AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-01-02, 02:39   Link #1
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Worst anime of 2005

Because the "Best anime" thread was revived and this one wasn't.

The worst for me this year was AIR TV. Probably not actually the worst anime of 2005, but certainly the most catastrophically overrated one. I've never seen such tripe be hailed as something wonderful, since, well honestly since George W. Bush, so not very long. A story that's sole purpose seems to be to justify saying the words "dream," "wings," "wish," and "sky;" twee characters that don't really act like people; and animation that is, while great, wasted entirely on animating the characters' fucking hair.

In fewer words, it's a show that's good only on a shallow level. It looks good, and the convoluted plot makes you think it's "deep."

And a last word before the neg reps start pouring in, at least have the balls to leave your username in the comments.
Old 2006-01-02, 02:47   Link #2
jedinat

Ichigo 100%

I sat through the first 10 episodes, and finally gave it up. It's got to be pretty pathetic for me to give it up with only 2 episodes remaining.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 02:53   Link #3
MasafumiGotoh

I didn't seem to like the mainstream Mai-Hime. The ending was a downfall. I wished everyone stayed dead not reborn. Oh wait was it 2005 or 2004. Well it ended in 2005.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas
And a last word before the neg reps start pouring in, at least have the balls to leave your username in the comments.
I concur.
MasafumiGotoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 03:46   Link #4
froinlaven
Wanchu!

Koi Koi 7 was the only anime I stopped watching in the first 5 minutes.
froinlaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 04:13   Link #5
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

It's not a ranking I'm particularly happy to vote into, but for 2005 I have to mention "Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-Chan", way off exaggerated, sycho and disgusting imho.
I've seen it all and I rated it 5.0/10 which lastly it's one of my lowest rating for an anime ... It can't be helped though, just a matter of tastes I guess :-/
Old 2006-01-02, 08:34   Link #6
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Jinki:Extend for terminal failure of execution. I mean, how is it you can have a good story, adequate action, engrossing characters and some of the best people possible to portray them and the end result is crap. Made me want to shoot the storyboard and director for this show.

To this day I am still wondering how Amaenai de Yo got another season >_<. I'm betting followers of the faith will find this show throughly offensive. Anyway, confirms my suspicion that Mai Nakahara has been typecasted as the awkward girlfriend [twin sister, nun, right hand, overpowered mahou shoujo, transvestite, ect...].
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 10:00   Link #7
Bracken33

I stopped watching He is my master after 1.5 episodes. I am regretting it a bit, because I missed the introduction of the violent lesbian . But I could not stand the other characters and the imho not so funny humor any longer.
Bracken33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 10:26   Link #8
CrYsYs
殺害

Quote:

The worst for me this year was AIR TV. Probably not actually the worst anime of 2005, but certainly the most catastrophically overrated one. I've never seen such tripe be hailed as something wonderful, since, well honestly since George W. Bush, so not very long. A story that's sole purpose seems to be to justify saying the words "dream," "wings," "wish," and "sky;" twee characters that don't really act like people; and animation that is, while great, wasted entirely on animating the characters' fucking hair.

In fewer words, it's a show that's good only on a shallow level. It looks good, and the convoluted plot makes you think it's "deep."

I totally agree, I've heard LOTS of AIR and when I watched the first few episodes, I felt that feeling like "OMG whens this episode gonna end?!" I didn't really get what went on in AIR, and seemed really....weird.
CrYsYs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 10:42   Link #9
Mephisto2k
anime4life

Air was in deed wierd. but it was worth watching because of the unique animation and this very wierdness. The sidecharacters seemed not like real humans or something. maybe their roles were ment symbolic or something. and their just jump in mainthemes for no reason. In the beginning it was the search for the girl in the end it was just some "tresure your family" kinda thing. Often i failed to see connections. who knows...maybe it was even an unique bizzare symbolic kinda serie like serial experiments lain, but i daubt that.
Mephisto2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 10:58   Link #10
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Negima!

if i am correct it was from last year lol, the paitstyle was childlike, it wasnt like the manga, it had no hook at all and annoying music

let alone sometimes the bodies didnt look right either!

it could have been soo much beter!
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 12:37   Link #11
bayoab

FullMetal Alchemist Movie: Now, I hated the TV series, but at least was never as bad and disappointing as this. The movie was just fanservice toward the TV watchers and had one of the worst contrived plots ever. Even some fans of the TV series absolutely hated this. The production staff must have seriously been thinking: "Hey, lets make a FMA movie, make a trailer which only has scenes from the first 5 minutes, have it make no sense, get lots of cash, and get away before the fans realize what is going on, oh, and lets throw in nazi's for the cherry on top.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 12:46   Link #12
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Jinki Extend was a big steaming pile of poo. I can't believe I watched the whole series ugh.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 13:04   Link #13
Apekatt
Monkeycat

In my opinion, Negima. It fails so hard when compared to the manga. They should remake the entire anime and make it follow the manga storyline completly. >__>
Apekatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 14:33   Link #14
Ilpalazzo-sama

Quote:

Hehe...AIR TV is probably one of the bests in 2005 IMO...anyways....
Koi Koi 7....watched a few minutes and it was enough to delete it.
Lamune...I don't know, it can be just me....it was just way too sloooooooooow for me.
Ilpalazzo-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 14:56   Link #15
ForeverGoNe
Inflammation

Ilpalazzo, we've got good tastes :P.

IMHO, AIR TV is probably one of the best in 2005.

Koi Koi 7 seemed good at first and the ecchi content was inviting unaware that it was a horrible disaster.
ForeverGoNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 18:37   Link #16
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I wouldn't rate AIR as the worst, but it was indeed overrated. The story felt rushed and there were some awkward scenes. The ending was... a bummer, That's the only way I can explain it. I still rank Kanon over AIR. Also my favourite character Minagi got shafted to what, only 3 episodes?

The game was better.

Let's see, the worst anime of 2005. Hard to say since most of the shows I thought were going to be crap I avoided alltogether.

Well I think I'd rank Futakoi Alternative somewhere in there but I didn't finish the whole thing so I don't know if it really improved.

Gundam SEED Destiny was perhaps one of the worst I've seen, and it hurt because I knew it could've been better. The pitiful attempt at an epilogue (After Phase Plus) didn't help either.
Old 2006-01-02, 19:35   Link #17
Greenish Growth

Well..like I said earlier, I don't like saying "worst anime".

But these are the anime of 2005 that were the "most unpleasant and/or disappointing" for me personally out of the episodes that I did see:

1. Limeiru Ryuukitan
2. Koi Koi Seven
3. Amaenai de yo!!
4. Kidou Shisengumi Moeyo Ken TV
5. Okusama wa Joushi Kousei
6. Lamune
7. Da Capo ~ Second Graduation
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 20:53   Link #18
Mr. Shabaz
Lazy Member

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shabaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by froinlaven
Koi Koi 7 was the only anime I stopped watching in the first 5 minutes.
I second that. This show's stupidity was topped only by one other show this year... Ultimate Girl.
Mr. Shabaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 21:05   Link #19
ayyo

Ultimate Girl is suppose to be stupid since it makes fun of/parodies those type of anime. Well I enjoyed it, not to the level of other parodies like Pani Poni Dash! but it was watchable since I watched those shows before.

Negima wasn't bad or that bad if you watched the anime before the manga.

AIR TV, is a little overhyped, but its not bad. The problem here is that people are watching it when they aren't the type for it. A better example is a mecha/drama hater watching a Gundam series just to check what all the hype is about and later ranting about how god awful it was. Or someone who hates sports watching a sport game because they want to see what everyone is talking about. No matter what, the end result is that you'll still hate it since you're watching something that isn't suitable for your taste. Maybe a 1% offchance you will grow to like it.

Anyway, the worse of the worse of 2005 is hands down Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED DESTINY. Lets introduced an angst filled hero in beginning. We give him some backstory, a shiny new Gundam, give a second chance to Arthun, a harem for Arthun, and a potential to make something good out of it. Then lets reintroduce Thunder God Kira who can disable 46 people without taking their cockpit all at once, control DRAGOON, stretch hand out to Lacus, and take down the 'Final Boss' all before dinner. Oh and the angst filled hero in the beginning now develops into an even more angst filled hero in the end.

Last edited by ayyo; 2006-01-02 at 21:17.
ayyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 23:59   Link #20
Aristophanes
I have returned

Send a message via MSN to Aristophanes
I hated Ichigo 100% but found it strongly addcitive at he same time.
One of those shows which you love to hate.
Aristophanes is offline   Reply With Quote