AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-29, 14:51   Link #21
S_C_L-1

hmmm, all good theorys, but i cant help wonder......... is there a treasure of ANY kind? even a symbolic one?

i wonder because... when he told the crowd, he was and smiling... and not the kind of grin that really inspires confidence... a big joke perhaps?

or, since all storys are based off real life in one way or another, i have another theory...

im not quite sure which city it was... (somewhere in the middle-east) The king of said country had a treasury FILLED with gold... and he would only take 1 handfull a day out of it. As it turns out, ALL of the gold in the treasury was used to build the city... so the entire city is considered the "treasure".
Old 2006-09-29, 16:59   Link #22
DrFuko

WELL, DUH GUYS....

The One Piece is a one piece bathing suit, and we will all treasure when robin or nami puts it on.

Thank you and enjoy your evening.
Old 2006-09-29, 17:10   Link #23
chucky
Always impatient

Remember in the manga (and of cuz anime), we have a old man stuck in a treasure chest? I always wonder why Oda suddenly put this short "arc" there, but my guess is, is that a hint on what one piece is? ;P Which means, One Piece doesnt really exist, but in the process of searching it, you got a bunch of friends....
Old 2006-09-29, 18:34   Link #24
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky
Remember in the manga (and of cuz anime), we have a old man stuck in a treasure chest? I always wonder why Oda suddenly put this short "arc" there, but my guess is, is that a hint on what one piece is? ;P Which means, One Piece doesnt really exist, but in the process of searching it, you got a bunch of friends....
thats actually a very good point... Oda likes to hint at stuff wayyy in advance.
Old 2006-09-30, 01:38   Link #25
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky
Yes, I think that's what it is too. I think One Piece is not the treasure, but the things you obtain while looking for the treasure.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2006-09-30, 08:34   Link #26
CaptaaaaainUsopp
BraveWarrioroftheSea

One Piece can never end

that's very true because the bond they are building in the quest is worth more than any gold. Rogers knew this and I'm sure he was very sentimental as is his descendant Luffy, but still he had to have had quite a treasure being the Pirate King.

Last edited by CaptaaaaainUsopp; 2006-09-30 at 08:59.
Old 2006-10-10, 08:29   Link #27
RonaldC

I think the moment they find One Piece, so will all the pirates in Luffy's crew have achieved their dreams.

Someone should look for a Japanese direct translation of "One Piece" to try and look for a clue.
Old 2007-05-13, 06:31   Link #28
Foss

What do you think about the " he resembles you when you were young, doesnt he, Roger" remark by the lighthouse guy at the Grand line entrance, you know with the big fish pounding the wall.

not sure those are the words exactly, but hes talking to someone who's really visible and who's called roger.

maybe one piece is a device to control time/cloning mechanism,
roger is still alive ? =)
Old 2007-05-18, 06:37   Link #29
comixA

hmm .. i believe one piece is indeed the ultimate treasure founded by the late pirate king gold roger. and the most likely reason he told everyone (before he died):" to search for one piece at the grand line " is that he may have found one piece , but he's leaving them there in one piece, just for us find it !!
Old 2007-07-27, 23:03   Link #30
gencbiba

The way the story is going now, this anime will probably end after episode 1000. I personally can't complain.

As for One Piece, maybe it's this place where all the gold from not only Roger's travels, but also other pirates before him lies. I also wonder if there's any civilization near One Piece. During the earlier episodes, the story made it seem like Grand Line was unknown but the Marines are there anyway so what was so unknown? Maybe the Marines are also close to One Piece but just don't know it?

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
Old 2007-07-29, 23:13   Link #31
onepiecelover

Or one piece is just a ploy created by Roger to get people interested in piracy
Just my two cents ^_^
Old 2007-08-02, 06:21   Link #32
shadowyondaime
Sponsor: Naughty Konoha!

Send a message via MSN to shadowyondaime
I think one piece Is something that we wont expect or somethign that doesnt have a real price but only a meaning.... maybe one piece isnt even something maybe its only a meaning that you have achieved something. One piece of the world, the biggest adventure in the whole world or just that you have crossed all of the grand line.
Old 2007-08-03, 20:31   Link #33
EphiamOricuna
Serpeant Of Lore

I agree with those who said that there was no treasure. It was just about looking for said trasure and having an adventure while doing so. The new bonds you make with people, making new friends, etc. Just the experience.

If someone like Buggy found that out I would say that they'd be pretty pissed =P
Old 2007-08-11, 08:32   Link #34
OMG_Zerg_Rush

What if one piece is realy what it is, one small piece of gold ,Roger was flat broke at the end...
________
Fxr150

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 15:02.
Old 2007-08-13, 17:35   Link #35
shadowyondaime

I would laugh so hard if its just a paper at the end of the sea saying your PUNKD hahah xD ye i know ehe yea im lame X D
Old 2007-08-28, 18:12   Link #36
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

i like the one where that guy said one piece is just a ploy to get people interested in piracy but i highly doubt that still. of course there is going to be his treasure at raftel (gold) but there will also probably be something of sentimental value their too. oh also it was stated that the secret to the devil fruits was at raftel too.
Old 2007-08-29, 15:07   Link #37
shadowyondaime

I think one piece is what makes a treasure worth something. Why is one piece onthe last island of the grand line maybe to make you go to there by protecting your nakama and ur belongings and all that and when u actually reach raftel you wont be needing the treasure on the island because you already owned the whole place.

or its just a game of capture the flag T3T.
Old 2008-03-22, 16:29   Link #38
ModokiBunny
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
Ok, this is still all theories until we get closer to the end, but based on some recent facts that I've been thinking about on my drives to and from work I may have at least a partial answer as to what One Piece is. First, let's go over the facts.

1. Robin has been talking about the "True History" but instead has been finding "clue history" and "true history". In each case the history in question refered to an ancient super weapon of some kind lost to time.

2. In SkyPie Robin found a clue stone that lead to a rather nasty ancient super weapon that belonged to the Cydarians (sp?). Although she only found a "clue history" stone it pointed to the weapon's existance. Gol D. Roger had already gotten the real stone and very likely the weapon itself. In Arabasta she found a true history stone that DID tell of a super weapon of old. Two identical stones with the same kind of info on them. Also, she mentioned that other stones all contained about the same thing. IE my point in #1.

3. Gol D. Roger has been to every single place of the "True History" stones and either recovered the stones themselves or the item the stone refers to. I can't 100% prove this fact, but there's a lot of info pointing to this being the case.

This now leads to point #4.

4. With the previous 3 in mind, this would lead me to believe that "One Piece" is one of 5 possible things.
a. A fully assembled ancient "super weapon".
b. A control device for said item a, or item c.
c. A collection of the most powerful ancient super weapons of history.
d. The "True History".
e. Some combination of the above.
What do you guys think? Wouldn't it stand to reason that this may be true??
In my opinion, i honestly think its neither.

Gol D. Roger always talks about leaving all of his treasure at some place, and all of it is kept in one piece. This is more of a riddle to startle the viewers and stupify the pirates (since pirates really have no education, only lust for power and etc.)

My explanation is going to be quite long so bear with me...

I am using references to explain what i honestly believe the One Piece treasure is.

WHAT IS THE ONE PIECE exactly to me:

Roger's ship and everything on it ( his legacy, treasures captured, jacket, compass, maps, documents, and etc.) all kept in good condition and in one piece over the many decades.

First proof of my theory is with a English privateer named Woodes Rogers, Gol D Roger's reference, who succeeded in capturing the rich prize of a Manila galleon in 1710.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manila_Galleon

Manilla Galleons was considered the largest ships of the 16-17th century, which could hold approx. 1,000 men.

And i go on......

I believe Gol D. Roger turned himself in to give all pirates in that world an opportunity to find that treasure. Besides, to the pirates Gol D. Roger is well known and of course anything that Gol owns is pretty much super valuable.

Reason: He possibly had the idea of "having it all" was boring.
There is absolutely no way in my opinion that Garp cornered and captured Roger on his own, where it could have been word of mouth.
The Admirals love to edit stories for the marines and the rest of the world to hear.

Final words: Besides, to a captain their ship is their most precious treasure right? Picturing luffy wearing Roger's red captain jacket would be surely interesting....
Old 2008-04-29, 05:04   Link #39
mtarzaim

What can be shared amongst everyone, but still stay in one piece ?
My answer (like many others before me ^^ ) : friendship !

Have you ever wonder how the marines captured the mighty Gol D Roger ?

My bet :
What is resting at the end of the Grand Line ?
The tombstones of Roger's nakamas.
He unveiled world's greatest mysteries (hidden history being one of them), but it costed his crew life.
With nothing else remaining, he finally let himself get caught.
Amused by the crown's obsession for his so-called treasure, he claims that to find it, they have to go to grand line.

There is certainly a lot behind the legend of Gold Roger, as the Skypiea Arc revealed about the Liar Explorer.

Old 2008-04-30, 23:52   Link #40
Jeiku

The One Piece better not turn out to be something like "memories of a lifetime" or "the power of friendship". As sentimental as that may be or whatnot, it's also horrendously predictable and would be useless considering the entire Straw Hat crew has already faced harsh trials of friendship and are not strangers to the concept. Besides, didn't the first movie already do something to that extent? An ending like that to what could eventually become a 1,000+ chapter (not exactly an exaggeration by the way, since One Piece is likely about halfway over) story would be clichéd and - let's admit it - a huge let-down.

...Though I have to say I really have no clue on what it could be. I don't want it to turn out to be a huge pile of treasure, either. But you know, the True History having some involvement in what One Piece really is isn't such a bad guess.
Closed Thread