AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-05-13, 15:52   Link #1121
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Nuggets lost We had a good run though, coming back from down 3-1 to even the series and force a game 7. Just couldn't close it out though. Oh well better luck next year!

And I agree with Last Sinner regarding the Finals. Lakers are a shadow of their former selves during their championship years.
Old 2012-05-15, 11:43   Link #1122
yogotah

I didn't even finish the Lakers game yesterday, it was that bad. I can't believe how poorly the Lakers defense were, when they have the twin towers that are suppose to block everything. Granted, OKC made a lot of jumpshots, but if you leave Durant open of course he's going to make shots....argghh this is going to be a long series...or not
yogotah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 09:57   Link #1123
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
I think that OKC and the Spurs (if they make it) is going to be Epic, enough say. You got the old guard versus the New guard. I think nobody will beat the Spurs this year even Miami.
Old 2012-05-16, 14:11   Link #1124
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
I think that OKC and the Spurs (if they make it) is going to be Epic, enough say. You got the old guard versus the New guard. I think nobody will beat the Spurs this year even Miami.
Thanks bruddah, go Spurs. Sweep the Clipps.
Old 2012-05-18, 23:41   Link #1125
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Miami lose Bosh to injury and Wade to a super tantrum. So Philadelphia get gifted a series win due to injury and now Indiana look to as well. Some Eastern conference. Whoever gets out of the West between SA and OKC is probably the champions this year. Boston won't beat them in a best of 7. Although Philly are giving them a good battle leveling at 2-2. Lakers are only down by 1 against OKC at 3rd quater end in Game 3.
Old 2012-05-20, 17:49   Link #1126
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Oh my God, did Miami just show some. . . mental fortitude? Crazy.

They still need Bosh back to have any shot at the title, though.

Last edited by Dilla; 2012-05-20 at 20:52. Reason: Corrected info
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 07:56   Link #1127
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Clippers got a hard lesson. They should have taken two games out of San Antonio but faltered hard in games 3 and 4. They'll learn.

Guess Wade hardened up but they're not out of the woods yet in Miami. And yeah, if Bosh isn't back for Boston - if they make it that far - Garnett will go berserk.
Old 2012-05-22, 17:22   Link #1128
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Clippers got a hard lesson. They should have taken two games out of San Antonio but faltered hard in games 3 and 4. They'll learn.

Guess Wade hardened up but they're not out of the woods yet in Miami. And yeah, if Bosh isn't back for Boston - if they make it that far - Garnett will go berserk.
So would LeBron and Wade. The Celtics are fighting tooth and nail with a team devoid of a very deep rotation or a difference-maker. KG and Bass playing well in the paint wouldn't be enough to offset LeBron and Wade doing whatever they wanted.
Old 2012-05-23, 03:32   Link #1129
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
So would LeBron and Wade. The Celtics are fighting tooth and nail with a team devoid of a very deep rotation or a difference-maker. KG and Bass playing well in the paint wouldn't be enough to offset LeBron and Wade doing whatever they wanted.
Agreed, but you don't want to give that option of KG balancing the playing field. And I didn't say it seplt doom for Miami. Just that Garnett will be a bigger factor. Either way, they need Bosh against SA/OKC or they're toast. Those rosters have tremendous depth and paint power that requires Bosh to negate.
Old 2012-05-23, 23:14   Link #1130
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Here's to hoping that the Sixers have it in them to pull off one more win in Boston.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 15:37   Link #1131
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Agreed, but you don't want to give that option of KG balancing the playing field. And I didn't say it seplt doom for Miami. Just that Garnett will be a bigger factor. Either way, they need Bosh against SA/OKC or they're toast. Those rosters have tremendous depth and paint power that requires Bosh to negate.
True. Agreed on Bosh needing to be healthy for Miami to have a chance in the Finals (if they make it).
Old 2012-05-24, 16:51   Link #1132
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Here's to hoping that the Sixers have it in them to pull off one more win in Boston.
Agreed. Doug Collins has done great work with that team in very short time. Would love to see Paul Pierce get shut up by Philly.
Old 2012-05-24, 21:09   Link #1133
judasmartel
*Author

Another 8 seed going to the Finals, anyone?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 05:01   Link #1134
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Miami through and Wade was in full command. Hmm, was correct about the number of games it took OKC and Miami to get through, not bad.

So where is that 7th game being played? I assume Boston since they were higher seeded?
Old 2012-05-26, 02:16   Link #1135
judasmartel
*Author

Yes, Game 7's in Boston.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 07:17   Link #1136
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

And now it's time for a Western showdown and an Eastern grudge match.
Old 2012-05-27, 09:08   Link #1137
Westlo
Lets be reality

Boston's got no chance... Philly's like an inferior Miami and they pushed Boston to 7 and it took Rondo making clutch 3s and clutch free throws to win lol. Also I like the Spurs.. people talk about the Thunder being in great form... while they have lost 1 game they're nothing like the Spurs at all. Dallas choked 2 games and the Lakers arguably played better in games 2-4 in their series and should've won 3 not 1 of them. Miami need Bosh back for the Spurs period though.. and lol @ people saying the real finals is being played right now in the WCF... could've said the same thing last year with the Heat vs Bulls ECF and hey look who won the Finals.... Dallas would've been underdogs against both the ECF teams last year...

That said I would like to see a Miami Vs Thunder finals, since the game they played @ Miami earlier in the season is one of my fav games of the season along with Wade and Lebron's 70 point game 4 against the Pacers when everything had wrote them off.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 03:24   Link #1138
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Spurs take first blood in the West. Experts said Ginobli had to lift and he did. They're getting rather good at clawing back opposition leads.
Old 2012-05-28, 20:27   Link #1139
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Spurs have more depth in my opinion, despite having their two superstars at an old age in NBA standards they have a great bench. They have the highest scoring bench in the NBA and the bench actually give some starting line ups on other teams a run for their money. The thunder runs upon offensive with Durant, Westbrook, and Harding. The other members score some points, but these three make the majority. Both play some pretty decent if not good defense, it is a matter of scoring. Both have members who can score on their own, it is going to be a very fun match up to watch. Although off topic from the playoffs, what about the off season teams. Does anyone think the Lakers can bounce back to a Championship team, can the Bulls get a solid back up for Rose if his injury persists, and which team would make the best off season progress?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 20:42   Link #1140
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Spurs have more depth in my opinion, despite having their two superstars at an old age in NBA standards they have a great bench. They have the highest scoring bench in the NBA and the bench actually give some starting line ups on other teams a run for their money. The thunder runs upon offensive with Durant, Westbrook, and Harding. The other members score some points, but these three make the majority. Both play some pretty decent if not good defense, it is a matter of scoring. Both have members who can score on their own, it is going to be a very fun match up to watch. Although off topic from the playoffs, what about the off season teams. Does anyone think the Lakers can bounce back to a Championship team, can the Bulls get a solid back up for Rose if his injury persists, and which team would make the best off season progress?
I agree on some points.
And I think that if in the next 3 years Lakers dont go to......no what I mean is that Kobe has 3 years left were he can win 1 more ring but the team needs work. If the Lakers down go to Nba finals in those 3 year Kobe will maybe leave the NBA and retire. Or he may ask to be traded.
The Bulls need 1 if they what to get anywhere.
Off season team I dont know,

My Q is do you want the heat to win? I dont . Why because the King spoke "There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry, called up Magic and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team,'".

Oh and I add points but I found out you can only do it once ever few days or so.
I am not sure it work so can you check if it did.