AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-21, 09:01   Link #1121
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
epi 12 was nice and funny! mostly thanks to Machiko, I immediately took a liking to this girl..
Hey, that's my line. The moment ep 12 started I said "ooh, nice hair". Then I hear her name and then I go "...." and then I'm thinking 'hey, I know I got a thing for girls tying their hair, but.... her name starts with an "M" again... just what is it with me and these M girls...' Momo-chan, Majo-chan, etc...

Quote:
anyway, I was in this series just for the GIRLS from the beginning, so... hehe.
it was a fun ride. I give it 7/10.

"Great minds think alike". For some reason I want to meet this person who said this...

Quote:
lastly, a little gift for mangatron =>

Oh thanks. Makes me wonder what else I missed while I was away. Anything noteworthy? (about 3-4 weeks forth of posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jze0 View Post
After finishing the series just moments ago I have to say not enough Majo. Seriously, not a story arc or single episode for herself. She also didn't get nearly as much screen time as some of the other characters, what gives? Well, besides that problem I thought the series was for the most part pretty solid. I'm hoping for a second season sometime in the future since they left it open ended.
Gee whiz, that should be my post. As the biggest Majo-chan fan here, I am left with a big on my face at series end. I know I've been away for a long time, but you guys shouldn't be stealing my lines!

Anyways, yeah, big lack of Majo-chan overall. Now we did get a few seconds of hatless, no-glasses Majo-chan, a couple of swimsuit Majo-chan, but she only said a few lines of script, and we've never seen the other emotions of a human from her. And here I thought she was great fairy tale material...

Ah what the heck, I'll say there was more Momo-chan so it's all win-win for me!

Eh yeah, what I thought overall of the series goes somewhere else
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 20:30   Link #1122
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 12 was pretty good, definitely left it open for a further season or two, which would be well appreciated, there are so many more fairy tales/fables they can adapt. Not sure if it's been recommended yet, but I recommend the Graphic Novel series Fables, it's similar to Ookami-San in that it's fairy tale characters living in a modern world, but it's noticeably darker, quite in line with the tone of the original Grimms fairy tales
Old 2010-09-30, 18:08   Link #1123
kyouray
2D > 3D

Nyantype poster :

Finally an illustration who puts Majolica under the spotlight
I love this art but I can't find the artist. Some people say it's Yasuomi Umetsu's work...
Old 2010-10-01, 19:38   Link #1124
PaganOne

Given their young still, I may guess this will evolve until Ookami graduates. Or at least until it is 100% official that she got her man, and let everyone know. But I think it is a very good Romance Comedy. I keep cheering for those two to really hook up, and for Ookami to coming out 100% on her feelings. I hope season two is in the works.
PaganOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 11:52   Link #1125
wingman32x

Just finished this. Overall a pretty average anime. They really screwed up the ending. They should have put the kidnapping episodes at the end of the series. Overall though, it was alright. Kuroko was WAY to active as narrator. Some of the stuff was funny, but she talked all the damn time. The characters were okay, nothing too special. I give it a 6/10. Not bad, but could have been a lot better.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 18:08   Link #1126
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Just started watching this anime. God! This anime ain't for kids - our heroine already in a bathing scene, willies have been seen by members of the female cast, emphasisi on boobs i.e. flatness and millet dumplings, lesbianism... and what looks like Hitsujikai's rape of Ookami?

Can anyone confirm what exactly did Hitsujikai do to Ookami that made her transform from sweet to strict ?

Cosplay at it's best Thread
Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 19:44   Link #1127
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
Just started watching this anime. God! This anime ain't for kids - our heroine already in a bathing scene, willies have been seen by members of the female cast, emphasisi on boobs i.e. flatness and millet dumplings, lesbianism... and what looks like Hitsujikai's rape of Ookami?

Can anyone confirm what exactly did Hitsujikai do to Ookami that made her transform from sweet to strict ?
Spoiler for Opinion:
Old 2010-10-07, 05:17   Link #1128
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Spoiler for Opinion:
Spoiler for :
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 05:17   Link #1129
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Spoiler for Opinion:
That's very very sad then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Spoiler for :
I find your explanation more acceptable, Waven. It would be very depressing watching a raped heroine. We would feel sad everytime we watched Ookami.

Last edited by Crisis; 2010-10-07 at 05:29.
Old 2010-10-09, 16:26   Link #1130
psychoticpiro

Yeah, various sources say that it was attempted rape (i.e. people didn't believe that he would try to assualt her). When he confronted Ryoushi the first time, he did say something along the lines of ('By the way, I didn't eat her...I just wanted to see the look of despair on your face') which probably confirms that it was something more along the lines of assualt.

On another note, has anybody read the light novel series to the most current one? I'm curious to know where the Anime ended in the light novel series, and if there were other developments that happened after the Anime ended.
psychoticpiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 00:56   Link #1131
Jarmel

Screw this show. Episode 11 pissed me off to godly extremes. Really? You're going to let the guy go when you have him cornered and after he nearly abducted half your staff? Really? God I have not raged so hard at a screen for a long time.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 01:07   Link #1132
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I admit that the show is NOT supposed to be a 12 episode series, mainly because it's not enough. Take note that the light novels are not yet completely adapted, and Liszt might be an even darker character than Hitsujikai himself after just letting him go like that.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 01:50   Link #1133
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 06:43   Link #1134
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post

???

Finished the anime. Did anyone notice that they showed Tigga, Ami and the girls from Toaru no railgun in the episode where the boy is looking for his bride? I was also not happy with how Hitsujikai was let off so easily, if I were there, I would make him very bloody!

Old 2010-10-18, 07:38   Link #1135
Riou17
Red☆Crystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
Finished the anime. Did anyone notice that they showed Tigga, Ami and the girls from Toaru no railgun in the episode where the boy is looking for his bride? I was also not happy with how Hitsujikai was let off so easily, if I were there, I would make him very bloody!
Because those anime are also from J.C. Staff. I was pretty surprised too since I didn't except a cameo.

Because of what they did on Ep11, I'm expecting a second season. They can't just end it off like that. And I'm also searching for the light novel OTL I want to read it so badly.
Old 2010-11-20, 19:58   Link #1136
Midonin
Last Engage

Liszt's version of "Ashita ga Aru sa" is addictive. I can't explain what, but it's the kind of song that grows on you.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 21:15   Link #1137
Ceci-chan
(・∀ノゝ)~キラ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riou17 View Post
Because of what they did on Ep11, I'm expecting a second season. They can't just end it off like that..
Agreed. I thought that episode 12 would take care of Hitsujikai as an antagonist until I finished 11. And, then the final episode didn't even really conclude anything, IMO, except Ookami being a little more honest about her feelings for Ryoushi.

|facebook.twitter|
Ceci-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 21:13   Link #1138
Kamonichan

I'm hoping for a second season as well. Nothing was really resolved between anyone, and I want to see more of of the three Rs: Ryouko, Ryoushi, and Ringo.
Kamonichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 23:16   Link #1139
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamonichan View Post
I'm hoping for a second season as well. Nothing was really resolved between anyone, and I want to see more of of the three Rs: Ryouko, Ryoushi, and Ringo.
Agree, they did leave alot of things blank after the final episode... We want to see some conclusions...
Old 2010-12-21, 21:36   Link #1140
Texas84
よろしく

Minor thread bump!

Had this on my list but forgot about it until I saw the Ookami-san figures. This was a lot of fun and I hope we see another season. I was actually rooting for the poor girl at the end. The butler/cameo episode killed. Haven't laughed that hard in quite a while.
Texas84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen