AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-10, 09:31   Link #121
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
...does anyone think that we've gone AU on the anime now, given the last scene in episode 1? Poor Sakura.
AU? What does that mean? Alternate Universe? If that's so then that was alluded less than 5 posts ago.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 15:27   Link #122
cyberdemon

Quote:
...does anyone think that we've gone AU on the anime now, given the last scene in episode 1? Poor Sakura.
it's not AU. It's confirmed to be 20 years after Da Capo 2. The tree has always had a manifestation in the form of Sakura.
Old 2013-01-10, 17:29   Link #123
KBTKaiser

If you've played through the game, you'd understand what I mean, because the Sakura Tree blossoming in episode 1 really changes up the formula and speeds up the timetable.

Are you sure you didn't notice Sakura sitting down next to the tree dejected for the end of episode 1?(Hint: Cellphone message's full message)
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 18:38   Link #124
Snuffle
likes cute things

^
Not sure who you're directing that to but, I've played the game and I still don't know what you're talking about. The anime is adding some extra scenes but there really isn't anything that's changing the story.
Old 2013-01-11, 04:25   Link #125
KBTKaiser

The issue is the timing, but also tugs at the heartstrings, because if you consider how long the crew runs around trying to figure out the mystery, episode 1 shows that Sakura has basically been waiting there the entire time.

Also, if you think about the game, they gave a few days of breathing space before the Sakura revival.
Old 2013-01-12, 13:25   Link #126
Marina2

After watching, anime ep.2, I start to wonder when will they show story on London's underground part .

Maybe ep.5-6?? ..........or not at all in the first season.
Old 2013-01-12, 19:22   Link #127
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
After watching, anime ep.2, I start to wonder when will they show story on London's underground part .

Maybe ep.5-6?? ..........or not at all in the first season.
The OP is a pretty big tease in that regard. I'd guess you're probably right that they'll probably switch locales around halfway through the season. What I want to know is if they're going to keep the same OP, and just change up the location and outfits.

The pacing (along with the fact that they did an entire OP in this setting) does make me think that this may actually be split-cour after all, which would make me happy. I was a bit concerned that they may try to condense the entire game into a one-cour show.
Old 2013-01-12, 23:01   Link #128
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
The OP is a pretty big tease in that regard. I'd guess you're probably right that they'll probably switch locales around halfway through the season. What I want to know is if they're going to keep the same OP, and just change up the location and outfits.

The pacing (along with the fact that they did an entire OP in this setting) does make me think that this may actually be split-cour after all, which would make me happy. I was a bit concerned that they may try to condense the entire game into a one-cour show.
considering that they are continuing to add more and more through patches, this is probably a good game for split cour.
Old 2013-01-13, 14:22   Link #129
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
The issue is the timing, but also tugs at the heartstrings, because if you consider how long the crew runs around trying to figure out the mystery, episode 1 shows that Sakura has basically been waiting there the entire time.

Also, if you think about the game, they gave a few days of breathing space before the Sakura revival.
Ah you're talking about the emotional impact or surprise factor correct? I know what you mean, when I first saw Sakura the only time they showed her, I couldn't help going "wth is she doing here!?" Too bad they took that away from the anime only viewers... It also does take away a bit of the mystery from the first part of the common route since she's already shown. Well, I don't expect them to go further than ep.5 with the Hastune Island arc, so people will get over it quick I believe.
Old 2013-01-20, 17:32   Link #130
cyberdemon

This is just a thought I've been having but does anyone think Mikoto is going to be a Shirakawa? Possibly even Nanaka's daughter. It seems strange that no last name has been given (Suginami being an exception), and the usually popular Shirakawa character has been cut out so far. I was also reading the trial notes from a few pages back and

Spoiler for trial notes:

which might be a good way to turn her into a love interest in the future.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2013-01-20 at 17:52.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 05:46   Link #131
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I've been thinking a little about the structure of the anime and expectations regarding the denouement of the plot.

Spoiler for Comparison of the anime to the game:
Old 2013-01-31, 20:17   Link #132
Marina2

(Quoted from anime's topic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Oh, they know how to tease game players.
Old 2013-02-02, 09:12   Link #133
Mazyrian

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19978476

Demo movie for DCIII R. No new CG or anything (no signs of any possible new route).
Old 2013-02-09, 18:54   Link #134
cyberdemon

Mazyrian on the MangaGamers site pointed this out. a special route in DCIIIR

Spoiler for DCIIIR:

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2013-02-10 at 00:18.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 23:13   Link #135
KBTKaiser

That lineup of characters is missing Otome, first and foremost. Alot of the DC2PC characters as well(Akane, Maya and Miyuki don't count since they were already present in the original game)

Also...sickly girl Mahiru, was it?
Old 2013-02-10, 00:15   Link #136
cyberdemon

Quote:
That lineup of characters is missing Otome, first and foremost. Alot of the DC2PC characters as well(Akane, Maya and Miyuki don't count since they were already present in the original game)

Also...sickly girl Mahiru, was it?
Gotta wonder why Otome is missing since it doesn't make sense since she is one of the 2 primary heroines.

ahhh... Nanaka cut her hair I guess it does still look really cute this way anyways.
Old 2013-02-10, 00:30   Link #137
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Gotta wonder why Otome is missing since it doesn't make sense since she is one of the 2 primary heroines.

ahhh... Nanaka cut her hair I guess it does still look really cute this way anyways.
I think it depends on the route they're following, really. This is 5 years after D.C. II ended, so Otome could have left to go study overseas (as she had originally been contemplating). But Nanaka's short hair also does come from a certain route in the game, but there's no reason it couldn't happen in other routes eventually. Yoshiyuki working at the Amakase Research Institute was also only hinted at in some routes... but that could be his "canon employer" in any route regardless. Sakura's reappearance itself an interesting development for lots of reasons.

In any case, Otome's omission and Sakura's return are definitely to cause the fans to speculate about what's going on, as we are now doing.
Old 2013-02-10, 01:00   Link #138
Balzac
Assistant Professor

...And now they lay out the hook to pull me back in. Damn it, Circus!

I almost didn't recognize Mayuki, who is obviously the most changed appearance-wise of the cast. Though...looking at it again, is it laziness or another appeal to nostalgia that the sprites look almost virtually unchanged?

I wonder if this means "canon" route is the "boys" end from D.C. II, which is kind of sad for Yoshiyuki...
Old 2013-02-11, 10:37   Link #139
Mazyrian

Random Wild Mass Guess time!

Something I've been thinking about Shiki:
Spoiler:
Old 2013-02-11, 15:30   Link #140
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Really liking the outfits on Yume and Nanaka, a shame they've decided to go with Nanaka cutting her hair, I like long hair. Glad to see Anzu again, she's my favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazyrian View Post
Random Wild Mass Guess time!

Something I've been thinking about Shiki:
Spoiler:
Who would be providing her with magic then? Since the present timeline characters have next to zero magic power AFAIK. Doesn't she need to mana leech off someone to be functional?

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, ero-game, eroge, game, games, romance, school life, seinen, sequel, visual novel