011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: You couldn't even finish the episode... 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-01-07, 09:21   Link #141
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
Is that really whats going on then.
No, that's not how it works. As I said two posts ago each episode is assigned to a different animation team, generally alternating good teams with mediocre teams, and the rotation starts over after 8 episodes.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 09:50   Link #142
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^I’m no sharingan user, but my eyes can tell the difference between good animation and whatever-animation…And the latter type usually gets bestowed to filler episodes, but with this being somewhat of a manga centric character arc, I’m hoping that this won’t be the case…Not that I disagree with your explanation, but it seems to be heavy handed in the filler arc direction when it comes to sub-par animation…
Old 2010-01-07, 10:01   Link #143
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Well, I'm no Byakugan user, and I also can clearly distinguish between good and bad animation.
Ryuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 10:34   Link #144
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^I’m no sharingan user, but my eyes can tell the difference between good animation and whatever-animation…And the latter type usually gets bestowed to filler episodes
Not really, it's not like they change their entire set of animators once they start a filler arc. A lot of animation directors and animators, both good and bad, have been on the series for a long time, during both canon and fillers. As I said the studio alternates episodes done by good animators with episodes done by mediocre/bad animators, no matter if the story is going through filler or canon. Of course canon arcs may get some episodes done by skilled animators that usually don't work on the series, while filler arcs won't, but you can find a lot of the same names working on the series during both canon and fillers.
Old 2010-01-07, 13:56   Link #145
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
The difference in animation quality makes me wonder if the whole quality isn't just a matter of money. I mean, there can't be that huge of a difference in the skill of different animation teams.
Old 2010-01-07, 14:17   Link #146
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
The difference in animation quality makes me wonder if the whole quality isn't just a matter of money.
Of course it's a matter of money. I don't get this

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I mean, there can't be that huge of a difference in the skill of different animation teams.
The difference between the best teams and the worst teams is quite huge, though the quality of the worst teams has improved a lot in the last season.
Old 2010-01-07, 14:36   Link #147
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Of course it's a matter of money. I don't get this

The difference between the best teams and the worst teams is quite huge, though the quality of the worst teams has improved a lot in the last season.
I know it's a matter of money, what I'm wondering is if it is only a matter of money, since I can't believe that the skilllevels of animation-teams differ that much.
Old 2010-01-07, 16:20   Link #148
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Animation teams like to experiment sometimes, choosing the not-so-important episodes for it is a perfect chance, including but not limited to fillers...or so says I.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 16:51   Link #149
wtfftw

we will keep looking till the last scent of sasuke is gone. OMG this team loves sasukes ass. Give up on him already lol he dont like yall anymore :/
wtfftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 18:23   Link #150
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Animation teams like to experiment sometimes, choosing the not-so-important episodes for it is a perfect chance, including but not limited to fillers...or so says I.
So experiment = Bad? So the eps where faces are all jacked up and fight sequences are as lame as flamingo shaped pillows mean they are experimenting and not just cost-cutting? I mean if that infamous Gai vs. Kisame fight where it looked like Gai had been drawn with Pre-K fingerpaint was experimenting I’d hate to see a real $hitty episode…

I’ve come to accept in all shonen-fighters that I have ever watched that there are gonna be those TEAM W eps from time to time, but still I find it hard to believe that that’s some sort of experimentation that will spawn better looking eps…

Sometimes it is what it is…The Sasuke vs. Itachi fight wasn’t drawn anywhere close to as good as the opening title-sequence fight and Sasuke vs. Oro was pretty average aswell in the animation department, but I consider those eps at least kinda standard for Naruto…Some filler eps (Hopefully this upcoming arc aswell) have bucked the trend, but for the most part I see no real experimentation, unless you judge filler all across different shonen-fighter shows the same and consider all the sub-par animated episodes from Bleach, Hitman Reborn, Gintama, etc., as all experiments in drawing and not just the obvious cost-cutting drek that it is…Atleast that’s what I think…
Old 2010-01-07, 22:01   Link #151
ACEZ1n7
Sweet to the mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
The best episodes are drawn by TEAM A...No matter what this new arc brings I just hope it isn't drawn by the $hittiest animation team (aka "TEAM W")...That would annoy me to no end...

LOL@yall thinking it was deeper than that...
Okay then. I always wonder to that... one episode will be like, so detailed. And another will be like, "Hey, Sakura doesn't look like a missile"

Just asking thought, if there's a Team A, and there's also a Team W... which mean that theres also other groups like Team B, C, and so on?
ACEZ1n7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 03:53   Link #152
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
So experiment = Bad?
Not always, but it includes a higher risk than practicing standard methods I guess...btw bleach has had its share of well-animated filler so I'll just assume it highly depends on the animation teams that are working on the project.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 08:27   Link #153
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I think this gives the full analysis...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 10:14   Link #154
henrinaiara

amazing movie..I like naruto best..!
henrinaiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 02:03   Link #155
OkamiNoKaze

Madera tellls his story part 2, full of flash backs we've seen recently, though in all a good episode and a new focus for Sasuke, and his crew.

Tags
weekly episode discussion