Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-07-04, 20:07   Link #1121
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
Akame's insensitivity to that part is really becoming a classic of her...
Commenting on Leone's weight is one thing but now this...
Oh yeah... Chelsea's comment/conversation with the boss... do hope its not a foreshadowing that someone's gonna die again...
It's not so much as insensitively, but rather social awkwardness, and yeah I love that part of her too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Finally got around to read this manga, I'm in love. though this manga does a great job at messing up my sense of morality...or something like that. Take Bors for example...he is part of the antagonists...he's a hard working father that follows orders...I don't want him to die, but I know he'll kill someone in Night Raid if he doesn't (unless he kills Raba, I don't mind).
Or even Seryuu...I hate her for killing one of my favorite characters in the series but then again though she kind of snapped, she is still doing what she thinks is right, what she thinks is helping people (mostly she is). Thus I can't bring myself to hate her as much as I thought I would.

And screw you Takahiro for killing two of my top 3 favorite characters but keeping Raba and Mein alive. I hate you :I
Atleast Braht had an epic death...but Schere's death really got to me, especially when in the next scene we see Koro simply munching on her arm like a dog biscuit. She was such an awesome character...why didn't he kill Mein instead...dammit.
Welcome to the club.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2012-07-04 at 22:58.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 20:20   Link #1122
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Finally got around to read this manga, I'm in love. though this manga does a great job at messing up my sense of morality...or something like that. Take Bors for example...he is part of the antagonists...he's a hard working father that follows orders...I don't want him to die, but I know he'll kill someone in Night Raid if he doesn't (unless he kills Raba, I don't mind).
Or even Seryuu...I hate her for killing one of my favorite characters in the series but then again though she kind of snapped, she is still doing what she thinks is right, what she thinks is helping people (mostly she is). Thus I can't bring myself to hate her as much as I thought I would.

And screw you Takahiro for killing two of my top 3 favorite characters but keeping Raba and Mein alive. I hate you :I
Atleast Braht had an epic death...but Schere's death really got to me, especially when in the next scene we see Koro simply munching on her arm like a dog biscuit. She was such an awesome character...why didn't he kill Mein instead...dammit.
Welcome to the thread my friend. Glad that you are reading this, the thing about this Manga it will expose the bad and some good parts of humans (Mostly bad, pretty much everyone knows that in here especially after reading the short story, I only heard details of it best to ask someone else about it). The only thing I disagree about is Seiryuu, personally she just hit the top of my list of character I want to die a horrifying death.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 21:36   Link #1123
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Welcome to the club.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Welcome to the thread my friend. Glad that you are reading this, the thing about this Manga it will expose the bad and some good parts of humans (Mostly bad, pretty much everyone knows that in here especially after reading the short story, I only heard details of it best to ask someone else about it). The only thing I disagree about is Seiryuu, personally she just hit the top of my list of character I want to die a horrifying death.
Thanks
And don't get me wrong, Seryuu is still around the top of my shit list. She killed one of my favorite characters, she deserves a horrible and painful death regardless of her motives and circumstances. I'm just saying that she was also doing her job and what she thought was right, which is what some of the "antagonists" truly believe, that they are getting rid of evil-doers that threaten the country. When she killed Schere I couldn't possibly hate her more, but then I paused for a moment, thought about it and my hate diminished a bit.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 22:22   Link #1124
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Thanks
And don't get me wrong, Seryuu is still around the top of my shit list. She killed one of my favorite characters, she deserves a horrible and painful death regardless of her motives and circumstances. I'm just saying that she was also doing her job and what she thought was right, which is what some of the "antagonists" truly believe, that they are getting rid of evil-doers that threaten the country. When she killed Schere I couldn't possibly hate her more, but then I paused for a moment, thought about it and my hate diminished a bit.
^ This. At least you can understand the characters' and author's motivations. It's beautiful in a way.. The world is full of shades of grey.

There was another manga, I think it was called 'Fire Fire Fire' where the main antagonist sexually assaults and murders someone loveable and you HATE him .. and then he gets turned into a "strong rival" character .. left a sour taste in my mouth. I know it's horrible to say, but part of me is happy that it got cancelled.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 22:39   Link #1125
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
^ This. At least you can understand the characters' and author's motivations. It's beautiful in a way.. The world is full of shades of grey.

There was another manga, I think it was called 'Fire Fire Fire' where the main antagonist sexually assaults and murders someone loveable and you HATE him .. and then he gets turned into a "strong rival" character .. left a sour taste in my mouth. I know it's horrible to say, but part of me is happy that it got cancelled.
The thing is, that guy in Fire Fire Fire was created especially for people to hate him. He was evil, he did evil things for shits and giggles. He was made so people could LOVE to HATE him.

Everyone except the Prime Minister, Esdese and Night Raid's targets are, like you said, shades of grey. They are characters not meant for people to outright hate because they are not necessarily evil, simply on the opposing team believing that it is the right team. The PM on the other hand is a greedy evil bastard that you are supposed to hate and Night Raid's targets are the same. Esdese however is...hmm...well she's a battle maniac. You could say she's also evil since she goes out of her way to START war by ordering her men to rape, pillage and destroy the enemy's homes while keeping some alive so they can attack later. She has this evil bitch queen act aaaaaaaaannnddd then Tatsumi comes into the picture, you see her smile and blush, acting all girly and cute and the hate you're suppose to have just kinda dies down (at least for me it does).
Old 2012-07-04, 22:56   Link #1126
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
The thing is, that guy in Fire Fire Fire was created especially for people to hate him. He was evil, he did evil things for shits and giggles. He was made so people could LOVE to HATE him.

Everyone except the Prime Minister, Esdese and Night Raid's targets are, like you said, shades of grey. They are characters not meant for people to outright hate because they are not necessarily evil, simply on the opposing team believing that it is the right team. The PM on the other hand is a greedy evil bastard that you are supposed to hate and Night Raid's targets are the same. Esdese however is...hmm...well she's a battle maniac. You could say she's also evil since she goes out of her way to START war by ordering her men to rape, pillage and destroy the enemy's homes while keeping some alive so they can attack later. She has this evil bitch queen act aaaaaaaaannnddd then Tatsumi comes into the picture, you see her smile and blush, acting all girly and cute and the hate you're suppose to have just kinda dies down (at least for me it does).
^ Right, I understand. That's why I did the comparison that I did. It would be like if suddenly the PM became the pseudo-ally of Night raid. If I recall, the guy from "FFF" didn't even have a reason for doing the "bad things" other than pure enjoyment.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-07-04, 23:12   Link #1127
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Well Esdese, like the guy from FFF, also does it purely for her own enjoyment. She does some things just to follow orders at times but she mostly lives for the thrill of a good battle.
Old 2012-07-04, 23:32   Link #1128
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Well Esdese, like the guy from FFF, also does it purely for her own enjoyment. She does some things just to follow orders at times but she mostly lives for the thrill of a good battle.
Yep, although as a character, Tatsumi only knows about what she does second hand. If he saw it first hand, he'd probably be so sickened and disgusted that he wouldn't actually be attracted to her!
Old 2012-07-04, 23:45   Link #1129
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Oh he'd still be attracted to her...I mean look at that body (arguably the best in the series) he'd just act more disgusted with her (then again he wouldn't show it, like he did with Seryuu, or risk getting on their bad side).

I'll be honest here, she may be the sadistic bitch queen of the series but for some reason I find myself cheering for Tatsumi x Esdese. Her dere dere side just gets to me (and if she goes full yandere then it'll be perfect)
Old 2012-07-04, 23:54   Link #1130
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Oh he'd still be attracted to her...I mean look at that body (arguably the best in the series) he'd just act more disgusted with her (then again he wouldn't show it, like he did with Seryuu, or risk getting on their bad side).

I'll be honest here, she may be the sadistic bitch queen of the series but for some reason I find myself cheering for Tatsumi x Esdese. Her dere dere side just gets to me (and if she goes full yandere then it'll be perfect)
Actually Esdese can be pretty kind, honorable and very generous though it's mostly extended towards her men and allies. Some of these things Tatsumi has witnessed himself, so her sadism and dere sides aren't her only traits. It's because of this that it's possible for her to switch sides and what makes her such an interesting character.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 02:01   Link #1131
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Actually Esdese can be pretty kind, honorable and very generous though it's mostly extended towards her men and allies. Some of these things Tatsumi has witnessed himself, so her sadism and dere sides aren't her only traits. It's because of this that it's possible for her to switch sides and what makes her such an interesting character.
I think is better say is extended only toward her allies and Tatsumi. But to be fair is probally normal. I think I get it why she act like this but i wait that ch 27 is out traslate.
Although the part with the flower show us that she still love torture ecc. To think that a flower would make her say that.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 08:57   Link #1132
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

She has also stated that she is often nice to her men so they would be more inclined to charge into battle headfirst. Aside from things involving Tatsumi (and possibly a few others) she is only "nice" when it is convenient for her.
But yes, she does have a nice/good side, it's a shame that it only shows to those she truly cares about, the rest can go to hell.

That said...I've checked chapter 27 though I can't read it (dangit) but would it be a fun idea if Tatsumi at some point hit his head while around a Jaeger member or even Esedese herself and lost his memories? Let's say a five chapter thing with Tatsumi somewhat brainwashed by Esedese and him actually fighting Night Raid with Jaeger (it would actually even the numbers funny enough).
Thing is, I loved the chapters when Tatsumi was kidnapped by Esedese. I was hoping for more to happen than what did, ignoring the night dealings between Esedese and Tatsumi, all he did was stand around and see what Jaeger was capable of. I was hoping that at some point they found a member of Night Raid and he joined in on the hunt (secretly helping Night Raid of course) or something of the like.
If he lost his memories (lost his Teigu too) and Esedese implanted fake ones of him being part of Jaeger and her lover all along we could have some great scenes of him fighting Night Raid and Night Raid's reaction to him "betraying" them.

But this is just me and my "what ifs", I love seeing character's reactions to different situations and seeing Night Raid react to this would be nice.
Old 2012-07-05, 09:02   Link #1133
Soji

I always find this kind of route stupid and pointless in the story. And i not think will ever happen ,lucky for us. Honestly i say this on other topic why people want pointless drama is beyond me.
Also betray them? they know too well that Tatsumi would never do something like this.So they would probally know that something is wrong with him.
Old 2012-07-05, 09:06   Link #1134
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
I always find this kind of route stupid and pointless in the story.
Eh, think it would be fun. If it's fun, it's not pointless for me xD

Quote:
And i not think will ever happen ,lucky for us.
Lucky YOU...not us.

Quote:
Honestly i say this on other topic why people want pointless drama is beyond me.
Not pointless drama, actually drama could be kept to a minimum quite easily. It all depends on the reactions and like you said...

Quote:
Also betray them? they know too well that Tatsumi would never do something like this.So they would probally know that something is wrong here.
Which I agree...but wouldn't change the fact that Tatsumi would be swinging a sword at their necks
Old 2012-07-05, 09:15   Link #1135
OverSeer
Inactive Member

Hey Randrak what anime is that avatar from??
OverSeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 09:18   Link #1136
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverSeer View Post
Hey Randrak what anime is that avatar from??
Mouse over it :3
Old 2012-07-05, 09:31   Link #1137
Soji

Quote:
Eh, think it would be fun. If it's fun, it's not pointless for me xD
I call it that way because would be like a reset and would not be Tatsumi anymore.
I always find that plot device a easy way for the author to do something like a restar for some ch that bring almost nothing. is like repeat thing.
Quote:
Lucky YOU...not us.
Like I say in this post this would not be Tatsumi anymore. That's why I say lucky for us.Honestly Tatsumi become a better charater more time past and I not want that something like memory lost make every start again and change him in something else.(but this just me).
Quote:
Not pointless drama, actually drama could be kept to a minimum quite easily. It all depends on the reactions and like you said...
I not think the drama would be kept to the minimum if something like this happen to tell you the true.
Quote:
Which I agree...but wouldn't change the fact that Tatsumi would be swinging a sword at their necks
The problem is they would be death. If Esdes can have her way and start to train him even without Incursio would defeat them pretty easy.Just look how strong he already is. If Esdes can train Tatsumi with memory lost. Then NR would be finish.
They already are again enemy stronger than them if they lost Tatsumi as well they totally finish.
And even if they can fight back there is the problem on how make Tatsumi remember them and make him back the Tatsumi they know.
Old 2012-07-05, 09:52   Link #1138
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
I call it that way because would be like a reset and would not be Tatsumi anymore.
I always find that plot device a easy way for the author to do something like a restar for some ch that bring almost nothing. is like repeat thing.
Well for me it would not only be a fun set-up but having the main character shift sides would also allows us for a better view of the other side. We know the backgrounds of most NR members and how they work, but we don't know that much about Jaeger. Having a couple of chapters with Tatsumi hanging around the others would actually allow for more insight on the Jaeger members (further widening the gray area they already belong to).

Quote:
Like I say in this post this would not be Tatsumi anymore. That's why I say lucky for us.Honestly Tatsumi become a better charater more time past and I not want that something like memory lost make every start again and change him in something else.(but this just me).
I say "Lucky you and not Lucky us" simply because you're implying that everyone thinks it would be a bad decision as if a common consensus has been reached on the matter. In these moments just limit yourself to your opinion, not make it seem that it is everyone elses because there will be plenty of others that do not agree (I've seen plenty of remarks like this take a turn for the worst in a discussion).

And a "restart" would only last until his memory would inevitably return.

Quote:
I not think the drama would be kept to the minimum if something like this happen to tell you the true.
Who knows, depends on the situations they are put in really...

Quote:
The problem is they would be death. If Esdes can have her way and start to train him even without Incursio would defeat them pretty easy.Just look how strong he already is. If Esdes can train Tatsumi with memory lost. Then NR would be finish.
They already are again enemy stronger than them if they lost Tatsumi as well they totally finish.
NR wouldn't necessarily be finished. It was already stated that aside from Esdese, NR and Jaeger are pretty well balanced fighter for fighter. Taking away Tatsumi and putting him in one side for a bit would tip the scale but that in no way means the end of NR, simply that it would be more troublesome. And hey...if Raba or Mein have to die in the meantime then sucks to be them (kidding...I just don't like them).

Who knows what could happen. Tatsumi and another Jaeger could end up fighting one or two NR members and in the end Tatsumi would kill the Jaeger with his memories having returned. Raba could get killed making Tatsumi's memories return and in turn kill the Jaeger...many things could happen...NR being annihilated would merely be one of many possibilities (and one with low likelihood of coming true)
Old 2012-07-05, 10:36   Link #1139
Soji

W
Quote:
Well for me it would not only be a fun set-up but having the main character shift sides would also allows us for a better view of the other side. We know the backgrounds of most NR members and how they work, but we don't know that much about Jaeger. Having a couple of chapters with Tatsumi hanging around the others would actually allow for more insight on the Jaeger members (further widening the gray area they already belong to).
But we already have ch about them and that's why we know something about the Jeaster.So you want even more ch about them?
Quote:
I say "Lucky you and not Lucky us" simply because you're implying that everyone thinks it would be a bad decision as if a common consensus has been reached on the matter. In these moments just limit yourself to your opinion, not make it seem that it is everyone elses because there will be plenty of others that do not agree (I've seen plenty of remarks like this take a turn for the worst in a discussion).
Sorry . You're right I use the wrong word there. I will more carefull from now on.
Quote:
And a "restart" would only last until his memory would inevitably return.
True. I can't deny this....although would be pretty hard for him have his memory back. We already see that this manga is not one where friendship or something like this solve everythingl. So like you say in this post someone would probally die or something bad would happen to some one if this happen.And Akame would be the first to risk something bad to her if this scenario happen(I say this because what she say to him in ch 19. I don't think i need to remind you her word right?).
Quote:
Who knows, depends on the situations they are put in really...
That's true. But we already see that this author not have problem to go with the worst route. I mean....we already see 2 NR die and other bad thing happen.So I suppose if something like this happen he would take one of the route with plenty of drama. Or at least this is what i think.
Quote:
NR wouldn't necessarily be finished. It was already stated that aside from Esdese, NR and Jaeger are pretty well balanced fighter for fighter. Taking away Tatsumi and putting him in one side for a bit would tip the scale but that in no way means the end of NR, simply that it would be more troublesome. And hey...if Raba or Mein have to die in the meantime then sucks to be them (kidding...I just don't like them).
If Esdes train him and we have some kind of time skip. Then they will be in a really bad situation. After all tatsumi have the potential to become General class lv and if Esdes train him in a scenario like this. i not know if some one can fight him back.About Mein and Raba they are probally the 2 with more probally to die next.

Quote:
Who knows what could happen. Tatsumi and another Jaeger could end up fighting one or two NR members and in the end Tatsumi would kill the Jaeger with his memories having returned. Raba could get killed making Tatsumi's memories return and in turn kill the Jaeger...many things could happen...NR being annihilated would merely be one of many possibilities (and one with low likelihood of coming true)
True again. But i'm not so sure that Raba death would be enough to make Tatsumi remember everything if this kind of scenario happen.Although I'm sure Tatsumi would fill pretty bad to kill one of his friend even if he was not himself.
Old 2012-07-05, 10:53   Link #1140
NeutralZero

really don't get it with the amnesia plot...
The only side in the rebellion army the story so far shown us is with nightraid, nothing more nothing less...
For a better view on the other side c15 prove some of it without even without Tatsumi and partial glimpse of it every now and then... with and without him at that...
What will be more interesting is the view of the Rebellion army in their perspective that didn't involve night raid at all... using that we or one could get a partial view of the whole situation...
Besides it doesn't mean they're fighting against an evil opponent doesn't make them evil themselves...
In case of Tatsumi fighting against Nightraid in a what-if scenario... think its better to have a brainwashed Tatsumi (by third/fourth party at best) than an amnesiac one... just for preference...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!