AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2006-07-02, 04:42   Link #421
martino
makes no files now

I think that there is a KgNE game, but in Japanese and the fan-translation has been delayed(or stopped?).

My recommendations:
Figures of Happinnes(I had mixed feelings from it, but overall it was very nice)
Private Nurse(never played it, but I heard it's good)
Heart de Roommate(it's good, until you get to the second half, where it becomes a soap opera with no choices to be taken)
Old 2006-07-02, 05:28   Link #422
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

ZyX? Most of their games are sexfests with barely any story. :/
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 00:53   Link #423
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
I played the trial version of もしも明日が晴れならば and it was rather enjoyable. A bittersweet story about the worst possible(?) thing that could happen to a budding romantic relationship. Not super serious, but still serious when it needs to be, the cute story was very well written in my opinion, though there are a logic hole or two that may be explained later.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 05:41   Link #424
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
I played the trial version of もしも明日が晴れならば and it was rather enjoyable. A bittersweet story about the worst possible(?) thing that could happen to a budding romantic relationship. Not super serious, but still serious when it needs to be, the cute story was very well written in my opinion, though there are a logic hole or two that may be explained later.

Can you tell who is also a fan? The game is funny and sweet at times and Akiho chan is a spunky cutie, a major reason why i'm also playing this game. I just havent been able to play it for quite a while now though.
RunningTARGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 18:30   Link #425
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

We're not going to help you to STEAL the games.
BUY them instead.

http://www.peachprincess.com/
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 22:31   Link #426
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluverogamesalot!
who buys them anyways
Tens of thousands of people ranging from casual fans to hardcore otakus, not only in Japan, but across the world.

Anyway, your best choice is Himeya or Palet Mail Services.

There are ways you can find these products illegally, but don't look for them here.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 09:08   Link #427
boyotman

sensei 2 & biko 3.
boyotman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 18:17   Link #428
radister
Back and Alive! i think!?

i thought i sould just poke my head in and just say
best ero game i have played and own would be gift by moon stone,
it was one of the first i played so it has a strong hold on me.
okay, now i said that time to poke my head out
ps:- i buy my games as well
radister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 18:25   Link #429
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
I always buy the ones that I believe I wouldn't regret spending my money on. With the excepation of SOME GOOD ero games that have been translated into English, There's ALOT of other ero-games out there and since it can be expensive to purchase them outside of Japan it's best to make sure you buy the ones you know you'll enjoy. However for me at the moment due to money issues I haven't been able to buy me one.

I'm currently playing some of my favorite and older Ero-games(Kakyuusei 2,Kakyuusei 1, Doukyuusei 2) to help me get over my inability to purchase some new Ero-games for now.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 11:26   Link #430
bishounen_blue

I purchase all the games that I play. I must say, though, that buying ero games outside of Japan is expensive. Japanese games are expensive to begin with, and you'd expect to pay more because of international shipping, but that's not all there is to it. Places like Himeya Shop that ship ero games internationally sell them at retail price. The difference between retail price and many stores prices is much larger for ero games than for console games. For example, at ero game retailer comshop I perordered Leaf's upcoming game フルアニ for 6,580 yen, tax included. That comes out to $56.90. And it's not cheaper because I preordered it, that's just what they charge, even though the retail price is the standard 9,240 yen. At the time of this entry one US dollar is 115.65 Japanese yen. 9,240 yen is $79.90. That's the retail price plus tax. Yet, because people overseas have little choice in where they purchase their games, they can charge $95 for it.

http://www.himeyashop.com/product_in...oducts_id/4224

Then you have to pay another $19 for shipping, so you're paying $114 for a game that someone in Japan pays $56.90 for. Of course, the shipping charge is to be expected. There's really nothing that can be done about it, and you can save there by ordering multiple things at once. Still, it would be nice to see someone like comshop start offering international shipping. Oh, and comshop, as well as many other places, offer used games as well. They aren't "used" like that copy of MegaMan X I got from Game Stop in America, that would only play some of the stages. You see any game on the shelf used the day after it went on sale, if not the same day. And they are always in practically new condition. So, just another way to cut the price down another 500 to 1000 yen. So yeah, piracy is no good but the distrobution of these games overseas leaves something to be desired.

Last edited by bishounen_blue; 2006-07-07 at 01:52.
bishounen_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-07, 03:28   Link #431
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Now playing Summer Days. Muahhahahahahaha. *Aimming for Kokoro route*
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-07, 05:06   Link #432
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit
ZyX? Most of their games are sexfests with barely any story. :/
They have stories, but the overload of sex and the moaning of the girls kinda get in the way. CHAIN has a great storyline, but to bad it has no multiple endings.
Old 2006-07-07, 05:24   Link #433
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishounen_blue
I purchase all the games that I play. I must say, though, that buying ero games outside of Japan is expensive. Japanese games are expensive to begin with, and you'd expect to pay more because of international shipping, but that's not all there is to it. Places like Himeya Shop that ship ero games internationally sell them at retail price. The difference between retail price and many stores prices is much larger for ero games than for console games. For example, at ero game retailer comshop I perordered Leaf's upcoming game フルアニ for 6,580 yen, tax included. That comes out to $56.90. And it's not cheaper because I preordered it, that's just what they charge, even though the retail price is the standard 9,240 yen. At the time of this entry one US dollar is 115.65 Japanese yen. 9,240 yen is $79.90. That's the retail price plus tax. Yet, because people overseas have little choice in where they purchase their games, they can charge $95 for it.

http://www.himeyashop.com/product_in...oducts_id/4224

Then you have to pay another $19 for shipping, so you're paying $114 for a game that someone in Japan pays $56.90 for. Of course, the shipping charge is to be expected. There's really nothing that can be done about it, and you can save there by ordering multiple things at once. Still, it would be nice to see someone like comshop start offering international shipping. Oh, and comshop, as well as many other places, offer used games as well. They aren't "used" like that copy of MegaMan X I got from Game Stop in America, that would only play some of the stages. You see any game on the shelf used the day after it went on sale, if not the same day. And they are always in practically new condition. So, just another way to cut the price down another 500 to 1000 yen. So yeah, piracy is no good but the distrobution of these games overseas leaves something to be desired.
I discussed this topic at length over at another forum, and yes, buying bishoujo games (visual novels, H-games, whatever you want to call it) is an expensive hobby if you live outside Japan (heck, even inside Japan, it's an expensive hobby).

H-game prices are usually pre-determined according to their types: a full-fledged game typically runs for the basic 8800 yen (9240 yen with tax), limited editions with bonus goodies might run for 9800 yen (10290 yen with tax), etc... But those are really nothing more than MSRPs (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price), the real street price of a game depends a lot on the game's popularity, brand, demands, etc.. Generally, nobody would ever sell a bishoujo game in Japan for the full retail price (amazon.co.jp, for example, always sells their bishoujo games with a big discount (~25%)).

International dealers like Himeya don't really have to worry about competitions, so they can sell their games at MSRP (or even above ) without worrying about losing sales to others.

But that's also why places like Palet Mail is popping up: international dealers that offer competitive pricings as well as hard-to-find (doujin) goods. To use your FullAni as an example, it's listed for $71.99 over at Palet Mail: still expensive by Japanese standards, but far cheaper than Himeya.

Hopefully, more stores like them will be popping up over time, so maybe we'll begin to see more competitive pricings.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 02:04   Link #434
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Well, I'm back to playing Baldr Force, now that I got my PS2 to play import games It's quite amusing at the changes they made in order to be able to sell Baldr Force as a console game. Looking forward to the Tsukina route, as that'll probably require the most changes...
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 02:48   Link #435
Dis
魔王

At the moment none...
But I know in September if will be BALDR BULLET “REVELLION”...
Dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 09:11   Link #436
Chrnodevil

Srry to jump in like this, but i have a H-game(Shuffle) and i liked the Anime and wanted to play the PC game, but the game is in japanese, so i wondered if there is any patch or something that will transelate the game.
Chrnodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 10:09   Link #437
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Not yet but someones almosts finished with one. Check out this topic:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26409
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-13, 04:22   Link #438
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

I finally got around to playing H2O today and it has completely taken over my free time~ For a school drama, it's absolutely refreshing with it's multi-faceted characters and compelling background story. Each scene leaves a solid impression of the depth of storyline and possible connections between the heroines.

~ah.. and not to mention it's absolutely hilarious! I literally fell on the floor laughing during the scene with Hamaji when "she" confessed her true disposition! Takuma's complex reaction was priceless ^^

Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 00:33   Link #439
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Wow, I love your Hayami avatar.

..... Damn it, more the reason for me to look forward to getting this month-log trip I'm in finally over and done with!! Arrg, I wanna play H2O!!!!!!
Old 2006-07-21, 11:41   Link #440
martino
makes no files now

School Days...Summer Days...are they related in any way(no english translation I guess)?

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel