AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2021-10-13, 17:33   Link #81
Alchemist007
*Author

Wasn't expecting that ED.
Old 2021-10-13, 18:47   Link #82
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for episode 2:
Spoiler for episode 2:

It's sure nice to see the main cast of Muv Luv/Muv Luv Alternative animated. They look somewhat different, but I don't dislike that.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-13, 19:37   Link #83
John117xCortana

Some of the images used in the ED is too cheerful considering whats coming.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-13, 23:50   Link #84
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Some of the images used in the ED is too cheerful considering whats coming.
Spoiler:
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-14, 00:22   Link #85
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Oh come on, what's that OP? Look at the game's!
Tachiagare, kedakaku mae, sadame wo uketa senshi yo!!
This song aint' gonna make me tachiagare.

But wait, maybe this Virtual Witch Phenomenon has sang a different song in the series? Let me search about them.

*sees the words Virtual Youtuber*

.................................................. ......................*facepalm* W-why?
Well, that saves 1:30min of my life each episode.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-14, 12:08   Link #86
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, I can't see this ending well. All the more so with the current struggle to support a plan he isn't even sure what it entails. In theory it is better than abandoning Earth and leaving a lot of people to die. But...entirely possible it's horrific in its own way.

Although wow this guy was a total isekai harem protagonist. Isekai'd into a worse version of Earth and then when things didn't turn out he time traveled to the past. Too bad the universe wasn't generous enough to send him back to before he was sent to a parallel world . No idea if the story will bother explaining those over the top powers.

Guess for now we'll have the guy build up his harem and set up most of them probably dying...
Old 2021-10-14, 16:20   Link #87
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Also, I think the VAs of all? the major? characters all changed too. I don't know if they all retired or not, but considering even Utawarerumono, made by that hopeless and pathetic Aquaplus, even went out of their way to get the retired VA back for Touka, there isn't really much an excuse.
Not that I think all of them are retired in the first place though.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2021-10-15, 09:53   Link #88
B214

Listening to the weekly Age broadcast does provide new info.
Yoshimune helped out on choosing the new VA, but apparently that's all he helped with. Episode 2 is the first time he saw the fortified suits for the girls in the opening. Makes me wonder how much is he actually involved in this.
Old 2021-10-15, 10:15   Link #89
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Also, I think the VAs of all? the major? characters all changed too. I don't know if they all retired or not, but considering even Utawarerumono, made by that hopeless and pathetic Aquaplus, even went out of their way to get the retired VA back for Touka, there isn't really much an excuse.
How exactly is Aquaplus "hopeless and pathetic"? I haven't been following that company lately.

I would have liked to have seen the original VAs of Muv-Luv: Alternative return to reprise their roles too.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-15, 18:20   Link #90
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
How exactly is Aquaplus "hopeless and pathetic"? I haven't been following that company lately.
They ran their big mouths about "taking back games from gacha games", and then they ran off and made a gacha game. I already looked down on them when they threw away adult games for consumer games, but man, did running away even from consumer games do the final blow.
On top of that, all of their IPs except Utawarerumono is dead since they've literally only released that series. To Hearts was a legend! How could they just let it die!

Leaf was already known as Wilted Leaf back in the days, but I think they've already turned into dirt.

Oh, and the person that made the music for Utawarerumono dead, and we all know how important the music was to the tribal atmosphere of that series.

Old 2021-10-16, 01:39   Link #91
B214

Back to MLA anime discussion. I wonder if the girl in episode 1 will appear again. The anime seems to have quite a lot of subtle focus on her.
Old 2021-10-16, 15:36   Link #92
Mazryonh

Quote:
They ran their big mouths about "taking back games from gacha games", and then they ran off and made a gacha game.
Which gacha game was that? I haven't heard of it.

Quote:
I already looked down on them when they threw away adult games for consumer games, but man, did running away even from consumer games do the final blow.
Yes, Leaf's abandonment of making 18+ games in favour of making all-ages games is a pity, but you have to admit that former big-name eroge developers like Age (the creator of the Muv-Luv series) have been turning away from 18+ content in general, even if in Muv-Luv's case, the stories still feature 18+ elements. This is all very strange to me, because there are 18+ scenes in both the VN versions of Muv-Luv Total Eclipse and Schwarzesmarken, just an offscreen one in the case of the former and a barely-censored one in the case of the latter. I mean, throwing away your previous key demographic is already an ill-advised move, but poorly serving your newly-chosen demographic too with 18+ elements they may not want to see or are too young for the resulting CERO rating?

By the way, how exactly is Leaf/Aquaplus running away "even from consumer games"?

Quote:
On top of that, all of their IPs except Utawarerumono is dead since they've literally only released that series. To Hearts was a legend! How could they just let it die!
Yeah, Leaf/Aquaplus shouldn't have let their older IPs die out like that. We should be on To Heart 4 by now, given that To Heart 2 was released in 2006. How about a Comic Party 2, or a White Album 3, or a Tenshi no inai 12-gatsu (December When There Is No Angel) 2?

Quote:
Leaf was already known as Wilted Leaf back in the days, but I think they've already turned into dirt.
When exactly was "back in the days"? Around 2015 perhaps, after their blockbuster release of White Album 2 (a story as hard-hitting as it was partly because of its 18+ content) already a distant memory?

Quote:
Oh, and the person that made the music for Utawarerumono dead, and we all know how important the music was to the tribal atmosphere of that series.
Who was the original composer of Utawarerumono? How is the replacement not up to snuff?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-16, 21:37   Link #93
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
No way are all the main VAs retired.
Minami Kuribayashi still sings a few recent theme songs, I think she can do a role here and here.

Hiroko Taguchi still voices a few gacha ges here and there (Azur Lane and various H gacha ges).

Hoshi Souchirou, do I need to say it from the trash fire that is Higurashi Gou/Sotsu?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-20, 12:51   Link #94
B214

Episode 3 is.....fast paced.
Old 2021-10-20, 18:04   Link #95
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Episode 3 is.....fast paced.
Indeed, they basically condensed the whole CCSE in 4 shots. How many episodes are planned again?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-20, 18:42   Link #96
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So I guess the girl Takeru never found in the previous loop is the brain in the jar. He said Kasumi, who is always around it, reminds him of her and Sensei reacted immediately when he said her name.

Them skipping the first two parts is clearly a problem because they don't seem interested in exploring the characters. I feel the anime assumes I know who they are, but I have no clue.
Old 2021-10-20, 19:46   Link #97
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Indeed, they basically condensed the whole CCSE in 4 shots. How many episodes are planned again?
12 episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
So I guess the girl Takeru never found in the previous loop is the brain in the jar. He said Kasumi, who is always around it, reminds him of her and Sensei reacted immediately when he said her name.

Them skipping the first two parts is clearly a problem because they don't seem interested in exploring the characters. I feel the anime assumes I know who they are, but I have no clue.
At this point, just focus on the TSF action instead, this seems to be their main goal.
Old 2021-10-21, 16:09   Link #98
Alchemist007
*Author

Was pretty funny when he was like "It's November already?!" and it immediately jumped a week more.
Old 2022-08-24, 06:58   Link #99
B214

Season 2 teaser. Air date 5 Oct 22
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-08-27, 07:37   Link #100
tsunade666

Shirogaaaaneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!