AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2015-05-09, 08:36   Link #81
james0246

Decent chapter. Chouchou (?) is adorbs, as is her relationship with Sarada. Can't wait to see their roadtrip adventure across Konoha.

Naruto seemingly knowing where Orochimaru is located is also interesting.

Not much to say otherwise. Didn't really care for there being more Uchiha, especially somehow related to Itachi (though if this is somehow connected to Itachi's lover from way back when, that could be interesting).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 05:22   Link #82
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Decent chapter. Chouchou (?) is adorbs, as is her relationship with Sarada. Can't wait to see their roadtrip adventure across Konoha.
If Naruto doesn't sense them 1st , would be a joke if a Hokage can't sense someone who aren't a gennin yet .

Someone said Naruto is a bad father for not seeing his son becomes a gennin , i say , after seeing the 1st gennin exam ruined by Orochimaru , Naruto would surely takes precaution and deal with the problem 1st by himself .

Also for Bromance
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 08:57   Link #83
Avalon64
Searcher of Paradise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerGilga View Post
Considering ninjas are a military force in the Naruto world, I would say this is a good way to measure the strength of a clan. Also I'm just repeating what was stated in the manga.
Don't forget though, military strength isn't about having the biggest bombs, there's alot that is factored into military power, scouting, gathering intel, saving lives, strategy are just as important as well, its not based on how many enemy lives you can take but how many of your own lives you can bring back, and the ability to see FAR distances and THROUGH structures? Yeah that's REALLY useful...considering the Hyuuga wasn't the main focus on the original story we pretty much only scratched the surface on what they and the Byakugan can do so I think its not fair right now to conclude if its to say for certain right now if they are an equal or not to the other clans, I personally DO think they are just for other reasons besides fighting, I mean the Gentle Fist is something REALLY REALLY useful and pretty much no one else but the Hyuuga clan CAN do it that is something to consider, plus take this into consideration, they're one of the oldest clans (since they descended from Kaguya) and are STILL around and going strong, even if you don't consider them the strongest, the fact they seen alot and lived to tell about it, commands respect in a circle of fighting, people will take the advice of a veteran seriously and we have to consider maybe there are potentials that the Byakugan can offer, afterall even other nations wanted it, the Raikage himself wanted the Byakugan and this was during the time the Uchiha was a viable option, I dunno maybe one of their strengths is people don't consider them when they mention the Senju or the Uchiha and in a world of ninjas that's dangerous thinking to not consider all your foes lol

Anyway if you still don't want to consider the Hyuuga's standing a bit more that's okay, I jsut wanted to add my two cents
Old 2015-05-10, 09:28   Link #84
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
As I mentioned, Uzumaki is a major clan equal to Senju, Uchiha and Hyuuga. However it is also a dying clan in need of more members. Those from it would also be targeted by kidnappers looking to take their abilities for their village much like they had tried to do with Kushina. It was information control in Konoha that really kept anyone from coming after Naruto until Akatsuki.
Hokage name >>>>>> dead clan name
(Even if he accept, if Naruto born normally, village will not accept that since it's like saying dead clan name fare important than Hokage name(village leader name)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 10:24   Link #85
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
If Naruto doesn't sense them 1st , would be a joke if a Hokage can't sense someone who aren't a gennin yet .
I'm pretty sure he knows they are there. He probably thinks that he would be doing similar things when he was their age so it would be hypocritical of him to stop them.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 11:06   Link #86
The Green One

Nobody is constantly scanning their surroundings at all times. It could be it simply hasn't occurred to him to look as there shouldn't be anything there. If he was to consciously scan his surroundings he'd naturally detect them but otherwise I could understand if he doesn't notice. In the previous chapter his clone didn't find Bolt since he actively chose not to use sage mode. I believe Naruto's sensory abilities require at least Sage Mode to function.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 12:19   Link #87
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Nobody is constantly scanning their surroundings at all times. It could be it simply hasn't occurred to him to look as there shouldn't be anything there. If he was to consciously scan his surroundings he'd naturally detect them but otherwise I could understand if he doesn't notice. In the previous chapter his clone didn't find Bolt since he actively chose not to use sage mode. I believe Naruto's sensory abilities require at least Sage Mode to function.
Are you serious? He's not only a ninja, he's the hokage and arguably the best ninja ever. Remember when Danzo was attacked by a group of random ninjas when he was the hokage? He saw them coming with hardly any effort. That kind of thing happens all the time. Not to mention these are little genins we're talking about. They're not exactly as skilled at hiding and spying as ANBU or jounin class ninja who Naruto should be aware of as well. If he really isn't aware of them then it's sloppy writing.
Old 2015-05-10, 13:28   Link #88
DerGilga
Banned

After now some years of additional experience Naruto should be capable of telling if he's followed by some little girls or not. Another question is if they could keep up with him. In terms of speed Naruto was compared with his father and he thinks the situation is urgent enought for him to go in person. So his travel speed should be rather fast. But knowing Kishimoto's great writing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon64 View Post
Anyway if you still don't want to consider the Hyuuga's standing a bit more that's okay, I jsut wanted to add my two cents
Quote:
[...]Also I'm just repeating what was stated in the manga.
[...]
Senju Tobirama: Hirashin, Kagebunshin, Edo Tensei.
[...]
So now for a third 4th time, when was it said that Uzumaki or Hyuuga were equals to Senju or Uchiha?
It's almost as if some people think that if the Hyuuga are not on the level of Senju or Uchiha that means they are useless trash... which I don't think.
DerGilga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 14:33   Link #89
Avalon64
Searcher of Paradise!

Quote:
After now some years of additional experience Naruto should be capable of telling if he's followed by some little girls or not. Another question is if they could keep up with him. In terms of speed Naruto was compared with his father and he thinks the situation is urgent enought for him to go in person. So his travel speed should be rather fast. But knowing Kishimoto's great writing...

It's almost as if some people think that if the Hyuuga are not on the level of Senju or Uchiha that means they are useless trash... which I don't think.
I wasn't trying to imply that, the question was is the Hyuuga an equal to the other age old clans? Its a matter of interpretation and what you are considering when you make the call, I mean I think they are equals but that's what I see given what I am presented, I mean people can have their reasons why they don't want to see them as just as good as the other clans and that is fine, but to me combat power isn't an only factor versatility with your abilities, experience, and having a LONG history are things I consider

Anyway I think we should just be allowed to think what we want about the clans I mean I don't think there will be anything supporting or disputing whether the Hyuuga are equals in the end anyway
Old 2015-05-10, 15:28   Link #90
Artful_Dodger

Quote:
I wasn't trying to imply that, the question was is the Hyuuga an equal to the other age old clans? Its a matter of interpretation and what you are considering when you make the call, I mean I think they are equals but that's what I see given what I am presented, I mean people can have their reasons why they don't want to see them as just as good as the other clans and that is fine
I think that's fair, but only when something isn't explicitly stated. In this case, the best two clans are clearly identified more than once, and there really aren't any conclusive facts in the story where we can definitively conclude these four clans are equal in power, prestige, etc. To say otherwise is really just disregarding facts presented in the manga, and believing in your own fan-fiction because your(not necessarily you mind you) favorite characters/couple happen to be from the Uzumaki and Hyuuga clan.
Artful_Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 15:37   Link #91
DerGilga
Banned

Quote:
Anyway I think we should just be allowed to think what we want about the clans I mean I don't think there will be anything supporting or disputing whether the Hyuuga are equals in the end anyway
Quote:
In both accounts of Konoha's foundation flashback by fake Madara and edo Harashima it was said that Senju and Uchiha were the strongest.
But there is. At two points in the manga the dominance of the Senju over the rest of the clans was pointet out. The Uchiha were the only one who could compete with them and the reason they themselves became famous. Considering that this was kind of a important plot point in the foundation of Konoha and how the Senju influence became stronger while Uchiha became weaker in Konoha which lead to the Uchiha genocide, I am kind of confused why now people say that the Hyuuga or the Uzumaki were equal to them.
Personally, I was annoyed by the heavy focus on this rivalry and how Naruto's and Sasuke's forbidden love rivalry symbolised a century old conflict. So please stop making me defend Uchiha, I don't like them.
DerGilga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 15:45   Link #92
Avalon64
Searcher of Paradise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful_Dodger View Post
I think that's fair, but only when something isn't explicitly stated. In this case, the best two clans are clearly identified more than once, and there really aren't any conclusive facts in the story where we can definitively conclude these four clans are equal in power, prestige, etc. To say otherwise is really just disregarding facts presented in the manga, and believing in your own fan-fiction because your(not necessarily you mind you) favorite characters/couple happen to be from the Uzumaki and Hyuuga clan.
But keep in mind the age old conflict between the Senju and the Uchiha was the centrepiece of Konoha's conflicts, alot of the problems that were being dealt with in the current story originated from those two clans so of course they'll push them in terms of prominence, sadly the Hyuuga and the Uzumaki had to be sorta pushed to the side as being powerful clans but not involved with the main conflict meant not alot of time could be spent learning of their origins (well the movie touched a little more base about the Hyuuga and the things the Byakugan could do like say create a giant powerful super weapon lol) so yeah you're right there is no conclusive evidence that says the four clans are equals but likewise it goes both ways, there is nothing saying that they weren't and unless there is a conclusive point pushed in the manga or Kishimoto or whatever that he says "yes the four clans are equal" or "no the clans were not equal" there really isn't anything disputing either or

and lets be real sometimes fans need their own "fanfic" ideas to fill in the holes in their own heads to make more sense of the story as a whole every series has it, I mean lord knows how many fanfic ideas I need to make sense of the Megaman X series for example lol but sure you're right we can't push those ideas as canon and that's true but I say as long as there is no conclusive facts about a subject lets just believe what we interpret provided we're not hurting anyone with our belief

and Degilga you don't have to defend the Uchiha lol, though I applaud you for raising good points nonetheless also keep in mind the speaker of the tale in one of those instances was Obitio, an Uchiha himself and Senju in the other of course they're gonna glorify their clans, there is such a thing as unreliable narrators well maybe not unreliable...more like bias narrators lol

I guess people say equals because all 4 clans ALL have links to Kaguya (which means they were ALL founded WAY back in the time of the founding of ninjas) and well until 3 of them were wiped out were still going strong...you need to have some kind of standing and powerful to survive for that long
lol and we kinda can't dispute this...the Hyuuga are the most powerful now, cause well they're still around while the other clans are down to a few members each lol...I REALLY hope Boruto can show off the potential of the Hyuuga cause that is something I was interested in when this mini series was announced and it was announced in interviews Boruto was a Hyuuga prodigy

Last edited by Avalon64; 2015-05-10 at 15:58.
Avalon64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 16:56   Link #93
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Indeed the Uchiha and Senju is strong when it comes to combat , or Uzumaki 's sealing technique , they lacked the wit to survive , unlike the Hyuga which still grow strong nowadays .

Really , raw power is not everything .

Also , it is up to Kishimoto to decide about which clan is the most powerful one , but i think he will leave the question unanswered .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 00:14   Link #94
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
Are you serious? He's not only a ninja, he's the hokage and arguably the best ninja ever. Remember when Danzo was attacked by a group of random ninjas when he was the hokage? He saw them coming with hardly any effort. That kind of thing happens all the time. Not to mention these are little genins we're talking about. They're not exactly as skilled at hiding and spying as ANBU or jounin class ninja who Naruto should be aware of as well. If he really isn't aware of them then it's sloppy writing.
Am I serious? Of course not! I just post random crap for shits and giggles. Honestly what a stupid question.

Danzo is a paranoid bastard who has every reason to think someone is trying to kill him at any given moment. Naruto doesn't have that same level of paranoia. It's not sloppy writing it's a chance to add a little human fallibility to a character of Naruto's power. Besides if Naruto caught them and prevented them from following him then we wouldn't have a story. It's just a trope called Acceptable Breaks from Reality. It's just one of these little things that helps move the plot along. We can rationalize that Naruto not noticing them does or does not make sense all we want but the truth is we're just moving the story along so we can get on with it.
Old 2015-05-11, 00:17   Link #95
Kazu-kun

^ Ideally, a story shouldn't do things that way. But this is Kishimoto we're talking about. It's a little too late to complain about his bad writing at this point.
Old 2015-05-11, 00:20   Link #96
The Green One

If it's a trope that means writers have abused the crap out of this trope. It is what it simply is. We may not like or appreciate when this is done all the time but it's just part of the game.
Old 2015-05-11, 00:29   Link #97
Kazu-kun

^ That's not a trope. It's just bad writing. It's not as big a problem in this case because Kishimoto has never been a good writer to begin with, but it's not something a writer should do.
Old 2015-05-11, 01:28   Link #98
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Am I serious? Of course not! I just post random crap for shits and giggles. Honestly what a stupid question.
your position is that two genins can sneak up on and spy on one of the best ninjas in history... please

Quote:
Danzo is a paranoid bastard who has every reason to think someone is trying to kill him at any given moment. Naruto doesn't have that same level of paranoia.
Danzo was just one example. Kages are attacked all the time. Try to remember prior to the Chuunin exam when the Kazekage was attacked and killed.

Quote:
It's not sloppy writing it's a chance to add a little human fallibility to a character of Naruto's power. Besides if Naruto caught them and prevented them from following him then we wouldn't have a story.
as I said before, it is entirely in Naruto's character to notice them and purposely let them follow him on an adventure.

Quote:
It's just a trope called Acceptable Breaks from Reality. It's just one of these little things that helps move the plot along.
No. If a genin is in a position to spy on a kage level ninja, then the kage level ninja has noticed their presence. As I said before, it would simply be sloppy writing otherwise. Can you imagine a genin Naruto sneaking up on Hiruzen? I hope your answer would be no, but I guess it would be yes since he's not as paranoid as Danzo
Old 2015-05-11, 02:08   Link #99
The Green One

Believe whatever you want to believe if it makes you feel better Itachi. I've said my piece.
Old 2015-05-11, 07:53   Link #100
hai_san

So lets spin a tale from the useless "who is the strongest clan" forth.

I suppose Uchiha and Senju "were" the strongest clan in their "primetime". Atm the strongest clan in Konaha should be the the Hyuugas. The 3rd did said the Hyuuga are the strongest clan in Konoha, because Senjus are few and Uchihas was annihihated by Itachi... atm Naruto and Sasuke are the only one from the respective clans... they might be the strongest Ninja but they are not the strongest clan...
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion