AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 162 45.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 8.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 8.96%
7 out of 10 : Good 42 11.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 4.20%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 15 4.20%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 1.96%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 1.40%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 10 2.80%
1 out of 10 : Painful 40 11.20%
Voters: 357. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-07, 18:17   Link #621
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
(Why this is in spoiler?)
Because it's from Vol. 4.

Quote:
This was really ever said? I see this on TVtropes all time but don't remember form the novels. Of coures my reading was not that careful.
It's from either LOVER or Intrigues. I forget which. Probably LOVER.
Old 2009-08-07, 18:21   Link #622
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Yuki the Count, that's great, why do I see her doing the "Don Kanogi" pose while doing the laughing.
Thanks! Nice pose idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Spoiler for novels:

Spoiler for novels:
Old 2009-08-07, 18:26   Link #623
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokuseimaru View Post

This is my proof. The imagery has a pretty strong connotative message.
涼宮ハルヒの消失 -> The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi. I don't see this phrase anywhere in the picture. What's needed to refute my claim is this exact phrase, or even just 消失 in the context of "new season announcement".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
To be fair though, in most situations and most likely this, they would be stuck in the time loop. Either you would have broken out of by the 100th time(by the time that you try every single possible idea you have) or you would be stuck permanently.

Also I don't believe this would be a great example of a time loop because even before noise is introduced through Nagato there was changes via Kyon's behavior in his own house. It also seems that the wipes or resets were not absolute as he had flashes from previous loops.

The reason why people are expecting Disappearance is because of that Newtype article that showed a long haired Haruhi with that other high school's uniform and I believe(this part I'm not sure about) the original second season website mentioned something about it before it got closed down.
Disappearance (消失) was never explicitly stated on any of the promotional art. Implications mean nothing in this context. What you want is solid, irrefutable proof.

And no, time loops are not expected to behave the way you described if all particles are reset to their exact states and positions, and then left with no outside interference. They would in fact go on to move on the path they took on previous iterations, with minor deviations such as the location of an electron in the orbital cloud at one particular time. Now, add noise to these variations, and you get the E8 scenario (noise manifests itself as deja vu here, thereby leading to more variations depending on an intelligent being's response to that phenomenon).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akka View Post
A boring, repetitive episode with maybe twenty seconds of "hey, epic music on mundane activity !" gets a 10 ? By this rate, a good half of any episode of any serie deserve a "perfect" rating. I wish I would live in a world with so many "more than exceptionnal" products.
I dunno, it wasn't boring to me. Maybe you missed everything?

I'm not saying it deserves a 10 from everyone though. Just that if you can't understand the reasoning behind voting a 10 or a 1, might as well not bitch about it as you'll never get it anyway. And on the other side, if you look around the subforums here, [almost] every episode had someone voting a 10 and a 1, so it doesn't really matter.
Old 2009-08-07, 18:28   Link #624
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Because it's from Vol. 4.
Oh. I missunderstand It should be obvious what. Sorry

Quote:
It's from either LOVER or Intrigues. I forget which. Probably LOVER.
Not very helpful . Well, I was wanting to read Lover again, anyway (since we are not geting this season)
Old 2009-08-07, 18:32   Link #625
Triple_R
*Author

Ice Block - That image on the cover is enough. At the very least, it's deliberate false marketing (unless we do get Disappearance before the end of the year) - plausibly deniable false marketing, but false marketing nonetheless. KyoAni knew exactly what impression and expectation that this picture of Haruhi would give the fans - let's not kid ourselves here.

To use an analogy, imagine if a company came out with a front page megazine advertisement, and said "We're going to do a new Batman cartoon!", and had a picture of Batman in "Batman:TAS" style there... but then when the new Batman cartoon comes out, it's Batman in "The Batman" style.

I can promise you that this would result in a lot of very irate Batman fans.
Old 2009-08-07, 18:36   Link #626
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Spoiler for novels:
No. It's not really drooling over. It's more subtle. Though Haruhi does genuinely like Kyon. She's just not (ussually) overt about it in any way.
Old 2009-08-07, 18:38   Link #627
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

In regards to that July 2008 Newtype, basically what Triple_R said. That feature was related to the relaunch of the series but if Vanishment doesn't appear this year then it would have been just something to attract attention from the fans. The March 2009 Newtype also featured art that seemed to reference Vanishment, too.

In other news, I still can't figure out how to get my signature working...

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2009-08-07, 18:43   Link #628
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Spoiler for large image:

Old 2009-08-07, 18:47   Link #629
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
No. It's not really drooling over. It's more subtle. Though Haruhi does genuinely like Kyon. She's just not (ussually) overt about it in any way.
Yeah, I'd agree with that.

I'll say this... I can easily see Haruhi and Kyon ending up as life partners/marriage partners one day, largely due to lack of competition on either side; reading Vol. 4 it's...

Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-07, 18:47   Link #630
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heminga13 View Post
In regards to that July 2008 Newtype, basically what Triple_R said. That feature was related to the relaunch of the series but if Vanishment doesn't appear this year then it would have been just something to attract attention from the fans. The March 2009 Newtype also featured art that seemed to reference Vanishment, too.

In other news, I still can't figure out how to get my signature working...
July 2008 was before or after the second season be 'canceled'? Makes difference.

And how was thes march megazine? Idon't remember.
Old 2009-08-07, 18:56   Link #631
mokuseimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
涼宮ハルヒの消失 -> The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi. I don't see this phrase anywhere in the picture. What's needed to refute my claim is this exact phrase, or even just 消失 in the context of "new season announcement".
Spoiler for spoiler:

from The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (I don't think this should count as a spoiler, since it's out of context)

I've already gotten into this once. If they had put Haruhi in a banana costume I'd have no right to complain; and if they end up doing Disappearance pretty soon after Sigh, I'll withdrawal any. But that is an outfit Haruhi only wears in Disappearance . If such an image coupled with "new season announcement" doesn't mean, Disappearance will be a part of said "new season", what, may I ask, does it mean to convey?
Old 2009-08-07, 19:03   Link #632
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Quote:
July 2008 was before or after the second season be 'canceled'? Makes difference.

And how was thes march megazine? Idon't remember.

July 7, 2007 - Second season announced (BLR teaser)
December 18, 2007 - Second season cancelled, new project announced (Vanishment teaser)
July 2008 Newtype - New project information (Vanishment teaser)
July 7, 2008 - Another BLR teaser on the haruhi.tv site.
March 2009 Newtype - Renewed airing of TMoHS announced (Vanishment teaser [pretty sure at least one of the pictures were])

Seeing as how my sig doesn't ever want to work, I'll just post this *spoilers for up to current episode*: http://heminga13.livejournal.com/1200.html (it's my complete speculation stuff that more people should look at imo to at least think about it)

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2009-08-07, 19:07   Link #633
Frostydrops
Lord of the Interwebz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
That is an outfit worn by Haruhi only in novel 4. So yesh, its proof.

On-Topic: Glad this borefest is finally over..
Old 2009-08-07, 19:08   Link #634
Parappashi
Happy Member

I punched the air when Kyon finally said it, it was just one of best moments in Anime for me and I'm guessing a few others must feel the same. Strange though I just had this feeling that Nagato was going to save the day, perhaps just give the tiniest of hints to Kyon of what he could do, but it was all him.

Kyon, sorry for doubting you.

Damn, seeing Mikuru cry this episode made me wanna give her a big hug.
Old 2009-08-07, 19:10   Link #635
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei19 View Post
Hmm...and so...what was Haruhi's regret?
Many things, though two things stick to mind: all of the activities during the Endless Summer was of her urging, with the SOS-dan just tagging along like mindless drones. Also, there's the Kyon factor; I think she was pretty much waiting for a prompt from him (for ANYTHING) so she can enjoy one more day that isn't focused on her for a change.

Admittedly it's been a while since I read Endless Eight...
Old 2009-08-07, 19:30   Link #636
mokuseimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parappashi View Post
I punched the air when Kyon finally said it, it was just one of best moments in Anime for me and I'm guessing a few others must feel the same. Strange though I just had this feeling that Nagato was going to save the day, perhaps just give the tiniest of hints to Kyon of what he could do, but it was all him.
I have the feeling that Nagato probably could have stopped the loop any time she wanted, probably from the 2nd or 3rd loop on. It wasn't that hard to figure out, seeing as Haruhi comes out and says, "I had something planned for tomorrow, but if you're tired you can rest"; she just wanted to spend the last day of summer with her friends. My view is that for the Integrated Sentient Data Entity, any kind of direct interference with Haruhi (outside of the instances where it's necessary to prevent Haruhi from destroying the world or becoming aware of her powers) is absolutely forbidden. The ISDE has no tolerance for interference---and not just in a case like Asakura's, who just wanted to interfere out of a selfish desire for new data, but even in a case like Yuki's where she probably wanted to interfere only to keep herself from losing her mind. The only difference is, Yuki didn't act because she knew that doing so would earn her a similar response to the one she gave Asakura---namely, that her superior would come crashing onto the scene to erase her the moment before or after she had done it.

Last edited by mokuseimaru; 2009-08-08 at 02:20.
Old 2009-08-07, 19:36   Link #637
OkamiNoKaze

I think it's that they didn't fill up that last day with some activitiy, I have a feeling it wasn't just the homework, homework just happened to be the think that came Kyon first. I think anything would have worked that wasn't already on the list.
Old 2009-08-07, 19:55   Link #638
Parappashi
Happy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokuseimaru View Post
I have the feeling that Nagato probably could have stopped the loop any time she wanted, probably from the 2nd or 3rd loop on. It wasn't that hard to figure out, seeing as Haruhi comes out and says, "I had something planned for tomorrow, but if you're tired you can rest"; she just wanted to spend the last day of summer with her friends. My view is that for the Integrated Sentient Data Entity, any kind of direct interference with Haruhi (outside of the instances where it's necessary to prevent Haruhi from destroying the world or becoming aware of her powers) is absolutely forbidden. The ISDE has no tolerance for interference---and not just in a case like Asakura's, who just wanted to interfere out of a selfish desire for new data, but in a case like Yuki's where she probably wanted to interfere only to keep herself from losing her mind. The only difference is, Yuki didn't act because she knew that doing so would earn her a similar response to the one she gave Asakura---namely, that he superior would come crashing onto the scene to erase her the moment before or after she had done it.
Yeah I see your point there.

Just seeing a couple of little twitches from Yuki during the E8 episodes made me think she must be dying inside! Ah well, she held out.
Old 2009-08-07, 20:01   Link #639
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parappashi View Post
Strange though I just had this feeling that Nagato was going to save the day,
Do not always rely on Yuki Nagato; remember that.
Old 2009-08-07, 20:21   Link #640
Le Zeep
lazy cartoonist

Do you think Yuki got to keep all those masks? I was debating wether or not when the world was reset if she still had the masks or if they were gone too.

That would be sooooo many masks if she still had all of them D:
Closed Thread