AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-09-18, 13:35   Link #2461
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto View Post
Here is a recent build of onscripter-en for Linux, which will allow you to run the game without using WINE:

http://roto1.net/onscripter/files/on...090902.tar.bz2

To use it, create a directory on your machine and copy the following files to it from the Episode 4 disc (running the installer is not necessary) :

* from fullsrc, arc.nsa, arc1.nsa, and arc2.nsa
* the entire ME directory
* the entire SE directory
* the entire sys_se directory
* the entire movie directory
* the entire BGM directory

Then, download a copy of the patch, extract the archive, and place its folder inside the directory you created above. (The patch directory needs to be a subdirectory of the game directory, or you will overwrite the original arc.nsa, which you need!) Then, copy the onscripter-en file from the link I gave above to the patch directory.

You should now be able to open a terminal, cd to the patch directory, and run ./onsripter-en to play. Enjoy!

Let me know if something doesn't work...
This seems to have worked. Thank you very much!!
KanonTheFurniture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 13:29   Link #2462
UnknownBeast

Hi, I noticed that your site didn't have the instructions for changing the locale in Vista. So, I've made some idiot-proof instruction pics on how to change the locale to Japanese. Use it if you want. :P

Spoiler for Instructions for Windows XP:
Spoiler for Instructions for Windows Vista:
Spoiler for Instructions for Windows 7:

Feel free to post a question in this very topic if anybody have problems and still needs help.

Last edited by UnknownBeast; 2010-02-26 at 22:29.
UnknownBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 13:51   Link #2463
nakiwarai

Send a message via AIM to nakiwarai
I think I actually got fairly lucky, hah. All of my saves were about four screens of text behind where they loaded, so it was actually pretty easy to get back to where they were and re-save. :3
nakiwarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 00:55   Link #2464
Zanedor

I've recently download the Translation for Alliance Of The Golden Witch, and in the read me or something like that it said that translated versions of the Openings can be put in. Does anyone know where I can download this versions?
Old 2009-09-20, 02:06   Link #2465
Aeriven
Please grant my wish.

In looking at the TIPs for Episode 4, I noticed an odd bug.

Spoiler for Screenshot, Ange's 1998 TIPs:

Edit: Also, found a typo on Amakusa's TIP, figured I'd put it here since it'd require more work than just changing the script, I imagine. I apologize if it's already been noticed and just not fixed yet:

Spoiler for Amakusa's TIP:
Old 2009-09-20, 02:20   Link #2466
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aghra View Post

Thanks for pointing this out. Actually, a similar bug pops up with a couple of the other alternate outfits in the right-click menu. This is from the conversion of picture files over to png and effects both the Mac and Windows versions.

We'll have a fix out for this soon.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page

Last edited by chronotrig; 2009-09-20 at 02:33.
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 10:02   Link #2467
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aghra View Post

Edit: Also, found a typo on Amakusa's TIP, figured I'd put it here since it'd require more work than just changing the script, I imagine. I apologize if it's already been noticed and just not fixed yet:

Spoiler for Amakusa's TIP:
ange's bug I also noticed it in my windows xp and it happened in eva-beatrice's ep3 tip too that her uniform sprite doesn't appear
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 10:26   Link #2468
nakiwarai

There's a few editing things I've noticed, like this sentence in Episode 1.

Spoiler for Close to the opening.:
Old 2009-09-20, 12:06   Link #2469
Mencor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakiwarai View Post
There's a few editing things I've noticed, like this sentence in Episode 1.

"Whose has his face" is a bit of an awkward and incorrect phrasing. I'd imagine "whose face was set in a resigned expression" or "who had his face set in a resigned expression" would be more appropriate. Just thought I'd note it for further revisions, since even minor fixes of grammar would be nice along with the major fixes.
Considering the rest of the text is in present those alternatives brings the issue of continuity...
Mencor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 14:04   Link #2470
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Thanks for the notifications. As we fixed the tips tati-e bug, we took this opportunity to add the grammar fix.

The links have been updated (the Mac version will be available later on). Unless there is a major critical change (another glitch of this kind etc), we will carry out the typo/grammar fix for the next full patch update.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-09-20 at 14:35.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 15:23   Link #2471
Roto

The Mac version is now updated as well.
Roto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 22:31   Link #2472
nakiwarai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mencor View Post
Considering the rest of the text is in present those alternatives brings the issue of continuity...
This is true, but the current phrasing is still far more awkward to read through than a minor continuity bit. "Whose face is set in a resigned expression" would work, too. Anyhow, just notifying someone allows them to change it to however they feel would best fit the context. :>

And thanks for the fixes~.
Old 2009-09-21, 10:40   Link #2473
UnknownBeast

Hm... Windows 7 is coming out, and I've already seen some people asking if Umineko works on it...

And I can't really answer... >_<

So, I'm hoping W-H can do some tests to clear this up...? ^_^;;
UnknownBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 12:00   Link #2474
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

I'm going to be getting W7 when it's out, so no worries, we'll have it figured out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakiwarai View Post
This is true, but the current phrasing is still far more awkward to read through than a minor continuity bit. "Whose face is set in a resigned expression" would work, too.
We know our grammar rules and such, and we do know an error when we see it; things just pass through sometimes. Letting us know is good enough (and greatly appreciated).

We do want the end product to be as polished as possible and put in lots of work to make it so.

Last edited by k//eternal; 2009-09-21 at 12:13.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 12:14   Link #2475
Vegitto-kun

To be honest, I have played some VNs that got done by professionals and most of the times you guys curbstomp the pros
Vegitto-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 13:09   Link #2476
Mercurius

I've been running Windows 7 for the past couple months, and I can say that Umineko + WH Patch works just fine for me on both the RC and RTM versions without any issues. Just need to set system locale to Japanese for installation. I've gone through all 4 Episodes + TIPS + the music box a couple times and haven't had any crashes so far. Have not tried the v4.2 patch yet, will try it out sometime this week.

Now, setting up MinGW in order to try to build OnScripter on Windows 7... that's another story.
Old 2009-09-21, 13:22   Link #2477
Coruja

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownBeast View Post
Hm... Windows 7 is coming out, and I've already seen some people asking if Umineko works on it...

And I can't really answer... >_<

So, I'm hoping W-H can do some tests to clear this up...? ^_^;;
The current patch works perfectly for me.
Coruja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 20:38   Link #2478
PCJedi

For some reason, Umineko doesn't have any sound anymore when I try to play it. It was working fine for the last three months since I installed EP4 with the 4.1 patch, but then all of a sudden, the sound stopped working last night. The rest of my programs have normal sound, so it isn't a hardware issue, and I'm definitely running it in Japanese mode, but the sound just won't play. It's like the whole program got muted. I checked the BGM files to make sure they were all there, and they were, so it shouldn't be an issue of the game not seeing the audio files...

Then I thought to myself "I'm going to uninstall the 4.1 patch and replace it with the new 4.2 patch", and for some reason the sound started working normally again after I started playing with the 4.2 patch, until I turned my computer off overnight. Now, this evening, it refuses to play sound even with the 4.2 patch in place, so I'm not sure why that had any effect last night.

Has anyone ever experienced any issues like this, and is there anything I can do short of uninstalling and reinstalling the game? If it matters, I'm running it on Vista, though I'm not sure if Vista itself has anything to do with the issue.
PCJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 00:02   Link #2479
Divaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCJedi View Post
For some reason, Umineko doesn't have any sound anymore when I try to play it. It was working fine for the last three months since I installed EP4 with the 4.1 patch, but then all of a sudden, the sound stopped working last night. The rest of my programs have normal sound, so it isn't a hardware issue, and I'm definitely running it in Japanese mode, but the sound just won't play. It's like the whole program got muted. I checked the BGM files to make sure they were all there, and they were, so it shouldn't be an issue of the game not seeing the audio files...

Then I thought to myself "I'm going to uninstall the 4.1 patch and replace it with the new 4.2 patch", and for some reason the sound started working normally again after I started playing with the 4.2 patch, until I turned my computer off overnight. Now, this evening, it refuses to play sound even with the 4.2 patch in place, so I'm not sure why that had any effect last night.

Has anyone ever experienced any issues like this, and is there anything I can do short of uninstalling and reinstalling the game? If it matters, I'm running it on Vista, though I'm not sure if Vista itself has anything to do with the issue.
Make sure you didn't turn down the sound for vista.
Ya know the mixer.
I run vista fine with the game auidio actually gets on my nerves sometimes.
try repairing the client?
Divaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 04:23   Link #2480
Littledgn
Nyeh~

Um, is it just me or does Umineko Ver B (2nd OP) not work from the music box in the latest patch? Works just fine from the folder although they are the subbed versions from the Witch Hunt website.
Littledgn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation