AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-12-12, 03:30   Link #3701
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Valid point. On top of that, let's not forget the Chargers' remaining schedule is the toughest if compared to the Raiders' and the Broncos'. I'm still standing by it just because..... hmmm.. Can I request I be worshipped as god for one day if this prediction comes out to be true?
We all have our pet crack theories about the NFL, mine include The Texans winning the AFC Champioship and Peyton Manning ending up in Seattle after this season.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 03:39   Link #3702
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
We all have our pet crack theories about the NFL, mine include The Texans winning the AFC Champioship and Peyton Manning ending up in Seattle after this season.
I don't know about the Texans, but in regards to Peyton anything is possible. I was in New York last week and some radio station are already drawing up plans for how Peyton can be brought to the Jets. Some Jets fans are seen wearing custom made Peyton jerseys apparently.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 03:42   Link #3703
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
The Chargers haven't won a single game this season against a team with a record of .500 or better, not a single game. Think about that before you say that The Chargers will win the division.
Chargers remaining sched. (2 games back)

Ravens - potential win, assuming Baltimore could still be an enigma as far as being a road time
@ Lions - not a chance
@ Raiders - 50/50

Raiders remaining sched. (1 game back)
Lions - not a chance
@ Chiefs - I'm not sure about Raiders record in Arrowhead
Chargers - 50/50

Broncos remaining sched. (Div lead)

Patriots - barring any kind of miracle (like Brady throwing 4 picks); Patriots win on a blow-out
@ Bills - W
Chiefs - 50/50

Naturally, the any given Sunday mantra does apply. But still. The Chargers have the toughest road out of these three. So, I'm leaving the AFC West between the Raiders and Broncos. The Broncos have it the easiest.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 04:08   Link #3704
Alchemist007
*Author

Can someone explain the whole Peyton wanting to be a free agent thing? And/or the lockout/lawsuit business? I mean what...millions of dollars aren't enough for them? It's sounding like everyone involved are just a bunch of greedy assholes.
Old 2011-12-12, 05:27   Link #3705
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Can someone explain the whole Peyton wanting to be a free agent thing? And/or the lockout/lawsuit business? I mean what...millions of dollars aren't enough for them? It's sounding like everyone involved are just a bunch of greedy assholes.
The lock out thing. It's pretty much the team owners vs the players labor union. The NFL makes revenue; and given its popularity these days, a lot of revenue. It's always a matter between the two camps with regards to dividing up that revenue pie as fairly as possible.

It's not necessarily a greed issue; but rather, it's a matter of the sides making sure they don't get "dicked" over. (For lack of a better word).

Peyton wanting Free Agency? That sounds like a rumor.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 08:09   Link #3706
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I can't put into words at how disappointed I am in Dallas. For a team that should at least be 9-4, they find ways to lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
(GEAUX) Saints gut out a win^^..
I want to know wing...were you raging as much as everyone else during the first half? FLAGS FLY FREE!
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 11:24   Link #3707
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Watching all the week's highlights, I'm scratching my head most about one thing.

Not about Dallas pulling a loss out of nowhere again.
Not Tebow pulling off another last-minute heroic for Denver.
Not San Francisco bombing in Arizona.

I'm scratching my head over Tampa Bay...what happened to them?! They've lost seven in a row! And they leaked 41 points to Jacksonville! Blaine Gabbert actually looked competent that game! Tampta Bay was inches away from the playoffs last year. What the hell caused them to go pear-shaped this season? Thanks to them and Carolina being just shy of being able to win consistently, Atlanta are going to make the playoffs...So for a few weeks, people will be deluded by the idea Atlanta are capable then see them go one and out again.
Old 2011-12-12, 11:29   Link #3708
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

I'm hoping Tampa gets its act together against the Cowboys next week, and hopefully the E-girls can run the table. There's still some ridiculous tiny chance that the Eagles can run the table and make it into the playoffs if the vagiants drop another 2 and the cowboys drop another 1. So if Tampa beats the Cowpies, the Eagles win out, the Jets beat the Giants, and then the Cowboys get some revenge on the Giants in the last week, then the EAGLES can actually clinch the division .
Old 2011-12-12, 11:39   Link #3709
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

That would require Josh Freeman to stop being bad, for Mark Sanchez to outdo Eli Manning and for the Giants to lose to Grossman...

Face it, if the Eagles had beaten Seattle, maybe it would have been fairly plausible. At this rate. you'd need Tebow to pull that madness off.

In breaking news, Haley has been fired as Kansas City head coach. No surprise.
Old 2011-12-12, 12:43   Link #3710
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
I'm hoping Tampa gets its act together against the Cowboys next week, and hopefully the E-girls can run the table. There's still some ridiculous tiny chance that the Eagles can run the table and make it into the playoffs if the vagiants drop another 2 and the cowboys drop another 1. So if Tampa beats the Cowpies, the Eagles win out, the Jets beat the Giants, and then the Cowboys get some revenge on the Giants in the last week, then the EAGLES can actually clinch the division .
Hey maybe we will pull off another BS run again.

Hoping for it. If everything plays out right we can actually steal the division thanks to all the division wins we already have.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 16:45   Link #3711
Kogasa

Send a message via MSN to Kogasa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Doesn't the Giants hold the tiebreaker over the Eagles?

If so, the Giants need to win one game and their next game is against...the Redskins.

I honestly doubt Giants will lose to the Redskins, but anything is possible in the 2nd half of this season for the Giants.
Kogasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 16:56   Link #3712
hinakatbklyn

Giants and Eagles each won over the other, so next tie breaker is division record which the Eagles have the advantage.

The tiebreaker advantage for the Giants would be against Dallas, but they would have to win either against Washington or the Jets and then beat Dallas on the final day.
Old 2011-12-12, 17:00   Link #3713
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
I can't put into words at how disappointed I am in Dallas. For a team that should at least be 9-4, they find ways to lose.

I want to know wing...were you raging as much as everyone else during the first half? FLAGS FLY FREE!
I had Sproles and Jimmy Graham in my fantasy playoffs, so you tell me if I was raging ><...

It's always funny since Mike Carey is almost universally known as a great ref (Probably second to Hochuli), but he sucks when he does Saints games...He's burned us twice this year...

As for Dallas, I used to be one of those rare Cowboys fans that's a Saints fan...I'm not a guy that picks teams based on location or tradition, I enjoy styles of play and certain levels of team building...So I was a Dallas fan ever since Parcells came back (watched this team mature all the way to where they are now), but it's losses like this that made me finally turn my back on this particular incarnation...Aslong as Jerry Jones is the shadow behind everyone everyday...It ain't happening for Cowboys fans...
Old 2011-12-12, 22:36   Link #3714
D2
Go Big Red!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Da Bears...

So much for those playoff hopes... I mean. They had a pretty good gameplan throughout the game. But suddenly, that Tebow miracle kicked in.
LOLMarionBarberFail.
Old 2011-12-12, 23:32   Link #3715
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Sparano has been fired as Miami head coach.

Time to see whether Cowher makes his move now that coaching positions are opening up.
Old 2011-12-13, 00:40   Link #3716
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

For all the flack Seattle has taken this year, it interesting to note that they are a respectable 6-7 and still has a slim shot at the playoffs. If they could get a decent QB and improve the general talent level of the team next off-season, they could be competing for a playoff spot every year again.

Pete Carroll, for all his glam, is a good coach considering the lack of talent he has at his disposal.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 15:20   Link #3717
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
For all the flack Seattle has taken this year, it interesting to note that they are a respectable 6-7 and still has a slim shot at the playoffs. If they could get a decent QB and improve the general talent level of the team next off-season, they could be competing for a playoff spot every year again.

Pete Carroll, for all his glam, is a good coach considering the lack of talent he has at his disposal.
They look a lot different than when the season first started that's for sure. It's always tough up there to play. And it will be tough for the 49ers when they go up there. I don't expect Lynch to do anything though because of our run defense. Jackson will probably have to win the game through the air.

Tough loss to the Cardinals for my 49ers. Could have been worse though. 49ers could have lost to the St.Louis Rams like another team I know.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 16:09   Link #3718
solomon

So for college football fans

Is it a dick move to bail after a season if a more appealing job opens up?

Recall the Lane Kiffin/Vols debacle or the the recent move of Todd Graham from Pitt to ASU.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 22:05   Link #3719
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
So for college football fans

Is it a dick move to bail after a season if a more appealing job opens up?

Recall the Lane Kiffin/Vols debacle or the the recent move of Todd Graham from Pitt to ASU.
He tweeted a photo of him and his wife on the plane to Arizona. Low blow to Pitt fans...

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 23:03   Link #3720
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
...49ers could have lost to the St.Louis Rams like another team I know
That chance still exists...But a loss to Pitt would be enuff for the mix...

Tags
american football, sports