Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-03-24, 06:57   Link #21
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer-X View Post
The very same plot that was built up in his fights against the Renato brothers
Don't remember that subplot being present in the Renato fight, despite the Renato's mention of the 2nd Meijin.

Quote:
and Julian is more or less thrown out here just to have the finals pitted against Sei and Reiji.
Julian was there to shed light on what Yuuki's motives for becoming a Meijin are. They could have easily left out that fight if all they needed was for Yuuki to fight against Sei and Reiji.

Quote:
Leaves you wondering if he would have won if there was no meddling.
That seems to be correct: Baker wanted the fight to end now, but Mashita wanted to keep it going. So yeah, he basically has himself to blame for his loss.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 06:57   Link #22
Zephyron
Randomly Dropping By

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I'm wondering if the Power Gates used this episode wasn't already the Aqua mode, given that it has a blue Power Gate color instead of Speed's yellow or Rifle's red.
I'm wondering the exact same thing

Spoiler for Hmmmm......:

But maybe we're overthinking this
Zephyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 07:00   Link #23
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyron View Post
I'm wondering the exact same thing

Spoiler for Hmmmm......:

But maybe we're overthinking this
You're overthinking it

As shown in the episode, our alleged Aqua Mode pretty much comes from the legs and are basically small power gates that can be shot by themselves (reminds me of Fate's Photon Lancer), or used to accelerate something through it like the Ice Sword, in the same way that Speed accelerates the SBS itself and Rifle powers up shots through it.

Also, nice bit about the Exia Dark Matter: It has the fire and ice swords (2), the shield beam saber (1), the wrist beam sabers (2), and the two DM Booster Swords. So in fact, the Exia Dark Matter has SEVEN Swords.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2014-03-24 at 07:27.
Old 2014-03-24, 07:02   Link #24
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Damn, they should have used the Volcanic Rim field instead of Space... and of course, Meijin should have used Kampfer Amazing instead of Exia Dark Matter. Stupid 2nd Opening!

Anyways, it was an epic battle... But now, I have a feeling that Ep. 25 is feeling the G Gundam vibe! Although, how come Reiji is shocked that A Bao A Qu was shown? There's no way that it couldn't be his kingdom!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 07:11   Link #25
Blazer-X

Quote:
Don't remember that subplot being present in the Renato fight, despite the Renato's mention of the 2nd Meijin.

Julian was there to shed light on what Yuuki's motives for becoming a Meijin are. They could have easily left out that fight if all they needed was for Yuuki to fight against Sei and Reiji.\
I'd say the subplot of "Yuuki not being the Second Meijin" started with the Renato fight. Remember, Renato focused on destroying joints and hitting on the weakness of enemies. In this battle, Ral and Takeshi mentions that attacking the weak parts and overwhelming the enemy is the strategy of the Second Mejin, which of course, is against Yuuki's beliefs.

In a way, using this battle as a "pseudo-reference", we do know that the Second Meijin's style of attacking weak points and overwhelming the enemy is not unlike the Renato brothers, albeit probably with actual skills rather than using tactics.

Julian, as you said, sheds light on Yuuki's motives, which builds up his character as the final opponent. Everything else happening in-universe seemed to have built up this epic battle between Reiji's and Sei's seriousness and Yuuki's raging spirit to bring fun to Gunpla. And then as we all know, DARK MATTER!

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE the Dark Matter and I LOVE how it was used to its full potential here. But it just lacks the "oomph" knowing that the final boss is technically not fighting as himself.
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 07:16   Link #26
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
You're overthinking it

As shown in the episode, our alleged Aqua Mode pretty much comes from the legs and are basically small power gates that can be shot by themselves (reminds me of Fate's Photon Lancer), or used to accelerate something through it like the Ice Sword, in the same way that Speed accelerates the SBS itself and Rifle powers up shots through it.

Also, nice bit about the Exia Dark Matter: It has the fire and ice swords (2), the shield beam saber (2), the wrist beam sabers (2), and the two DM Booster Swords. So in fact, the Exia Dark Matter has SEVEN Swords.
hmmm make wonder if this foreshdowing RG Build Rider Kick

also you mean 8 Swords :P (only one DM Booster Swords)
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 07:17   Link #27
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Dark Matter was beautiful and amazing. All those swords(seven!) and that delicious fire sword! I hope it gets a MG, the HG doesn't do it justice.

Somewhat disappointed with the fight and outcome of it. >_<

Ridiculous amount of plot armor and holes. >_>
Se7enSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 07:27   Link #28
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
hmmm make wonder if this foreshdowing RG Build Rider Kick

also you mean 8 Swords :P (only one DM Booster Swords)
Woops, the Shield Saber should only be one.

Old 2014-03-24, 07:34   Link #29
Tormenk

Based on the preview maybe the berserk discharge of particles is animating all the previous gunpla used in the tournament and the gang has to get into the fray to somehow stop it? Eh doesn't matter since at least Crossbone Maoh and Miss Sazabi will get some final screentime this way.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 07:36   Link #30
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post
Dark Matter was beautiful and amazing. All those swords(seven!) and that delicious fire sword! I hope it gets a MG, the HG doesn't do it justice.

Somewhat disappointed with the fight and outcome of it. >_<

It's following the shounen anime pattern quite closely, what did you expect? At least they did it right with how they should use the RG system this time. No more boring one way finishing anymore.
Old 2014-03-24, 07:39   Link #31
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Actually, while the stuff we see here seemed new, all of them have been set up in previous episodes:

- Aila and Reiji's "newtype understanding" moment with their crystals is the basis for the Chairman to use the Arista as a method of mind control.
- It's also the basis for Aila to know about Yuuki being mind controlled by Embody, as both she and the Chairman had the plavsky crystals, and thus she can hear his thoughts.
- The Embody system and its applications are obviously from Barthes and the Flana institute.
- The third discharge system has been teased since episode 10, and we know it was called "Aqua Mode".
- Star Build Strike being able to move after being powered down: it was recharging, as shown in Sei's screen when he was moping (a large yellow "CHARGE" sign on his screen).
- The SBS' leg has always had that Power Gate emitter since it debuted, this is just the first time we've seen it do anything.
- The Star Build Strike's Power Gates used in the Discharge system have all been shown to do one thing: to power up and propel whatever goes through them. Thus, the sword shooting is a logical application of said power.

That just leaves us with only the Power Gate missile spam, and that's about the only unexplainable "asspull", and honestly it didn't even do much. Finally, the Double Build Knuckle is just a Discharge-enhanced Build Knuckle used ala GaoGaiGar Hell and Heaven, it's at least the most awesome of the Build Knuckles to actually watch, and does have a logical reason for being as powerful as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Based on the preview maybe the berserk discharge of particles is animating all the previous gunpla used in the tournament and the gang has to get into the fray to somehow stop it? Eh doesn't matter since at least Crossbone Maoh and Miss Sazabi will get some final screentime this way.
Actually, from the preview it seems like its animating an entirely new type of army, as seen with a new type of white mobile suit we haven't seen before.

Old 2014-03-24, 07:44   Link #32
hamazura
whatever

good thing the build 'shitty' knuckle is edited.
at least W knuckle animation effect is cool with discharge etc2

IF only chairman didnt control yuuki, he would win already (if sbs doesnt get plot armor...).
ice sword, fire sword, super beam saber, innovator's kamikaze unit, trans-am, yuuki piloting skill + awesomeness of black exia. sbs are trash

so next episode is A bao qu... or axis?

-----

Dark Matter needs an MG... MG! not shitty HG! very long time since i last bought gunpla, if ark matter released, i swear ill buy it
Old 2014-03-24, 07:45   Link #33
kuroihikari2

Quote:
Actually, while the stuff we see here seemed new, all of them have been set up in previous episodes:

- Aila and Reiji's "newtype understanding" moment with their crystals is the basis for the Chairman to use the Arista as a method of mind control.
- It's also the basis for Aila to know about Yuuki being mind controlled by Embody, as both she and the Chairman had the plavsky crystals, and thus she can hear his thoughts.
- The Embody system and its applications are obviously from Barthes and the Flana institute.
- The third discharge system has been teased since episode 10, and we know it was called "Aqua Mode".
- Star Build Strike being able to move after being powered down: it was recharging, as shown in Sei's screen when he was moping (a large yellow "CHARGE" sign on his screen).
- The SBS' leg has always had that Power Gate emitter since it debuted, this is just the first time we've seen it do anything.
- The Star Build Strike's Power Gates used in the Discharge system have all been shown to do one thing: to power up and propel whatever goes through them. Thus, the sword shooting is a logical application of said power.

That just leaves us with only the Power Gate missile spam, and that's about the only unexplainable "asspull", and honestly it didn't even do much. Finally, the Double Build Knuckle is just a Discharge-enhanced Build Knuckle used ala GaoGaiGar Hell and Heaven, it's at least the most awesome of the Build Knuckles to actually watch, and does have a logical reason for being as powerful as it is.
There's also the 10% on the Discharge system. They did this before (I think during the first output of Rifle Mode), but I'm not sure exactly what causes it.

All in all, to sum the episode. Mashita lost because he's an ass, and Aqua mode might just be a multi-purpose railgun.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 07:48   Link #34
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroihikari2 View Post
There's also the 10% on the Discharge system. They did this before (I think during the first output of Rifle Mode), but I'm not sure exactly what causes it.
Basically, they just don't use up the Discharge energy all at once, so they still have energy left for a second one. It's the same thing they did on the Gunpla Race.

Quote:
and Aqua mode might just be a multi-purpose railgun.
That's actually quite an apt way of putting it.

Old 2014-03-24, 07:57   Link #35
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:

I know of all of the points you stated and I don't have an issue with any of this, the fight was disappointing to me partly because of interferences and not going for the kill when Madshita had a chance. And that SBS 'won'.

My other gripe was double build knuckle, rather RG system. It was claimed to be a last resort and that it doesn't have a long operational time, not only does it use it twice, but on both hands and apparently has more power than it ever had when focusing on one fist. Also how it 'defeated' Exia's trans-am beam sabers, as bad as maoh's 'defeat'. One more thing I forgot to mention, the fact that SBS's right arm was stabbed and could attach itself and had no side effects.
Old 2014-03-24, 07:58   Link #36
kuroihikari2

Oh, and yes, as LoweGear said, from now on I'll call it Build Hell-and-Heaven.

EDIT: I don't remember the RG having a short operational time, but they used the RG shorter than the Exia used Trans-Am. They were also boosting Build Hell-And-Heaven with Discharge's railgun-like effect.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 08:04   Link #37
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Wow, the scene with forcing Yuuki to put on that mask came off a lot more evil than I expected.

Dang it, I actually like how the Amazing Exia was supposed to look before it was turned into the Dark Matter Exia. >.>

So my theory from way back about the president being a thief who stole the Plavsky particles in Arian turned out to be dead on after all.

That battle got nice and intense.

Once again, pres+Baker reactions were priceless.

Alan was doing a pretty nice job of fighting off those grunts.

What the- That ending.....so Arian is A Baoa Qu???
Old 2014-03-24, 08:06   Link #38
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
My other gripe was double build knuckle, rather RG system. It was claimed to be a last resort and that it doesn't have a long operational time
They never claimed it never had a long operational time, they claimed it would be dangerous if used fully on the SBS body. In this case though, they only used it on the arms, like they did the first time against Luang. Also, they didn't use it as long as Exia had its Trans-Am.

Quote:
not only does it use it twice, but on both hands and apparently has more power than it ever had when focusing on one fist.
Only because they had it reinforced with the Discharge system's power gate, which is shown quite clearly.

Quote:
Also how it 'defeated' Exia's trans-am beam sabers, as bad as maoh's 'defeat'.
I'll give you that.

Quote:
One more thing I forgot to mention, the fact that SBS's right arm was stabbed and could attach itself and had no side effects.
The arm was stabbed at the shoulder armor, and they can reattach it because they intentionally removed/purged the arm to break free from the wall.

I didn't even have to watch twice to catch all these details.

Old 2014-03-24, 08:16   Link #39
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
They never claimed it never had a long operational time, they claimed it would be dangerous if used fully on the SBS body. In this case though, they only used it on the arms, like they did the first time against Luang. Also, they didn't use it as long as Exia had its Trans-Am.
Okay, that part about it's operational time was a mistake on my part, it wasn't mentioned.

Quote:
Only because they had it reinforced with the Discharge system's power gate, which is shown quite clearly.
The output was still ridiculous. Though I will concede it was predictable with the shows nature.

Quote:
The arm was stabbed at the shoulder armor, and they can reattach it because they intentionally removed/purged the arm to break free from the wall.

I didn't even have to watch twice to catch all these details.
I thought it was injured in the right arm, must've missed that. >_>

Still doesn't change my opinion that the fight was dsiappointing. Would've preferred had they ended it with SBS using Brinicle blade to finish off Exia DM.
Old 2014-03-24, 08:19   Link #40
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Still doesn't change my opinion that the fight was dsiappointing. Would've preferred had they ended it with SBS using Brinicle blade to finish off Exia DM.
Would've actually preferred that too, but Build Hell & Heaven was actually the best use of the Build Knuckle imho, second only to its use in the Fenice fight.

Also, them grabbing their detached arm brought some flashbacks to 08th MS Team, even if they didn't quite smack something with it.