AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-01-15, 01:26   Link #28581
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
So I finished two chapters of my story and didn't put them up here until now. Yay me.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6307776/2/Section_Thirteen

Nanya makes me kinda look bad.
It's okay.

*pat pat*

I didn't update at all today. (Today being since I woke up until i go to sleep.)

So...

yeah...

A whole day with no updates.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 01:59   Link #28582
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Don't worry about it too much. As of late Nanya's made everyone here look bad.
Old 2011-01-15, 02:32   Link #28583
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
So I finished two chapters of my story and didn't put them up here until now. Yay me.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6307776/2/Section_Thirteen

Nanya makes me kinda look bad.
It's a nice story, and I found the characters quite memorable . One of the villains reminds me of the Illusive Man

I expect that the next chapter would be explosive? Especially from a particularly loose captain?

Spoiler for Comment::

PS: It's been awhile since I last read this, so forgive me if it turns out I'm asking the obvious or already answered in-story...
Old 2011-01-15, 11:54   Link #28584
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Oh, and I haven't orphaned Unit Epsilon back from the earlier chapters when Celica and company went to Earth. We ought to hear from them at the beginning of Chapter 8.

The way you say that both worries and intrigues me.
Old 2011-01-15, 12:08   Link #28585
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I wanted to make more use of them in false light, but being Earthlings, they don't have an easy way to move from world to world like the Bureau types do. But they aren't being orphaned; they've got one last hurrah in false light, then they'll become a major part of what comes after the story.

A story about the TSAB inducting the planet as an administrated world.

(You know it had to happen after NSIS found out they were using magic in some widespread way!)
Old 2011-01-15, 14:19   Link #28586
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

So, to make it up for not posting yesterday, how about a longer post than usual?

New

Shine Parts 1-10

Shine Part 11

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Shine Part 12:

Spoiler for Comments:

Old 2011-01-15, 14:40   Link #28587
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Well, you can always just skip ahead in the timeline. They've already been "doing it" in false light!
Easy way out. Besides, somehow, it just screws with my inner sense of continuity to write a sequence past the current main story in Shadowverse where everything is okay. It's like, I can't imagine a point beyond where I am right now in the 'verse because I'm still in the middle of trying to get Lutecia there first.
Old 2011-01-15, 14:44   Link #28588
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Easy way out. Besides, somehow, it just screws with my inner sense of continuity to write a sequence past the current main story in Shadowverse where everything is okay. It's like, I can't imagine a point beyond where I am right now in the 'verse because I'm still in the middle of trying to get Lutecia there first.
I am well aware of this, which is one of the biggest reasons why I haven't written Lutecia and Vivio do anything so much as hug (though I suppose I can have them kiss "on screen" since you've also done so many times).

This is your deal. Write the fluffy stuff. And after teasing your fanbase enough, let the two of them reach home base.

I'll just keep writing Lutecia and Vivio beating the crap out of befriending people!
Old 2011-01-15, 15:04   Link #28589
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
Spoiler for More MD:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
Spoiler for Episode sixty something of Material Days:
It looks like we're building up to one hell of a fight scene here, I guess that it's finally time to see what the Azure Grimoire can do huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
So, to make it up for not posting yesterday, how about a longer post than usual?

New

Shine Parts 1-10

Shine Part 11

Spoiler for Comments:
I wonder what would have happened if Lina had gone through this kind of training when she was younger.
Mizetto is definatly right though, the assault mode armour is not the kind of thing you use in a friendly training session, imagine the faces of some of the other recruits after seeing a performance like that.
She has probably already made a reputation for herself five minutes after arriving.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 15:13   Link #28590
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
In which emotion once more causes me to produce a piece that will probably make no sense to anyone, even me. I found out today that my third grade teacher--a woman who personally tutored me throughout middle school and stayed involved in my life even after I left her class--lost her son. He was feeling sick. We got the call a couple hours ago.

Spoiler for Interaction:
Sweet ending .

That kind of concentration would be nice for whoever she was concentrating so hard on ...

Quote:
CHAPTER 7 BITCHES

YEAAAAAAHHHHH

Okay so yeah, this doesn't actually explain everything that made people go ? in chapter 6. It just got too big and there's too many things going on!

So yeah. Read. Enjoy. Etc.

false light
a false light casts a darker Shadow...

Spoiler for Chapter 7:

Spoiler for author's notes:
Quote:
But it was only Celica Iris-Lynnfield who had been kidnapped, and only two Shadows and a research assistant cared enough to risk their lives for her.
Ah, the best line in this chapter by far. It really goes into the idea of how most shows focus on characters who have many friends/family who would care if they got in trouble, but here you have someone who isn't much different than any run-of-the-mill techie or mook, and yet even those people have people who care about them too.

The way that Vivio and Fate interacted here was great, we see how professional and personal actions get lumped together despite the fact that both of them are trying to keep it business. Really, they can't help it, and in real life it makes sense to use those connections just out of pragmatism. And it was cute to see Vivio fly and glomp her mother right after such a tense debate!

Lutecia's mixed feelings about Jail interested me--it certainly adds a fascinating angle to how Lutecia might feel about the whole JS Incident, since I would have thought that she'd dislike Jail for using her and for using Vivio. But clearly it looks more complicated than that. And Jail is a Large Ham, as always , and you wrote that really well.

All these fan-speculations about the nature of Al-Hazard is so fun to see...hopefully the Nanoha writers don't ruin our fun by one day writing a story showing us what Al-Hazard is really like!
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 15:14   Link #28591
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
That kind of concentration would be nice for whoever she was concentrating so hard on ...
Consider it something Vivio can look forward to and fully appreciate once she turns eighteen.
Old 2011-01-15, 15:26   Link #28592
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Consider it something Vivio can look forward to and fully appreciate once she turns eighteen.
LOL, I had been totally leading with my comment, eh? XD

Quote:
That kind of concentration would be nice for whoever whatever she was concentrating so hard on...
I wonder if that would help my plausible denial of having been implying anything?
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 15:56   Link #28593
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Jailed Jail was by far the most fun part of the chapter to write. I had to be careful not to let the interrogation go on too long because it was too fun to write his dialogue!

Sorry to disappoint, but Chapter 8 won't have much action, either... major events will be taking place. The Administrative Council will convene its emergency session, and Lindy will drop a bomb that she hopes will deflect the Council's ire away from NSIS. This major revelation will lead into what happens after false light ends...

... which will be my next big fic, about the TSAB inducting Earth as an administrated world, a less grimdark story than false light. Not sure if false light characters will be in it in any major fashion--I still haven't entirely decided how to end the current fic.

But expect Hayate to be a major character in the new fic. (new icon related, indeed!)
Old 2011-01-15, 17:05   Link #28594
vic-vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post

New

Shine Parts 1-10

Shine Part 11

Spoiler for Comments:
Seems that Nanoha, Fate and Yuuno adjusted fairly well into their new life on Mid-Childa. And Fate started to realize her feelings toward Yuuno.

Uh-oh, battle for mans between the girls could be pretty destructive... I hope Earth and Mid-Childa can withstand them.
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 17:15   Link #28595
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
Seems that Nanoha, Fate and Yuuno adjusted fairly well into their new life on Mid-Childa. And Fate started to realize her feelings toward Yuuno.

Uh-oh, battle for mans between the girls could be pretty destructive... I hope Earth and Mid-Childa can withstand them.
Proving love thru superior firepower is what Nanoha does best.... While her magic is still in stun setting....
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 21:29   Link #28596
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Oh! Oh! Oh! I got flamed, I got flamed!

Spoiler for I'm a little proud!:

Well... sort of. I guess it's not a really a flame, sadly. Just a negative review. And he's so calm about it! I wanted a little more bile, some real venom.

I just wish he'd been logged in. I could have reassured him that I have plans. Oh, such plans. And I might even get around to writing them sometime in the next couple months!
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 21:46   Link #28597
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I agree with your reviewer, there's far too many fluff/femmeslash pieces written for the MGLN fandom, and not nearly enough Beam Spam/Wave Motion Gun/Curbstomp Battle befriending fics!

Edit: Chapter 7 of false light is now up on FF.net.

Linky!
Old 2011-01-15, 21:52   Link #28598
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
I agree with your reviewer, there's far too many fluff/femmeslash pieces written for the MGLN fandom, and not nearly enough Beam Spam/Wave Motion Gun/Curbstomp Battle befriending fics!

Edit: Chapter 7 of false light is now up on FF.net.

Linky!

Well, I don't know why he's upset at me then... Infinity is basically one long love-letter to destruction/violence/brutal, relentless combat friendship. You'd think that after Twenty-six chapters he says he liked, it would take more than one off-kilter one to make him give up on me. These people have no faith!

And this reminds me that I've not read Chapter 7 yet. Time to remedy this!
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 22:01   Link #28599
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Hey, I'm trying to write a serious action with a small side of some romance, but trying to keep it to a minimum fic with plenty of explosions.

... Yes, explosion. Lots of explosions...

Be engulfed and walk down the path of destruction together...

...wait, what?

Old 2011-01-15, 22:11   Link #28600
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Oh! Oh! Oh! I got flamed, I got flamed!

Spoiler for I'm a little proud!:

Well... sort of. I guess it's not a really a flame, sadly. Just a negative review. And he's so calm about it! I wanted a little more bile, some real venom.

I just wish he'd been logged in. I could have reassured him that I have plans. Oh, such plans.
Oooh, someone took Force a bit hard

Well you could write in the Author Notes that you have plans...

Quote:
And I might even get around to writing them sometime in the next couple months!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
You'd think that after Twenty-six chapters he says he liked, it would take more than one off-kilter one to make him give up on me. These people have no faith!!
You just answered your own question . He's probably incensed to having to wait months to see whether the heroes would have a fighting chance or not, and how.

Man, you really should have left a big cliffhanger , I wonder how he would react to that!

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha