women. But it was non-existant in R2.

I understand that I have absolutely no support for my statement as it was never realized. I wish it was.
Old 2008-11-18, 10:34   Link #9889
Levy
differently sober

Quote:
As to KallenxLelouch, I see potential there, just as there is potential in CCxLelouch, but by the point where something could have come of it, he was already devoted to Zero Requiem, which was more important than his hypothetical love for Kallen/CC.
I agree with you, and I don't want to play the hardcore skeptical, but, like dec4 said in the Karen thread, a kiss being mutual is just a kiss being mutual. One can be happy as he wants about it, but it's not that it changes anything in the story that is already over.

And I'm confused as hell now, because I don't get the meaning of 'being canon' anymore....@.@
Because, you know, the light use of 'canon' is the contrary of crack, like when you have some 'canon' hints (even one-sided) at a pairing, and KaLulu has been like this for a while. Like, let's say, RivalzXMilly or ZeroXKaguya.
The strong meaning for 'canon' is being actually together and expressedly love each other as Ohgi&Villetta... and Lelouch can't be canon in this sense with none, since he's dead.

if it's so.. what's the point of arguing..?

Quote:
Edit: Or my hypothetical love for KallenxC.C. Heyo!
I second this. Let's make some motivator - "Make Love, not shipping wars!" =P
Old 2008-11-18, 12:34   Link #9890
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
You do realise the irony of your statement is that Milly herself, as well as her vaunted Ashford Academy in the end was essentially nothing more then a huge fanservice.
I still felt that Turn 12 should have simply been about Milly's backstory and her feelings for Lelouch. Instead, it was a fanservice comedy, which ruined it. It would have been nice to have seen her at least confess her feelings for Lelouch before she left Ashford Academy. So, there was no real romance for Lelouch. Only the following might be true:

Ohgi x Villetta

Chiba x Tuddoh

Rivalz x Miya

At least in my mind.
Old 2008-11-18, 12:35   Link #9891
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
I still felt that Turn 12 should have simply been about Milly's backstory and her feelings for Lelouch. Instead, it was a fanservice comedy, which ruined it. It would have been nice to have seen her at least confess her feelings for Lelouch before she left Ashford Academy. So, there was no real romance for Lelouch. Only the following might be true:

Ohgi x Villetta

Chiba x Tuddoh

Rivalz x Miya

At least in my mind.
You forgot SchneizelxKanon. xD
Old 2008-11-18, 12:42   Link #9892
Jaime Kordek

Quote:
Cecil and Milly might have acted like sister type figures towards Suzaku and Lelouch respectively in public. But not privately. The protential for real romance was there for both women. But it was non-existant in R2.

I understand that I have absolutely no support for my statement as it was never realized. I wish it was.
While I still don't really see the MillyxLelouch thing, I know I'm not going to change your mind, so I won't argue it.

As to Suzakux Cecile, I think that if Euphemia had not entered the picture, there definitely would have been potential there. But after Euphemia died, Suzaku didn't really care anymore, and then he moved on to the Knights of Round. If he hadn't fallen for Euphie, of course, Lelouch was going to try and set him up with Nunnally.
Old 2008-11-18, 12:49   Link #9893
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Errr... Lelouch wanted Suzaku to be Nunally's knight, not her lover. xD

And SuzakuxCecile?
I really can't see the chemistry there.
Old 2008-11-18, 13:12   Link #9894
Levy
differently sober

mh.. the only think I can figure is very angsty comfort sex and no, I don't think that neither Suzaku not Cécile are the kind of indulging in that...

I bet you won't find anyone arguing that Tohdoh & Chiba was not canon, even there was no official closure about them.
*higly pathetic poor-underdog-ship- fan- mode on* And I guess we'll never know because none would bother to write/translate not even a fucking line saying 'Yup they get married and live together in a traditional japanese house now'! U_U
Old 2008-11-18, 13:30   Link #9895
darthfury78

Quote:
While I still don't really see the MillyxLelouch thing, I know I'm not going to change your mind, so I won't argue it.

As to Suzakux Cecile, I think that if Euphemia had not entered the picture, there definitely would have been potential there. But after Euphemia died, Suzaku didn't really care anymore, and then he moved on to the Knights of Round. If he hadn't fallen for Euphie, of course, Lelouch was going to try and set him up with Nunnally.
There were plans of a Suzaku x Cecil relationship. However, that was scrapped.

The same might have been true with Milly and Lelouch. I am only speculating that those plans were scrapped as well.

The one thing that Milly x Cecil had in common was Lloyd. Although, non-romantic with Lloyd, they seemed connected with the KMF and the Ashford's early involvement with Marianne's KMF and its research specifications.
Old 2008-11-18, 13:42   Link #9896
Jaime Kordek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post

And SuzakuxCecile?
Well, I didn't either, only the potential. It felt like a possibility that never had a chance to happen.

Also, the way knights seem to end up in CG leans towards romance as well.

Though that makes you wonder about CharlesxBismark...
Old 2008-11-18, 13:46   Link #9897
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:

Ohgi x Villetta

Chiba x Tuddoh

Rivalz x Miya

At least in my mind.
Okay, once again, Milly was never anything more then a fanservice character since her introduction. She only really stepped out of that role when she decided to end her running away from the decisions she had to make in life. Episode twelve was her last ditch effort and she quietly admitted her loss to Shirley and gracefully left. Confessing to Lelouch would only serve to make her, and by extention you I guess, happy and would only complicate Lelouch's life. She chose to be mature about the situation and give up on a love that never was and likely never would have been.

The only ones that had any precedence would be Ougi and Villetta. Chiba and Toudou was basically just fanservice thrown in with no development and I have no idea where you got Rivalz and Miya.

Quote:

The same might have been true with Milly and Lelouch. I am only speculating that those plans were scrapped as well.

The one thing that Milly x Cecil had in common was Lloyd. Although, non-romantic with Lloyd, they seemed connected with the KMF and the Ashford's early involvement with Marianne's KMF and its research specifications.
There was a plan for a Suzaku and Cecil connection that may have focused on some Cecil character development, not Suzaku x Cecil. It was hinted at Loyd saying that Cecil is only looking at Suzaku as a replacement for someone in season one. Unless I missed some extra info that came out.

Milly from day one was nothing but a side character that was there to make us laugh and to grope female characters. She had a crush on Lelouch but Lelouch himself never saw her in that light despite having known her the longest. Episode twelve was likely the best you were ever going to get from Milly in terms of her feelings and resolution because it was apparent that her role in the story was not one where she would have a pivotal impact on Lelouch's character development through their relationship like Shirley and Kallen were.
Old 2008-11-18, 13:57   Link #9898
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post
mh.. the only think I can figure is very angsty comfort sex and no, I don't think that neither Suzaku not Cécile are the kind of indulging in that...
*nods her head*

Quote:
*higly pathetic poor-underdog-ship- fan- mode on* And I guess we'll never know because none would bother to write/translate not even a fucking line saying 'Yup they get married and live together in a traditional japanese house now'! U_U
Aw! xD
Don't be sad. I'm sure they are indeed living together.
Yes, yes. *keeps nodding her head*
Not to mention the countless other samurai-like people they keep around; but hey, who needs privacy? ;P

Quote:
And I'm happy about that.
Suzaku is just not the type who would just "move on" after Euphie.

Quote:
If that's the case, then they were thinking about turning Code Geass into a romance show.
I'm glad that didn't happen.
I mean, I like Milly, but... nah. Maybe if she hadn't been mind-wiped, but even then there would still have been the Shirley issue.
She'd never have said anything.

Quote:
Also, the way knights seem to end up in CG leans towards romance as well.

Though that makes you wonder about CharlesxBismark...
Omg. xD
And here I was thinking about giving Clovis a male knight in fanfiction.
...Oh well.
They'll live.
...Probably.

Edit:
Milly? Just a fanservice character?
I disagree, especially after the Drama CDs, but... oh well.
Old 2008-11-18, 14:07   Link #9899
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post

And SuzakuxCecile?
The thing is, in this story, Knight/Royalty seems destined to hooked up together.
Guilford/Cornelia
Suzaku/Euphie
Kallen/Lelouch

Code Geass is a bodyguard love story. MARK MY WORDS
On a more serious note, Nunnally seemed to have a thing for Suzaku in season1, when she said to Lelouch she felt sad (I don't remember well) to see Suzaku and Euphie so close); Lelouch was even all in : "...Nunally..."
(And just after this he made his terrifying eyes and said "EUPHEMIA" at the end of the turn.
He didn't care about Euphie's plan for the Japan, he just wasn't happy to see her relationship with Suzaku making sad Nunnally

I remember Lelouch said "If I make of this person Nunnally to be his raison d'être..."; To me it sounds like a more personal implication than a simple Knight duty, he really wanted to see Suzaku totally dedicated to Nunnally, and I think this imply all Suzaku's feelings, for Nunnally.

Now this can be argued, but well.

Old 2008-11-18, 14:11   Link #9900
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post
The strong meaning for 'canon' is being actually together and expressedly love each other as Ohgi&Villetta... and Lelouch can't be canon in this sense with none, since he's dead.

if it's so.. what's the point of arguing..?
So? Does this make Suzu/Euphemia for example less canon? Or any other couple that ended tragically not canon?
Closed Thread

Tags
romance