Sasheks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntherblast View Post
wasn't referring to the mask I call him the masked man
My bad. Nevertheless. Head. Flying.
Old 2011-12-07, 15:24   Link #42
JinchuurikiMaster
Jinchuuriki Expert

Just read the new chapter myself, and my first reaction was simply: I though Naruto had grown, is he really that helpless?
But it really isn't that stupid, because throughout this whole arc, everyone have so far talked about how important it is to not let Naruto solve all of this by himself, inluding the five kages, Itachi and so forth, and I think this war is all about letting everyone shine, and not just Naruto.

I mean, throughout the whole story, it has all been about Naruto getting stronger and stronger and stronger, and surpassing everyone and in the end become hokage and we have seen how much he has grown when he fought Kakuzu and of course Pain, but this has made Naruto very much focused about himself, and he was now starting to push his friends away form him and do all by himself. But now it is't for a change. The alliance must win this battle, and this tells us that this not just about Naruto anymore. This is about saving everyone, and you can't rely on just one person anymore. Everyone needs to contribute, and most importanlty, this war is all about teamwork.

Which also leads to the conclusion that Naruto and Killer B can't take down all of the jinchuurikis at once, because together the jinchuurikis are so overpowered. So I think everyone have to help in this fight to slay down the last opponents before the ultimate fight.

But in the end, I do think it is Naruto who needs to solve this. It is Naruto who has to defeat Tobi, and keep the promise he gave to Nagato. That, I think would be the ultimate conclusion to this series.

But then the question is: Where is there room for a Naruto-Sasuke fight in all this? :S
JinchuurikiMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 15:34   Link #43
ntherblast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinchuurikiMaster View Post
Just read the new chapter myself, and my first reaction was simply: I though Naruto had grown, is he really that helpless?
But it really isn't that stupid, because throughout this whole arc, everyone have so far talked about how important it is to not let Naruto solve all of this by himself, inluding the five kages, Itachi and so forth, and I think this war is all about letting everyone shine, and not just Naruto.

I mean, throughout the whole story, it has all been about Naruto getting stronger and stronger and stronger, and surpassing everyone and in the end become hokage and we have seen how much he has grown when he fought Kakuzu and of course Pain, but this has made Naruto very much focused about himself, and he was now starting to push his friends away form him and do all by himself. But now it is't for a change. The alliance must win this battle, and this tells us that this not just about Naruto anymore. This is about saving everyone, and you can't rely on just one person anymore. Everyone needs to contribute, and most importanlty, this war is all about teamwork.

Which also leads to the conclusion that Naruto and Killer B can't take down all of the jinchuurikis at once, because together the jinchuurikis are so overpowered. So I think everyone have to help in this fight to slay down the last opponents before the ultimate fight.

But in the end, I do think it is Naruto who needs to solve this. It is Naruto who has to defeat Tobi, and keep the promise he gave to Nagato. That, I think would be the ultimate conclusion to this series.

But then the question is: Where is there room for a Naruto-Sasuke fight in all this? :S

Naruto seems to be good at taking 2 steps forward and 3 steps back
ntherblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 15:45   Link #44
JinchuurikiMaster
Jinchuuriki Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntherblast View Post
Naruto seems to be good at taking 2 steps forward and 3 steps back
There has been some failures too of course, for example when he fought Sasuke in Sasuke retrieval arc., and when he fought Sasuke in Sasuke and Sai arc....

He always seems to loose when he has to fight Sasuke Sasuke is so annoying, he is always just a little bit ahead of Naruto, and that is only because of his eye powers. He would have been helpless without it.
JinchuurikiMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 16:00   Link #45
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
Kushina and minato color page > this chapter
No idea where you see this. link?
Old 2011-12-07, 16:01   Link #46
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Did anyone already complain about Kakashi still being able to fight? Before the war he was notorious for running out of chakra, for example against Pain he ran out of chakra in a minutes. Now it's almost 2 days of fighting (assuming he couldn't even sleep overnight because the Zetsu clones were harrasing them), and he still has his sharingan activated and is ready to fight Madara.
You know next to nothing about his chakra consumption during those 2 days : /
If anything, I think its a stretch that Naruto is still able to maintain his state of using the Kyuubi's chakra after all this time, considering the so called “dangers” that were explained about it before that have apparently gone out the window.

Quote:
This was my biggest complaint about this chapter, the lesser complaint is that Naruto's huge self confidence now seems to be a joke, he is being rescued by people all the time. I understand that this is for plot reasons, but it still looks very un-cool.
I think its interesting that you went all out to defend the development of Naruto going around and saving other Kages with mere clones a few weeks ago, and now when its Naruto that gets saved by his allies, its suddenly “not cool”. I really don't know what else people expected to happen with Naruto's current opposition. It could've been worse though, at least he didn't get saved by someone's clone.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 16:10   Link #47
AvalonCode

@Jinchuuriki. I think all of us here pretty much surmised that Naruto and B werent going to win. 6 Jins vs 2 Jins @_@. Tobi is just to OP for just the two of them.

I stated this before. The only way Naruto is gonna be a match for Tobi is to use Hiraishin. I know that Naruto is super duper fast in his Kyuubi mode but lets face it Tobi has only gotton better at phasing in and out and that tech the Hiraishin 2.0 will be the answer to that lil nuisance.

What did U say?! I didn't think so
AvalonCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 16:19   Link #48
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
No idea where you see this. link?
Link to the image itself but not the manga page, for safety reasons.

I think that's the one Bombo meant, anyway.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 16:46   Link #49
GusGus

It's nice to see "real ninjas" again, instead of more bad dragon ball characters.
GusGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 17:03   Link #50
ntherblast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinchuurikiMaster View Post
There has been some failures too of course, for example when he fought Sasuke in Sasuke retrieval arc., and when he fought Sasuke in Sasuke and Sai arc....

He always seems to loose when he has to fight Sasuke Sasuke is so annoying, he is always just a little bit ahead of Naruto, and that is only because of his eye powers. He would have been helpless without it.
you can say the same about the 9 tails powers for naruto not that i care about naruto
ntherblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 18:20   Link #51
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus View Post
It's nice to see "real ninjas" again, instead of more bad dragon ball characters.
Totally agree.
Old 2011-12-07, 18:58   Link #52
White Silver King
The Isley

Quote:
I think Bee should be much more powerful, simply because his bijuu is stronger.
This bothered me. We have no indication that the number of tails = power level. Besides the Kybui (which is by far the most recognized on the beasts IRL and has the most tails so of course the main character would get it), there doesn't seem to be any pattern before that. Are you telling me you think Gaara is weaker than everyone single one of those Jins just because his Bjuu only has one tail? That's ridiculous. And Han, in his 5-tail form, was able to gore Hachibi in the head. Even more so, all we've really seen of the 7 tails (who, by your logic should be the next strongest after Bee) is her ability to fly and spit glitter. Hardly power trouncing that of the other Bijuu. Yagura is not only a perfect Jin but a Kage in his own right - and since we've been given no indication that the Hachibi>Sanbi based on the mere number of tails he should be enough for Bee (of course he won't for plot purposes but still).

As for Tobi's hand technique, I got the impression he was going to use the Rinnegan soul-stealing tech to rip out the Kyubi.

And I must say, I'm shocked at people's reactions. Yeah Naruto got a power-boost but do you honestly expect him to WTFPWN 6 Jinchuriki with Rinnegan and Sharingan!? His new form is powerful but it's entirely the result of ripping out his own Bijuu's chakra, which is only half of what it should be. The power/chakra of 6 beasts combined and then enhanced with the 2 most power dojutsu on the planet is obviously going to be greater than the halved chakra of one beast - even if it is the Kyubi. It's impressive enough he's alive, old Naruto (including Sennin Naruto) would have been absolutely slaughtered. Now that it's going to be approximately 2 on 1 I expect him to do much better since those are realistic odds.

Last edited by White Silver King; 2011-12-07 at 19:21.
White Silver King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 21:02   Link #53
AvalonCode

Quote:
This^ Good lawd. I was a fan when I was a kid but, I cant stomach it now.(DBZ)
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
And I must say, I'm shocked at people's reactions. Yeah Naruto got a power-boost but do you honestly expect him to WTFPWN 6 Jinchuriki with Rinnegan and Sharingan!? His new form is powerful but it's entirely the result of ripping out his own Bijuu's chakra, which is only half of what it should be. The power/chakra of 6 beasts combined and then enhanced with the 2 most power dojutsu on the planet is obviously going to be greater than the halved chakra of one beast - even if it is the Kyubi. It's impressive enough he's alive, old Naruto (including Sennin Naruto) would have been absolutely slaughtered. Now that it's going to be approximately 2 on 1 I expect him to do much better since those are realistic odds.
This^ Im shocked as well. As fast as Naruto is he just cant out wit or out maneuver Rinnegan/Sharingan combo. Rinnegan=6 paths can see basically in every direction and see chakra and has HAX techs. Sharingan=Can see what move you are about to make from the slightest muscle movement before you actually make a move. Naruto=Fail. Like he stated if it were maybe a 2 on 1 scenario then he MIGHT stand a chance but seeing as Naruto has just recently subdued his Bijuu and has yet to fully master this new mode of his I dont see how he is gonna pull this off. I agree with Hachibi; they should retreat for now.

What did U say?! I didn't think so
AvalonCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 21:18   Link #54
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Kakashi's entrance into this fight means we will see a Tobi is Obito revelation. It's obvious.
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 21:23   Link #55
iBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
This bothered me. We have no indication that the number of tails = power level.

I guess Kishi is giving his readers too much credit. How much more does it have to be dumbed down? And yes Gaara is weak. He was weak then, and even weaker now. Kimmimaro was giving this kid the business even with the beast still intact.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 04:28   Link #56
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Tobi's the only one who has acted like a ninja anyway, save for Danzo, Itachi, and possibly Kakashi when he was in Anbu.
Old 2011-12-08, 04:33   Link #57
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Didn't you take into account Itachi's lecture? That was a clear hint about what is to come, in the big picture Naruto has to become a person respected by all 5 countries, and also he must fight as part of a team, and as such he must raise beyond them and in the end make the difference. This situation seems to be set up for that, Naruto is inactive right now, preserving chakra, while more and more allies are coming to help him, so if in the last part of the fight they are saved by Naruto's power and good thinking that means they'll all begin to respect him.
yeah, but i felt it was mostly directed towards him not taking all the weight of the world and feeling the need to save everyone all the time. he wasted a good amount of chakra by making his clones run around and help others out, where he could have preserved it for this battle. instead he's preserving his chakra now when it matters the most? i know i said that naruto should be more of a team player and he should learn to rely more on his comrades but i feel that this battle is different. it's his and bee's. and he's not exactly alone, he has bee to rely on too. if they can't hold off some puppet jinchuuriki then what are they good for? i would have preferred it if they had found a way to retreat for the moment, gather their wits and come up with a counterattack. but instead they get their butts saved. i don't know, i guess i want to see a more mature naruto this time around. someone man enough to finish his battles or to admit defeat for the moment and fight another day.

Quote:
Actually, I'd say those boosts make them significanly better. Look at the trouble Naruto and Jiraiya went through with Pein whos bodies weren't as powerful as these, with only the Rinnegan.
but naruto was alone when he fought pain. he's not alone now. what is bee good for? i want to see some growth from him too. i still think their plan to get rid of the rinnegan is sound. if they could somehow take out the rinnegan they would at least have a shot, find a way to retreat or manage to defeat at least one of the edo jinchuuriki. but they couldn't do squat! that's what frustrates me. it's as if kishi hyped-up naruto and then brought him down again because the fans were complaining he was getting too over-powered. i don't claim that to be true but that's what it feels like to me. he's powerful enough to help out his comrades with their battles against powerful edo kage, but he can't do anything against his fellow jinchuuriki.
Old 2011-12-08, 07:21   Link #58
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
By real ninja you mean the one who make earth tremble under the shockwave of his fists or the one who can zap you out of this dimension by looking at you?
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 07:31   Link #59
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
By real ninja you mean the one who make earth tremble under the shockwave of his fists or the one who can zap you out of this dimension by looking at you?
And despite that, their hair is still the most unbelievable thing about them, ne?
Old 2011-12-08, 07:41   Link #60
james0246

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I think I am the only one who actually believed that Kirabi and Naruto could have defeated the Jinchuuriki by themselves. In fact, I strongly hoped and suspected that Kirabi would have done the task alone.

Individually, it's plain to see that none of the Jinchuuriki can match up to Kirabi or Naruto (just last chapter, they both, almost, defeated an individual Jinchuuriki within one or two moves), and despite the Rinnegan/Sharingan upgrades, I still suspect that either Naruto or Kirabi could have defeated 2-3 Jinchuuriki by themselves.

As it stands, Kirabi still has the Perfect Transformation (that he used against Kisame) that he can use, and Naruto can still use Sage Mode, so it's not like they were out of options. So, I'm kind of disappointed that Kishimoto sprung for backup before I felt there was any real need for backup.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion