AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-05-07, 04:31   Link #101
Echizen777

Parade, Molecular Divider, Muspelheim, some lightning/plasma magic, HMB, she didn't show a lot of magics actually.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 04:51   Link #102
Armando99

Tatsuya didn't show a lot as well.

As long as those have a magic sequence, Tatsuya can counter them.

Someone said that an opponent can just snipe on Tats at long distance but Tats can also snipe.
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 05:29   Link #103
TheLaG

The main point, Tatsuya is not 100% time on guard, that showed volume 6, when he was sniped by sniper. Same can be with Lina, but with Brioniac and HMB, she can kill him, only need to hit his head.

Why Lina lost to Tatsuya, because she waited for him in park, and Close combat, Tatsuya is more powerful.
TheLaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 05:51   Link #104
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaG View Post
The main point, Tatsuya is not 100% time on guard, that showed volume 6, when he was sniped by sniper. Same can be with Lina, but with Brioniac and HMB, she can kill him, only need to hit his head.

Why Lina lost to Tatsuya, because she waited for him in park, and Close combat, Tatsuya is more powerful.
The only reason that sniper was able to get a shot on Tatsuya is because he didn't use magic and was more than a 1000 meters away. Even then, Tatsuya was able to react.

As long as the person is using magic, there's no way they can snipe Tatsuya without him detecting. Besides, don't forget that Tatsuya already evaded her HMB once when she tried "sniping" him from afar with it.

By the way, we don't know if hitting Tatsuya's head would really kill him. The existence of the Parasites more than proves that it's possible to cast magic without a brain. We'll need to wait to see the real limit of "Regrowth".
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 06:38   Link #105
TheLaG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
The only reason that sniper was able to get a shot on Tatsuya is because he didn't use magic and was more than a 1000 meters away. Even then, Tatsuya was able to react.

As long as the person is using magic, there's no way they can snipe Tatsuya without him detecting. Besides, don't forget that Tatsuya already evaded her HMB once when she tried "sniping" him from afar with it.

By the way, we don't know if hitting Tatsuya's head would really kill him. The existence of the Parasites more than proves that it's possible to cast magic without a brain. We'll need to wait to see the real limit of "Regrowth".
I don't think about "evaded", more like he was forced, I think, second, the speed of bullet is slower than HMB magic (principle, same as Tatsuyas new magic), can you say Tatsuya can evade something like this? Even from distance like 10 km, it's 1 ms of time, you can't do anything in that span of time, even if you detect magic, nerv system speed is MUCH slower!

Spoiler for Tatsuyas magic properties:
Old 2015-05-07, 06:46   Link #106
Armando99

So why then can Tatsuya decompose the bullets coming at him during the insurrection arc?
Old 2015-05-07, 07:39   Link #107
TheLaG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando99 View Post
So why then can Tatsuya decompose the bullets coming at him during the insurrection arc?
Because he was ready for them, he made Decomposition field for this, as well as decomposing bullets in Yokohoma incident. Same thing he could do in chapter 6 when he was sniped, but he did not know there would be sniper, so there was no field.
Old 2015-05-07, 07:56   Link #108
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaG View Post
I don't think about "evaded", more like he was forced, I think, second, the speed of bullet is slower than HMB magic (principle, same as Tatsuyas new magic), can you say Tatsuya can evade something like this? Even from distance like 10 km, it's 1 ms of time, you can't do anything in that span of time, even if you detect magic, nerv system speed is MUCH slower!

Spoiler for Tatsuyas magic properties:
I think you need to re-read the novel:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol 11 Chapter 13
However in the present interval, the distance of sixty meters was spanned in less than two
milliseconds.
Now, just do the math. It would take more time to reach him the longer Lina tried to shoot from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol 11 Chapter 13
As her first shot had reduced his right arm to cinders, he interrupted Gram Dispersion in order to
avoid receiving greater damage; if he destroyed the information that coalesced it into a beam,
the plasma would disperse.
Tatsuya would be able to shoot down HMB at that distance before it reached him, when they were just tens of meters away from each other. The only problem was the dispersion of the plasma.

Do you really think he wouldn't be able to negate her magic if their distance were to be greater? And don't forget, Tatsuya is the only person capable of accurately shooting magic from a distance of more than 1 km. Really, wanting a sniping contest with Tatsuya is beyond foolish.

By the way, you want to talk about ms? Here then:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol 9 Chapter 7
The distance between the masked magician and Tatsuya was approximately 15m. The
subsonic bullets fired from that suppressed gun, which emphasised stealth, would take 0.05s to
reach him.

That was almost the same as instantaneously.
However, the time after being enhanced with Data Fortification would be even less.
Tatsuya clearly is capable of doing such feats.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 08:34   Link #109
TheLaG

Quote:
Volume 10

Far away, in the center of a roadway shrouded in darkness.
Floating leisurely in the street light, with deep crimson hair and golden eyes.
Something cane-like was pointed in this direction, the masked magician,
‘Angelina Sirius’ was looking at Tatsuya with a gaze of invitation.
Sniping from LONG RANGE! And Tatsuya didn't know she was THERE!
And how he was able to feel it?

Quote:
Volume 10

He must thank him for his assistance, as he took his third step towards Naotusgu, an intense sense of danger assaulted Tatsuya.
Naotsugu probably sensed it as well. Tatsuya hit the deck and Naotsugu raised his kodachi almost simultaneously.
Afterwards, a shining ray attacked Naotsugu.
Clearly 6th sense Will he be able to do each time?

Quote:
Volume 11

The beam just now was as fast as the speed of light. Which was far
faster than the speed of sound which is why lightning is seen before
thunder is heard. The speed of light is probably about a hundred times
the speed of sound.
That is what I say, she can do it! She don't need to just use it as small ray gun, don't forget:
Quote:
It’s not just being condensed. The effective range.....the scope of the dissemination is also being controlled.
So she can make ray like 5-10 meter wide, and with the speed of Plasma, it's hard to do anything! And if Tatsuya is not on guard, well... same as his arm...

The Main weakness of this weapon, it's need time to prepare shot, if this is seen, then you can probably survive. And to see how this weapon works, Tatsuya went to Lina directly, and was lucky at some point when received plasma beam from weapon head on.

p/s I already said, why sniper must fight in close range combat?
Old 2015-05-07, 09:21   Link #110
expertsource

by the way, can lina penetrate phalanx with her brinioc?
expertsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 10:12   Link #111
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by expertsource View Post
by the way, can lina penetrate phalanx with her brinioc?
Yes, she can. Tatsuya didn't coincidentally use it as a reference for his Baryon Lance.
Old 2015-05-07, 12:12   Link #112
ProxyAccount

Without such an overwhelming, precision magic attack, a duel against something like Phalanx would be a matter of attrition, if the Magician has a comparable Psion Pool to Tatsuya. After all, Material Burst would surely not be a permissible attack in any situation, save that of national security.
ProxyAccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 20:46   Link #113
tuckersister

I wonder if Lina will learn a lot more Tatsuya than she thinks in Vol 17.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 22:43   Link #114
Armando99

I'm sure she will.

They are fairly close even after everything that happened between them. Just go back to the time of their parting.
Old 2015-05-09, 13:08   Link #115
expertsource

i remember precisely, someone said that when lina returns, she will return as a friend of tatsuya because tatsuya is shiva and lina is (don't remember). first both them fight then she return as a friend of shiva not as an enemy. i remember this very clearly.
so, i think lina is returning due to the event at 10tm

Last edited by expertsource; 2015-05-09 at 13:10. Reason: edited
expertsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 14:14   Link #116
Armando99

I think rather than the 10MC, she is after the anti-magician group and Black Sage is apparently one of the leaders (he could be the leader).

It is entirely possible that the USNA found out about the intended attack of the Black Sage against the 10MC so they are sending her and others to prevent/stop it. The imminent destruction of the core of the 10MC could change the power balance in Asia which would be detrimental to the USNA.

After all, Japan serves as the buffer between USNA and the GAA.
Old 2015-05-09, 20:01   Link #117
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by expertsource View Post
i remember precisely, someone said that when lina returns, she will return as a friend of tatsuya because tatsuya is shiva and lina is (don't remember). first both them fight then she return as a friend of shiva not as an enemy. i remember this very clearly.
so, i think lina is returning due to the event at 10tm
Lina is Kali.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 03:44   Link #118
Armando99

In what way. There are various representations of Kali.
Old 2015-07-13, 01:52   Link #119
Kadia

I found it strange that Minoru can use "Parade" more effective than Lina. Think about it Lina constantly handles the military duty as a frontline magician. She should have a higher chance to accumulate the battle experiences (of Parade application) and hence have gradually improved her parade. In contrast, Minoru has to stay in bed at least a quarter of year due to his poor constitution. The book doesn't state much about his fieldworks for Kudou but considering his naivety and how innocent his reactions are, i hardly to believe that Retsu will let him undertake high risks job.

Also, i can't imagine Minoru's talent is superior to Lina's. In order to better use Parade than Lina Minoru probably did a lot of close door training
Kadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-13, 02:15   Link #120
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadia View Post
I found it strange that Minoru can use "Parade" more effective than Lina. Think about it Lina constantly handles the military duty as a frontline magician. She should have a higher chance to accumulate the battle experiences (of Parade application) and hence have gradually improved her parade. In contrast, Minoru has to stay in bed at least a quarter of year due to his poor constitution. The book doesn't state much about his fieldworks for Kudou but considering his naivety and how innocent his reactions are, i hardly to believe that Retsu will let him undertake high risks job.

Also, i can't imagine Minoru's talent is superior to Lina's. In order to better use Parade than Lina Minoru probably did a lot of close door training
It is a matter of talent, they are from the same clan but they have different aptitudes, that's normal, Minoru received magic training. His Parade is better than hers but she is faster etc, risky jobs don't change the talent you are born with, it makes you more accustomed to battle situations, Miyuki is the same. Though based only on the few chapters where he fought, I think Minoru acts much more like a fighter than Lina and many other characters known.