AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-15, 06:23   Link #21
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Can't wait for the pics of Akainu getting beaten up by Whitebeard. From the description I can't help but imagine something similar to Bellamy getting stomped by Luffy, 10 times more epic.

And I'm so glad Luffy didn't have a super saiyan moment. I think he's finally down for the count in this war... That's not surprising after all he's been through physically and now emotionally.
Old 2010-02-15, 07:40   Link #22
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
Akainu gets taken out in 2 hits??? is that it? no big fight scenes or nething?
You have to remember that the reason that the world is a hellhole is because the Marines are so weak. The World Goverment is a failed nation the same as Somalia.
Old 2010-02-15, 07:50   Link #23
shankss
CP10

I hope there are some females in those mysterious figures to counter Nami and Robin.Other than that, I dont like Oda using Akainu only to prove a point and then leaving him to die.I had such hopes for that character's future.
Old 2010-02-15, 07:57   Link #24
SMASHERJACKSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
I hope there are some females in those mysterious figures to counter Nami and Robin.Other than that, I dont like Oda using Akainu only to prove a point and then leaving him to die.I had such hopes for that character's future.
i think hes just ko'd.
Old 2010-02-15, 07:58   Link #25
Battler-kun

Zehahahahaha.

Blackbeard D. Teach is pretty much gonna be the new Yonkou to replace WB now.
Fantastic.
Old 2010-02-15, 07:59   Link #26
SMASHERJACKSON

i think op readers understand enough with aces death the climate of the new world, i personally think that now that bb has showed up it would bea great op for oda to make wb shine even if he does eventually get taken out.
Old 2010-02-15, 08:00   Link #27
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
In Impel Down Ivankov mentioned three legendary pirates San Juan Wolf, Bisco Shot, and Catarina Devon, since the spoiler mentioned that Blackbeard has added three legendary pirates most likely Catarina will either represent Nami, or Robin.
Old 2010-02-15, 08:23   Link #28
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

I hope Blackbeard completely demolishes what's left of Marinford. If he's not there to do that, there isn't much point to his showing up.
Old 2010-02-15, 08:30   Link #29
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Darn!! Why did Ace have to die!! Everytime Luffy gets nearly killed i thought his father would turn up... but right now there's only one lord that can clear up all the mess. Shanks.. slowpoke what's taking you so long??

This epic battle takes pretty long.... not only that i would've assumed that Luffy's nakama would've arrived aswell. If Blackbeard is there... then Shanks will probably go for his head..
Ace was next to Shanks one of the greatest characters...
Old 2010-02-15, 08:56   Link #30
Rurik
Golden

It makes sense that WB took down Aikanu in no more than 2 hits, why I didn’t get is why WB acted now and not a before...

What is more important to me is to see how Ace presumed death is going to change Luffy's character, I doubt there is going to be a change in personality, but some change should be done after this, Like some have mentioned, ever since reaching Sanbaody, he only has observed failure after Failure, Failures that needs to get trough him in order to continue with his Journey.
Old 2010-02-15, 09:11   Link #31
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
It makes sense that WB took down Aikanu in no more than 2 hits, why I didn’t get is why WB acted now and not a before...
He couldn't use the full extent of his powers because it would hit his crew as well.

Now that he has ordered all of them to retreat, he has the entire battlefield for himself to unleash all his wrath.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2010-02-15, 09:39   Link #32
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
I hope Blackbeard completely demolishes what's left of Marinford. If he's not there to do that, there isn't much point to his showing up.
I think he just wants to see how this war plays out for his own amusement. Whitebeard is gonna die, he knows it & he plans to sink all of Marineford....

I just hope BB isn't there to finish off WB's crew...because if so...they're pretty much screwed since Marco is their only Top tier fighter left...
Old 2010-02-15, 11:25   Link #33
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

i hope this puts those dumbass ultimate weapon conspiracies.
Old 2010-02-15, 13:37   Link #34
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
I just hope BB isn't there to finish off WB's crew...because if so...they're pretty much screwed since Marco is their only Top tier fighter left...

What about Vista? He's a Haki user and was able to hold his own against Mihawk, so he should be able to take on Blackbeard's crew, as well.....

But I do agree that it's not necessary for Blackbeard to finish off Whitebeard. After all, there's still plenty of powerful marines left who can finish the job, anyway.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post

MihawkXGP already answered this, but I just want to add that Blackbeard's line at the end of the summary should have made his purpose at Marineford clear enough.
Old 2010-02-15, 13:56   Link #35
Azncoke123

I'm just wondering how did BB get away from The Warden.
Old 2010-02-15, 14:07   Link #36
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azncoke123 View Post
I'm just wondering how did BB get away from The Warden.
In the chaos following Luffy's escape, Blackbeard with his small group could have conceivably slipped out of the front door. Or, they simply took care of Magellan.

I think the real question is what Blackbeard has done, or will do, to earn the respect (or at least right to lead) of these high level people.
Old 2010-02-15, 14:31   Link #37
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Until we get the actual chapter, and Blackbeard saying specifically that he has no intention of completely demolishing Marinford, I can and will continue to hope that's what he's going to do. He can always wait until after WB is dead, afterall.

I imagine that Blackbeard and a lot of the Level 6 prisoners think alike. Combine that with the fact that he's giving them freedom they wouldn't otherwise have, and I think it's pretty easy to see why they'd at least follow him. I think it's a little too early to be talking about respect, but I'm sure he's capable of earning it. Though, he did just waltz right into the prison, take what he wanted, and apparently leave right after. That's pretty hardcore, and worthy of respect, if you ask me.
Old 2010-02-15, 14:51   Link #38
Rainbowman

My review:

Whitebeard attacks Akainu knocking him out of battle and damages Marine HQ. Blackbeard appears along with Shiryuu and some mysterious Impel Down prisoners and witnessing Whitebeard's last actions. I wonder if Blackbeard is going to finish Whitebeard off with a black hole attack?
Old 2010-02-15, 16:14   Link #39
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
In the chaos following Luffy's escape, Blackbeard with his small group could have conceivably slipped out of the front door. Or, they simply took care of Magellan.

I think the real question is what Blackbeard has done, or will do, to earn the respect (or at least right to lead) of these high level people.
I always wondered myself how BB would've get out of ID. He still had to open the gates which Bon Kurei had to sacrifice himself for. So I do wonder if they took out Magellan & co cause else I don't see how they could've opened the gates. It's one of those things that have to be answered I find, like who opened the gates on MHQ side for Luffy and co.

And wouldn't it be like Zoro with Luffy? Blackmailing with the option of staying there or following him. And like DJtrouble said, it's already quite impressive to get to lvl 6 itself though the chaos Luffy created and getting Shiryuu on his side did simplify things tremendously for him.
Old 2010-02-15, 16:31   Link #40
marvelB

Speaking of the mysterious opening of Marineford's gates of justice, maybe it's possible that Blackbeard's fifth new ally is the one who opened it.....?

Actually, this reminds me of a (admittedly far-fetched) theory I came up with around the time the war began, which involved the possibility of the perp who opened the gates being Garp's subordinate, Bogart. As I pointed out back then, we haven't seen or heard from him at all since Water 7 (coincidentally, Ace's fight with Blackbeard took place right after that storyline ended). Maybe it's possible that Bogart betrayed the marines and joined Blackbeard's side......?
Closed Thread