3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-01-23, 00:05   Link #81
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

This episode got me right in the feels. Naze and Amida were amazing people, and they went out like true champs. They'll be rembered.

Iok is undoubtedly one of the worst scumbags I've seen in any media at all for quite some time. I hope his fall and/or death is painful and ironic. Julieta and Jaxley as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Eh, Teiwaz itself is like half a shady organization, so I wouldn't be surprised if infighting like this is either tolerated, or at least turned a blind eye on as long as it doesn't truly affect the head honcho. Teiwaz is pretty much space Yakuza, and goodness knows there's plenty of infighting within the Yakuza.
Letting sub-bosses go around fighting not only causes problem for the organization, but might end up giving them ideas about the boss, so I can't imagine McMurdo tolerating it.

Selling folks out to the cops is even worse than that. People like that can only be a danger to the organization in the end, so I think McMurdo will purge him once they've got proof.

Quote:
I'm loving Iok though. Someone who truly believes he is right, and yet isn't above using wrongs to make a right.
Iok is actually worse than this.

Carta believed she was right, she was just totally braindead. Iok doesn't give a crap about right or wrong, just his "honour", which basically translates to doing what's best for the Kujan family and Iok.

Quote:
Either Okada kills him in the end to give us catharsis for being quite possibly the most hated villain in all of Gundam, or she's keeping him alive long enough to see how his actions is not only ruining his life, but of those he is trying to protect. Heck, it won't even be above Okada to give him some tear-jerking redemption story in the end, so I'm really interested how she plans to resolve his character.
I'm hoping he dies shamefully, but it might be more fun to see him groveling after being stripped of everything.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-23, 00:05   Link #82
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Wrong link for that tag, asaqe.
Yeah, it took me a while to fix it. But that picture made me think about Orga's situation right now. Back then he would just accept the consequences of saving those close to him, here he just lets himself be put into this situation and there is no telling if more people will die because of him.
Old 2017-01-23, 01:02   Link #83
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I wouldn't put it past Jasley to make some kind of snide false-sympathetic line from the sidelines.

Also, the shot from the PV actually looks more like a wake. Nobody other than some of the Turbine girls and a few of Tekkadan are there. So the full funeral might be later.

I'm also sure that if Rustal can get full information on Iok's contacts then Macky using Isurugi's information network should be able to find out also. Iok isn't that good at covering his tracks.

I can't even see Eugene about to strike out at McMurdo. He's been pretty level headed this season. That's why I think it's Jasley that has pissed him off. Nobody else would really have reason to.
There's probably no body left to hold the normal funeral...

Nah, I still doubt Jasley will show up there. Tekkadan are standing by one of the doors and from the background and the order (Eugene still on Orga's left), it's clearly the same time and place when Eugene acts out. And the direction of his look is strange, to the side and down, like he's not looking at someone in particular.

Since according to interviews with the VAs, Eugene's admiration for Orga only grows and he tries to unconsciously copy him as much as he can, and Nagai even asked Umehara (Eugene's VA) to say his more inspirational lines (like what Eugene said to the new recruits in episode 1) like Orga, I wouldn't put it past him to be hot-headed there, like Orga can be at times, except Orga is changing himself, too, getting wiser and better at controlling his impulses. If not Barriston, then I guess Eugene might want to go find Jasley, but that's an obviously futile, even harmful, act at this point because Tekkadan are pretty powerless atm, that's why Orga has to stop him. My speculation, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
And we can't forget about the mastermind Jasley that's behind all this. His shadiness needs to be brought to light for Teiwaz to see.
Teiwaz is the space mafia. They're shady by definition. It's just that there might be lines not to be crossed even for them, and Jasley has probably crossed such a line. We'll know from what Barriston does next, I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
So someone noticed this was the same introspective doubt that he also had when Shino was mourning the loss of his friends on the Brewers Raid. Mika was right, Orga let his brother die just because he thinks taking risks will ruin everything they fought for. But better to have Naze angry at Orga and on the run vs the deaths and the ineveitable power grab Jasley has planned and the fallout of taking revenge.
That's one way to interpret those scenes alright, but I personally disagree with that interpretation. For all we know, Mika might be feeling something like regret at not being there for Orga as Orga's sword when he needed him badly (to send him, along with Akihiro and Shino and make a difference.)
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-23, 02:10   Link #84
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

seriously, Iok wanted to leave the bridge of his ship not in combat mode thus of it being exposed to danger, that after getting shot by Amida then getting rammed by Naze, its like he wanted a death wish to happen so that the audience feels pleased, a brilliant tease if you will, not sure he was injured from that,

also the Julia getting damaged on its first debut by friendly fire that may hurt Julieta, blame Iok on that too.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-23, 02:51   Link #85
Tenzen12

I think Jasley will show up on funeral, if just for sake of smug. He might also come as good brother and accepting poor girls under his motherly wings....
Old 2017-01-23, 04:01   Link #86
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
For those of you wondering about Iok's survival, the bridge of his ship was visibly intact after the Hammerhead glanced off of it. I'm certain he's alive.
Well realistically speaking, given how cracked the window was on the bridge after Amida shot it, the Hammerheads impact should have easily shattered the glass

Though they probably bailed from the bridge offscreen right before impact

What would be most funny though is that Iok IS dead and the writers were trolling us by denying us any full sense of closure/revenge
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-23, 05:06   Link #87
Key Board
Carbon

The thing is, Iok is a necessary villain
Other characters are in a more gray area, but it's really easy to hate Iok
The show needs someone to hate
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-23, 05:35   Link #88
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post

So someone noticed this was the same introspective doubt that he also had when Shino was mourning the loss of his friends on the Brewers Raid. Mika was right, Orga let his brother die just because he thinks taking risks will ruin everything they fought for. But better to have Naze angry at Orga and on the run vs the deaths and the ineveitable power grab Jasley has planned and the fallout of taking revenge.
I kind of have to totally disagree with this interpetation. If you look back to when they lost others like Biscuit, this was sort of his response then too. I think he hurts more for Orga than he hurts for himself. I honestly can't remember a time I have seen Mika cry once.
And I think they have established enough times that Mika's faith and loyalty is unshakable. Its really as necessary as breathing at this point considering their co-dependence.

Naze wasn't angry at Orga, and also if you really link back all of the events that led to this, none of it was Orga's fault, not even his ambition.

This all first started with Dawn Horizon and McGillis paying Tekkadan to do a job in taking out the pirates. It's a job, so they do it. The full alliance doesn't come till later.
After they finish their job, McMurdo gifts them the half-metal mine as a gift for a reward for what they did. In the mind, they accidentally unearth Hashmal. Tekkadan can't figure out what it is so they contact the foremost authority on ancient tech. McGillis realizes what it is and tells them to stop immediately don't touch it. JASLEY, annoyed at Tekkadan getting all the glory, contacts IOK, who decides that Macky must be up to no good and comes to crash the party. And thus a carefully put together plan to NOT wake up the MA is ruined and the resulting battle costs the lives of hundreds of civilians, Tekkadan members, Iok's men, and Mika's mobility. IOK, who is pretty much completely responsible for ALL of that, decides instead to blame everything on someone else. First he tries to go after McGillis, but the council shuts him down and Rustal warns him that he is one step away away from breaking an alliance with him. Iok shocked and angry and still looking for someone to blame (anyone but HIMSELF) decides that somehow Tekkadan is to blame, even though they were the ones that sacrificed a lot in order to beat Hashmal and had to clean up his mess. So, now Iok is obsessed with Tekkadan since he can't get McGilis. JASLEY, who is still annoyed how Naze and Tekkaden as still the favored ones, uses this to his advantage and manipulates Iok into going after the Turbines as a way to get Naze out of the way. And the rest is history.

So, long story short, in an interesting turn of events, Orga's decision to make Tekkadan Kings of Mars had really nothing to do with this situation. Other than perhaps making Jasley just a little more jealous, but to be honest, he was that way to begin with. Every fault lies with Idiok and Jasley as they are not only the ones responsible for Naze's murder (and yes, it was murder) but also for the events and motivations that led up to it in the first place.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-23, 13:01   Link #89
Ernietheracefan

I'd like to see Rustal getting pissed with Idiok's action. It wouldn't end well for him..

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-23, 16:38   Link #90
John117xCortana

Theres something I don't quite get. What was that look McMurdo gave to Mika when Mika said he can see it clearly in McMurdo's eyes that his mind is made up?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-23, 19:07   Link #91
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
I hope to see a conversation between Rustal and Iok go something like this:
Let me get this straight. You used illegal weapons, refused to accept surrender, attacked unarmed transports, the Turbines were defending... and you STILL lost a ship?!
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-23, 19:14   Link #92
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
I hope to see a conversation between Rustal and Iok go something like this:
Let me get this straight. You used illegal weapons, refused to accept surrender, attacked unarmed transports, the Turbines were defending... and you STILL lost a ship?!
"AND you used your full force against such a small group, which Julieta also noted. And oh yeah, that small group did not even plan to fight back, so that small group eventually became one ship and one MS.

AND what's that? You almost died because you refused to put the bridge in combat mode EVEN AFTER your subordinate asked you about it?"

Something tells me that this is the real reason why Julieta went out in her new mobile suit.
kgrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-23, 19:31   Link #93
DmonHiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrodriguez View Post
Something tells me that this is the real reason why Julieta went out in her new mobile suit.

Guy: Sir, shouldn't we put our armor up?
Idiok: Nope, we don't need it.
Julietta: Well, time to go test my MS far away from you guys. Good luck with the incompetent commander.
Old 2017-01-23, 20:06   Link #94
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Theres something I don't quite get. What was that look McMurdo gave to Mika when Mika said he can see it clearly in McMurdo's eyes that his mind is made up?
I think he realized that Mika had just put him on the kill list.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-23, 20:45   Link #95
DmonHiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
I think he realized that Mika had just put him on the kill list.
Not even close. Mika is really good at figuring out what people really mean. He's kind of a living lie detector. He could tell that McMurdo really wanted to help Naze, but couldn't.
Old 2017-01-23, 20:49   Link #96
DMurphy

I also think that Rustal is going to be furious that Iok nearly hurt Julieta. Because we've already seen Rustal comfort Julieta, advise her that he needs her for more than just her strength, and had Vidar say that he didn't think Rustal would let Julieta test pilot that suit (even though we know that she's his best pilot, so the implication is 'because it's too risky'). Rustal clearly cares for Julieta a lot, maybe even as if she were his daughter.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-23, 21:01   Link #97
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
I also think that Rustal is going to be furious that Iok nearly hurt Julieta. Because we've already seen Rustal comfort Julieta, advise her that he needs her for more than just her strength, and had Vidar say that he didn't think Rustal would let Julieta test pilot that suit (even though we know that she's his best pilot, so the implication is 'because it's too risky'). Rustal clearly cares for Julieta a lot, maybe even as if she were his daughter.
Assuming Julietta blabs about it depending on how personally she took it

Iok has been a PITA for her so far, but somehow, miraculously, she still haven't snapped yet whereas the fanbase, and even Rustal to a degree, already has
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-23, 21:23   Link #98
Router25
World Connector. I think

I'm sure there won't be any investigations into this. One reason is that this fleet only consists the whole Kujan faction so in what I've seen in this episode, they will ,and they shall wash it off and say thay "the Turbines fought us".
This kinda feels to me like how things are happening here IRL Philippines.
Old 2017-01-23, 22:45   Link #99
larethian

Only found time to catch up on the series these few days.

With all the death flags: not putting bridge down, and Julieta moving out, I thought Iok would most certainly die.........

But damn, this episode delivered in emotional impact and makes Iron Blood stand above a number of other Gundam shows, even when I already expected something like that to happen with that sudden flashback narration about Naze and Turbines.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-23, 23:36   Link #100
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Not even close. Mika is really good at figuring out what people really mean. He's kind of a living lie detector. He could tell that McMurdo really wanted to help Naze, but couldn't.
I think that McMurdo takes an interest in Mika simply because he's not like anyone else under his command. Mika is never intimidated by him, he doesn't seek to please him, he doesn't fear him. Mika is honestly the only person that is completely secure in who he is. He is more like a man in his 50s than one who is only 15/16. He knows who and what he is, and he's completely comfortable with it.

McMurdo is nice and he'll talk with him, but he will always tell him the truth and he'll be blunt and upfront about it. Because Mika is not threatened by him. If they get along okay, fine. If McMurdo tries to attack or hurt him or his, he will react the same way he does with anyone else. He doesn't care who you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Router25 View Post
I'm sure there won't be any investigations into this. One reason is that this fleet only consists the whole Kujan faction so in what I've seen in this episode, they will ,and they shall wash it off and say thay "the Turbines fought us".
This kinda feels to me like how things are happening here IRL Philippines.
Well, Iok will have to answer for why he now has an entire ship destroyed and crew of however many killed. So, there will be an investigation, but we don't now yet what will be the response.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote