AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 133 39.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 81 24.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 9.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 8.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 3.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 10 2.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 0.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 32 9.58%
Voters: 334. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-13, 20:08   Link #1681
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
AHAHAHA! LOL!

Yeah, okay. <wipes away laughing tears>

No, no it was not.
I give em points for originality. But reading that was an LOL moment.

Actually reading the whole comments section was a big ol' LOL moment for me. Some of comments make you wonder if they've ever watched the series, or if they're just delusional.

Last edited by wisteria233; 2009-12-13 at 20:26.
Old 2012-08-05, 07:15   Link #1682
angel8

For me, eventually seeing the last episode and remembering the phrase "you are my wings" high loves all sheryl and ranka.Then in the last ranka says it will engage both love singing and sheryl accepts the challenge, then the top says it's thanks to sheryl and ranka who now sees a sky real and not fake.For me adesdo that things are arranged, will have the opportunity to know both and choose!For me the top dealt with sheryl when she was sick, because in the end it was fond of her.I hope there is a season 2, maybe make the 31 anniversary of macross.
Old 2012-08-05, 20:00   Link #1683
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

I disagree with Endo. Sheryl is a strong, independent character. If she can't live without Alto, then all of that characteristics would go to waste.
Old 2012-08-06, 11:36   Link #1684
erfine
hugs@Ranka

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
I disagree with Endo. Sheryl is a strong, independent character. If she can't live without Alto, then all of that characteristics would go to waste.
I know geez! Relationships are soooo co-dependant. Real women join nunneries and monasteries. I say a girl's gotta stay strong and keep her independance!
Old 2012-08-06, 11:57   Link #1685
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Wait, are you that sister who heard my confessions the other day?

And...

Did you like it?...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-08-06, 13:16   Link #1686
erfine
hugs@Ranka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Wait, are you that sister who heard my confessions the other day?

And...

Did you like it?...

- Tak
ofc dear Takky! I was soooo moved when you fessed up to your secret red hot love for farming tools maggy and lovemygags. That and the part where you said ranka ♥ alltwo forever! Kira☆~ heart

(!) opps that was a secret! shh! hides

wipes tear
Old 2012-08-06, 13:40   Link #1687
Tak

Yes yes, apparently you were so moved by my sweet whispers, you asked me to repeat everything... slower... (while breathing affectionately on you...)

You liked it. You know you did.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2012-08-06 at 16:07.
Old 2012-08-06, 15:58   Link #1688
magnuskn

Wait, I'm a farming tool? Actually I'm a historian tool.
Old 2012-08-06, 16:01   Link #1689
erfine
hugs@Ranka

Quote:
Originally Posted by mags
Wait, I'm a farming tool? Actually I'm a historian tool.
You can be a tool if you want maggy.

Quote:
Yes yes, apparently you were so moved by my sweet whispers to you asked me to repeat everything... slower... (while breathing affectionately on you...)

You liked it. You know you did.
Oh you. You know I'm saving myself for Yotty Shirley.

Right so about ep 25? I thought the colors were real purty and trolling was perfect (Couldnt expect anything else from Kawa). Oh and the bit where Alto salutes ME the viewer for supporting the show? heartwarming. The weakness...... I wish Nanase didn't get so much screen time space.
Old 2012-08-06, 16:08   Link #1690
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfine View Post
The weakness...... I wish Nanase didn't get so much screen time space.
Oh, Shirley is so not going to take that sitting down.

- Tak

Old 2012-08-06, 16:12   Link #1691
erfine
hugs@Ranka

Quote:
Oh, Shirley is so not going to take that sitting down.
No offence to her character (or Shirley ) but she does! She fills the screen! Can't see past her!
Old 2012-08-06, 16:39   Link #1692
magnuskn

Quote:
You can be a tool if you want maggy.
I'll be your tool anytime, Erfi-chan.
Old 2012-08-06, 16:51   Link #1693
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I'll be your tool anytime, Erfi-chan.
You've obviously been around me too long.

But do continue, for you will eventually master the super secret art of Takkishtakkytak...

- Tak

Old 2012-08-06, 17:04   Link #1694
magnuskn

Why, yeah, some Tak has rubbed off on me.

Wait, that sounded kinda dirty...
Old 2012-08-06, 19:44   Link #1695
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

I'm a farming tool?

Tak, you finally fessed up to being an AR shipper. We'll have so much fun together now. JK.

Ironically enough, I have to say that I'm shocked I am defending Sheryl in this matter though... perhaps because it also relates to Ranka...

Quote:
I know geez! Relationships are soooo co-dependant. Real women join nunneries and monasteries. I say a girl's gotta stay strong and keep her independance!
I hate it that all shippers say "they can't live without each other." Um, how did they live to meet each other? They lived without each other beforehand. They got through life fine. They weren't happy but then again they were alone. But the fact is that we all live alone anyway at some points in our lives. It is unavoidable. If two characters were together for ever, absolutely, then they would be idealistic. If they cannot live without one another, they are a waste of screen time. Humans are strong. And people that say they aren't should go jump off a cliff.
Old 2012-08-06, 20:19   Link #1696
erfine
hugs@Ranka

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKegs
I hate it that all shippers say "they can't live without each other." Um, how did they live to meet each other? They lived without each other beforehand. They got through life fine. They weren't happy but then again they were alone. But the fact is that we all live alone anyway at some points in our lives. It is unavoidable. If two characters were together for ever, absolutely, then they would be idealistic. If they cannot live without one another, they are a waste of screen time. Humans are strong. And people that say they aren't should go jump off a cliff.
Live, not lived dear. It's like when your scuba diving with your own oxygen tank (your self sufficiant, don't need nobody) and your oxygen tank suddenly stops working, so you quickly press your mouth against your partners and use your tongue to extract out every last inch of air that you need to survive. Except! Except the same thing is happening with them! Or something. You now need each other to reach the surface.

The surface of the water is an analogy for growing old together, btw. And oxygen is er, an analogy for something you really really need, but never really noticed before it started to disappear. Like love! Hey, it's just a metaphor cut me some slack.

Or think of that pair of one-winged angels from Xenogears if you want. Same idea.

Or you could think of it like being "alive". Like you were just existing before, but now your ALIVE. Birds chirp, bunny rabbits hop around, etc.
Old 2012-08-06, 23:49   Link #1697
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

^
No, I totally understand that people need support, but friends and family give that too. All you have to do is make the right friends. At the end of the series, Sheryl has plenty of friends in Klan, Catherine, Ozma, and various members of the S.M.S. crew; does she not? She doesn't actually need Alto to live when she has the support and comfort of others, including Ranka.

So I just cannot support Endo in her words because Sheryl is stronger than needing a man to always be there for her. That would make her no different than a housewife the way Endo makes it seem. Sheryl doesn't want to be a "housewife."

By the way, the sentence was past tense, dear; so it is "lived" and not "live" as you put it. Note the word "beforehand" which means "in the past."
Old 2012-08-07, 02:40   Link #1698
erfine
hugs@Ranka

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveThoseBags
No, I totally understand that people need support, but friends and family give that too. All you have to do is make the right friends. At the end of the series, Sheryl has plenty of friends in Klan, Catherine, Ozma, and various members of the S.M.S. crew; does she not? She doesn't actually need Alto to live when she has the support and comfort of others, including Ranka.

So I just cannot support Endo in her words because Sheryl is stronger than needing a man to always be there for her. That would make her no different than a housewife the way Endo makes it seem. Sheryl doesn't want to be a "housewife."

By the way, the sentence was past tense, dear; so it is "lived" and not "live" as you put it. Note the word "beforehand" which means "in the past."
I agree totes. Who needs a lover when you can have distant acquaintances? </schizoid>

Needing "a man" and needing "your man" are different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloveYourTags
I disagree with Endo. [...] If she can't lived without Alto, then all of that characteristics would go to waste.
Fixed?
Wait a second...
Old 2012-08-07, 02:59   Link #1699
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Fixed?
Wait a second...
I thought you were referring to my most recent post. No, I was correct the first time with "live." Were you trying to correct my spelling? I think my grammar is perfect considering my major is reading/writing. But thanks for trying, it was perfect the first time.
Old 2012-08-07, 16:42   Link #1700
erfine
hugs@Ranka

Well I majored in the alphabet in pre-school. Not as prestigious as the vaunted reading/writing dual major but it was up there. My minor was in nap time. </appeal to authority>

Reading/writing final exam: compare and contrast
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyLag View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesADrag
By the way, the sentence was past tense, dear; so it is "lived" and not "live" as you [erf: no u] put it. Note the word "beforehand" which means "in the past."

Night zzz
Closed Thread