AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2005-12-18, 17:21   Link #1
RevoltersDS

Project Iris

This is just a single page of a comic. It's not a full comic, it was done just for this scene. It was actually for one of my classes. The final project was just to do anything we wanted in any medium we wanted.

This was done with just micron pens, then colored in watercolor
Took about 3 weeks from start to finish. Most of the time spent was just planning out the panels and tons of sketching (about 2 weeks). The final picture took about a week to do.

This is PROJECT IRIS

oh yeah, what happened to anime otaku's contest, is that still going on or what?
RevoltersDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 17:37   Link #2
sarrah
tikki

the manga is great, but try bigger frawmes for the 9 boxes, and do a seperate WHOle page for the final dude! but other than that its BRILLIANT!
very cool
KYAAA! so interested
how did he end up that way? is he a mutated human? whats his motive? is he a killer?

yeh otakus competition...i wana know who won! lol...seems like im ur competition:P...lol u can check out what i did on my thread, but trust after seeing what did, i have nooo confidence in winnning at all! the deadlines tday right?
sarrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 22:21   Link #3
RevoltersDS

well the original is about 15'' by 20'' and i didn't want to do more than one whole page due to time restrictions for the project. it's hard to explain, it was never meant to be a full comic. I guess the only way to describe it is it was just a way to get a story across. if it were going to be a full comic, i would have definately made this into two or possibly three pages.

as for the character, Iris, i don't have much of a background other than what you see here. If his eyes are exposed to the sun, his wings emerge.

Last edited by RevoltersDS; 2005-12-18 at 23:07.
Old 2005-12-19, 06:35   Link #4
sarrah
tikki

wow, iots got comic book style though! and the inking for the wings look unbelievable.....man i wish i had some of ur talent!
Old 2005-12-19, 15:59   Link #5
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Interesting character. It is a bit hard to figure out what's happening to him without some dialogue. I think he's turning evil...or something to that effect.

I admire the fact you coloured this with watercolours. I personally don't like working with things I can't undo if I make a mistake. hehe. But you pulled it off quite nicely. Good work.

The only thing I can spot that stands out as a bit odd is the final panel. His right wing, the feathers are going in too many different directions in some parts. They should generally be facing the same way.

Other than that I like it!

Post some more.
Old 2005-12-19, 16:17   Link #6
Dokuganryu
motorcycle boy

Send a message via MSN to Dokuganryu
This is pretty nice. I really dig the panels (with the exception of the final one) and the pacing. Dope watercolours too. With the final panel, my main problem with the rocks, it looks awkward in the scheme of things. But yeah, good work.
Dokuganryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-22, 11:29   Link #7
RevoltersDS

yeah i liked working with watercolors, there really easy to use and can get some great effects...like the what i got with the sky.

as for the debris from the buildings...i just really wanted to break the frame of the actual drawing. i love when people do that...ex... the wings are coming out of that final panel, but his legs are still in it...the debris from the buildings were also supposed to be kind of a base for the whole image.

oh, i messed up with the actual image dimensions...it's 20" x 30"
Old 2005-12-23, 10:04   Link #8
sarrah
tikki

i was looking at it again...and realised the ribs looked kinda scary, and the waste goes in a bit to much like a girl...lol....other than that uno what i think