Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-10-09, 18:01   Link #201
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quzor View Post
Are we to assume that the white half of Zetsu is dead now? After all, he did have a rather large sword through his head in the beginning of this chapter...
Considering how he had his neck broken before, acid spat on him, I'm guessing no.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 20:19   Link #202
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor

All he needs is a little drop of blood and he'll grow right back!
Old 2009-10-10, 10:36   Link #203
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindi89 View Post
All he needs is a little drop of blood and he'll grow right back!
Bad weeds grow tall.
Old 2010-07-27, 16:53   Link #204
james0246

Felt like reviving this thread, so...any speculations as to what Zetsu is keeping under his black body mask?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 18:54   Link #205
Suomi
Kaiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quzor View Post
Ya know, I hadn't really thought of that, but it also adds credence to the point about him having Tobi as a sub-ordinate. Why is he the only one who gets subordinates, but doesn't have a partner? Originally, I thought it was because, following Oro's banishment from the group, there were only 9 members, so one of them would have to be without a partner, but why not Pein? After all, he's the leader; why can't he just sit behind the scenes and direct while the other eight collect the Bijuu's? I just think there's something about him that hasn't been revealed, but is something extremely significant. The more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to believe that he's actually the strongest person in the group, or perhaps pulling all the strings somehow.
Okay so this is many many posts later...dunno if someone already said this, but
Pein and Konan grew up together and I think we can infer, somewhat, that they were in a relationship of sorts? Plus when Naruto meets the real Nagato, Konan is right at his side...makes me think that he needed her there for something.
Old 2010-07-29, 20:42   Link #206
tkdtiger

well I still wonder where Zetsu is from personally...is he from Konoha too? I know during the Kage Summit it seemed Kakashi has heard of Zetsu before...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 02:47   Link #207
Im_A_MoP

He is most likely from the village hidden in the grass. Umm, and
Quote:
Why is he the only one who gets subordinates, but doesn't have a partner?
Its probably because his two halves function as partners. Also hes mostly a spy-type ninja who collects data and such...from wat ive seen
Im_A_MoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 19:04   Link #208
iBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
well I still wonder where Zetsu is from personally...is he from Konoha too? I know during the Kage Summit it seemed Kakashi has heard of Zetsu before...
Probably from the info Jirayiya gave him...other than that Kakashi has no such info on who Zetsu is.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 18:17   Link #209
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Felt like reviving this thread, so...any speculations as to what Zetsu is keeping under his black body mask?
Unless I'm mistaken, we haven't seen much of the remaining Akatsuki members lately, so it's hard to create new speculation. That being said, re-reading my original post in this thread led me to a new theory about Zetsu's strength, particularly with regards to the remaining Akatsuki; he doesn't seem to have any fear or respect for anyone. Even Madara now has something to fear (Kabuto's return showed us that), but Zetsu still has yet to really be shown as scared of anyone or anything. Concurrently, he doesn't seem to really show any respect for anyone, Madara included. True, perhaps, that none of the Akatsuki ever really had a deep respect for any of the others, but they all at least appeared to act under the orders of Pain. Zetsu just seems to do his own thing most of the time and, though he follows orders when they're given, his two halves seem to be quite at odds with having to even carry out the task. His black half seems --uninterested-- in doing anything that he's told to do, and the white half seems to only try and keep the black half in check. Perhaps there's something more to that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworn to Believe View Post
Okay so this is many many posts later...dunno if someone already said this, but
Pein and Konan grew up together and I think we can infer, somewhat, that they were in a relationship of sorts? Plus when Naruto meets the real Nagato, Konan is right at his side...makes me think that he needed her there for something.
I won't disagree that they were in some variety of relationship, but I'm led to infer that you are suggesting a romantic relationship, which I don't think existed between them. So far as I can tell, Nagato wanted nothing more from Konan than the protection she could offer by manipulating her paper to blend into the surroundings ala a big tree. He may have needed her protection at some point (perhaps if his machine malfunctioned or something), but he even had weapons hidden within that machine, which I doubt anyone but Naruto could have even survived in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_A_MoP View Post
He is most likely from the village hidden in the grass. Umm, and
Its probably because his two halves function as partners. Also hes mostly a spy-type ninja who collects data and such...from wat ive seen
While I don't disagree, I don't like assuming that him being shown primarily as a spy, means that is all he's capable of. We've seen some of the --theoretically-- best fighters in the story doing recon work, so I don't think it's a stretch to assume that some of the best spys in the story should have some combat potency as well.
Old 2010-08-05, 08:30   Link #210
Suomi
Kaiba

[QUOTE=Quzor;3173213]

I won't disagree that they were in some variety of relationship, but I'm led to infer that you are suggesting a romantic relationship, which I don't think existed between them. So far as I can tell, Nagato wanted nothing more from Konan than the protection she could offer by manipulating her paper to blend into the surroundings ala a big tree. He may have needed her protection at some point (perhaps if his machine malfunctioned or something), but he even had weapons hidden within that machine, which I doubt anyone but Naruto could have even survived in the first place.
QUOTE]

Well they grew up together, and were friends, and stuck together through it all.
There are suggestions/hints at either a romance or some kind of relationship behind a business/use relationship. Since they had been together (regardless of relationship status) since BEFORE the Akatsuki was even created I get the feeling there was more to it than he needed her protection and such.
Old 2010-08-10, 09:31   Link #211
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

I'm guessing the bodies he eats automatically became his clones. He's also capable of high speed time/space jutsu. That energy leech thing was interesting as well.

He's probably a medic nin. Maybe collaborated with the Kakuzu/Oro to get his current body/abilities.

The fight between Kisame and Bee after the water disappeared is really Zetsu vs Bee. He wasn't much of a fighter then. Of course it could've been orchestrated for him just to lure Raikage and have him get killed, but we don't really have much else to go on.

In essence he's a true ninja though since he actually can sneak around.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 21:39   Link #212
james0246

There is a definite connection between Madara and Zetsu, that is well known by now, but most of our speculations concerning that connection all stem from Zetsu (specifically, Zetsu found Madara, or Zetsu created Tobi, or Zetsu placed Madara in Obito's dead body, etc), but why does Zetsu have to be the one in control of the relationship? Specifically, why couldn't Madara have created Zetsu? I can offer no evidence to support such a claim (much the same as no one can offer real evidence that Zetsu is at the forfront of the currently exsisting relationship), but it could be very interesting if Zetsu was the one who was created for the relationship...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 10:16   Link #213
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
I'm guessing the bodies he eats automatically became his clones. He's also capable of high speed time/space jutsu. That energy leech thing was interesting as well.
I agree. There's almost certainly some kind of assimilation thing going on between Madara and Zetsu.

-It would certainly explain why Madara is alive for so long, if he's actually just using Zetsu-created clones for his body. He regenerates or create a new one whenever

- it would explain why Madara considers himself so weakened, as the clones Zetsu creates apparently have reduced strength though they can replicate powers of the original like the doubles Pain creates

- It could explain Tobi's earlier goofy behavior, if he "channels" white Zetsu's personality sometimes (who seems to be the one clones stem from). It could also explain why Zetsu treats Tobi more like a subordinate in his first appearance-- referring to him as a "good boy"--while he treats him as a boss later on. If Madara's newly created bodies have a personality similar to white Zetsu they would act like retards. As they mature, Madara's personality becomes more in control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246
Specifically, why couldn't Madara have created Zetsu? I can offer no evidence to support such a claim (much the same as no one can offer real evidence that Zetsu is at the forfront of the currently exsisting relationship), but it could be very interesting if Zetsu was the one who was created for the relationship...
That's what I've always assumed. It seems pretty clear to me Madara is the one in charge. Zetsu obviously takes orders from him.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 19:24   Link #214
tkdtiger

Who would be best suited to fight zetsu
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 05:46   Link #215
Annunaki007

Lightbulb The real identity of black zetsu

In BIBLICAL PROSPECTIVE, BLACK ZETSU the Serpent and KAGUYA as Eve

I really think there's more to Black Zetsu than what he said he is..
The way he give's advice to Kaguya seems that he controls Kaguya more than the other way around. His like the serpent in the Bible, he really knows how to us his mouth to fool and persuade anyone just like how he fooled madara so he might have fooled Kaguya as well and persuaded her on eating the Fruit..And besides...the god tree produces white zetsu which I suspect that Black Zetsu has the control on them. To sum it up, His like immortal in someways because he live for a very long time and his somewhat like a God because somehow he can be anywhere in the planet like an omnipresent type. If his the serpent, then it pretty much sums up everything. Kaguya as Eve and her Husband as Adam but unlike the bible, only kaguya ate the fruit..(a fruit that is one of the Devil Fruit in One Piece manga)..LOL

What do you think???

Last edited by Annunaki007; 2014-08-04 at 06:31.
Annunaki007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 12:50   Link #216
itachi-san314

^I think that's probably accurate. kaguya doesn't seem like the big bad. and this way instead of madara or kaguya who came in at the end of the series, BZ has been around since the naruto sasuke VotE fight and makes more sense to be the ultimate villain (the devil)

-that said, i really do not like this angle of the story and wish it hadn't gone this way in the end
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 18:58   Link #217
Annunaki007

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
^I think that's probably accurate. kaguya doesn't seem like the big bad. and this way instead of madara or kaguya who came in at the end of the series, BZ has been around since the naruto sasuke VotE fight and makes more sense to be the ultimate villain (the devil)

-that said, i really do not like this angle of the story and wish it hadn't gone this way in the end
i know right! ehehehe...Well....The character's who have been persuaded by Zetsu so far were Kaguya , Indra and Madara and the entire uchiha by changing the stone monoment left by the SO6P...And in the course of time, who knows how many really were...Thats the specialty of Serpent in the biblical prospective...Pretty much like how Black Zetsu is....

I made this so that anyone could easily see my point through visually connecting the dots....Hope it would help
Annunaki007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 10:29   Link #218
itachi-san314

what i dont get about BZ is the whole scene where he attacks the daimyos and loses easily to chojuro. what was the point of that scene? it doesn't seem like something the big bad of the story would do
Old 2014-08-08, 13:29   Link #219
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
what i dont get about BZ is the whole scene where he attacks the daimyos and loses easily to chojuro. what was the point of that scene? it doesn't seem like something the big bad of the story would do
Why does the "big bad" or final villain or next big villain or the villain behind every previous villain have to be stronger than the previous ones? Sure this is an "action shonen manga" where the rule usually is that the next bad guy is stronger, but i think there can be exceptions. For example in DBZ we have the magician Babidi who is quite weak himself but can take control of the strongest evil guys. Having an important villain who is not simply stronger but instead has other talents is always more interesting when things get repetitive.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-11, 11:47   Link #220
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Why does the "big bad" or final villain or next big villain or the villain behind every previous villain have to be stronger than the previous ones? Sure this is an "action shonen manga" where the rule usually is that the next bad guy is stronger, but i think there can be exceptions. For example in DBZ we have the magician Babidi who is quite weak himself but can take control of the strongest evil guys. Having an important villain who is not simply stronger but instead has other talents is always more interesting when things get repetitive.
how about intelligence and experience? we never see badidi get owned by some lackey character in DBZ in the middle of the story. he's weak, but he's wiley (like BZ) so having some random scene that makes no sense in which he gets slaughtered for seemingly no reason takes a lot of wind out of his sails as far as a final villain goes