AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-06-02, 03:10   Link #821
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Shifting to Heavy Object makes sense to me even if it's all about potential growth right now.
That's what anime adaptations of light novels are almost always about. Even I wasn't surprised when Heavy Object's anime was announced. Disappointed? Sure. But not surprised. It makes sense as a business decision.

I just wish Miki would stop baiting the fanbase about Index III (tries to erase painful 2014 Autumn Festival from head ).
Old 2015-06-02, 04:19   Link #822
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
After two tv series, a movie and an even more successful spinoff (which itself has received two tv series as well as an ova series....) I highly doubt an anime of old material would make much of a difference to its current sales. Also considering the drop off in sales from Railgun to S a 3rd Index anime will probably be sub 10k...

Shifting to Heavy Object makes sense to me even if it's all about potential growth right now.
That said, it'll be nice if they still do it like they did for Shana III- giving it a 'final' send off.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 05:10   Link #823
entei08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That said, it'll be nice if they still do it like they did for Shana III- giving it a 'final' send off.
Isn't that because the novel is already about to end at the time? Plus there's no way they can finish OT in 25 episodes. They would have to do it like Durarara.
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 06:37   Link #824
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Meh. I think Index III would be far more people than people give it credit for.

Keeping that in mind, I don't see any financial problems doing it. I expect it to be much more well-received than season I and II.

Furthermore, season III has ITEM which can draw in some Railgun S fans, and it also stars Hamazura which can draw in more fans. Not to mention Season III has Touma/Misaka seasons and is just far better than the first two seasons in general.

I honestly think that Index III would be financially far more successful than the first two seasons, so there's no reason to not produce a third season...

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )

Last edited by dniv; 2015-06-03 at 04:58.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 06:40   Link #825
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by entei08 View Post
Isn't that because the novel is already about to end at the time? Plus there's no way they can finish OT in 25 episodes. They would have to do it like Durarara.
Exactly, Durarara has set a precedence to allow for this possibility.
Old 2015-06-02, 06:46   Link #826
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Err, we're starting to drift away from the topic of the thread with all this anime talk. Let's cap off the discussion with "We still believe" and call it a day.
Old 2015-07-16, 00:34   Link #827
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Jul 6 - 12
*1. 56,549 *56,549 Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Vol.13

Good.

Last edited by ACertainStark; 2015-07-16 at 00:59.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 03:44   Link #828
SimoHalo
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to SimoHalo Send a message via AIM to SimoHalo Send a message via Yahoo to SimoHalo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Jul 6 - 12

Good.
Thank you Mikoto for the tsun shekels
SimoHalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 04:16   Link #829
mark1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Jul 6 - 12

Good.
That nice to hear, but i can have example like

what numbers are below average:

average sale number :

And high number sale:

please and thank you, dont know book sale in japan to be consider a sucess....hmmm what was NT 11 and 12 sale #, trying to remember them. All i remember that people told it was average but not good for index fan
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 05:34   Link #830
entei08

The sales are gradually declining. Off the top of my head NT9 did 77k in three days, same time period as this data. NT12 did 89k in six days. I guess like what some anon from 4ch said, people don't care enough about Index to buy it in the first few days anymore. The sales eventually level out to 130-140k no problems though.

I guess the ending to NT12 was not as tense as NT8 may also be a factor, but not a huge factor by any means. Even if the cover art was chosen for marketing reasons, it doesn't seem to be very effective at this point. People maybe more suspicious of stuff like this since there was the case with NT3 and NT7, again though no anime means less attention is the iron clad rule regarding sales. No amount of marketing tops that.
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 09:04   Link #831
zaikoi

Nt 12 was 148,223 in total.
Nt 13 seems to deproved a lot.

Oh well,let's wait for the total result for NT 13.
zaikoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 11:54   Link #832
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Well since its from 6th to 12th and book came out on the 10th so its only 2 days which isn't that bad
Old 2015-07-16, 14:06   Link #833
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by entei08 View Post
The sales are gradually declining. Off the top of my head NT9 did 77k in three days, same time period as this data. NT12 did 89k in six days. I guess like what some anon from 4ch said, people don't care enough about Index to buy it in the first few days anymore. The sales eventually level out to 130-140k no problems though.

