AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 21:11   Link #142
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
I really never got why People rank so high Spider Man 2, And I’m a hard core spidie fan, and there are a lot of problems going on with the Sam Raimi take on Peter Parker/Spider Man. specifically in part 2 and 3.
Chris Nolan turned Batman into a larger-than-life icon. Sam Raimi made Spiderman an ordinary person with everyday problems, just like any one of us.

That's what makes Spiderman 2 one of the best superhero movies to date, in my opinion.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 21:51   Link #143
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Spoiler for :
Spoiler for spoils:

Spoiler for spoils:

I would love to see Talia al Ghul or Catwomen (hopefully Angelina Jolie, her personality is crazy enough to flesh out a catwomen persona) in the next film
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 00:11   Link #144
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
Spoiler for spoils:

Spoiler for spoils:
Spoiler for theories on the end:

Personally, I've always hated Catwoman... and I don't think Jolie is as good an actress as she is given credit for. (Yes, I know, I'm hating, flame me, idc). As far as villains I think could be in a sequel, I really do think that the Joker and Two-face have always been Batman's most interesting foes, from a live-action movie standpoint of what can be realistically, tastefully, and believably done. The Riddler and Penguin seem to be pretty popular choices, and I do agree that they would make interesting live-action foils for Batman in Nolan's universe, but to be honest, every other one of Batman's rogues seem to be a big step down from the Joker.
mcruz1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 00:21   Link #145
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcruz1014 View Post
Spoiler for theories on the end:

Personally, I've always hated Catwoman... and I don't think Jolie is as good an actress as she is given credit for. (Yes, I know, I'm hating, flame me, idc). As far as villains I think could be in a sequel, I really do think that the Joker and Two-face have always been Batman's most interesting foes, from a live-action movie standpoint of what can be realistically, tastefully, and believably done. The Riddler and Penguin seem to be pretty popular choices, and I do agree that they would make interesting live-action foils for Batman in Nolan's universe, but to be honest, every other one of Batman's rogues seem to be a big step down from the Joker.
Spoiler for spoil:

The Joker is Batman's greatest foe. (two sides of the same coin).

All his other enemies are just 2nd tier compare to the Joker
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 00:30   Link #146
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
For Nolan's version of Batman, which seems to really focus on the aspect of Batman and his crime-solving abilities instead of just "pure action", I agree that most of Batman's other notable enemies seem kind of "meh". The Joker and Two Face are really dynamic and flexible characters. I think it allows more creativity.

Catwoman I thought had an interesting story as a villain. And I think Michelle Phifer did a good job in Batman Returns portraying her. However, that was a different kind of "Batman". I'm not sure if her character would work for a sequel. But then again, Scarecrow worked. Perhaps Nolan and Goyer could make it happen.

The character I think would really work well is The Riddler. Especially in the aspect of "crime solving". I'd be interested to see a more "serious" version of the character as opposed to the one Jim Carrey portrayed in Batman Forever. Or rather, one that fits the tone of the movie. Apparently Kate Beckinsale and Christine Ricci has expressed interest if the character ever became available.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 01:38   Link #147
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejazz87 View Post
For Nolan's version of Batman, which seems to really focus on the aspect of Batman and his crime-solving abilities instead of just "pure action", I agree that most of Batman's other notable enemies seem kind of "meh". The Joker and Two Face are really dynamic and flexible characters. I think it allows more creativity.

Catwoman I thought had an interesting story as a villain. And I think Michelle Phifer did a good job in Batman Returns portraying her. However, that was a different kind of "Batman". I'm not sure if her character would work for a sequel. But then again, Scarecrow worked. Perhaps Nolan and Goyer could make it happen.

The character I think would really work well is The Riddler. Especially in the aspect of "crime solving". I'd be interested to see a more "serious" version of the character as opposed to the one Jim Carrey portrayed in Batman Forever. Or rather, one that fits the tone of the movie. Apparently Kate Beckinsale and Christine Ricci has expressed interest if the character ever became available.
Wait... Kate Beckinsdale and Christina Ricci expressed interest in playing the Riddler? Or do you mean Catwoman? Because making the Riddler female is completely from left field...
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 02:09   Link #148
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It wouldn't be canon... but a morph of catwoman and the riddler could be very interesting.

However, I like Catwoman (chaotic neutral on a mission) and I like the Riddler (ginormous IQ, obsessive-compulsive "lawful" evil)
Old 2008-07-22, 03:14   Link #149
oompa loompa

I actually think that jim carrey could play the riddler very well again, of course a 'new' riddler. Im not sure why, but I think he fits the role really well.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 07:16   Link #150
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
The more I think about it, the more I see how the Riddler could be well done in the new series of films. It seems like he would be the kind of villain that would believably find a way to pit the people of Gotham against Batman, something that is in keeping with Nolan's new direction after the end of The Dark Knight.
mcruz1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 08:17   Link #151
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Chris Nolan turned Batman into a larger-than-life icon. Sam Raimi made Spiderman an ordinary person with everyday problems, just like any one of us.

That's what makes Spiderman 2 one of the best superhero movies to date, in my opinion.
Huh? Two things:

A) Neither Nolan or Raimi made their respective character what you mentioned, Bat-Man has been a larger than life Icon for long time now, whereas Spider-Man was conceived by Stan Lee, as a Young teenager with everyday problems. In fact, Nolan’s Bat-Man is more down to earth than The DC universe version (Bat-Man right now has a back up plan to defeat every superheroe in the DC universe just in case they go rogue– I doubt Nolan’s Bat-Man has that reach.)

B) What does one Character of the movie has to do if the movie good enough to be ranked so high? Besides that you are talking about a single movie, based on what you said, then the 3 spider man should be ranked high given we are dealing with the same character having different problems in each movie.

Its OK to have Spider-Man 2 as one of the best, that is personal Opinion, I just never understood why people find it better than the first one (or for that matter better than Iron Man and Bat-Man Begins)
Old 2008-07-22, 15:01   Link #152
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
The more I think about it, the more I see how the Riddler could be well done in the new series of films. It seems like he would be the kind of villain that would believably find a way to pit the people of Gotham against Batman, something that is in keeping with Nolan's new direction after the end of The Dark Knight.
The reminds me of the Phantasm.
I guess there really is no chance of Nolan bringing her into the series.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 15:14   Link #153
ApostleOfGod
^.^

I want to rewatch this movie. But I don't want to make the trip, and I don't want to spend another 10 bux... And it's a pretty long movie to rewatch, but it's worth it...

What should I do?

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 15:36   Link #154
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostleOfGod View Post
I want to rewatch this movie. But I don't want to make the trip, and I don't want to spend another 10 bux... And it's a pretty long movie to rewatch, but it's worth it...

What should I do?
hmmm.. Sounds like money is the primary problem. My suggestion would be to panhandle near the traffic lights of a busy intersection when the cars are waiting at the red light, or apply for a job to the nearby theater that is playing the movie. The 2nd approach solves both your financial problem, and the duration challenge this movie throws at its viewer. Time flies when one is checking tickets at the gate or selling buttery popcorn to fat people. Compared to that repetitive and never ending exercise, two and a half hours of crazy joker wouldn't feel too long.

Good movie, by the way!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 15:51   Link #155
ApostleOfGod
^.^

-_-

Fine I'll go... I think.

On second thought, nvm.

Old 2008-07-22, 16:12   Link #156
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

its either that or cosplay as the Joker in front of your mirror for two hours...
Old 2008-07-22, 16:15   Link #157
ApostleOfGod
^.^

**gets mother's cosmetics kit**

Now I just need bombs, good places to blow up, a sadistic twisted yet attractive laugh, and henchmen.

I'm going to rewatch it.

Old 2008-07-22, 18:13   Link #158
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
What do you guys think about Bane as a villain? Not the horrible Joel Schumacher version of course, but the original version.

Obviously they'd have to tone his weirdness down significantly, and maybe even (gasp) remove the mask, but I think someone like him could work.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 18:23   Link #159
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I still prefer the old joker Jack FTW !!! to add some thoughts to Rurik's post

People forgetBatman's alter ego is Bruce Wayne while Peter Parker alter Ego is Spider man . Batman will never face real life problems as Bruce Wayne is just a facade for society

@Papaya Bane series was the best Batman like ever IMO. I would really cry tears of joy if the Knightfall series is adopted for the next movie or any sequel . Azarel fanboy inside of me never died it just went on to grow up : )

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2008-07-22 at 18:35.
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 18:25   Link #160
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
What do you guys think about Bane as a villain? Not the horrible Joel Schumacher version of course, but the original version.

Obviously they'd have to tone his weirdness down significantly, and maybe even (gasp) remove the mask, but I think someone like him could work.
It might be interesting to see a villian that uses Steroids, or something similiar, to increase his fighting abilities, etc (not to mention that Bane was fairly intelligent). The only really interesting story that Bane has, though, involved Bane breaking Batman's back (and consequently the Batman Cape & Cowl was passed to another for a time)...and I doubt Nolan will choose this route.

Then again, Bane is the only person, other than Batman, to be chosen as an "heir" by Ra's al Ghul. So, that might be a way of tying Bane into the Nolan universe.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kemonomimi