3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-03-26, 12:43   Link #101
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Servants can never truely die.

When a Servant is summoned, only a copy is sent out, the true Heroic Spirit still resides within the Hall of Heroes.
Old 2006-03-26, 13:00   Link #102
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
Spoiler:
^
That was rather unnecessary.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 13:41   Link #103
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer
^
That was rather unnecessary.
I don't understand the reason to your post, VI speaks the truth.
Old 2006-03-26, 14:06   Link #104
Archer

But it can wait for the anime to reveal it later.

The number of unmarked spoilers in this topic is amazing.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 14:23   Link #105
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

I'm SO happy that I'm one of those few people who don't complain for 12 straight episodes for the SAME things over and over again. I'm extremely happy that I haven't played the game and drop hints from the game all over the place and spoil the fun for people. I'm happy I'm able to enjoy this series with every episode (that and most other series I CHOOSE to watch) without finding reasons to dislike it "poor animation, poor music, poor pacing, poor whatever, cliche this, cliche that". I am SO happy in my ignorance about proper animation, proper story, proper fights. I'm so happy I can give a 10 to every episode

Now for the detailed stuff. Unless there are identifiable plot holes and bad character development, I don't care what the story is, how cliche things are (a chiche is cliche because it WORKS), as long as it is given in an acceptable way. Bitching just because something is cliche is not my style. Bitching about how the cliche was badly implemented... well I could do that probably. But I fail to see how any known cliche was badly implemented in F/SN.

Secondly, WHERE is the crappy animation?? Ok, even I can tell that e.g. Bleach's animation has suffered since the previous arc, the character drawings are sometimes bad (mainly because they are inconsistent and sometimes the drawing of the eyes can be horrible). But where is crappy animation in F/SN? This is rhetorical, I don't want to know.

Also, I don't watch an episode more than once usually, while I'm sure there are some people that watch it over and over again in hopes of spotting something wrong.

The talky-bits. For the love of God, for 12 STRAIGHT EPISODES, I hear people bitching about how boring the talks are... What did you expect? Revelation of a universal truth?! It's just characters talking, either for character development or interaction ,comedy relief, or for explaining and furthering the plot. And this is the anime's style, you've seen half of it, you don't like it, stop watching it. All talks thus far served one of the aforementioned purposes.

The fights... The fights are weak, the fights are short, the fights nada nada. If you want endless fighting, feel free to watch DBZ, Naruto, and the like. If you want pointless and pointlessly long battles, feel free to watch DBZ, Naruto, and the like. Of course, if you want spectacular moves one after the other, feel free to watch DBZ, Naruto and the like. The fights, as far as I'm concerned, complement the series. The last one was very nice, ALTHOUGH I think the Assassin/Saber duel was cooler.

And I thought the "Ex... Calibur" shout was cool, ALTHOUGH maybe it needed a little better voice acting.

I didn't notice the music much, which probably means that while it wasn't spectacular, it wasn't bad either.

Now, for my usual comment attitude.

Saber rules
My condolences to the RR club. I thought she was hot She will be missed.
Shinji though just HAS to die.

Question: Since we saw her Noble Phantasm, she can be only one person. So my question is : WHY is Saber a girl?
Old 2006-03-26, 14:33   Link #106
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Because she's hot. Chicks with swords = hawtness.
Old 2006-03-26, 14:34   Link #107
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer
But it can wait for the anime to reveal it later.

The number of unmarked spoilers in this topic is amazing.
That was not a spoiler at all, you get told what a servant is in episode 03, from then on you click on to what else was said by yourself.

Really not a spoiler.
Old 2006-03-26, 14:40   Link #108
Conri

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Question: Since we saw her Noble Phantasm, she can be only one person. So my question is : WHY is Saber a girl?
Because it's cooler that way [than some stereotypical bearded guy]. And there are dozens upon dozens of variations to the story based around Saber's true identity. Maybe the anime will reveal more if it explores her background. I'm trying my best to remain unspoiled.....

=========

*Sets up a tent in Camp Denial*

Rider isn't gone...because I want to know more about her background. And see her in regular clothes, but 'ey that's asking too much, I suppose.
Conri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 14:56   Link #109
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conri
And see her in regular clothes, but 'ey that's asking too much, I suppose.
Thats asking for F/HA. ^^;
Old 2006-03-26, 15:15   Link #110
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Eh, yes but, I can't help but imagine Shirou flirting with a middle-aged bearded man Ugh, it's just too gay, like Saber's really a cross-dressing pervert They probably have an explanation of Saber being a girl anyway, I just hope that she was indeed a woman back when she was alive
Old 2006-03-26, 15:23   Link #111
Conri

Quote:
Eh, yes but, I can't help but imagine Shirou flirting with a middle-aged bearded man Ugh, it's just too gay, like Saber's really a cross-dressing pervert They probably have an explanation of Saber being a girl anyway, I just hope that she was indeed a woman back when she was alive
I don't mind either way because I find gender-bending really interesing. However, Shirou flirting with a middle-aged, bearded man falls smack dab into hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Thats asking for F/HA. ^^;
F/HA? Google says fandisc...nice. I was basing my desire off of some pretty fanarts I've seen.
Conri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 15:27   Link #112
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

In the original concept for Fate/stay night, the genders of Shirou/Saber were reversed.
Old 2006-03-26, 15:45   Link #113
Danj
Tech Bloke

Send a message via ICQ to Danj Send a message via AIM to Danj Send a message via MSN to Danj Send a message via Yahoo to Danj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conri
F/HA? Google says fandisc...nice. I was basing my desire off of some pretty fanarts I've seen.
Fate/hollow ataraxia. And I think (officially at least) it's more like "fun-disc" than "fan-disc", since it's a TYPE-MOON product.

Anyway, yeah, this episode was great, we got to see Saber's clearly superior Noble Phantasm. And, for those who would like for Shinji to die a horrible death...

Spoiler for episode 12:
Danj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 15:46   Link #114
Danj
Tech Bloke

Send a message via ICQ to Danj Send a message via AIM to Danj Send a message via MSN to Danj Send a message via Yahoo to Danj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
In the original concept for Fate/stay night, the genders of Shirou/Saber were reversed.
Whoa. Weird. I'm glad they didn't go along with that, Saber is hawt as a girl
Old 2006-03-26, 15:47   Link #115
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danj

Spoiler for episode 12:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-26, 15:55   Link #116
Danj
Tech Bloke

Quote:
I'm extremely happy that I haven't played the game (...) I'm happy I'm able to enjoy this series with every episode without finding reasons to dislike it "poor animation, poor music, poor pacing, poor whatever, cliche this, cliche that".
The quality of the artwork does seem a bit lower than the artwork in the game. And I think you shouldn't dismiss the game out-of-hand - it is well worth playing; if it bothers you that much you can wait until the anime is over, but I do recommend that everyone who likes the anime should try the game at some point.

Besides, having played the game doesn't necessarily mean you'll know how the anime is going to turn out, because nobody really knows what route they're taking, or whether they're going to depart from the game script entirely.
Old 2006-03-26, 15:59   Link #117
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danj
The quality of the artwork does seem a bit lower than the artwork in the game. And I think you shouldn't dismiss the game out-of-hand - it is well worth playing; if it bothers you that much you can wait until the anime is over, but I do recommend that everyone who likes the anime should try the game at some point.

Besides, having played the game doesn't necessarily mean you'll know how the anime is going to turn out, because nobody really knows what route they're taking, or whether they're going to depart from the game script entirely.
I didn't say I'm not PLANNING to, but I'll wait for the anime to end first.

Well, yes it doesn't but that doesn't prevent people from dropping hints, many of which do turn out true, so it spoils some of the fun, for me at least.
Old 2006-03-26, 16:32   Link #118
Fishbait

Just saw the episode...sub's out so no need for spoiler now right?

ANYWAYS

I just wanna say

lol @ their "NOONE CAN SEE IT UP HERE" comment

I mean, jeez lol?

these kind stuff would definitely be on tv, and 10921 random ppl would have caught it on camera too

So...hmm...yea Rider's gone now? But according to anime rule, if you dont see the corpse...it aint dead...and if you do see the corpse...it probably isnt dead...
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 16:53   Link #119
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Spoiler:
I think his red eye gave his hiding place away.
Old 2006-03-26, 16:57   Link #120
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
I think his red eye gave his hiding place away.
Yeah, if he had only worn an eye patch, I wouldn't have figured he was hiding there