AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-06-26, 03:52   Link #721
hamazura
whatever

So they are forced to 'want to help fremea' by some kind of power?
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 08:58   Link #722
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Accelerator: With such a large scale movement on the dark side, he wants to preemp them before it could splash over and affect Last Order.
Wait, Accel sometimes acts without a reason to do good things and he probably didn't say there he only wanted to prevent LO from harming. It was like he really worried about the Dark side wich he truly wanted to elleminate in order to avoid great problems. (not only for LO)
Old 2013-06-26, 11:16   Link #723
Acer
Death to the infidels!

is clear that in the end the ultimate goal of the project was to create a computer doing calculations using AIM field.
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 11:54   Link #724
freeofgreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
is clear that in the end the ultimate goal of the project was to create a computer doing calculations using AIM field.
Naw, I'am pretty sure that was a separate project Dr. Matsusada. Yakumi's plan seemed to integrated both the AIM shader and the Agitate Halation together. But the Agitate Halation project's goal was to have all the heroes dispose of each other.
freeofgreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 12:03   Link #725
Acer
Death to the infidels!

if I'm not wrong, agitate Halation was the first part, which was necessary for the second project, one led to another, since the computer was that she (Yakumi) was after.
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 13:59   Link #726
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
Because im so fvkin confused and then somehow i met this forum -__-

Ok i understand.
Just 1 more.
7500 hero... So there is a lot of touma-like guy who want to save everyone who need help in academy city huh?
Funny thing, they belong to the hero-category that helps without the need of a reason that can turn around the game board. That means there was about 7500 heroes that would have help Misaka with the Sister project as long as she asked for help.

Btw, Yakumi was just a pawn for Kihara Yuitsu, and she as a Kihara she is probably used Yakumi to run AH Project and dispose of the heroes by making kill each other.

I don't think the Kiharas would like to meet more people like Touma...
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 18:09   Link #727
leukrota

It isn't implausible that there could be 7500 potential heroes in AC, imo.

Most students go there in order to obtain an ability after all, and I can imagine many of them wanting to do something good with that ability.

And like C2F said, becoming a "hero" in TAMNI has been shown to be mostly a matter of will.

In fact, I'm surprised there are only 7500. I guess they are just the stronger-willed.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 19:23   Link #728
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I think a good portion of do-gooders would join Judgement.

But in doing so they are sort of bound to the rules and regulations of the organisation, making them less likely to be "heroes".

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-06-26 at 19:36.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 19:39   Link #729
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Funny thing, they belong to the hero-category that helps without the need of a reason that can turn around the game board. That means there was about 7500 heroes that would have help Misaka with the Sister project as long as she asked for help.

Btw, Yakumi was just a pawn for Kihara Yuitsu, and she as a Kihara she is probably used Yakumi to run AH Project and dispose of the heroes by making kill each other.

I don't think the Kiharas would like to meet more people like Touma...
I'm guessing though that Touma's the only one who could have beaten Accel. Touma's the only one who can beat the current Accel out of them... but that might be because he's trained since then. I think IB is the only way an esper would have been able to beat him... they might have been able to find out his other weakness though if they somehow interrogated that Kihara...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 22:45   Link #730
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
No- one of the themes of this series is that there are many different kinds of heroes.

Kamijou is just one type of hero.

Its hard to say what kind of heroes they could be, but as batman begins said- its all about the will to act.
the case in point of TAMI .....A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer. or Shaige aka manservant/ slave case a Hero with coward legs
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 04:45   Link #731
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I just realized something. I finally noticed this. We discussed this before, but people said... oh the Kiharas would have known about Touma always. Nothing is different from before. There is no difference in terms of that situation. This is actually completely false. (well IMO) let me give evidence.

Index Light Novel 1 Chapter 1 Misaka Mikoto says to Touma:

"'Honestly, what's with you? That power of yours isn’t listed in Academy City’s Bank. If I’m a one in 328,571 genius, then you’re a one in 2,300,000 disaster,' the girl muttered in annoyance but Kamijou neglected to give even a single word in response. 'If I pick a fight with an exception like that, I might be able to raise my level, don’t you think?'"

What? His power at that point a short 3 months ago was not listed in the AC data bank. Interesting... In contrast, Rensa saw that Kamijou's power is now listed in the Bank and that it now says tentatively that he can negate other powers.

I really think this was supposed to be a tip-off that people are setting their sights on Touma. He was already added to the esper bank, most likely against Crowley's wishes, he was messed with by the Kiharas, they know of IB and are aware of some things he can do; I feel like at this point, things are more serious than they appear. This is especially true after I realized that his power wasn't in the bank a mere 3 months ago. Considering Aleister Crowley would have taken all possible measures to make sure it didn't appear there... this is interesting/strange. It makes me wonder...

This is ominous in a way. Even Kumokawa couldn't protect him so that that info wouldn't get uploaded. I really wonder what is actually going on here. We'll know in 2.5-3.5 more months... or maybe hopefully within a year by the time it gets back to the science side...

We knew Kiharas mentioned Touma before... but not his Imagine Breaker... This is a new level of Kiharaness.
Old 2013-06-27, 05:02   Link #732
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

There is one other possibility- Crowley himself is slowly letting Kamijou become more 'visible' to attract all of these villains to him.

The more he fights these kinds of enemies, the more Kamijou would grow and develop.
Old 2013-06-27, 05:06   Link #733
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Wrong. Crowley had Touma's power registered to some extent. Remember the retrieval team Mikoto intercepted during WWIII. they were tasked with returning Touma to AC. They were told he was an important esper.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 12:46   Link #734
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Wrong. Crowley had Touma's power registered to some extent. Remember the retrieval team Mikoto intercepted during WWIII. they were tasked with returning Touma to AC. They were told he was an important esper.
Yeah, but the problem is that we don't know when that foot-note was attached to his profile, it could have been hidden from Mikoto when she first looked at his profile, or it could have been a recent addition because of all the crap he's been going through.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 13:07   Link #735
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I'm guessing though that Touma's the only one who could have beaten Accel. Touma's the only one who can beat the current Accel out of them... but that might be because he's trained since then. I think IB is the only way an esper would have been able to beat him... they might have been able to find out his other weakness though if they somehow interrogated that Kihara...
Do you really think so?

Misaka 10032 was able to pull out a strategy that would have suffocated Accelerator if he didn't notice in time.

And also, there are magicians disguised as students in the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaxlikenoob View Post
Yeah, but the problem is that we don't know when that foot-note was attached to his profile, it could have been hidden from Mikoto when she first looked at his profile, or it could have been a recent addition because of all the crap he's been going through.
All that info comes from WWIII including Accelerator's black wings.

And also: Rense thought it was an esper ability, something Touma's IB isn't. The Bank only features info regarding powers not about a person's background.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 13:15   Link #736
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:
Do you really think so?

And also: Rense thought it was an esper ability, something Touma's IB isn't. The Bank only features info regarding powers not about a person's background.
I'm purely talking about the foot-note in the bank here, nothing about WW3.

Also I didn't say anything about his background being mentioned, only that he's a person of interest, because "hurr durr I can negate abilities, something that should be impossible", something that could have been witnessed a TON of times throughout the series.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 13:55   Link #737
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Do you really think so?

Misaka 10032 was able to pull out a strategy that would have suffocated Accelerator if he didn't notice in time.

And also, there are magicians disguised as students in the city.

True. But the Kiharas seem to know the difference, I think. They realized that he negated AIM diffusion fields and still came anyway.

Maybe at this point he is strong enough like Chaos said to beat the Kiharas anyway. That's a good point I didn't think about, but I feel like Aleister doesn't want Touma to figure out that much more about IB as he uses it. I interpreted the end of Volume 22 as Aleister has to take a side-journey because Touma found out about IB. I don't think Touma getting hurt was a problem, because he didn't actually save Touma. He told Fiamma that he was angry because he had to do something extra. I feel like Touma figuring out about IB might be related. The new rules of the world might have also been related. However, I'm not sure that Aleister really wants Touma fighting that much. The Kiharas are very powerful and use some machines that don't even need esper powers to win.

I do believe there is a chance that Aleister is just making Touma stronger also though to get him fat and juicy for removing IB eventually. (lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaxlikenoob View Post
I'm purely talking about the foot-note in the bank here, nothing about WW3.

Also I didn't say anything about his background being mentioned, only that he's a person of interest, because "hurr durr I can negate abilities, something that should be impossible", something that could have been witnessed a TON of times throughout the series.
Lol
Old 2013-06-28, 17:39   Link #738
Flere821
Lurker

Not quite sure where to post this, but there's a oneshot crossover between TAMNI and OreImo by Kamachi and OreImo's author, dated June 7th on the NICO website. Snark everywhere, 4th wall is basically not there, and it's hilarious xD
Spoiler for Highlights:
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 17:45   Link #739
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Kamijou-san doesn't sleep in a bed....
Old 2013-06-28, 18:22   Link #740
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Somebody's got to get js06 on this