Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-01, 12:21   Link #61
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knjaz View Post
Hints can't be given in a form of/with a joke? Are you kidding? o.O
Not when it's supposed to be hinting at something very serious and the comedy destroys the suspicion raised. That's the main point.
Old 2011-12-01, 12:29   Link #62
Alchemist007
*Author

On the contrary is Hidan from Naruto. Not that I think that part with Zennosuke was really serious. Holy crap I remembered his name.
Old 2011-12-01, 12:36   Link #63
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
On the contrary is Hidan from Naruto.
I don't think the comedy there elminates the hint though. In Zennosuke's case (I can't believe you remembered his name either), Ichigo's reaction pretty much eliminates any suspicion that something is wrong about the badge (and Kubo just lamely retcons that by saying he just didn't want to consider it). Not so in Hidan's case. The fact that they're making a crack about his technique doesn't make it any less suspicious.
Old 2011-12-01, 12:39   Link #64
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Holy mother of---how did you guys manage to hold a debate that long for these few weeks? o.o;

I don't know whether you're misunderstanding something or not, but I did say that "I'm more inclined to believe that Kubo had planned some of them implicitly', which means that I do believe that Kubo was actually trying to give us hints about what happened in the current arc However, I'm still more amazed by all hardcore fans out there that..err, how to say it? Ah, retracing all those past few chapters and then established theories here and there.

Then again, many people tend to think too deeply about this and some of their theories are plainly hilarious. Oh, and I'm talking about Rukia x Ichigo theory here, not the current problem concerning Ukitake.

Old 2011-12-01, 12:45   Link #65
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Yeah but only Ichigo and Naruto seem to use the same one for 10 years or more
Kaaaa...meeee...I'll let you fill in the rest :P
Quote:
Again that shows that he doesn't plan EVERY DETAIL. No...I think that it shows that he wants to make sure that new reveals aren't total ass pulls and retcons not that he lacks planning. I think that's a good thing and it's not a mark against him. It's covering his ass. I think that is a very good example of him actually "thinking" about his story
I believe that the problem with Kubo's writing is his terrible misuse of Chekhov's gun. Leaving something in the air for one or two dozen chapters and bringing it back afterwards is one thing, but going back hundreds of chapters, picking out something insignificant, suddenly making a big deal out of it and then nulling its importance is just wasted space. A very notable example is the "superchunky from hell" chapter, where Kubo brought back a much-debated creature only to be of service in two ways:
1) plot device to get Aizen outside of Yamamoto's flame prison
2) Hype Wonderweiss uuuh...hype Mashiro? Beats me, but it ended up being pretty bad, because it got its ass kicked by a second-class character. Much in the same way, Kensei's bankai was somehow forgotten and he lost off-panel, didn't even get a 1HKO.

I'm totally expecting something similar to happen with Szayel's lab corpses...forgotten, in a now-closed chapter in the history of bleach, but might as well be Masaki's zombie from Ryuuken's insidious planning with Isshin, Urahara and Mayuri. <insert all sorts of facepalm>
Old 2011-12-01, 13:42   Link #66
Baragan

Ichigos bankai looks superb its now worth the name moon cutting fang
Old 2011-12-01, 18:32   Link #67
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Your point?

Again that shows that he doesn't plan EVERY DETAIL. No...I think that it shows that he wants to make sure that new reveals aren't total ass pulls and retcons not that he lacks planning. I think that's a good thing and it's not a mark against him. It's covering his ass. I think that is a very good example of him actually "thinking" about his story

Kishi also admitted that he's forgotten some things he wrote about 10 years ago no?
these past two chapters are point enough of his poor planning

The "reveal" and Ichigo's cliche'd answer should have been one chapter and not drawn out across two. He wanted to treat it like it was something major, and the result was that it was not.

Forgetting something you wrote 10 years ago is acceptable, forgetting something you wrote during your current arc is unacceptable. Kubo sure as hell didn't do a good job of covering his ass with the entire basis of Espadas/Arrancars/Vaizards.

One last thing, Ginjou having a bankai is a complete asspull till further notice...

Quote:
Yeah but only Ichigo and Naruto seem to use the same one for 10 years or more

The others usually add more moves to their repertoire

I.E Samurai Deeper Kyo his signature moves were actually just parts of his true signature move. So it seemed like he had more than one.

Please god I want to see a newer move...
We all want to see new moves. I'll clarify a bit on Shounen Heroes...energy users tend to use the same move over and over and create variations/use in different ways

Yusuke Urameshi - Spirit Gun (can't remember everything, but he did have a mass attack version of it called Shotgun)
Goku - Kamehameha (the most random/unique thing he's ever done w/ this attack is firing it from his feet )
Naruto - Rasengan (In Naruto's defense, he created a very powerful variation of it)
Ichigo - Getsuga (I don't think we've seen that much variation from Ichigo yet...)

etc, and so on...

Physical Attack users tend to get creative, One Piece is a great example.

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2011-12-01 at 19:50.
Old 2011-12-01, 20:09   Link #68
AvalonCode

Yea Luffy is Boss and he can stretch. What Id really like to see tho is Ichi train with Hichi and start to use more unconventional moves like the ones he displayed while fighting Muramasa. That would be all kinds of win. Ichi should learn to embrace this style of fighting more and incorporate GT in his fighting style and use Ceros and learn some Kido from Urahara. Ichi has the potential to be awesome but, I think the train has passed on this tho. The series is almost over and more than Ichi learning new moves I wanna see the other Captains BANKAI and Unohana Taichou and Yachiru kiss some a$$.

What did U say?! I didn't think so
Old 2011-12-01, 21:06   Link #69
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

the disappointing thing about it is, usually with these typical cases of heroes having limited skills and the story moves into the future, we see those old heroes again, and they say something like "Along the way I've picked up some new tricks." It's quite annoying...
Old 2011-12-01, 21:09   Link #70
Alchemist007
*Author

I don't mind if it's something that's not a completely new move. Like Goku's instant transmission was basically just super fast movement. For something like the Rasengan and Rasenshuriken, we saw Naruto painstakingly learn how to do it.
Old 2011-12-01, 21:18   Link #71
Jouten

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvalonCode View Post
Yea Luffy is Boss and he can stretch. What Id really like to see tho is Ichi train with Hichi and start to use more unconventional moves like the ones he displayed while fighting Muramasa. That would be all kinds of win. Ichi should learn to embrace this style of fighting more and incorporate GT in his fighting style and use Ceros and learn some Kido from Urahara. Ichi has the potential to be awesome but, I think the train has passed on this tho. The series is almost over and more than Ichi learning new moves I wanna see the other Captains BANKAI and Unohana Taichou and Yachiru kiss some a$$.
Quote:
Bleach
Quote:
almost over
Didn't Ichigo just now learn how to use Fullbring? If Kubo planned on ending Bleach soon he would have done that after Ichigo defeated Aizen and he lost his powers. Now it started all over again. The question is who could be a threat now, except Soul King or a few Vasto Lorde. Or rather who will be the next big boss?
Old 2011-12-01, 21:30   Link #72
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Kubo has said Bleach is almost over.
Old 2011-12-01, 21:37   Link #73
Jouten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
Kubo has said Bleach is almost over.
Wait when did he say that?
Old 2011-12-01, 23:49   Link #74
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
We all want to see new moves. I'll clarify a bit on Shounen Heroes...energy users tend to use the same move over and over and create variations/use in different ways

Yusuke Urameshi - Spirit Gun (can't remember everything, but he did have a mass attack version of it called Shotgun)
Goku - Kamehameha (the most random/unique thing he's ever done w/ this attack is firing it from his feet )
Naruto - Rasengan (In Naruto's defense, he created a very powerful variation of it)
Ichigo - Getsuga (I don't think we've seen that much variation from Ichigo yet...)

etc, and so on...

Physical Attack users tend to get creative, One Piece is a great example.
wow, you took the words out of my mouth! i totally agree! you forgot naruto's kagebushin though, that is one of his signature moves. he still uses it but nowadays he only uses it to complement his other powerful techniques. luffy can only stretch when the series first started but it's not like that anymore. the fact that he has a rubber body is not even considered a real ability compared to his power-ups. while ichigo has basically remained the same with the same boring getsuga tenshou. i wish he would get a new move or something. remember when he fought byakuya and his hollow side took over? it seemed to me that that guy knows more about zangetsu's attacks and defenses than ichigo. too bad kubo didn't allow ichigo to learn more of its power as the series went along.
Old 2011-12-02, 08:36   Link #75
Aqua Knight

KT said Bleach would last for next 10 year.
Rejoice.
Old 2011-12-02, 11:06   Link #76
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Naruto can be repetitive in his techniques but he does actually use his Kage Bunshins and Rasengans in rather creative ways so I reckon he doesn't deserve to be put in the same level as Ichigo who just spams Getsuga with no regard to strategy or battle tactics.
Old 2011-12-02, 15:11   Link #77
AvalonCode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
KT said Bleach would last for next 10 year.
Rejoice.
WHAT?! WHEN?! Good lawd noooooo!! That would sooo fail besides last I checked Bleach is moving further and further down the ladder. I dont think Bleach has another 10 years of life left

What did U say?! I didn't think so
Old 2011-12-02, 15:34   Link #78
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Frankly I think Bleach was already dead when Aizen was defeated. Now there just doesn't seem to be any real purpose to this story anymore. It doesn't seem to have any direction.
Old 2011-12-02, 15:42   Link #79
sayde

Since some of us are on the topic of Ichigo's moves (or lack thereof) in comparison to other shonen protagonists, I feel like stating that I only wish Kubo would bring back Ichigo's bankai speed. I want my speed clones back nao. Allow Ichigo to be genuinely faster than the opponents he confronts and allow him to use that speed to make things a little more interesting again. Because at this stage in the game, I've pretty much given up on the possibility of Ichigo learning an assortment of new techniques. So at the very least, I'd appreciate it if his bankai can go back to being useful. Its' speed boost should return to making his bankai unique & awesome as oppose to being a vital utility just to keep up with the speed of his competition.

Don't worry Kubo. If you're willing to be a little bit creative, the big bads don't actually have to be the fastest guys in the fight to kick ass.
Old 2011-12-02, 15:54   Link #80
Alchemist007
*Author

His primary strength in Bankai WAS his speed but they only showed that off the first time he ever used it!