AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-11-21, 13:45   Link #261
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I don't know what "gar" means, but I have a 1-50 percent possibillity that Sanji might meet someone that would resemble Princess Fiona of the Shrek trilogy. And I mean possibillity because not everyone will agree with me on anything that I post. < *sigh* "I never get any attention."
You are now! LOVE!!!

So wait, would that mean Sanji could only fight her at night, when the spell's in effect? Or maybe just whenever she isn't touched by the sun...
FIGHT IN THE SHADE!

Oh, and "gar" is apparently a way of saying "manly"... don't ask.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 13:48   Link #262
wakuka
Lil' meanie

Well in Sanji's case since he hates Okama, he will just keep running and running away from them and he will train his legs by doing that LOL! =3
Old 2008-11-21, 14:15   Link #263
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
You are now! LOVE!!!
Thanks I feel better.

Quote:
So wait, would that mean Sanji could only fight her at night, when the spell's in effect? Or maybe just whenever she isn't touched by the sun...
FIGHT IN THE SHADE!
I think you were talking about the effects involved in the first Shrek movie.

Quote:
Oh, and "gar" is apparently a way of saying "manly"... don't ask.
Understood. Of course I might have heard about that in another discussion somewhere.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 17:39   Link #264
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Maybe Sanji will learn to connect to his inner woman, so that he can fight agains women in the future.
That is what I thought at first, not the cause, but the result. But, I thought, it would be too simple. Especially when you already have female fighters within your group. And who knows, learning a technique based on dancing might be a better idea.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 17:51   Link #265
marvelB

It would be against Sanji's character to attack females, anyway. His "chivalry" wasn't something that was taught to him by Zeff. It's more like his "lifestyle". Therefore, I wouldn't say that being chased by a group of trannies would make Sanji resent women at all..... on the contrary, it would probably strengthen his chivalrous nature. As long as he has his precious Nami and Robin to swoon over, his spirit will never be broken!

I still say that he'll probably learn Okama Kempo on that island.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 19:49   Link #266
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

At the least, he can add one more leg to his fight.(jk)
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 20:52   Link #267
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
It would be against Sanji's character to attack females, anyway. His "chivalry" wasn't something that was taught to him by Zeff. It's more like his "lifestyle". Therefore, I wouldn't say that being chased by a group of trannies would make Sanji resent women at all..... on the contrary, it would probably strengthen his chivalrous nature. As long as he has his precious Nami and Robin to swoon over, his spirit will never be broken!

I still say that he'll probably learn Okama Kempo on that island.
See this is exactly what I'm thinking, it would totally go against Sanji's character if he were to learn a way to fight against women.
He was taught to never hit a women and I mean he would rather die than to EVER hit a women no matter what, I just don't see a way around it what so ever.

I know people are looking for a reason why he should learn it but I don't see one, theres plenty of others in the crew able to do what he can't.

yea yea i know if it comes down to just him and a female opponent, then what?

but Sanji is smart he can think of a way around it

Sanji's "chivalry" is a character trait and for him to actually fight against women would take it away and he wouldn't be the Sanji we all love
Old 2008-11-21, 21:15   Link #268
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
I have my doubts about Shanks joining Whitebeard in the war.... he warned him about Blackbeard from the start, but old Newgate just wouldn't listen. I'd think he would just stay out of the way and let Whitebeard reap what he sowed....
I agree.
One of the marines did mention some disturbing actions from the other pirates in the new world too. Don't know if they were talking about the Emperors or not.

BTW, I don't want Boa to join the SH's...She will kick Chopper!!
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 21:34   Link #269
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
You do know that if Luffy asks her to join the crew, there's a chance she may just do it. And someone that powerful joining the crew would be a very bad thing. This signifies that either she is going to leave the crew on some strange short notice, or she is going to die... soooooo the equation here is Strawhats + Boa = Death!!!!
Rinji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 21:41   Link #270
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinji View Post
You do know that if Luffy asks her to join the crew, there's a chance she may just do it. And someone that powerful joining the crew would be a very bad thing. This signifies that either she is going to leave the crew on some strange short notice, or she is going to die... soooooo the equation here is Strawhats + Boa = Death!!!!
that equation would work in any other anime, but in one piece most equations that would normally equal out to a "death for the sake of good story telling" get's thrown out... Oda doesn't like to kill characters especially major characters and allies... and i doubt Boa would be the exception to this

Whitebeard... ya i expect him to be worth oda making an exception for... but not Boa or most any other character you could name
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 22:07   Link #271
Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius

Send a message via Yahoo to Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius
LMAO at this chapter at the last page.And Hebihime she's so cute
Old 2008-11-22, 00:33   Link #272
Would?
Ravemaster

Send a message via AIM to Would?
This is trully an exciting chapter, with the beginnings of the war and the confirmed seperation of the Mugiwara crew.

Just one hypothetical question:

Who else will we find in Impel Down when Luffy gets there? (and what kind of trouble will come of it)

Last edited by Would?; 2008-11-22 at 00:33. Reason: idk my bff jill
Would? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 00:38   Link #273
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
sanji said that the only place he would use his hands was in the kitchen. Learning something with his hands would destroy his character and the whole freakin point of his background story.

no, he will learn to attack without judgment/ without flinching about who he is fighting (kinda like what hancock does with the puppies and seal.)

and Mr. 2, Bon Clay is DEFINATLY from this island
I believe what Sanji said was that his (a chef's) hands were his life, and he wouldn't risk injuring them in a fight. Meaning that if he could learn a way to use his hands without injuring them, then there's a possiblility that he might use them to fight. We've already seen Sanji exploit a loophole in order to use both his hands and kitchen utensils during a fight. If he were to somehow learn a more "permanent loophole" on Kamabakka then I'm sure he wouldn't be above using it. But this is all of course just a theory.

And attacking without judgment is not something that Sanji or any good guy for that matter would do. All of the Strawhats treat each situation with discretion, and attack without holding back when necessary (and that includes Sanji). Deciding which fight he wants to take isn't a characteristic of a weak (or "flinching") person, it implies the exact opposite. In fact I believe that Luffy and Zoro already demonstrated that in spades with the Bellamy incident.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 03:26   Link #274
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Quote:
It just means, that by the time she joins (IF she joins) all the other crew members should have reached a similar level. Which has to happen anyways sooner or later.
This is true too, I hope they've reached that level. And I hope Zoro's performance against Mihawk is that of equal or superior quality!!
Old 2008-11-22, 03:46   Link #275
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
If Luffy asked her to join right now she would say yes.

I don't think Luffy will ever be serious about Hancock if he ever finds out she likes him. He's not into that kind of stuff.
Old 2008-11-22, 07:55   Link #276
kissthestick

Quote:
Heh, that actually reminds of that one scene during the sea train portion of the Enies Lobby storyline, where Robin hides Usopp in a similar fashion.
remind me the scene
kissthestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 10:41   Link #277
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
It just means, that by the time she joins (IF she joins) all the other crew members should have reached a similar level. Which has to happen anyways sooner or later.
I don't think they'll be at her level for a while, though. So unless she's planning on sticking around for a while, I doubt she'll join anytime soon.
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 12:12   Link #278
mrsticky005
Banned

What secret powers does Sanji's left eye behold?
I think we all know. It's quite possibly the greatest ocular power ever.

Can it copy other people's abilities?
No. It's better than that.

Can it unleash an unstoppable flame?
Nah. Sanji doesn't need that. His heart is always on fire.

Can it predict the future?
Nope. With this power, who would want to?

Does it see through things?
Not a chance. This is better than X-ray vision.

Can it shoot lasers?
Lasers, smazers, this is the best power ever.

Sanji's eye has the power to...

Accurately guess a woman's three measurements with a SINGLE glance!

That's right folks, that's Sanji's awesome power.
But with great power comes great respon...Hey Sanji!
Quit fooling around with Princess Vivi! She's too young for you.
...Sigh.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 12:35   Link #279
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
What secret powers does Sanji's left eye behold?
I think we all know. It's quite possibly the greatest ocular power ever.

Can it copy other people's abilities?
No. It's better than that.

Can it unleash an unstoppable flame?
Nah. Sanji doesn't need that. His heart is always on fire.

Can it predict the future?
Nope. With this power, who would want to?

Does it see through things?
Not a chance. This is better than X-ray vision.

Can it shoot lasers?
Lasers, smazers, this is the best power ever.

Sanji's eye has the power to...

Accurately guess a woman's three measurements with a SINGLE glance!

That's right folks, that's Sanji's awesome power.
But with great power comes great respon...Hey Sanji!
Quit fooling around with Princess Vivi! She's too young for you.
...Sigh.
Sanji's eye can make any girl fall in love with him, but he's so sure he can do it the right way that he doesn't show it to anyone!
Old 2008-11-22, 13:18   Link #280
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinji View Post
Sanji's eye can make any girl fall in love with him, but he's so sure he can do it the right way that he doesn't show it to anyone!
Hmm... I still like the idea of a latent x-ray vision power.
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote