AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-08-22, 21:07   Link #41
mjz57

if it's not a bother can you tell me how ??
mjz57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 22:45   Link #42
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Birdway and her Golden Dawn cabal saved him.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 02:59   Link #43
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjz57 View Post
Hey guys, I don't know if someone already asked that, but touma really died in the last volume????
it's something that has been bothering me for a long time, because isn't he the main character?? there's no way he miraculously survived?

thanks
You probably already know this based on what Chaos2frozen told you... but just to make sure. You realize that Volume 22 is the last volume of the first series. There is still a second series of books which in english are Toaru Majutsu no Index New Testament 1, 2, 3, ..., 7 that you can read as well.

If you haven't read these yet, I highly recommend them. In my opinion, they are mainly better than the ones in the first series.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 19:44   Link #44
mjz57

Wooow i didn't know that New testament was a "second series" i thought it's was a completely different story '-'

thank you both
mjz57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 15:32   Link #45
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quick question: not sure this goes here. Based on the fact that the index manga doesn't come out in the us. And that the LNs are not coming out and that railgun only has season one in English. How long do people guesstimate it will/might probably take for raildex to be a popular series in the us? I've gone to a few cons and have barely seem any merchandise of it... Also it seems that the only merchandise there is is just manga for railgun... Sorry if this question doesn't go here, but it makes no sense to me why such a popular series in Japan is so unknown in other places. I'm just hoping it eventually becomes somewhat more mainstream.
Old 2013-09-01, 15:54   Link #46
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Quick question: not sure this goes here. Based on the fact that the index manga doesn't come out in the us. And that the LNs are not coming out and that railgun only has season one in English. How long do people guesstimate it will/might probably take for raildex to be a popular series in the us? I've gone to a few cons and have barely seem any merchandise of it... Also it seems that the only merchandise there is is just manga for railgun... Sorry if this question doesn't go here, but it makes no sense to me why such a popular series in Japan is so unknown in other places. I'm just hoping it eventually becomes somewhat more mainstream.
Index is not your typical mainstream so it won't be as popular as other series. Seriously, make Mikoto the main hero, it will probably more popular but Touma's falcon punch isn't that popular and I already accept that fate from the beginning. I also question it but when you look at western's taste for entertainment. Look at high school dxd and SAO for novel or naruto and other mainstream shounen manga for manga. You will probably get your answer.

Touma's lack of stupid power up or cool moves make it lack in taste for the western world and Index is plot driven that you will need to understand everything, including the SS because they connect to the main story. People will find it troublesome to read and know everything. Its just isn't up to par for more mainstream people. They also don't like much the techno bubble. Index also lacks a good character development like fate series. They develop the main heroines there which leads to make it more appreciated. If you compare it to index.... index has lots of potential but I think the lack of character development hits it hard.

don't get me wrong. there is character development but they are minimal and in slow course. People will easily lack interest if you will need to read 20+ volume to see that development. People thinks Index is a drag story that takes too long for the story to kick start. People won't read a 12 volumes to just wait for the story to enter the main point. People easy lost interest and lacks patients.

If Kamachi keeps Raildex series like railgun anime. It will probably be more popular but its not like that.

raildex doesn't revolve on harem, ecchi and action series. It has deeper story to it which makes people with lack of initial interest to loose interest.

And its actually sad....
Old 2013-09-01, 16:29   Link #47
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Actually it also bothers me for the longest time as well- why are there more Railgun exposure in Cons?

Yeah we can bitch about popularity, but it doesn't make sense why they can't do both.
Old 2013-09-01, 16:37   Link #48
tsunade666

Oh come on people. You knew the answer. Your just in denial.

clue: MOE GIRLS >_<

I also see that in convention with huge banner.
Old 2013-09-01, 18:17   Link #49
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Are you trying to say that all Cons are about cute girls?

More than that, are you seriously trying to say that Index has NO cute girls?

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-09-01 at 18:30.
Old 2013-09-01, 18:36   Link #50
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Are you trying to say that all Cons are about cute girls?

More than that, are you seriously trying to say that Index has NO cute girls?
hmm hmm.... from experience from the cons I visited on my country. YES

its like 70% or something. Its like an never ending K-ON which is horrifying and sad which is also why I'm kinda lazy to visit conventions now a days

if not for cute girls then its the never ending. narutards, blitch and one piece but one piece isn't the majority. Then the sudden increase of SAO cosplay... ugh.

sigh..... looking at those mainstream and what's popular. I can see why Tamni isn't popular. Well except for railgun. I saw the banner of Mikoto and Kuroko but not Touma and Index.
Old 2013-09-02, 00:11   Link #51
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
hmm hmm.... from experience from the cons I visited on my country. YES

its like 70% or something. Its like an never ending K-ON which is horrifying and sad which is also why I'm kinda lazy to visit conventions now a days

if not for cute girls then its the never ending. narutards, blitch and one piece but one piece isn't the majority. Then the sudden increase of SAO cosplay... ugh.

sigh..... looking at those mainstream and what's popular. I can see why Tamni isn't popular. Well except for railgun. I saw the banner of Mikoto and Kuroko but not Touma and Index.
wait you mean in the western area right? anyways i have to disagree about touma falcon punches not being that popular due to most of the people i seen seems to love it, i get it that mikoto is heavily more popular then kamijou character but touma himself is well loved as well i mean he wouldn't have done well in terms of most of the popularity polls hes been in if he was disliked so horribly.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 00:21   Link #52
tsunade666

They are talking about why Index is not popular in U.S. or more on western world

here on my country its consider asian part but still western culture so I see no difference. Its not like philippines has strong ties on its culture because its pretty mix with different ethnics and the western culture is heavily implied in this country.

Heck, Index was shown in cable on Hero channel at 11 pm if I remember it right (we don't have cable) maybe its also due to christian aspect but religion here on this country despite being a religious country doesn't reflect on its people. Specially the teenagers -_- which is sad. I'm quite proud on the whole maria clara theme on my country but that doesn't apply now a days with the way thing looks like.
Old 2013-09-02, 00:25   Link #53
Goldzero

Quote:
They are talking about why Index is not popular in U.S. or more on western world

here on my country its consider asian part but still western culture so I see no difference. Its not like philippines has strong ties on its culture because its pretty mix with different ethnics and the western culture is heavily implied in this country.

Heck, Index was shown in cable on Hero channel at 11 pm if I remember it right (we don't have cable) maybe its also due to christian aspect but religion here on this country despite being a religious country doesn't reflect on its people. Specially the teenagers -_- which is sad. I'm quite proud on the whole maria clara theme on my country but that doesn't apply now a days with the way thing looks like.
well as far as i can tell Japanese fanbase seems to like touma, im not exactly sure how big is index in western fanbase to be honest so i have no clue, i used to think it was pretty well respected in the western fanbase due to the fact that touma earned hes nicknamed touMAN here. plus tsun i always thought you liked touma due to your previous comments, it looked like you respected him but after reading some of your comments here i assume you don't.

anyways i believe these are the reasons why we don't seen index manga besides railgun and no index light novel.

1st reason- its about the index light novel. we all should know by now light novels never tend to sell well in western areas due to the fact that people over here prefer to read of images in mangas then rather read something incredibly long that they believe well waste quite allot of their time, lack of motivation,and lack of interest to the series even if they are a big fan of the series as well.

2nd reason- why would the index manga even sell well if its even behind the anime as of now even in japan, it is not up to the story still in the anime yet and it is still focusing on the oriona thompson arc still in japan which would give even more lack of motivation for more fans not to read the story(where railgun is quite ahead of the anime and has a much better chance of making higher sales).

here are some evadince that prove index is well known is western area-

http://www.anime-planet.com/characters/touma-kamijou

http://www.anime-planet.com/characters/accelerator

http://www.anime-planet.com/characters/mikoto-misaka

if you look at the rankings here you noticed these characters were ranked very high out of thousands of anime characters in this website including index and railgun anime in myanimelist here-

http://myanimelist.net/anime/4654/To...jutsu_no_Index

http://myanimelist.net/anime/6213/To...aku_no_Railgun

as you can see index and railgun is ranked very high and index light novels are ranked(old testament was ranked 46 in myanimelist while NT is ranked 24)

including railgun manga being ranked 411(i thought it be way higher since it is much more popular then index) though in manga websited index and railgun usually ranked in the top 100 or 200.

even this review states index has a solid fanbase(it seems like its stating in the western fanbase) http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/shelf-life/2013-04-22

as you can see index and railgun are pretty popular here but not like those major series that most western fans would like.

Last edited by Goldzero; 2013-09-02 at 01:38.
Old 2013-09-02, 01:35   Link #54
tsunade666

I like touma, where was I implied that I dislike the guy that wanted a normal life but ended up in shit hole.

I don't like perverts, know it all and cheaters.

Hmm.. its hard to pin point my likes but I like touma just as I like kiritsugu while I didn't like much shirou but I like archer. Does that make sense?
Old 2013-09-02, 01:40   Link #55
omega253

Not one bit!
Old 2013-09-02, 01:41   Link #56
Goldzero

Quote:
I like touma, where was I implied that I dislike the guy that wanted a normal life but ended up in shit hole.

I don't like perverts, know it all and cheaters.

Hmm.. its hard to pin point my likes but I like touma just as I like kiritsugu while I didn't like much shirou but I like archer. Does that make sense?
good to hear i kinda like shirou since he did resembled touma quite a bit but hes ideas were a bit forceful in comparison to kamijou who just shares hes views and tries to give them a better reason to live a happier life. touma fights are not what i like about hes character since i view most of them to be dull and boring but is everything that is happening around him that i like. index is plot>action so its not that surprising that my likeing towards touma is more between the conflicts hes in then watching/reading him fight.
Old 2013-09-02, 02:17   Link #57
tsunade666

I'm a realist and that's why I like Touma and didn't like Shirou much. Shirou is an idealist. Touma might preach and people remember him for preaching but his a realist. It shows in the battle with Fiamma that Touma trust humanity but he also knew their darkness but even if there is dark there should be light. A balance.

I can't say Raildex is popular. Probably well known or something heard of but popular -_-

For me the term popular is something that if you ask someone then they should know it. Like a trend for pop culture in western. I don't have a clue on western boy bands or other popular thing because I'm not interested on it. But I saw a few of them and if even I which is not interested ended up hearing it or saw it then that would be popular.

For Raildex for the lack of it. Its not that popular if you ask me. Sure it can be well known but not that popular. And Dniv is if its popular in U.S. not sure but it can't beat the mainstream that's for sure.
Old 2013-09-02, 02:38   Link #58
Goldzero

Quote:
I'm a realist and that's why I like Touma and didn't like Shirou much. Shirou is an idealist. Touma might preach and people remember him for preaching but his a realist. It shows in the battle with Fiamma that Touma trust humanity but he also knew their darkness but even if there is dark there should be light. A balance.

I can't say Raildex is popular. Probably well known or something heard of but popular -_-

For me the term popular is something that if you ask someone then they should know it. Like a trend for pop culture in western. I don't have a clue on western boy bands or other popular thing because I'm not interested on it. But I saw a few of them and if even I which is not interested ended up hearing it or saw it then that would be popular.

For Raildex for the lack of it. Its not that popular if you ask me. Sure it can be well known but not that popular. And Dniv is if its popular in U.S. not sure but it can't beat the mainstream that's for sure.
RAILDEX does have a very solid fanbase in western area here i guarantee you that. btw one of the reasons people do recognize kamijou touma is definitely because of hes speeching, being one of the rare anti magic user who actually uses it for fighting(evidence shown he might be the most recognized one), and having the largest harem in anime. these simple reasons are why allot of people know him.
Old 2013-09-02, 15:31   Link #59
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Guys/Girls... (lol)

I should point out that the Index manga does not exist in the U.S.

The Railgun Manga does exist however.

I am somewhat clueless as to why the Index manga doesn't exist in the U.S.?

I believe it might have to do with the fact that Christianity is such a big religion in the U.S., but there are other way crazier shows i.e. Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt that are way more over the top in terms of offensiveness.

So 1. I don't know why the Index manga isn't in the U.S.

and 2. Can the lack of Index manga perhaps be a large reason for why it isn't selling so well?

Given that railgun season 1 dubbed just came out, it might be a while before it gets more mainstream with english dub only fans. Due to the lack of dubs for the raildex series which I find very unfortunate (they are coming, but slowly) and because there is no manga and light novels I haven't seen anything Touma related at a single convention ever.

I have seen one Mikoto shirt and the railgun manga (once). I haven't seen any Index cosplays either... It is pretty disturbing if you ask me...

It makes me feel like the U.S. is super ignorant.

I can't believe the philippines got Index on T.V. I'm so jealous

Well... I just hope that in a few more years Index will get more popular when more Dubs come out and if the Index manga eventually comes out in the U.S. ...
Old 2013-09-02, 15:45   Link #60
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post

So 1. I don't know why the Index manga isn't in the U.S.

and 2. Can the lack of Index manga perhaps be a large reason for why it isn't selling so well?
The simple answer is popularity. Index isn't that popular enough to be license in english which is unlike railgun manga.

I know railgun manga is popular because I bought one when I visit hongkong and even in local store where I bought my manga. you can have a reservation for it.

I'm telling you. Its easier to sell characters that shows a lot of girls. Be it cute or sexy. Harem is in boon! and ecchi stuff are the current trend.

Let me ask you. In the current novel that are keep on showing up. Name a few novel that doesn't have ecchi and harem theme on it.

which is sad

Tags
memories, q&a