AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-23, 23:13   Link #1
Guyver

Legendary Gambler Tetsuya

Hello i was wondering where can i get Legendary Gambler Tetsuya anime? is this anime licenced?

Thanks
Old 2004-03-23, 23:36   Link #2
kyosuke
My bike got stolen

I don't think it's licensed; however, I think it will be difficult to get that anime.
Old 2004-03-24, 00:19   Link #3
hentai_wolf
Vivisectionist VI

I don't know of anyone who fansubbed more than just the first two episodes. Shame too.
Old 2006-04-25, 14:40   Link #4
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I really liked the first two episodes. But seeing that the last reply to this thread was two years ago, and there being still no subbed episodes, I think that's good enough to say that nobody's going to sub this rare gem.
Old 2006-04-27, 08:41   Link #5
sukreih
okusenman!okusenman!

I read the comic book and wanted to check out the anime.Thing is it's so rare you can't even find raws for this one ;_; I think this was out in only 2000 or something.Why is it so rare?
Old 2006-04-27, 08:55   Link #6
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I don't know. I even wonder why Hikaru no Go made such a hit and this didn't, considering these are exotic Eastern games.
Old 2006-06-09, 10:42   Link #7
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeNfo
A story adapted from the life of a young Asada Tetsuya, a famous novelist and mahjong player.

Shinjuku in 1946 after the Pacific War. Asada Tetsuya learns the secrets of Mahjong (a chinese board game) from an old man, Boushuu, his mentor. Asada quickly becomes a famous mahjong player, and he eventually earns a title, Saint Jong (Jong Sei). His life story is then adapted into this anime.
I once felt this was good enough to belong in my top seven anime; this was my top seven, and it closed out my list. The next quote is from another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
  • I discovered Legendary Gambler Tetsuya while picking out not-so-popular anime to watch. Seeing that there were two episodes, I managed to download these over a period of two weeks: there were no seeds, and despite no one watching it [based on the no. of seeds] I kept on plodding.

I wasn't disappointed. I personally approved of this more than I did of Hikaru no Go, because the person here wasn't a goody-goody: he tried living scrupulously, but seeing that could not be done, tried his best to ascend from the depths he was in with his best efforts by getting really good at Mahjong.

The OP was very upbeat: a year has passed, and I still haven't forgotten the lyrics of that OP - and the story was engrossing, despite it being only two episodes. He gets beat up in the second episode because a master made him realize that he could never win following the rules - that sometimes one must go beyond it to triumph.

I know this isn't a very strong suggestion: it just etched a very good impression on me while I was watching it, and I was hooked with the unique artstyle. Hopefully, Akagi can replace this show, because I think this wouldn't even break into my top seven if it was completely subbed because I could see more of its flaws.
And found on my sig and here, is how I looked at it after a rewatch of the first half of the first subbed episode. A final decision will come later on, and I promise that when I'm going to get the second episode I'm going to seed the two episodes - right now, I'm getting them both. It's slow, but it's worth it.
Old 2006-06-11, 03:11   Link #8
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Episode One Screenshots and Summary

Spoiler:

Episode Two Screenshots and Summary

Spoiler:

LEGENDARY GAMBLER TETSUYA IS ALIVE! To those seeking on how to procure these two episodes, PM me and I'll gladly help you - although I suggest you learn about IRC first.
Old 2006-07-07, 07:39   Link #9
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

After a month of hiatus, I've come again to post on Legendary Gambler Tetsuya or Gambler Legend Tetsuya, whichever name you like. Anyway, I've found the two subbed episodes of it in case anyone's interested. The catch, however, is that it is encoded in .rmvb. It's not that big of a deal - simply download Real Alternative, follow CCCP-Project's wiki instructions, and watch.

Anyway, it's a RapidShare upload:

Gambler Legend Tetsuya - 01

Gambler Legend Tetsuya - 02

In case any one of you do download the file, please be so kind as to give me some +rep points. After a lot of missteps and mistakes, my reputation needs a boost. Thank you. Have fun with the subbed episodes!
Old 2006-09-12, 14:00   Link #10
blehgg

Can someone seed the two eps of the UniteAnime version if they have it?

its on the scarywater tracker.
Old 2007-01-25, 18:16   Link #11
ddraggy
Abnormality

This seems like a pretty decent series. It's too bad that only two episodes of it got subbed. Whatever happened to United Anime?

The torrents can be found here. I'll be seeding the first ep for a little while, but I haven't got episode 2. If somebody could upload the second ep, that would be great

~ ddraggy
Old 2007-01-25, 18:52   Link #12
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I have the second episode but have no way to get it to you. That is all.
Old 2007-01-25, 19:24   Link #13
ddraggy
Abnormality

Ah well. Thanks anyway, physics

This series isn't that unpopular, is it? There's got to be at least two people out there with Legendary Gambler Tetsuya, right?

...who am I kidding. It's got Mahjong in it
Old 2007-09-12, 11:29   Link #14
sothis

seems interesting so far! though, this is only based off of episode 1. episode 2 has had no seeds for at least a month now -_-

definitely similar to akagi!
Old 2007-09-14, 09:00   Link #15
_yeah
poseur

Well, I know the translator that originally translated it for UA, and I'm pretty sure he's not going to continue it.

Regarding Testuya - I've watched the entire anime, and I do have to admit that it doesn't really compare to Akagi in terms of depth... it's entertaining in its own right, but I do enjoy riichi mahjong - somebody that isn't as familiar with Japanese-style mahjong would probably not be able to enjoy it as much.

If anybody wants the raws, you can watch them here (registration required, waiting period mandatory after registration):

http://www.nicovideo.jp/tag/%E5%93%B2%E4%B9%9F
Old 2007-09-15, 08:20   Link #16
sangofe

I must say this is an interesting find of unsubbed anime. Anyone know if there's DVDS out for this?

Edit: Found DVD's, but they're expensive (at cdjapan). Anyone wanna donate? I'm am very curious about this anime, as I am a huge fan of Akagi, so it would be cool if I could get one of the groups I work with to start subbing this if it's good.

Last edited by sangofe; 2007-09-15 at 13:42.
Old 2008-02-11, 05:02   Link #17
k-profiler
*Fansubber

I started subbing Legendary Gambler Tetsuya a couple of weeks back.
Check out www.k-profiler.com if you're interested.

I hope you enjoy the subs, and please remember to seed! :--)

Oh, and any comments and (constructive) criticism is very much welcome!
Old 2008-02-11, 09:42   Link #18
Spirit Chicken!

Send a message via AIM to Spirit Chicken!
You rock k-profiler! I can't wait to finally see beyond ep 1 of this show...but even that I will gladly watch again since it has been forever and a day since it first showed up here on asuki. This show...and Oishinbo: The Gourmet are 2 of the shows I've been waiting and hoping the longest for to show up as active projects once more...WOO HOO!
Old 2008-02-11, 12:08   Link #19
sangofe

*Downloads episode 1 out of curiosity to check out quality*
Old 2008-02-11, 15:53   Link #20
ob3_420

5 rlses

there are 5 episodes rlsed today on irc.rizon.net... channel #yugioh! and yes u need the !...i am goign to watch them myself....
Closed Thread

Tags
mahjong