I guess the ending to NT12 was not as tense as NT8 may also be a factor, but not a huge factor by any means. Even if the cover art was chosen for marketing reasons, it doesn't seem to be very effective at this point. People maybe more suspicious of stuff like this since there was the case with NT3 and NT7, again though no anime means less attention is the iron clad rule regarding sales. No amount of marketing tops that.
And on the annual total, it ends up to 150-170k. 50k+ is still a lot in the first few days, but the steady decline continues. Again, it's always an anime that'd reinvigorate further life into it. Stuff like plot is seemingly minimal.

I'm curious if NT13 will do better than NT12 by the end of the month.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 21:27   Link #834
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
That nice to hear, but i can have example like

what numbers are below average:

average sale number :

And high number sale:

please and thank you, dont know book sale in japan to be consider a sucess....hmmm what was NT 11 and 12 sale #, trying to remember them. All i remember that people told it was average but not good for index fan
Below 6k per vol and you might be in trouble.

If you sell more than 10k per vol you're safe.

More than 20k and you're good.

At the 50k mark you're living the dream.
Old 2015-07-17, 00:09   Link #835
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Below 6k per vol and you might be in trouble.

If you sell more than 10k per vol you're safe.

More than 20k and you're good.

At the 50k mark you're living the dream.
a little change here.
book under 5k is red zone.
6k-9k is norm for most general novel since this is break even point, which is to say, the company didn't make loss at this amount of sales.
anything reach over 10k is considered good sales
30k is the mark for popular series, and is likely concentrated on by publisher
50k or above is exceptional and is consider the publishers brand.

The problem with Index is, the series is too old already. The story is already over 10 years old and as a light novel, Index didn't get as much as exposure compare to onepiece

I take OP as example since the series is considered old as well and if we look at the sales in 2014(entire years)
1. One Piece 73 (3,010,801)
2. One Piece 74 (2,834,558)
3. One Piece 75 (2,698,071)
OP actually facing the same problem as Index, coupling with people just don't go and buy the books just when they release. for example, OP sales vol 63 break 2m in 4 days while vol 78 sales only more than 1,6m in entire weeks. And Manga is considered to have far more marketing exposure compare to LN which only appear fews months apart.

as far as Index goes, it probably goes back to it usual 140-150k by the month's end.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-17, 02:50   Link #836
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
book under 5k is red zone.
6k-9k is norm for most general novel since this is break even point, which is to say, the company didn't make loss at this amount of sales.
anything reach over 10k is considered good sales
30k is the mark for popular series, and is likely concentrated on by publisher
50k or above is exceptional and is consider the publishers brand.
In the first week or cumulative?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-17, 03:18   Link #837
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Both first-week and cumulative sales say something about the material.

High first-week figures usually represent the loyal fanbase of the series, the ones who preorder or won't miss the release date for their desired series. Steady decrease is a natural process, and the bestsellers often maintain a more gradual decline than less famous ones.

Cumulative sales, on the other hand, can show the ripples made by the loyal fans and often represents the feedback of the loyal fans to the volume. Cautious buyers usually look to blogs and other sites for feedback (like Trigger-Happy End for Index/Railgun), and will buy the volume if they hear good things about it. Since this figure depends on time more than anything, it should be good until the next volume comes, which varies depending on the release schedule.

The only thing that can cause steep changes in both figures are anime series adaptations.

Quote:
First week, definitely.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-17, 03:38   Link #838
The One Above God
Kamijou

Imagine how much Index novels would sell in the first few days if it gets an anime again...*shudders*

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-17, 03:46   Link #839
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

There is a factor called "barrier of entry", though. Long-running series usually don't get that much of a boost if an anime adapts the latter parts of a long (Index at 22+13 volumes) or thick (Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon at more than 20 volumes that are thicker than Index) source. From what I remember, only Horizon seems to fall under those LNs that experience steep changes in sales before and after the anime.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-17, 07:58   Link #840
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
1st week and monthly, below 5k = axed since the company making loss at that number. 6-20k is norm for most series.

as far as anime goes, i'm not too sure. It's depend i guess. But it's doubtful whether we could get season 3 or not, fact is, while it's true that's Index is on the decline, it's sales is still topping most of the popular new series nowadays, even Oregairu only have like 120k with anime boost.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote