AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-10-16, 16:37   Link #19021
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Tieria sure knows how to build them. =X
I'll say. My only disappointment is that we didn't get to see all of its capabilities.
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 18:09   Link #19022
Araxiel

http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYKP-54
Would anyone happen to know what size these are in relation to gunpla kits? HLJ helpfully lists them under 'non-scale'.
Araxiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 18:26   Link #19023
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

After seeing a couple of pictures of MG Qan-T on HLJ I gotta say, I am VERY impressed... I am even considering buying it so they release the other three Gundams in MG (Zabanya first, please!) ;]
Old 2010-10-16, 18:38   Link #19024
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

More HG Braves:

Spoiler for Brave Standard-Type:

Spoiler for Brave Commander-Type:
Old 2010-10-16, 19:07   Link #19025
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Big Ass box as you can clearly see. But I doubt few here will bother to get it since most are still giddy over the OO franchise.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 20:10   Link #19026
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
So I finally assembled my HG Raphael Gundam today, and tried posing it out as usual for any newly assembled model. And guess what I found out to my pleasant surprise:

(clickable thumbnails)

*snips*

The HG Raphael with the backpack on can stand on its own two feet unsupported without using its GN Bazookas. And even when I moved the GN Bazookas to near perpendicular to upset its center of gravity the Raphael can still stand firmly.

Given all the comments about Raphael's unbalanced design from month's back, I find this a nice surprise, and even more so given that none of the reviews I've seen online ever display this aspect of the Raphael - they always either display the Raphael on a stand, or when on the ground they use the GN Bazookas to prop it up from behind.
Nice. But I've heard feedback that the connection of the backpack with Raphael's back isn't very good. Anyway, did you paint it aside from panel lining?

Plus I see your Reborns up there.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 23:09   Link #19027
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Big Ass box as you can clearly see. But I doubt few here will bother to get it since most are still giddy over the OO franchise.
Not sure of that particular assessment, given the imminent release of Unicorn episode 2 and the already released 14-minute PV. Heck, I already know a few people already dying to get their hands on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Nice. But I've heard feedback that the connection of the backpack with Raphael's back isn't very good. Anyway, did you paint it aside from panel lining?

Plus I see your Reborns up there.
1. Yeah, the backpack connection isn't really as solid as the Seraphim to the Seravee. The connection works well enough for most posing purposes though, except if you want to pose the Raphael horizontally to its side anyway.

2. I'm a minimalist painter, so I only painted any missing colors that the parts separation doesn't do, and any details. I also paint any clear parts to their proper color. Don't have the time to do a full paint job though, given my workplace.

3. The Reborns was a gift from a friend, lucky me

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 23:21   Link #19028
bio9205
Reborn

That reminds me: I still have not painted the clear chest piece and beam saber of my Reborns. Gotta get some purple and orange colours...

I just fiddled with a HG 00Q belonging to a friend of mine. It's quite solid, in fact I think it rivals HG 00. Articulation, no loose parts, awesome design. Even without painting. I guess I'll get one next week, haven't built a kit in months.
Old 2010-10-17, 00:26   Link #19029
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
I guess I'll get one next week, haven't built a kit in months.
My last kit was in the summer (MG Unicorn Ver. Ka.), but I just ordered a bunch of 'em so good times ahead! On a somewhat related note, do we have a confirmed release date for the PG Strike Freedom?
Old 2010-10-17, 00:26   Link #19030
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Yes, the HG 00Q rivals the HG 00 in terms of articulation barring a few points like the white right shoulder flap reducing the right arm's articulation. Otherwise the HG 00Q not only retains most of the HG 00's poseability, but also subtly improves on some of the other aspects of the HG 00, like having a more solid and tighter wrist to better hold the Buster Sword, and the ability of the 00Q to use the forearm hardpoints.

The 00Q does need a bit more painting if you don't want to use the stickers, especially for the head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
do we have a confirmed release date for the PG Strike Freedom?
All we know for now is that it's a December release, no exact date given yet.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2010-10-17, 00:32   Link #19031
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Pretty big box for the HGUC Sinanju, hmm i don't see grenade launcher attachment for the beam rifle.

Does the HGUC Sinanju kit have the grenade launcher attachement included..?
Old 2010-10-17, 00:53   Link #19032
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Yes, the HG 00Q rivals the HG 00 in terms of articulation barring a few points like the white right shoulder flap reducing the right arm's articulation. Otherwise the HG 00Q not only retains most of the HG 00's poseability, but also subtly improves on some of the other aspects of the HG 00, like having a more solid and tighter wrist to better hold the Buster Sword, and the ability of the 00Q to use the forearm hardpoints.

The 00Q does need a bit more painting if you don't want to use the stickers, especially for the head.

All we know for now is that it's a December release, no exact date given yet.
Yeah well, I don't mind stickers, so long as they're not too big or obvious.

Sinanju looks epic. Might pick it up, if I have the money after 00.
Old 2010-10-17, 01:28   Link #19033
bio9205
Reborn

Oh, yeah. Which magazine will come with the Full Saber kit, and when?
Old 2010-10-17, 01:32   Link #19034
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Oh, yeah. Which magazine will come with the Full Saber kit, and when?
Hobby Japan February 2011 issue, which'll be released this December around Christmas time.

Old 2010-10-17, 01:52   Link #19035
bio9205
Reborn

Sweet. Hopefully they ship here in Singapore.

The parts are molded in blue and trans-green, am I right? I mean, past exclusive kits seem to be all molded in white.
Old 2010-10-17, 02:34   Link #19036
Dynamite

Quote:
Spoiler for mod SDs:
Quote:
Could be better if the paint weren't of the Gundam Markers.

Bonus for anyone in their teens who could tell what those mechs are.
Wow those mods look AMAZING.
Are they yours?

<----huge SD collector.

I don't have that many Sangokuden kits, but I can recognize about three of the "source kits."
I have no idea what the rest are though.

If they aren't yours, where did you get those pictures? Do you know all the source kits?
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 03:52   Link #19037
BurningChaos

Quote:
So I finally assembled my HG Raphael Gundam today, and tried posing it out as usual for any newly assembled model. And guess what I found out to my pleasant surprise:

(clickable thumbnails)

The HG Raphael with the backpack on can stand on its own two feet unsupported without using its GN Bazookas. And even when I moved the GN Bazookas to near perpendicular to upset its center of gravity the Raphael can still stand firmly.

Given all the comments about Raphael's unbalanced design from month's back, I find this a nice surprise, and even more so given that none of the reviews I've seen online ever display this aspect of the Raphael - they always either display the Raphael on a stand, or when on the ground they use the GN Bazookas to prop it up from behind.
1. Hmm...It seems that you got the correct ideas to make it stand up
2. I can see your 00 Gundam collection displayed, Did any of your customers bothered to tinker with them?
3. I see you own a computer shop, Where do you live? Because the computer shop design looks somewhat common here in my country.
BurningChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 04:14   Link #19038
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningChaos View Post
1. Hmm...It seems that you got the correct ideas to make it stand up
2. I can see your 00 Gundam collection displayed, Did any of your customers bothered to tinker with them?
3. I see you own a computer shop, Where do you live? Because the computer shop design looks somewhat common here in my country.
1. It was actually a surprise when I was trying to get a size comparison between my Reborns and the Raphael. I just made the Raphael stand up like usual and found out that it managed to stay up without it propping the GN Bazookas on its back. So I went ahead and tried out the limits of how well the Raphael can stand on its own.
- They're out of reach of my smaller customers, and most of my customers know enough to just look at them. I can proudly say that I'm perhaps the only net cafe with Gunpla on display
- Philippines, that's all I'm saying

Old 2010-10-17, 05:28   Link #19039
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
be getting hguc sinanju...but shld i wait for it to come with the head stand? =x (got a feeling they are going to do that again)

braves set might get 2 sets for both commander & regular type =D
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 06:15   Link #19040
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
There are certain people out there that seem a little too reckless with their cash - and its people like these that end up buying some of the odd kits out there.
I just placed an order for a HG OO Raiser Condenser Type...

(Bear in mind I already have HG OO Gundam, HG O Raiser, AND HG OO Raiser + GN Sword III)
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy