AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-07, 01:06   Link #1201
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
MOAR Fluff!

Mid-Childa Galaxia Issue #6.9 : Keeping Fit with Males

Spoiler:

All in a day's work of Chro-no Kishi Dan.

Now, who can get all my Sugita references? :3
Apart from what's been said, the only thing i caught was the biting books from harry potter Although, that's not really Sugita...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
@Nightengale

I've got 'Bankai' and 'Haruhi'

Yes Kha, I have finally been baited into this... I'm making a habit to check here just to read Nightengale's 'articles'
Welcome Chaos to the insanity..
Especially Kha and his Bluecheesium......

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Got myself to finish Act II of Serge's background:

Spoiler for Dance of the Demons - Act II:

Well, surely Mr. Head Investigator couldn't be defeated just yet Or could he? Act III should be ready by weekend
Awesome work!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
I originally intended to create Lancelot as a villain from the very beginning. So, yeah, what you see is what you got.

I know. Now where are Kha & Aaron?!
=======

oh, Hikki's going to be very happy babysitting all of them

=====================

I have updated profiles of the Belkan Gunslingers & The History of Britannia and uploaded them at Blog. Check them out here and here.

Now I just need to PM Erio to add them in the link post.

======================

I don't know, but basically as long as the villains are not overpowered and around the reasonable circle of logic, I think it's safe to do so.
Great Characters USB!!! No complaints about the gunslingers. Although Arthur/Lancelot's background/spells are a bit too blantant in the references.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Enjoy the view then... it's gonna fly by faster than you can see it

Here's something for Kha while I was scrounging my photobucket:

Spoiler for Arrancar Mode 2 Knight Armor?:
That's really cool!! Who drew it?
Old 2007-06-07, 01:21   Link #1202
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Ha. Aside from the obvious ones like Kyon/Haruhi and Bullet from SRW, none of you got it right.

I thought the fact that I made Haruhi a previous assignment for him obvious. All the Sugita references are about anime/games with his voices in it that are currently airing/or in recording session. :3

The SRW one, obvious. I even put in the Huckenbein = Gundam so not in SRW rumor in it.

And the Bankai one is technically, right and wrong. It's actually Gintama, a comedy parody anime where Sugita's character keeps complaining how much better would it be if he had Bankai.

The Jomy one...go watch Toward the Terra. Damn good sci-fi anime, with a SERIOUS non-comedy Sugita role.

And Zearth is Bokurano...

Haruhi is well...Haruhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Hayate: ...
Kha: ...
Both: ......

Both: SHINJI!!! YOU'RE A GENIUS!!!!!!

Sof: They're even scarier when they agree with each other.
???: I dunno... I kinda prefer my mecha-meido hybrids to look simple with a classical look, and still retain the atmosphere of balance between mecha and mahou. Kinda like this. :3

Spoiler:

Both:

???: Like it? *dissapears*

Both: Wait! Who said that?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-06-07, 01:21   Link #1203
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Why is "any level" not a good answer?

Basically, it depends on what sort of villain you want to have. Someone who can pwn the Aces with sheer magical power needs a high (SSS or something) rating. Someone who creates an army to do the pwning may not need something that high; we don't know what magical rating Scaglietti has, for example.

And then there's another sort of villain, the master manipulator, who may have zero ability in magic, but is able to waltz into the highest echelons of command with his/her silver tongue and turn allies against one another.

Personally, I'm biased towards low-magic villains, but those with high charisma and intelligence. One of the hardest villains to defeat is the one which nobody bothers looking for, since they're all busy fighting one another.

I'd make a comparison to Lex Luthor, but there's too many counter-examples in the comics already, so I'll just refrain. Instead, if you've seen Read Or Die (the ROD TV series in particular), consider how much actual power Mr. Joker/Carpenter has.

EDIT: And then there's the "Not Applicable" of, say, AI villains, which have a venerable tradition in science fiction from HAL to SHODAN to Guilty Spark.
- Well if anyone here says "any level", he's a target for the sniper rifle... no, make it a BGM-109 TLAM-N variant.

- well like Kha said, he's a bit of both... that's why his rank was labeled as 'X', even though the magical capability may be lesser than / equal to a person such as Nanoha.

- well if said villain had enough lieutenants to keep the good guys busy- he'll be hard to find as well... unless one cracks- and with tons of conventional and 'unconventional' methods the bureau employs, who would not crack under moegatons of moe?

- *nods* All Hail Joker yup... the extremely manipulative... but if you couple that kind of villain with something of a S class mage, you might just get a criminal that is of X-class... powerful mind+powerful tools+powerful and plentiful minions = a hard to beat enemy.

Quote:

Kay: If you were ever given a choice Shinji, which would you prefer:

Maids or Mecha?

Shinji: Mecha of course.
Kay: I thought s-
Shinji: BUT!

I also like maids due to their refined and elegant nature that most mecha don't have. But who says you can't have both?
Kay: What do you mean?
Shinji: THIS! The ultimate union of elegant servitude and the marvels of mecha!

Spoiler for ...:

Kay: ... you're incredibly greedy you know.
Now why didn't I think of that...
- I'm getting one of those Otome Vibes again...

- Meka meido banzai!

Quote:
Spoiler for Arrancar Mode 2 Knight Armor?:
i wonder if there any tip and tricks in finding good ***dam girl images in the web...

well, all of the other guys have managed to fish out good ones from that space full of info...
Old 2007-06-07, 01:33   Link #1204
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
???: I dunno... I kinda prefer my mecha-meido hybrids to look simple with a classical look, and still retain the atmosphere of balance between mecha and mahou. Kinda like this. :3

Spoiler:

Both:

Kha: Hmm... I was thinking Bone Dragon when I saw it...
Hayate: I recalled a CG movie from Taiwan...

Both: Hmm...

Kha: She needs more parts!
Hay: Just get rid of the wings and she's perfect!
Old 2007-06-07, 01:44   Link #1205
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
A thought on villains and their Mage Rankings:

As far as I can tell, in the actual canon Nanohaverse, the mage ranking of someone who hasn't actually taken a TSAB-proctored mage ranking exam is based on estimates, especially from some vague form of readings of magical ability ("over 9000" and all that). This measures magical ability and nothing more.

I wonder if there should be another data field for villains: namely, "Threat Rating". A villain with a high Threat Rating may have a low magical rank but is still highly dangerous due to some other factor, be it mechanical or scientific or manipulative genius, or physical strength.

This way, the villain's actual magical ability and their threat level are separate, as I think they should be. Granted, since the mage ranking for non-tested mages is based off estimates anyway, the character in question can use their ingenuity or some other method to seem to have greater magical power than they really do.

-

On a tangent, I'd like to mention that according to Chrono in the first season of MSLN, two things are impossible for magic: to bring the deceased back to life, and to go back in time. Not "forbidden" or "very hard", but "cannot be done".

How one interprets this is up to them.
Old 2007-06-07, 01:45   Link #1206
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Gome! I was fighting fire after my disasterous X-post and so I missed it out.

Emo? Well not as bad as Teana. Now I wonder what Saber would say if she sees him. After all, on one hand her wish was granted, but on the other hand not much has changed. Brilliant reinterpretation of Terran folklore! Maybe I shuld do one for Asian mythology, but I suxx0r at history. Omnislash as a Noble "Illusion" FTW!

Why do I suddenly get Advent Children vibes coming from Lyrical of Time?
Teana is an emo?

hey, maybe you should do one for Asian mythology. Who knows what might come out.

you have partially answered the questions. ironically I also got the vibes of Advent Children after reviewing the character roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
You didn't see mine?
Fine, I'll do an expansion!
First of all, the clone-sword Omnislash ending with a backhand absolutely wins!
Second, an emo king with sealed emotions was epic! The Saber-ism only made it better.
Third, the mention of 'Advent' was a pleasant surprise. I'm assuming JENOVA is lost now. Am I right?
1: thank you, thank you. *bows*
2: I never thought of anything like that.
3: it is lost now, nowhere to be found

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Great Characters USB!!! No complaints about the gunslingers. Although Arthur/Lancelot's background/spells are a bit too blantant in the references.....
I know, the references are a bit too much IMO as well (after all, Arthur was the great-ancestor of Alexandra Enfield, one of the OCs mentioned here).

I just need to complete my works on Guinevere's profile, and the file will be complete.

=============

Quote:

Spoiler:

Both:

Anna: I tell you something: papa likes meido.
Lutecia: how did you know?
Anna: I was using papa's laptop when I saw this weird folder. And it was full of meido pictures. I can't access the hidden files, though.
Lutecia: does that mean papa is lecherous?
Anna: *imitates Konata's smug* for someone like papa, that obsession is normal. Don't worry; papa will be fine. :3
Lutecia:

Shin: Hikki, you're corrupting the kids. Stop it.
Hikki: .........blame my mentor for his meido obsession. *sighs* I actually prefer miko instead.
*somewhere, L*** W*** N** sneezes*
Shin: ........
Alexandra: what is miko?

Last edited by USB500; 2007-06-07 at 02:12.
Old 2007-06-07, 02:13   Link #1207
KBTKaiser

*hears a storm rumbling outside before grabbing the microphone.*

Okay, wiseasses, who activated the weather control? It's still under maintenance, dammit!

Spoiler for Revelations of...SAY WHAT!?! Part 3:

...Okay, maybe I should start jacking up my viewer rating to Teen-17 or R.
Old 2007-06-07, 03:07   Link #1208
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post

Okay, wiseasses, who activated the weather control? It's still under maintenance, dammit!

Errm... great work, KBT. Nice transition to the Mai-HiME world.. though, there probably should have been more interactions between Mabiko-chan and Midori. I'd imagine that she's been wearing a cute animal-ear hat like Shigure Ama, to hide her features.

And an important note: if you're going to attempt to make an omake chapter depicting what happens between Part 3 and Part 4... I suggest making it an R-18.
Old 2007-06-07, 03:25   Link #1209
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Quote:

okay, what was Hayate doing? And what were those voices Mabiko were making?

Otherwise, great mini-chapter
Old 2007-06-07, 03:28   Link #1210
Aaron008R

Quote:

Hayate!!!

Jack it up to R-18, KBT.
Otherwise, it was interesting to see that Mabiko was doing a Guilliam and dimension-hopping quite a lot in the past.
And, poor Zafira. (or should I say lucky?)

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-06-07, 03:32   Link #1211
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

@Chaos: Wel well well, look what the ferret dragged in. Welcome, make yourself at home. Oh, and watch the backlogs, nasty little buggers.

@Nightengale:
Look's like Chrono severely underestimated Yuuno's work.

@Lowe: That... oh dear lord.... that is so incredibly cute. Kha, I think you're going get frequent visits from Keroko when this ship launches.

Oh, and I finished the A's summary! took me till 4 A.M., but it's finished. Hehehe... not sure if I'm totally awake right now. Maybe a bad plan to do this in one night.

Anyway, this summary took a while to finish, mainly because it required me to watch A's, write, rewatch A's, rewrite where necissary. It's so easy to make a decision that alters canon. For example, during the first fight with the Wolkenritter I had Chrono save Keroko, only to realize that the group never really saw Shamal, which means Chrono never got to see the Yami no Sho. Now, of course this could be solved with some plot device, but it would needlesly alter canon. Just a small part of the crisis I was facing when writing this.

Anyway, down to the main part. I may or may not rewrite parts of this (considering the ending was writen when the sun started getting up again, some parts may need to ).

Spoiler for Nanoha A's, Keroko's tale:

Next stop: Tesla's profile, and after that some dramatic and fluff stories centered around Keroko.

Last edited by Keroko; 2007-06-07 at 03:53.
Old 2007-06-07, 03:46   Link #1212
Liingo
Love Hina?

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
@Chaos: Wel well well, look what the ferret dragged in. Welcome, make yourself at home. Oh, and watch the backlogs, nasty little buggers.

@Nightengale:

@Lowe: That... oh dear lord.... that is so incredibly cute. Kha, I think you're going get frequent visits from Keroko when this ship launches.

Oh, and I finished the A's summary! took me till 4 A.M., but it's finished. Hehehe... not sure if I'm totally awake right now. Maybe a bad plan to do this in one night.

Anyway, this summary took a while to finish, mainly because it required me to watch A's, write, rewatch A's, rewrite where necissary. It's so easy to make a decision that alters canon. For example, during the first fight with the Wolkenritter I had Chrono save Keroko, only to realize that the group never really saw Shamal, which means Chrono never got to see the Yami no Sho. Now, of course this could be solved with some plot device, but it would needlesly alter canon. Just a small part of the crisis I was facing when writing this.

Anyway, down to the main part. I may or may not rewrite parts of this (considering the ending was writen when the sun started getting up again, some parts may need to ).

Next stop: Tesla's profile, and after that some dramatic and fluff stories centered around Keroko.

It fits nicely into the cannon story! Good job Keroko!

Tesla and her glaive fit nicely with the rest of the knights as well

Good Job!!
Old 2007-06-07, 03:48   Link #1213
Aaron008R

Quote:

@Nightengale:

WIN!!! It's amazing on how you integrated her to the story. And the unlcked Neltharion power parts were epic! And, Tesla's a gamer?

The only mistake was the part about Chrono almost arresting Shamal. You wrote Signum instead. Good job!

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-06-07, 03:50   Link #1214
KBTKaiser

Quote:
okay, what was Hayate doing? And what were those voices Mabiko were making?

Otherwise, great mini-chapter
Spoiler for R-18 level info:

Quote:
Hayate!!!

Jack it up to R-18, KBT.
Otherwise, it was interesting to see that Mabiko was doing a Guilliam and dimension-hopping quite a lot in the past.
And, poor Zafira. (or should I say lucky?)
Poor Zafira's too busy trying to breathe, I think. The girls are very clingy.

Also, at this moment, I'd say Mabiko is around 10 years old in the story.
Old 2007-06-07, 03:57   Link #1215
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

'Sup, Keroko. Haven't seen you aboard for a while. How's the tour?

=================

This interviews are exclusively done by the Space Magazine, and this time they're interviewing Alexandra, Shin & Hikki.

(got inspired by these interviews of the ACEs somewhere in this thread )

Spoiler for yaay:

More to come!

==============

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
A thought on villains and their Mage Rankings:

As far as I can tell, in the actual canon Nanohaverse, the mage ranking of someone who hasn't actually taken a TSAB-proctored mage ranking exam is based on estimates, especially from some vague form of readings of magical ability ("over 9000" and all that). This measures magical ability and nothing more.

I wonder if there should be another data field for villains: namely, "Threat Rating". A villain with a high Threat Rating may have a low magical rank but is still highly dangerous due to some other factor, be it mechanical or scientific or manipulative genius, or physical strength.

This way, the villain's actual magical ability and their threat level are separate, as I think they should be. Granted, since the mage ranking for non-tested mages is based off estimates anyway, the character in question can use their ingenuity or some other method to seem to have greater magical power than they really do.

-

On a tangent, I'd like to mention that according to Chrono in the first season of MSLN, two things are impossible for magic: to bring the deceased back to life, and to go back in time. Not "forbidden" or "very hard", but "cannot be done".

How one interprets this is up to them.
1: Interesting. The way you elaborate the explanation reminds me of Guilty Gear X2's PWAB's threat rating on the characters and their method of approach (as far as I can remember, Dizzy gets the highest rating on SS++ -- or something like that). I'd like to see how this matter is implemented in Nanoha Universe.

2: reminds me of when Palpatine baits Anakin into learning the Dark Force by saying that only Dark Force can save Padme.

Last edited by USB500; 2007-06-07 at 04:12.
Old 2007-06-07, 04:25   Link #1216
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:

@Nightengale:

Wow, that's massive. I always find it harder to work with an existing story than to create something from scratch. Must've cost a lot of effort. Great job, looking forward for the future stories.

*takes a note* How could Intelligence Department not take interest in Keroko? On the other hand they probably did, though the case wasn't handled by Section D. Got an idea of creating a list of relevance of the existing mages for the Department's inner use. That'll take some time

Quote:
This interviews are exclusively done by the Space Magazine, and this time they're interviewing Alexandra, Shin & Hikki.

Spoiler for yaay:

More to come!
Those interviews are hilarious Please continue.
Old 2007-06-07, 05:24   Link #1217
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:

HAYATE!!!

(Stays silent in case stupid comment comes out. Don't want the "Hand of SOS" to be destroyed)

Surprising link to Mai-Hime here. I wonder where she goes next. I do hope the "interactions" in our thread title covers overtly extra-canon universii, though my defence would be that anything goes within a multiverse. After detonating the Bluecheesium myself, I'm just getting paranoid about the Scrin Modership.
Quote:

It's rather AU because of the extra characters being there and yet not there. And while Keroko's existence could be hinted (as in, just off camera), I can't quite say the same for Tesla, honestly, being a tsukaima and all, such a disappearance would be rather intriguing...

Otherwise, it fits just well. Say if I do a StrikerS for Kha, mind if I add Keroko as well some times? Also, I might not drag Hikki in just yet, cos from his background I think Shin, Alex, Anna and him join somewhere mid serious? But I will add him for Nanoha O'sii Soundstage to be released in Kagami magazine this time.

Quote:
Spoiler for R-18 level info:

Poor Zafira's too busy trying to breathe, I think. The girls are very clingy.

Also, at this moment, I'd say Mabiko is around 10 years old in the story.
Kha: You didn't need to spell it out.
Kluize: You, however, should learn to appreciate these things.
Kha:

Quote:

=================

Spoiler for yaay:
I thought Space magazine was a serious periodical. Hikki reactions noted. Nice!

Track 6.2 has been delayed by dinner...
Old 2007-06-07, 06:13   Link #1218
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post

It fits nicely into the cannon story! Good job Keroko!

Tesla and her glaive fit nicely with the rest of the knights as well

Good Job!!
Thank you, for some reason thinking up Tesla's Gungnir was a lot easier then thinking up Artherion.

Quote:
WIN!!! It's amazing on how you integrated her to the story. And the unlcked Neltharion power parts were epic! And, Tesla's a gamer?

The only mistake was the part about Chrono almost arresting Shamal. You wrote Signum instead. Good job!
Whoops! Fixed. That's what you get after nine hours of consecutive writing, in fact I remember confusing Reinforce and Keroko a couple of times in the end

I'll be writing a small story about the battle where Keroko went berserk somewhere soon. And yes, Tesla is a gamer. Well, actually, she just looks for things that can give her mind a challenge, and games happen to be one of them.

Quote:
I think you're confusing me with Erio. The main reason I'm not around that much right now is because internet at home is broken. We hope to have it fixed today.

Quote:
It's rather AU because of the extra characters being there and yet not there. And while Keroko's existence could be hinted (as in, just off camera), I can't quite say the same for Tesla, honestly, being a tsukaima and all, such a disappearance would be rather intriguing...
Well, yes, it's not that much different from what others are doing, I just choose to be a little more er... daring. Most people here seem to work only with StrikerS material, which left the first two season's open target for me. Though one of the main reasons I left canon intact as I did was to make sure that Keroko could still trundle along with this thread, which wouldn't be possible if I altered canon too badly. This is not as easy as it sounds, as it forces me to watch and write at the same time and gulps up time like a black hole (you're looking at around 20 hours of writing for A's alone).

Tesla was, well, a neccesity. I tried to write this story without her, but the result was either Keroko was taking over the spotlight and screwing over canon, or she was sitting on the side. Now, I don't mind Keroko having to sit out a battle (like I did with the Nanoha/Fate battle in season 1) but I do want her to have an actual role in the series, otherwise there would be no point in me writing it.

In the end, Tesla was a lot of fun to create. Making her different from Keroko, yet a fitting rival was another challenge.

Quote:
Otherwise, it fits just well. Say if I do a StrikerS for Kha, mind if I add Keroko as well some times? Also, I might not drag Hikki in just yet, cos from his background I think Shin, Alex, Anna and him join somewhere mid serious? But I will add him for Nanoha O'sii Soundstage to be released in Kagami magazine this time.
Sure, go ahead. I'll be writing my own StrikerS too, and since Keroko has now caught up with the rest of the OC's, there will be a lot more interaction.

Last edited by Keroko; 2007-06-07 at 06:48.
Old 2007-06-07, 07:03   Link #1219
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Here's Tais again. Time is after Shiro no Pantsu incident here Ginga got a letter from Subaru about a Ghost but before the offical memo got sent. Not well written at all.

Spoiler for Mistaken identity is embarrassing or an encounter with the Lieutenant Colonel:

Tais is going to be soo dead

Looks like the coffins are going to be used
Old 2007-06-07, 07:09   Link #1220
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Applause for the well-described Mai-HIME X-over, excellent action scenes here

Although Hayate is... Mabiko is....

*wipes nose*

You just gave me an image I can't get out of my head

Quote:

As a story by itself, it's quite an enjoyable read, and in fact they should've added Keroko's scenes in StrikerS (especially the unleashing of the Dark Energies... I wonder how the Lotte's reacted to that later ). And Tesla as a gamer? My... I know someone who'd like to challenge her

Rey: achoo...

On the other hand though, it still feels more lika an AU than something I could imagine happening in canon, even with the off-camera stuff, due to Tesla's appearance. The rest fit extremely well though, and definitely Grade-A material

Quote:

=================

Spoiler for yaay:

More to come!

==============
So who else is Space Magazine going to cover without getting their asses handed to them? Shin REALLY is quite the ladies man (I never knew it was to THAT extent), and Hayate and Fate deliver massive owning as always! Moar please

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Closed Thread