AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-26, 13:11   Link #21
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Thanks for the replies guys.
Old 2010-10-26, 15:41   Link #22
NecocYaotl

Flag 73's cover have Elsea as her name. So I think her long name uses Elsea, while her nick is Elsie (based on the site), while Chihiro calls her Ellie.

進撃の巨人
Old 2010-10-27, 06:38   Link #23
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

This is exactly the reason why I said there isn't "much" official romaji: unless one romaji has been countlessly used thorough a franchise, it ought to be fine. But rare instances, especially from random goods that cannot be exactly called "official" in its strict sense compared to the manga, are definitely not reliable.

Even authors themselves can screw up big time: heck, it is also likely the author used the real name "elsee" but could only figure its katakana reading, not the romaji reading. So I'm not really giving full credits it should be "Elsea" but that's definitely the "most" official name among all of them.
Old 2010-10-27, 09:42   Link #24
Seihai
スマイリウム

Alright, so I just felt like asking, but all the games Keima plays / played are galge and not eroge, right?
Are there even that many galge's out there? 10k heroines, that sounds really hardcore.
Old 2010-10-27, 11:17   Link #25
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

... eroge is just a label for any kind of software with +18 content. A galge can be an eroge (but for habit sake, people say eroge, naturally talking about a +18 galge).
Considering the setup and the fact Keima is playing on the PSP, they definitely are regular galge.

Although I don't think there are that much on the PSP, there should be that much of galge around (if you factor 5-7 heroines per game).
Old 2010-10-27, 14:32   Link #26
Xacual

A lot of people have commented on the number of galge he said he has played but his world doesn't have to be exactly like our world. I don't think it really counts as a spoiler but in the TWGOK galges are insanely popular in the game industry world wide, compared to real world where they are niche.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2010-10-27, 15:17   Link #27
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I don't think it really counts as a spoiler but in the TWGOK galges are insanely popular in the game industry world wide, compared to real world where they are niche.
You really don't know how popular the genre is in Japan, do you?
Old 2010-10-27, 15:41   Link #28
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You really don't know how popular the genre is in Japan, do you?
No I have no idea, but I said they are a world wide huge genre in TWGOK, compared to real world where it's only mainly Japan and some fans outside.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2010-10-27, 15:46   Link #29
pampz21
ShipCore

well for me Im in the pursuit of happiness in my Otaku life! and God has lead me to play galge and Im still looking for it btw!

But according to my pursuit! its entirely popular in Japan! and other country! cuz theres an american version of dating sims called "The Sims" and it has up to 4 versions right now!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2010-10-27, 15:59   Link #30
Seihai
スマイリウム

The Sims can't be compared to a galge. I don't consider it an American version of a 'dating sim' at all to be honest.

Thanks for the answers, though.
Old 2010-10-28, 00:14   Link #31
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Alright, so I just felt like asking, but all the games Keima plays / played are galge and not eroge, right?
Are there even that many galge's out there? 10k heroines, that sounds really hardcore.
Answers:

#1. Galge is really a loose term for any game that features pretty, anime-styled girls. To be technically correct though, you could say Keima plays RSG (Renai/Romantic Simulation Game).

#2. Yes, there are. Given that there are at least 4 "conquerable" characters in a game (Tokimemo 2 had +10), you would only need to play 2500 games... If you count the games from comiket alone.... What is really more hardcore is the insane rate Keima is capturing then...
Old 2010-11-03, 16:12   Link #32
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAKami View Post
Answers:

#1. Galge is really a loose term for any game that features pretty, anime-styled girls. To be technically correct though, you could say Keima plays RSG (Renai/Romantic Simulation Game).

#2. Yes, there are. Given that there are at least 4 "conquerable" characters in a game (Tokimemo 2 had +10), you would only need to play 2500 games... If you count the games from comiket alone.... What is really more hardcore is the insane rate Keima is capturing then...
Besides Keima's definition of galge is broader than what most of us think. He goes to a batting cage continuously just because the digital announcer is an anime girl character. Keima definitely plays more than just romantic simulation game.

One of the chapters in the manga Keima is debating inside his head of the definition of galge.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
Old 2010-11-03, 16:59   Link #33
zato_1one

How many episodes of the series? I heard that there is already a plan for season 2. Is it true?
Old 2010-11-03, 18:07   Link #34
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
How many episodes of the series? I heard that there is already a plan for season 2. Is it true?
13 episodes in this cour I believe, then a second season is planned to be aired in spring 2011.
MAL
Old 2010-11-07, 07:49   Link #35
Bombo
TSF Fans

From manga
Spoiler for S1:
Old 2010-11-07, 09:42   Link #36
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
From manga
Spoiler for S1:
Unconfirmed. Some people say it's easy to have her fit in these 13 episodes, others say it's unlikely. I'm personally leaning towards the latter but hey, I would be happy if I was wrong.
Old 2010-11-18, 09:45   Link #37
shibakun

Please help, question on story.

Since there is no thread to ask for questions, I thought of just asking my question here.

So based from what I understand, Keima is tasked to 'capture' these loose souls , correct? Let's say in Konan's arc, Kanon has/is? a loose soul. Does this mean when Keima 'captures' the loose soul, Kanon disappears in real life?

Sorry I'm kinda lost in the agenda of the story.

Is this the gist of the hero's actions?
-----------------------------------------------
Keima looks for loose soul > Purge soul (satisfy what it is looking for) > soul passes on to the other world > Human containing the soul (in this episode it's Kanon) continues on with life / or is human container already 'dead' but just came back to satisfy what it was looking for (in Kanon's case, popularity and recognition)?

If anyone can please shed some light on this. I'm really lost on the hero's agenda and the sequence of events in capturing a soul.
Old 2010-11-18, 10:57   Link #38
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibakun View Post
Since there is no thread to ask for questions, I thought of just asking my question here.

So based from what I understand, Keima is tasked to 'capture' these loose souls , correct? Let's say in Konan's arc, Kanon has/is? a loose soul. Does this mean when Keima 'captures' the loose soul, Kanon disappears in real life?

Keima looks for loose soul > Purge soul (satisfy what it is looking for) > soul passes on to the other world > Human containing the soul (in this episode it's Kanon) continues on with life / or is human container already 'dead' but just came back to satisfy what it was looking for (in Kanon's case, popularity and recognition)?

If anyone can please shed some light on this. I'm really lost on the hero's agenda and the sequence of events in capturing a soul.
No. You got it wrong. You might want to watch the first episode again, but here is the summary of what we know so far:

There are "loose souls" (ie evil spirits) that have escaped from Hell. They then find girls with "a gap in their heart" which allows them to enter the girl and hide in her.
Spoiler for Why only girls? Not a plot spoiler, but extra info that hasn't been mentioned in the anime:

Elsie is tasked with recovering them. She has chosen Keima to help her her as her "human buddy". His task is to fill up the gap in the girls heart so that the evil spirit is forced out and Elsie can capture them. Keima fills the gap by making the girl fall in love with him.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-11-19 at 21:44.
Old 2010-11-18, 11:15   Link #39
Sigsig

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibakun View Post

A loose soul is essentially an 'evil demon'. So the good demon (eg. Elsie) are tasked to catch these evil demons. So the process is like this:
Elsie finds loose soul >> Keima takes the place in the girl's heart to drive loose soul out >> Elsie catches loose soul
The process of Keima winning the girl's heart is almost totally (sorry cant elaborate more here) erased, and the girl forgets Keima after the loose soul has been apprehended.
Basically, you're wrong. The loose soul is just like a spirit taking shelter in a girl's heart. "Human containing the soul" will just go on with life, but will forget everything during the time where the person/object takes the loose soul place in her heart
Old 2010-12-09, 21:50   Link #40
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

anyone know how many episodes or seasons the anime is?

Tags
kami nomi zo shiru sekai, q&a, the world only god knows