AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-11-23, 14:40   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Chapter 473 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant part of the chapters. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Edit: Complete spoiler out:

Quote:
-Kisame goes in for the kill, but at the last second Kirabi attacks with the pencil he threw earlier. Kisame backs away from Kirabi only to feel the presence of intruders...

-The Raikage feels the Hachibi's chakra and arrives on the scene (somehow) and with Kirabi's help they perform a double lariat attack and decapitate Kisame (aparently he is dead)...

-It seems that Samhade did choose to be with Kirabi after all.

-Scene change to Samurai in Iron country looking for Juugo and Suigetsu. The samurai find the two disguised as Samurai trying to sneak out of the summit...

-Switch to the Mizukage who stumbles upon Ao/Fuu and promptly realizes that Ao is controlled only to then wake him up...

-Chapter ends with Sai "confessing" to Naruto...

Last edited by james0246; 2009-11-25 at 13:16.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 15:23   Link #2
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

First oh yeah.
Old 2009-11-23, 15:26   Link #3
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
try to keep the inanity and silliness to a minimum...
Ah well, here goes nothing:
Bee absorbs the same-chakras and fuses with Samehada, since his sword style includes many short swords and not one bastard sword (pun intended). Then Samehada absorbs all of the hachibi inside and comes back to Kisame, who stores it in his body, only to be struck by Madara right after, ready for the sacrifice. With his brother now safe (?), the Raikage withdraws from the alliance, and the Tsuchikage has something to say about it!!
Ok lame prediction but hey, I'm not Kishimoto...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 15:51   Link #4
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Sabuchan manages to kick Kisame out of the way (now that he doesn't have the sword), then the sword fuses with Killerbee. Before Kisame can attack, Madara arrives and tells Kisame to retreat since the Ninja World War is starting (Akatsuki then they gather all of their forces), then everyone starts gathering all of their forces (including Killerbee [whom Raikage manages to convince to join the fight so he can take a vacation]).

Ao manages to escape from the beheading, and Fu gets back to his real body and says that he failed to kill Ao. Then the Mizukage picks up Ao and retreats and they tell everyone that Danzo tried to kill them and they alerted Konoha about it (at which Danzo is now considered a traitor). And they capture all of ANBU Root (except for Sai, who's on Naruto's side).

lol a biased story I made... Danzo must die.
Old 2009-11-23, 16:02   Link #5
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Ah well, here goes nothing:
Bee absorbs the same-chakras and fuses with Samehada, since his sword style includes many short swords and not one bastard sword (pun intended). Then Samehada absorbs all of the hachibi inside and comes back to Kisame, who stores it in his body, only to be struck by Madara right after, ready for the sacrifice. With his brother now safe (?), the Raikage withdraws from the alliance, and the Tsuchikage has something to say about it!!
Ok lame prediction but hey, I'm not Kishimoto...
That is almost verbatim of the idea/prediction I was contemplating. I feel that it would be a great disservice to the manga/story if Kirabi were to die like this, but Kirabi has to have the Hachibi extracted to move the story along. So, the easiest solution is to simply have Samehade absorb all of the Hachibi's chakra, and then Madara can come along and take the sword and then seal its chakra in the statute. So, Kirabi lives, and Madara advances his plans, and no one need die...except maybe Kisame and Samehade .
Old 2009-11-23, 16:08   Link #6
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That is almost verbatim of the idea/prediction I was contemplating. I feel that it would be a great disservice to the manga/story if Kirabi were to die like this, but Kirabi has to have the Hachibi extracted to move the story along. So, the easiest solution is to simply have Samehade absorb all of the Hachibi's chakra, and then Madara can come along and take the sword and then seal its chakra in the statute. So, Kirabi lives, and Madara advances his plans, and no one need die...except maybe Kisame and Samehade .
I just dont see the Slut Sword sucking the Hachibi, it supposed to just Suck on Chakra.

But it seems a K.bee-Samehada merge is a likely outcome.
Old 2009-11-23, 16:27   Link #7
Ero-Senn1n

KillerBee has to fall, so that Naruto will have a mission to rescue him. Assuming Sasuke will be healing the next few weeks that means only Madara, Kisame and Zetsu will be there to seal the 8-tails, that gives Naruto a lot of time to interrupt the sealing and rescue killerbee. I really hope that Kishimoto will not magically heal Sasuke in one day and let him fight, now it should be Naruto's showtime for many chapters, with zero Sasuke in it.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 17:44   Link #8
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
KillerBee has to fall, so that Naruto will have a mission to rescue him. Assuming Sasuke will be healing the next few weeks that means only Madara, Kisame and Zetsu will be there to seal the 8-tails, that gives Naruto a lot of time to interrupt the sealing and rescue killerbee. I really hope that Kishimoto will not magically heal Sasuke in one day and let him fight, now it should be Naruto's showtime for many chapters, with zero Sasuke in it.
I agree. But for 8 years i've been waiting for the moment where Naruto actually takes on a dependable impressiveness in his fights. I don't like how he appears dumb/weak 80% of the fight and then he busts out Kyubi or some out of the blue clever trick.

Kishi has made visible efforts to make Naruto much more mature in post-time-skip chapters. Especially now with the way he treated sakura's childish confession.

I only hope this translates into his fights. Theres something never quite satisfying about the way Naruto wins. Even in the Pain fight, he was using sage mode to one punch giant rhino summons off the page. I hope he gains a more Kakashi/Itachi/Sasuke type efficiency in his fighting.
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 18:10   Link #9
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Well.. Naruto definetly matured alot. We all saw what happend when the Cloud ninja's attacked. Well... only Naruto was able to match their speed or perhaps even surpass it.
Not only that he fought very efficiently..remember the combo... blocking while making a clone simultaneous/instantly to catch Sakura..

He has changed from a simple brawler to a person who doesnt like to fight anymore. His goal has changed. He wants to solve the journey that both Jiraiya and Pain were trying to accomplish. Global peace. I am sure though that...Killerbee will survive long enough for him to teach Naruto to control his bijuu..or atleast show him how to do it. Once Naruto manages to do that... he'll be the strongest without a doubt. And he'll probably be ready to face Madara. It is afterall Minato's gift to face Madara. To defeat him Naruto would need a special ability.

Still though i truly hope Minato can teach Naruto a thing or two.. while in his mind..you know..Naruto should just meditate like he goes in Sennin Mode. But is mentally training with his father.. after Rasengan... Hiraishin should definetly become his new move.. and Naruto should take that one to the next level...and teleport without using sealing tags..
Old 2009-11-23, 18:13   Link #10
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Well.. Naruto definetly matured alot. We all saw what happend when the Cloud ninja's attacked. Well... only Naruto was able to match their speed or perhaps even surpass it.
Not only that he fought very efficiently..remember the combo... blocking while making a clone simultaneous/instantly to catch Sakura..

He has changed from a simple brawler to a person who doesnt like to fight anymore. His goal has changed. He wants to solve the journey that both Jiraiya and Pain were trying to accomplish. Global peace. I am sure though that...Killerbee will survive long enough for him to teach Naruto to control his bijuu..or atleast show him how to do it. Once Naruto manages to do that... he'll be the strongest without a doubt. And he'll probably be ready to face Madara. It is afterall Minato's gift to face Madara. To defeat him Naruto would need a special ability.

Still though i truly hope Minato can teach Naruto a thing or two.. while in his mind..you know..Naruto should just meditate like he goes in Sennin Mode. But is mentally training with his father.. after Rasengan... Hiraishin should definetly become his new move.. and Naruto should take that one to the next level...and teleport without using sealing tags..
Do you remember roughly how many chapters ago the cloud fight was? I can never estimate manga events based on chapters
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 23:37   Link #11
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Here is what I would like to see from Naruto now in this chapter and the next few. Lose the babysitters! One of the most powerful characters in the manga does not need Kakashi and Yamato tagging along with him like he's a child. Enough already. No more mentors. No more teachers. No more babysitters. Kishi was doing great during the Pain fight and now he has backed off with Naruto's growth. He needs to be a leader. Sai clone tells him about what he and the rookies are planning to do. Gaara tells him about Danzou. Naruto heads to Konoha with Gaara and talks-no-jutsus the rookies. He realizes that Sakura never returned home. He defies Danzou(who will want to know where he is anyway) and with the others he sets out after Sakura's group to face Sasuke and perhaps try to deal Madara a huge blow to his war efforts. .

I want to see Naruto assume the role that Yahiko had before, leading a group of revolutionaries which would be the Konoha 12.
Old 2009-11-24, 02:31   Link #12
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
The whole world of Naruto gets nuked. The end.
Old 2009-11-24, 02:46   Link #13
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
The whole world of Naruto gets nuked. The end.
Naruto would just talk to "God" and everything/one would get a special band-aid and be okay...

It's happened before, so there is no reason to think it would not happen again...
Old 2009-11-24, 03:05   Link #14
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ What, didn't you know about Rikudo's "leftover chakra" in every tailed beast? So when they all come together, each one's tiny fragment of Rikudo connects and he stops the whole gig! Oh and Naruto gets to lead the ninja world, because he's so cool and became friends with Rikudo's chakra.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 03:19   Link #15
james0246

^Damn, that is so scary-possible I'm going to start thinking you've tied up Kishimoto in your basement (I have to much respect for you to think that you are Kishimoto in disguise )...
Old 2009-11-24, 04:05   Link #16
Freya

President Naruto??
Old 2009-11-24, 04:07   Link #17
darkmaster074
------

Spoiler for chapter 473:
darkmaster074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 05:01   Link #18
Alchemist007
*Author

Samehada is Quagmire.
Old 2009-11-24, 05:07   Link #19
Freya

I'm still amused how a sword can freaking talk. Yet alone make gi gi gi noises.
Old 2009-11-24, 05:55   Link #20
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

^ so it's the talking thats amused you? not about having the ability to think for itself and also move and attack on it's own? :P nah thats just fine eh? :P
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion