AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-30, 11:44   Link #701
maximilianjenus
[E]

My favorite part of the episode was when taichi was talking to inaba, then he thinks on telling her that he is in love with her, was it truth or was it a lie ? that almost made up for the let down that this episode was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I guess I have to break with general consensus here, as Taichi's masturbation line almost ruined Episode 4 for me.

You build an episode up with loads and loads of serious drama, and then you pull that sort of line?

That sort of line would have been fine in a standard harem comedy, but here it just caused massive mood whiplash for me.

I also have to concur with what Flawfinder said. The dialogue in this episode is the sort of thing you'd expect people to say while getting help from a psychologist or a psychiatrist, not in conversations with their school friends. Also, the characters put themselves so "out there" that there's nothing left to interpret. There's just no subtlety at all. It's just heavy exposition.

That being said, the seiyu work is fantastic, and the characters do have interesting issues and problems... It's just that I'd rather have those issues showed to me rather than constantly told to me.
Agree on that, I guess they have some time constraints because the tell-don't-show aproach get annoying.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 11:56   Link #702
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Teenagers have no choice but to rely on adults in their day-to-day lives. Many adults can be entirely self-sufficient if they want to be, and not rely on anybody. Teenagers generally don't have that option, which is why I find this sort of active distrust particularly worrisome for a teenager. There really ought to be at least one adult figure in Inaba's life (be it a mother, a father, an Uncle, an Aunt, etc...) that she feels that she can trust.

The issue isn't that Inaba only trusts a few people. That would be normal. Most people are selective about who they put trust in. But to not trust anybody? To view everybody else as your enemy (and that's Inaba's own choice of words, that she keeps going back to, so it's coming off to me as more than random hyperbole)?
She didn't mention her parents, did she? I assumed she was only talking about her friends. I would think she at least trust her own parents. If she doesn't, then yes, she does have a problem.

About Taichi: he's sacrificed himself in an earlier episode for the sake of his classmates, because he thought it was better to suffer in their stead. I doubt he's that close to them, and yet he didn't hesitate to help them at his own expense. Inaba doesn't call him a selfless freak for nothing.
Old 2012-07-30, 12:11   Link #703
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
She didn't mention her parents, did she? I assumed she was only talking about her friends. I would think she at least trust her own parents. If she doesn't, then yes, she does have a problem.

About Taichi: he's sacrificed himself in an earlier episode for the sake of his classmates, because he thought it was better to suffer in their stead. I doubt he's that close to them, and yet he didn't hesitate to help them at his own expense. Inaba doesn't call him a selfless freak for nothing.
Well, I'll admit that if Inaba is only talking about her peers/friends, then yeah, that's fairly minor, especially given the body-switching circumstances.

As for Taichi... honestly, I hope that you're right about him, so I'll just concede to you on Taichi.
Old 2012-07-30, 12:20   Link #704
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
Inaba's problem was a bit of a let down, I expected something more interesting....
Personally, I thought her problem may have been the most interesting. We see a bit of where her harsh, controlling personality comes from, since she doesn't trust other people -- and she meant everyone, including her parents, since she said she didn't trust anyone in the world. If she really does feel that way, there is definitely something (something we don't know yet) in her background that led to it, whether she recognizes that or not. It's interesting that she can function more or less normally with no trust. Does that mean her problem isn't that serious, or does it mean she has tremendous self-control? It's interesting to think whether a "normal" person (such as you or me) might have some of the same feelings somewhere. It's interesting to realize that having a "normal" background doesn't mean one has no problems. Etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus
My favorite part of the episode was when taichi was talking to inaba iori, then he thinks on telling her that he is in love with her, was it truth or was it a lie...?
I think you meant Iori, rather than Inaba. If so, I agree. Fascinating. Did he really feel that, or was it just something that passed through his mind, following on what Inaba said about he and Iori being a good match? Was it his real feeling, something he was playing with in case it was his real feeling, or just something he thought of saying to make her feel better? Much as I like his relationship with Inaba, I think Iori may be the one his heart moves towards.

There is a line in that scene that I think was translated slightly misleadingly. When she says "If you're that confident, I guess I can trust you," I think what she really says is closer to: "If Taichi says so, then I guess I'll try believing you."
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-07-30 at 12:40.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 14:13   Link #705
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Spoiler for length, parental trust:
Ehh, I don't find it surprising that some kids/teenagers nowadays don't trust their parents even under the best possible parental environments. It's not difficult to believe that in hind sight kids might randomly pop up one of those "what if"s. I mean that is pretty much the most rebellious age range. Inaban's "problem" is definitely a case of overreacting. Typical traits of teenage issues. Chyuunibyou (厨二病). Excessive self awareness. Have trouble understanding adult concepts. It's just teenagers being teenagers. It's all part of growing up, so it's not that big of a deal (except to them youngsters), which they will eventually learn to cope with and imho is the point this show is trying to make.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 15:27   Link #706
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Personally, I thought her problem may have been the most interesting. We see a bit of where her harsh, controlling personality comes from, since she doesn't trust other people -- and she meant everyone, including her parents, since she said she didn't trust anyone in the world. If she really does feel that way, there is definitely something (something we don't know yet) in her background that led to it, whether she recognizes that or not. It's interesting that she can function more or less normally with no trust. Does that mean her problem isn't that serious, or does it mean she has tremendous self-control? It's interesting to think whether a "normal" person (such as you or me) might have some of the same feelings somewhere. It's interesting to realize that having a "normal" background doesn't mean one has no problems. Etc.I think you meant Iori, rather than Inaba. If so, I agree. Fascinating. Did he really feel that, or was it just something that passed through his mind, following on what Inaba said about he and Iori being a good match? Was it his real feeling, something he was playing with in case it was his real feeling, or just something he thought of saying to make her feel better? Much as I like his relationship with Inaba, I think Iori may be the one his heart moves towards.

There is a line in that scene that I think was translated slightly misleadingly. When she says "If you're that confident, I guess I can trust you," I think what she really says is closer to: "If Taichi says so, then I guess I'll try believing you."
Yeah, I meant Iori, taichi is shaping up to be interesting if just because i get some serious vibes that his family life will also play in there, aoki on the other hand hs become the worse character of this anime, below the lesbian and the teacher.
Old 2012-07-30, 19:31   Link #707
Ragna92

Episode 4 was great. Inaba is awesome, Iori is good too. I wonder who Taichi really loves, is it Inaba or Iori.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 01:09   Link #708
s07195
However,

Is there someplace where I can talk about the LN without spoiling 'cause I accidentally let myself loose (I do that when reading) and finished the first novel...
Old 2012-07-31, 01:13   Link #709
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
Is there someplace where I can talk about the LN without spoiling 'cause I accidentally let myself loose (I do that when reading) and finished the first novel...
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=113630

[spoiler] [/ spoiler] = helps too
Old 2012-07-31, 01:13   Link #710
Zeross

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=113630
Old 2012-07-31, 05:59   Link #711
s07195
However,

Thanks a lot!
Old 2012-07-31, 07:38   Link #712
Marina2

Wait a sec........I didn't think about this last week.

In, ep3 when Tachi and Yui switched body. Yui is in her pajama but when Tachi and Yui met outside Yui (Tachi) wore a dress.

That mean Taichi.......
Old 2012-07-31, 07:41   Link #713
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Wait a sec........I didn't think about this last week.

In, ep3 when Tachi and Yui switched body. Yui is in her pajama but when Tachi and Yui met outside Yui (Tachi) wore a dress.

That mean Taichi.......
Wore her clothes over her pajama?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 07:45   Link #714
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Wore her clothes over her pajama?
I already thought about that before posting but no, he didn't were clothes over pajama. Just look at how Yui (Taichi) dressed up. There was no pajama under.

Ah well, let's keep this as a mystery then.

Last edited by Marina2; 2012-07-31 at 07:57.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 08:05   Link #715
novalysis

Pauses for a moment. Remembers Taichi's comment about Masturbating to Inaba, Iori an Yui/using Her body.

Erm.....

Yeah... right.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 09:29   Link #716
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

For the Iori fans, if the preview is anything to go by I have a feeling you guys need all the love you can get...

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 09:57   Link #717
Pen3

I though Taichi had many layers of clothes on Yui so i assume he did wear them over the pajamas. And Taichi was referring to masturbating to the 3 girls in his own body not theirs.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 10:58   Link #718
maximilianjenus
[E]

not really, he did not specify. now that would have made for a hell of a confession.

Last edited by maximilianjenus; 2012-07-31 at 10:58. Reason: more content
Old 2012-07-31, 11:08   Link #719
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Rori translated it as "wanker"... AFAIK only men can "wank"

Cheers
Arturia

PS: It may just be a choice of words by rori, but still I took it as though he masturbated TO dem girls, even before this all began

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 11:53   Link #720
pinoscotto

"i'm worried you guys could make somthing wrong with my body"
"don't worry: i masturbated using your body"
"i'm moved by your words"

no that doesn't make any sense