AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-06, 09:29   Link #481
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
The main character fell in love with another dude? Wow, you read more into things than fujoshi do.
I don't know about that. Everything that happens in anime is done with a purpose, so if they decided to insert a close-up of Shiro blushing while Kurou's holding him, they must want the audience to draw some conclusion from that. "Love" might be a bit strong, but it's not like the fujoshi and anti-fujoshi crowds are just making it up.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 09:32   Link #482
Kirarakim

I tried watching the first episode and here are my thoughts

I don't think the issue is everything is not explained in the first episode. As others have said info dumps are not actually a good thing. It's good to have the viewer want to discover the answers as the series moves on.

I think the issue with K is it establishes itself from the first episode as look at how pretty I am but not much else. You don't have to give answers in the first episode but after the first episode I have nothing to be invested in at all. There are no answers I want to find out because I just don't care. It's just a lot of flash.

Now compare this with From the New World's first episode. That also didn't give us an info dump and I certainly have more questions than answers but from the first episode it established that there is an interesting story to be told...it sparked my interest with the little details it gave.

Is it fine that K was just a lot of flash in the first episode? I guess! However, the first episode sets the tone for the rest of the series. It should be telling us why we want to watch this. Maybe the rest of the series will be absolutely brilliant but why waste your first episode like that?
Old 2012-10-06, 09:40   Link #483
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
I don't know about that. Everything that happens in anime is done with a purpose, so if they decided to insert a close-up of Shiro blushing while Kurou's holding him, they must want the audience to draw some conclusion from that. "Love" might be a bit strong, but it's not like the fujoshi and anti-fujoshi crowds are just making it up.
Fujoshis went crazy at any Rider/Waver moment in fate/zero,didn't stop the otakus from enjoying the show
Old 2012-10-06, 09:45   Link #484
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
I don't find the plot is confusing tbh, its pretty simple even.

Its like those hong kong comic, they're just fighting against each other.
Plot? This one is the most confusing instead. Not sure what to think of this, i might jump on when i actually have a goddamn clue on what’s going to happen here. characters and art are cool and all, but if i come into this expecting a plot i better damn well get a freaking plot.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 09:47   Link #485
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Fujoshis went crazy at any Rider/Waver moment in fate/zero,didn't stop the otakus from enjoying the show
Fujoshi go crazy at any close male relationship (whether its just friendship or something more). It doesn't take a lot.

I am not a fujoshi or anti-fujoshi. I usually enjoy the same character relationships fujoshi fans do. I just tend to not see the relationships the same way as them (I see m/m close friendship which I love, unless it's something like No. 6).

But I certainly don't care if someone sees or enjoys something I don't. So I am at a loss why fujoshi fangirling bothers certain fans so much.

Actually to me fujoshi fangirling is a good thing because that means there is a chance to be *gasp* merchandise with the male characters. Otherwise you are usually out of luck.
Old 2012-10-06, 09:53   Link #486
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Quote:
Yes, that was fujoshi fanservice, but it was no more fujoshi fanservice than girls with big boobs would be pandering to straight guys. I'm saying that some anti-fujoshis should just ignore it instead of getting all whiny and uppity about the entire show and saying they'd drop it because it "will eventually degrade into yaoi sex".
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 09:55   Link #487
brocko

The show is pandering to both crowds anyway. Everyone gets a bit of what they want.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 10:01   Link #488
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Is it too early to nominate this thread to be the most pointless thread that will be filled with the most /slashwrist every week despite also being one of the most viewed/posted-to threads?

Or, from another perspective, a thread that is going to be impossible to have any real discussions in?
And then, it gets it's own subforum wow...:P
Old 2012-10-06, 10:03   Link #489
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
... I can't seem to tell which one is supposed to be which.
Hong Kong comics: Testosterone overload.
This: Probably estrogen overload for the males existing in this show. /joke

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 10:15   Link #490
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
Hong Kong comics: Testosterone overload.
This: Probably estrogen overload for the males existing in this show. /joke
Oh, I thought you were talking about Homura and SCEPTER. :P
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 10:17   Link #491
brocko

How can there be more estrogen when there's more male-testosterone-making characters in the show, what nonsense lol

Unless the female characters are uber queen estrogen production machines or something

Jokes aside, Fujoshi's are probably being served with a greater variety of choices when compared to vice versa though lol

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 10:20   Link #492
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
Yyyyep, and the difference being? One is full of testosterone (and possibily female hormone overload for the ladies) overdose, while the other is full of pretty guys.
I seen some of them that full of bishies too, well what I mean is the "plot" that you need to think is some guys want to beat each other up, the sword n other stuff maybe just a excuse to their battle royale.

See? I think I'm already understand what the whole series about.
Old 2012-10-06, 10:28   Link #493
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Fujoshi go crazy at any close male relationship (whether its just friendship or something more). It doesn't take a lot.
Oh I know,I'm partial to Yuri (I watch Rinne no lagrange for goodness sake ) but don't mind BL

I agree that the show is trying to pander to both demographics at the same time because....

Quote:
Unless the female characters are uber queen estrogen production machines or something
The amount of estrogen neko produced in just 5 seconds of this ep is off the charts
Old 2012-10-06, 10:36   Link #494
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

^ Yep, Neko is providing the estrogen for the title. So to balance that off, the female fans have all of the guys.

Quote:
I think that
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-10-06, 10:59   Link #495
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
I think what we're supposed to take from it is that the male lead is probably gay (or at least bi). It doesn't necessarily mean that this particular pairing will be a BL pairing, but it does give a very clear hint to the male lead's sexual preferences.

That being said, I doubt this anime will go any farther than No. 6 did (and it may well not even go that far).

Given all the yuri shows out there, I honestly think that the fujoshis shouldn't be begrudged a show that's for them for a change (that's not to say that you have to be a fujoshi to like the show, but I think it's pretty clear that this show is aiming to please fujoshis).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I tried watching the first episode and here are my thoughts

I don't think the issue is everything is not explained in the first episode. As others have said info dumps are not actually a good thing.
Actually, not all of us are saying that.

Sometimes you need info dumps, and so sometimes they're a good thing. Frankly, this show needs an info dump after this kind of first episode.

Look, scenes tend to be much, much better when they have proper build-up and contextualization. To achieve that, sometimes (if not often) you need info-dumps. Info-dumps are only truly a problem when they get too big for their own good (Horizon immediately comes to mind for me here). But as long as an info-dump doesn't get too ambitious for its own good, they can be good and effective narrative devices.

Quote:
I think the issue with K is it establishes itself from the first episode as look at how pretty I am but not much else.
And do you know why K is giving that impression to many viewers? Because we know very, very little about any of these characters, including the main character.

I'd have a lot less issue with this if we at least knew something substantive about our lead character (aside from what I already discussed with Utsuro no Hako).
Old 2012-10-06, 11:11   Link #496
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Well this is interesting. While the 1st episode hasn't revealed much of the plot, i'm very impressed with the visuals and soundtrack. Here's hoping we find out more of the story of why there people with powers in a city.
Old 2012-10-06, 11:17   Link #497
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
The show is pandering to both crowds anyway. Everyone gets a bit of what they want.
True, and I no problems with the show so far. The characters, music, visuals and story (little of it shown) look appealing. I'm really interested in knowing what the the two groups goals are, their powers, and how it involves Shiro.
Old 2012-10-06, 12:14   Link #498
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
And do you know why K is giving that impression to many viewers? Because we know very, very little about any of these characters, including the main character.

I'd have a lot less issue with this if we at least knew something substantive about our lead character (aside from what I already discussed with Utsuro no Hako).
But I don't agree with this. I think it is fine for shows to give only little glimpses of who the characters are in early episodes. This is called character building.

The problem isn't that K doesn't give this information, the problem is it doesn't give anything except for action & visuals. I think that is my problem with the first episode, right from the beginning its saying style is more important than story. The style is the hook not the story.

The fact that we are saying this has elements clearly targeting fujoshi & Otaku is also a negative to me. I don't think those elements are bad per say, but when that is what you are selling the series with...

Now K can end up having an excellent story with excellent characters but this is not what the first episode is selling to its audience. That is what the problem is for me.
Old 2012-10-06, 12:33   Link #499
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
It still reeks tackiness for just having 3 girls for the males to ogle at while the females get a much larger selection. I'm more worried what kind of significant role the girls will play. I still think they should have added a few more female characters if they really wanted to aimed at both sides
Old 2012-10-06, 12:46   Link #500
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
It still reeks tackiness for just having 3 girls for the males to ogle at while the females get a much larger selection. I'm more worried what kind of significant role the girls will play. I still think they should have added a few more female characters if they really wanted to aimed at both sides
The guys have 2 busty females with one being a catgirl no less, one moe female and one gothic lolita. Also, the guys get the fights and anything potential that happens with random females in the school.

The girls get 8 males and a potential couple.

Seems balanced to me. They've covered most of the common fetishes imo.

Tags
action, bishonen, fantasy, gang, supernatural