AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-11, 02:27   Link #921
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
What's the approximate waiting time for a scanlation now?
Old 2009-08-11, 18:02   Link #922
typhonsentra

Whenever someone with a certain level of knowledge of both languages decides to pick it up, I suppose.
Old 2009-08-11, 23:46   Link #923
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
What's the approximate waiting time for a scanlation now?
Last one took a month after the magazine was released (about 3-3 1/2 weeks after the RAW hit, I believe). I don't think we'll be waiting as long this time, unless the Chapter 1 scanlator decides to drop it.
Old 2009-08-22, 18:09   Link #924
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
The new Yuki-chan was already translated (no links here, though).

Cute story, it folow from where the last chapter stop. For some reason Kyon also dinner in Yuki's place (and Asakura cook). It was just a love comedy about then eating and discussing the cristmas party (Asakura thinks celebrating christmas in the clubroom is agains common sense. lol).

The story is not bad... But I feel it is too short for a mothly serie. The pace seens to be slow (no Haruhi yet), so waiting a month for a new short story is not really satisfying. I think the story can be good, with time, but the mothly chapter definitly do not help.
Old 2009-08-22, 18:46   Link #925
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
... Why aren't we doing links to the translated Yuki-chan, again? The rules only forbid linking to raws and fan translations of licensed material.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-08-22, 19:07   Link #926
Heatth

I guess you are right. I didn't because that post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by puremadniss View Post
Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu
just got a scanslation, id give links, but my post would prob be deleted for advertising or sumthin heh

go to mangahelpers
they got it there same name
But the rules say nothing about unlicensed manga. So, here the link for the scan group: iMangaScans
Old 2009-08-22, 19:57   Link #927
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

I noticed a bit of an error: Nagato's arms are in a different position during the flashback than they were during the scene itself. Yes, I'm being picky. So what?

Aside from that... This version of Asakura is awesome. Love how she pretended to not notice Kyon's presence while they were eating.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-08-22, 20:01   Link #928
Heatth

Well, considering how I am about Kaisos scenes....

However, the 'flashback' is Kyon's imagination. It also show more of Yuki's belly. It is not really an error, just show Kyon wasn't paying atention on her arms

Last edited by Heatth; 2009-08-22 at 20:25.
Old 2009-08-22, 20:02   Link #929
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Fair enough... still, it's a bit jarring.
Old 2009-08-23, 02:02   Link #930
ijuinkun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo View Post
Ryoko - Yuki's best friend who later eventually falls in love with Kyon and backstabs Yuki.
Beware of the use of the term "backstab" when speaking about Ryoko--she tends to be rather literal about it.
Old 2009-08-23, 02:09   Link #931
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Read the scanlation, and it's about what I expected except for the (comparable) Wall o' Kana toward the end, of which I expected nothing, since I couldn't read it. Nice to see another tenuous bridge back to Haruhi-ville even if it's subtle... One wonders where Yuki may have gotten the idea to have a party in the club room. Even Asakura says it's not something Yuki would have thought of herself.

We novel readers, of course, know of one person who might think of something like that, and in fact did right around the time frame where all of this is happening...
Old 2009-08-23, 08:44   Link #932
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
We novel readers, of course, know of one person who might think of something like that, and in fact did right around the time frame where all of this is happening...
You know, non novel readers probably can think someone who would have that idea
Old 2009-08-23, 22:37   Link #933
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The chibi portions are straight off Haruhi-chan. Still, a Yuki that talks this much....
Old 2009-08-23, 22:47   Link #934
Heatth

I think the idea is, if Yuki was a normal school gril, she would be a shy bookish girl who almost never talk before strangers but who might be somewhat talkative when with friends. She haven't said a line when near to Tsuruya (tough it is not a good exemple, as Kyon also didn't sai anything )

You are right, however. Is still a odd interpretation of Yuki. Anybody is more or less like that, I would say they are original characters who are somewhat similar to the Haruhi cast.
Old 2009-08-23, 22:50   Link #935
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, this is an AU we're talking about. Besides, Kadokawa is no stranger to official AU manga (EVA, anyone?).
Old 2009-08-23, 23:03   Link #936
Heatth

True. I Prefer AU characters being very similar to the canon character, though. Otherwise, they could just have other name and apparence.

I am not complaning about Yuki-chan characters, though. They are all still similar enough. Tsuruya is a bit more agressive then the cannon, for exemple but the situation is very different (Kyon and Yuki are not her friends).

The most different characcters are Ryouko and Yuki. This is understandable, as their canon persona are essentially non humans. I believe it was the idea Puyo was trying to pass.

However, still is to early to talk about that.
Old 2009-08-24, 03:16   Link #937
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Once again, how much do we know about AU Yuki and Ryoko?
We... didn't see much of them in Disappearance anyway.
Old 2009-08-24, 04:03   Link #938
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Heatth was comparing them to their NON-Disappearance selves. However, it's worth pointing out that they're even a bit different from those personalities.

YC Ryoko seems more interested in playing matchmaker between Kyon and Yuki-chan, while V4 Ryoko was highly protective of Yuki, to the point of outright threatening Kyon not to do anything to hurt her.

On the other side of things, Yuki-chan is rather forward with a few things, though easily flustered. V4 Yuki was... well, this.
Old 2009-08-24, 06:43   Link #939
Heatth

I really was trying to avoid these books. I said Ryouko is different because her friendly and energetic behavious here is pretty different from her friendly and cheerful behavious on Melancholly.
Old 2009-08-25, 01:44   Link #940
kniteowl

a Nagato Spinoff Doujin is all good & all but if they were gonna do a spin off why didn't do a spinoff with this then? it would've been so epic lol.

Spoiler for Pic:

On topic though, just reed the 1st 2 chapters, I guess it's your typical romance comedy slice of life series, nothing in particular that stood out for me but it as an enjoyable read.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, shounen