AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-11-19, 23:26   Link #181
Lifealchemist

Send a message via MSN to Lifealchemist Send a message via Yahoo to Lifealchemist
Gakuen Alice

gakuen alice is an interesting anime. it doesn't quite have that dangerous vibe of naruto or other TRULY violent animes but it did happen to interest me. with the loved tough guy in the story to give ppl a hard time and the traditional nice person, the story flows in a direction of cute things that my 15 yr old head brings me. its a well placed comedy in a sense and brings about the kiddy fun you wish life had when you were little. while finally reviving the subbing of the series, i would recommend this highly to anyone who likes to watch anime overall and likes a good comedy here and there. to just sit back and relax from all the muscle tightening shows that you've been watching and crumple your stomach from a good laugh.
Lifealchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-23, 17:53   Link #182
Yogo_Pogo
A laughing demonic Skull

I heard a rumor about a second season, but i can't remember where it came from.

NoSanninWa:About my previous post, the vouvou doll and all, it was a joke. I'll try to not joke anymore it seems dangerous for me
Yogo_Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 21:27   Link #183
juri_miki
Death Note Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to juri_miki Send a message via AIM to juri_miki
All this talk about 2-3 years passing between episodes is scaring me, especially, when I JUST began watching this series.

(Exaggeration, but you get my point.)

I just wanted to try the show, since I remember hearing about it a while ago, but after watching the first five episodes, I, absolutely LOVE it. (Especially after watching such serious shows such as, Death Note and Higurashi Naku No Koro Ni.)

It's probably been mention here, but it just seems like someone remade Kodomo No Omocha all over again. The two main characters and the student class president are ALL like the characters from the show, including all the people following EMO-elementary school kid, Natsume I think his name is. Also, they have strange/weak teachers. I thought that the grandfather was going to dawn some weird bird's nest on his head, but we just have that teacher wearing those weird outfits, the blonde one.

I hope to be able to see all of the anime someday. In the meantime I'm going to head straight for the comic book shop to look for the manga.
juri_miki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 19:45   Link #184
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Thanks Studio ADTRW for subbing episode 17!

Spoiler:
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 10:56   Link #185
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Haven't watched yet, but episode 18 is out aswell. Looks promising for actually wrapping up this show.
Old 2007-01-16, 08:27   Link #186
Trax
Rock beats scissors

I wonder if anyone else is still watching this... Anyway ep18 was nice and had its share of laughs, I'm hoping this festival will be over now though and we get some actual plot progression again.
Old 2007-01-16, 11:23   Link #187
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
I wonder if anyone else is still watching this... Anyway ep18 was nice and had its share of laughs, I'm hoping this festival will be over now though and we get some actual plot progression again.
They seem to be advancing the Love Triangle+ quite well. Natsume has Mikan in his heart and gets jealous when she holds on to another boy. Ruka has changed his dream of the future to include Mikan. And she seems to have attracted other admirers.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 11:25   Link #188
glainfach
One of the Unlost

Send a message via AIM to glainfach Send a message via MSN to glainfach Send a message via Yahoo to glainfach
Still watching
still waiting
and watching
and waiting
and watching
and waiting
and watching
and... well, you get the idea. :-)

Glainfach
glainfach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 09:04   Link #189
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
They seem to be advancing the Love Triangle+ quite well. Natsume has Mikan in his heart and gets jealous when she holds on to another boy.
Where did that happen? Can't recall this.

Quote:
Ruka has changed his dream of the future to include Mikan. And she seems to have attracted other admirers.
Ah I overlooked/forgot this, that was a nice touch. What other admirers though?
Old 2007-01-17, 09:22   Link #190
PastPrime

Quote:
Where did that happen? Can't recall this.
Natsume' friend said that he thought that Mikan was the one he wanted as a slave because he saw her image in Natsume's heart.

Quote:
Ah I overlooked/forgot this, that was a nice touch. What other admirers though?
I can't think of the names right now, but the boy with shadow power and the boy with glasses who can create illusions both seem to have some feelings for her, but not to the extent of Ruka and Natsume. Perhaps those two will never want to be more that good friends, but I think that Ruka and Natsume will someday, when they are older, battle for her heart.
Old 2007-01-17, 12:58   Link #191
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I hope ADTRW will wrap this series up ... so that I can watch it.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 20:15   Link #192
Trax
Rock beats scissors

They're coming along nicely. ^^

Spoiler for ep19:
Old 2007-01-31, 00:00   Link #193
PastPrime

Quote:
They're coming along nicely. ^^

Spoiler for ep19:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-26, 14:02   Link #194
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Yay, another episode from ADTRW!

Spoiler for Episode 20:

Well, 6 episodes left to go and frankly I have no idea where it will lead up to. There have been several unanswered issues, and I don't know if the last 6 episodes will be enough to deal with them all unless they're intertwined. For one thing, what exactly was this incident that occured in the past with someone that had the same alice that Mikan does? And was that woman Mikan's mother, as you would suspect? Then there is the group of renegade alice users that are obviously still intent on causing trouble for the academy, and might be up to something again. These things could easily be connected to eachother as the main culprit also seemed to know about the incident in the past; perhaps that very incident was the cause for their rebellion. And there's also the issue of Natsume's forced position as a special operative for the school, and maybe Hotaru's brother might come up again.
Old 2007-02-27, 11:07   Link #195
PastPrime

Quote:
For one thing, what exactly was this incident that occured in the past with someone that had the same alice that Mikan does? And was that woman Mikan's mother, as you would suspect?
With the way things have gone, I don't think that there should be much doubt about the previous woman with the nulification alice being Mikan's mother. We see a photo in Narumi-sensei's room of him and a girl that looks like an older Mikan, only she seems to be reaching out to the person taking the picture. The teacher with the time travel alice sees a woman he recognizes carrying a baby thru the snow and, when he gets back, immediately has a special lesson on alices just for Mikan. He goes back and talks to the woman, then comes back and tells Nurumi-sensei that she was taking her daughter to stay with her father. Nurumi-sensei immediately goes to see Mikan's grandfather. I have a feeling that one of the reasons that Narumi-sensei stayed at that school was because he knew that Mikan existed and he expected her to end up there someday. He wanted to be there to help her when that happened and to prevent a repeat of the previous incident. I wonder what Mikan's father was like. I suspect that he was someone like Natsume, so when they worked together they were almost unstoppable. I think that is what they fear about Mikan, not what she can do by herself, even when she has fully mastered her alice, but what she and someone like Natsume could do as a team. I think that Narimi-sensei teamed her with Natsume so she would be able to change him over time rather that have them get together later and Natsume sway her.
Old 2007-02-28, 18:41   Link #196
bobo_vivi

Hi i've recently stumbled upon sumthin quite confusin eveyone says theres a second season buh its been awhile hasn it for a second season to come out.... therefore i wen to researchin mode ahaha n i found dat a japanese website called kids station is showin gakuen alice on march 1st so thought wud dat b da second season or its jus repeats im kinda confused???
bobo_vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 22:41   Link #197
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Sorry, there is no second season. That's just a rerun.

Now please learn how to use every letter in a word instead of skipping the ones you don't like. Contrary to what you seem to think, this is a forum, not a chat room.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 23:21   Link #198
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Just saw episode 20 from ADTRW. Two thoughts:
Spoiler for not really:
Old 2007-03-30, 00:17   Link #199
gin_loverzz
we are!

We really love Alice Gakuen
gin_loverzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 05:30   Link #200
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Although it was interesting to see Bear's creator and learn something about their past in episode 22, I felt that GA is spending a bit too much time on one-shot side stories. They do help Mikan realize some important things about Natsume, but it doesn't really progress things. And since next episode appears to be something similar, it looks like the ending might get rushed a bit. Still, I like this cute little series, and thanks again to ADTRW for working on its welldeserved completion.

Tags
child abuse, comedy, fantasy, shojo